• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I'm so disappointed with that leak...

Yes, it's the character choice.

2 sword wielders, another pokemon, Palutena is way too safe and Chorus man is the only one that's actually the not-safe one... He seems k.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I'd not be surprised to see the Chorus Men as our other shock newcomer, but god damn this reinforces how awful shock characters are as a concept. Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough whether whatever is revealed in the Direct matches up with those newcomers.

Also, in before anyone is deluded enough to claim that "someone could have guessed Chorus Men."
Too late.
So, the Chorus Men and Marshal are pretty much the same person, except that Marshal plays a FAR more extensive roll in Rhythm Heaven's sequel, Fever. The chorus kids played in two minigames + Remixes in the DS game, which isn't the greatest, cause there was like 3 things that also did that.

Marshal was apparently also in japan-only GBA RH but I haven't played that one.
Cool! Thanks.

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Relax guys. This is the same guy who stated 6 characters at first, 2 of which haven't been announced and 1 (Rosalina) that he has yet to include in any of his leaks. Nowhere does it say in his leak that this is our definitive list of characters, there could be more he has yet to name.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If we got K Rool and Ridley in addition to those guys I'm sure that people would turn their opinions on this backwards.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Not happy about the lack of a third Donkey Kong character in that leak. Not happy at all. I just don't understand how he could skip BOTH K. Rool and Dixie, not just two of the most requested characters, but two characters that are actually recognizable, and two characters that would be easy to create movesets for and make perfect sense being in the series. It would absolutely boggle my mind and I'd probably question the man's intelligence.

As was said though, Rosalina is missing, so that at least means these aren't all of the characters. Really though, how many more characters could there be? I really hope this is fake.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'd not be surprised to see the Chorus Men as our other shock newcomer, but god damn this reinforces how awful shock characters are as a concept. Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough whether whatever is revealed in the Direct matches up with those newcomers.

Also, in before anyone is deluded enough to claim that "someone could have guessed Chorus Men."
Ahem
Also you best not be saying any fire to those guys. While I still don't believe in this leak or any other, it doesn't mean I have to hate the idea of it. Only things that bother me are Mii and Pacman, which I could live with if I got my precious Rhythm Heaven rep.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Relax guys. This is the same guy who stated 6 characters at first, 2 of which haven't been announced and 1 (Rosalina) that he has yet to include in any of his leaks. Nowhere does it say in his leak that this is our definitive list of characters, there could be more he has yet to name.
But I don't want this to be true...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ahem
Also you best not be saying any fire to those guys. While I still don't believe in this leak or any other, it doesn't mean I have to hate the idea of it. Only things that bother me are Mii and Pacman, which I could live with if I got my precious Rhythm Heaven rep.
It's not the Chorus Men themselves I dislike, it's the idea that they're a second shock candidate in addition to the WFT. If they're based on singing and being a team of three, they blatantly overshadow WFT with regard to uniqueness, making her even more of a useless addition. It should have just been the Chorus Men from the beginning.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If we got K Rool and Ridley in addition to those guys I'm sure that people would turn their opinions on this backwards.
I'd still be a bit disappointed in it, particularly depending on what it means for "Pokémon from XY" and the fates of the veterans from that series (ex. Mewtwo), but c'est la vie.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I guess that the betternet leak is already dead, since was stated today in the official tweeter, that is impossible to determinate the relase date.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Was just about to post the Gematsu rumor, there is a lot of speculation and possible signs, this now included, that would lend itself to Shulk being in the Direct, but as hyped as I am for that, if this is another genuine leak (considering it comes from Sal Romano), I really hope that the X-Y Pokemon is Hawlucha, haha.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
There's also the fact that Mewtwo could still be in.
I mean, Pokemon has always had the most characters playable, and if anyone was to get 6 it's Pokemon or Mario (provided no cuts) we'd likely get Mewtwo (Veteran) with Pokemon. Unless someone else gets cut.
If the Newcomer XY is Mewtwo-Mega, then I'm still cool with it.

I think the reason this bodes harshly is the Ridley/DK newcomer issue.

Last edited:
Assuming "Chorus Man" is a misnomer or a colloquial name like "Animal Crossing Guy," and he actually means Marshall, it's actually been suggested plenty of times, like here.

Given how the fanbase has scoured all of Nintendo history, I don't think there's a single character left that nobody has guessed or at least entertained the notion of. Even Tin Star has his own die-hard follower around here.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'm hoping that if this leak really is true that it's not all the newcomers still, and that others like Ridley and K. Rool still have time to show up, potentially as hidden characters, or at E3.

If these eleven are the full newcomer list however I'll be wholly disappointed, with Megaman, Little Mac and Palutena being the only characters I actually give two ****s about :/

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Assuming "Chorus Man" is a misnomer or a colloquial name like "Animal Crossing Guy," and he actually means Marshall, it's actually been suggested plenty of times, like here.

Given how the fanbase has scoured all of Nintendo history, I don't think there's a single character left that nobody has guessed or at least entertained the notion of. Even Tin Star has his own die-hard follower around here.
Okay, people have mentioned the character, it's not a WFT scenario where it happened once as a joke, but the odds that that specific character was guessed out of the hundreds of shock candidates proposed are still infinitesimally small.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hopefully this Direct does a Little Mac.
I want to see some leaks die. No doubt many will, actually. The direct wasn't precedented to be a Smash Bros only one and I think most leaks are like that.
(Looking at you, Betternet!)

Last edited:

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Another supposedly leaked list.

Before Nintendo Direct HYPE!
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=225833&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Last year, there was a leak about potential characters to appear in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. The list included Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii. As you now know, more of those supposed leaks turned out to be right than wrong. Now that same leaker has come forward with another list of characters that will supposedly be in the game.

Shulk (Xenoblade)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y

Will any of these listed names actually appear in the game? I guess we'll have a first chance at finding out during today's Direct!

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Looks like it's a Nintendo INdirect, and won't load for anyone connecting outside the state of Washington.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your VPNs. :troll:

But seriously, here's to DEAD LEAKS!

Ah, it looks like I'll have to settle for reading reactions until the Direct hits YouTube.

I've never been able to see a live Nintendo Direct due to traffic issues. :c

Besides the new things we'll see, I'm excited for several rumors to be retired. Betternet had a good run, but its luck will be up.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
NO RIDLEY, WHY?

Ridley is a stage hazard.

EDIT:

Ridley and Tom Nook deconfirmed so far.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
You know, the only leak I can recall that brought up the Master Ball is the GaeozHero leak.

Lip confirmed? :D

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That basically was the leak massacre, Ridley being deconfirmed killed half of them, Charizard killed the other half, and what was left was sliced dead by Greninja.

The only leaks that live is the secondary Sal one and Palutena (and maybe the "Chaoszero, didn't pay attention to the online bit).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes everything is dead/! Charziard is solo and greininja is in!!!!! Also ridley still has a chance, note how we did not see him fully, just a silhouette, so he may be unlikely but he has a chance still.

Last edited:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"X/Y Pokemon" is so intentionally vague that you can't give it credit because Greninja. If it said Greninja by himself then we'd basically have something to kind of confirm, which I kind of hope is true because Rhythm Heaven.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You can, because he's right. We know 90% if not 100% of the roster.

The question is, are we getting Dixie, or K Rool? Or not.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
"X/Y Pokemon" is so intentionally vague that you can't give it credit because Greninja. If it said Greninja by himself then we'd basically have something to kind of confirm, which I kind of hope is true because Rhythm Heaven.
Maybe he wasn't a fan of Pokemon and therefore didn't know the name, but we still got miis from original leak thus on and plutana is basically confirmed no trophy and changed pit final smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom