• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didnt that silouette cover most of the stage?
I'm not saying he's out but....he sure as heck isnt confirmed.
Yes but there are other ridley forms.for all we know that was meta ridley flying by.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I am SHOCKED Eren Jeager was full of it. Shocked.

Shroob

Sup?
It's so nice to finally have a bunch of these leaks burned.... Just to have a whole bunch rise up to take their place.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are you all satisfied yet? Ready to stop bringing up the goddamn Betternet "Leak" every other day? Or is the combination of Greninja, Solo Charizard and NO POKEMON TRAINER AT ALL not enough for you all to consider it dead as a doornail?

Side note, remember how I told you earlier that the Betternet Roster was an updated version of the Journalist Roster, which lacked Rosalina and Toon Link? Don't be surprised if, in a few days, you see the exact same roster reposted as a "leak," just with its inconsistencies fixed yet again.
Yes, yes i am! I hope there is no update to it though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One tick, did any of the assists in the 3DS version have outlines. I don't think they did.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah. Gematsu says it's the same guy who tipped the rest of the newcomers. Save for Rosalina.
Yeah, that's gotta be real. I believe it.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One tick, did any of the assists in the 3DS version have outlines. I don't think they did.
Nope. We saw Samurai Goroh on the 3DS version, and he didn't have an outline.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Man, I lost all hope for this game.

-"If we're going to delay, we'll delay the 3DS one", 3DS one releases in the Summer...
-Deconfirm Tom Nook, Squirtle AND Ridley
-Greninja... Why? No one even wants this, EVERYONE has a newcomer they want that should get a higher priority than this.
-Over-sexualized Samus gets even more over-sexualized with high heels
-Charizard gets his own spot, so overrated and way to pick favorites AGAIN, Nintendo...
-This new leak is horrible.
Chill dude. That's your opinion. I'm happy we got Greninja instead of same Japanese character no Western user knows. Greninja is know worldwide and Charizard is a boss.

My opinions on this? Hype. So happy. Only bad news to me is character customization. It'll make the meta too complicated and I think the game should have just been character tiers not customization tiers. The online still isn't great, but it's better! Play for Glory is awesome!

Now on the subject of Ridley. Sakurai was trolling the whole direct. I used to think Sakurai had no clue about this community. Because Nintendo seems to either ignore or not care about us. But the Palutena fake confirms to me that
1) Sakurai knows all about our community and what we know
2) Palutena is in
3) Sakurai is a chill dude.

But back on Ridley. After that trolling. And Sakurai only showing the silhuoette of Ridley... I am beginning to think he is faking us here. No, that is definently A ridley. But remember in Brawl when we got Meta Ridley in the SSE? Now I'm not one person that really cares about Ridley. I couldn't care less. But because I now know for certain that Sakurai knows about this community. And the Ridley supporters are louder than the Palutena supporters... I think if Ridley really was not a character then Sakurai would have shown all of Ridley instead of a shadow. What I'm thinking is that the stage hazard is Meta Ridley aka the boss battle in the SSE while normal Ridley is a playable character.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Man, I lost all hope for this game.

-"If we're going to delay, we'll delay the 3DS one", 3DS one releases in the Summer...
-Deconfirm Tom Nook, Squirtle AND Ridley
-Greninja... Why? No one even wants this, EVERYONE has a newcomer they want that should get a higher priority than this.
-Over-sexualized Samus gets even more over-sexualized with high heels
-Charizard gets his own spot, so overrated and way to pick favorites AGAIN, Nintendo...
-This new leak is horrible.
Actually I've been wanting Greninja since I got Pokemon X.... so saying no one wants this is hardly true cos I know I've spoken to others with similar thoughts, really cool moveset and replaces Squirtle who was fun but I won't miss him, keeping Charizard and tossing those two was a good shout I feel

Also Ridley STILL hasn't been deconfirmed, the shadow was such fan-baiting, and COME ON if Pseudo-Palutena's appearance isn't confirmation of Sakurai trolling about the leak then you guys need you heads examined :p

I have a feeling early in development we were gunna have gregninja fennekin and quadrillion as Pokemon Trainer 2 and thus with some of the work already done they kept Gregninja and demoted fennekin to pokeball (possibly with quadrillion) due to the problems with the 3DS. So very early leaks may not be dead if they were made before characters like that had a problem
You can see Chespin lined up with all the other Pokeball Pokemon in the Greninja trailer so he's likely one too now

I could have sworn that there was a leak that said no more transformations and you would be able to play as Samus and ZSS separately. Is that leak still alive by any chance?
Can't remember exactly but I know I called it at some point after seeing the Phantom on Zelda's page, though I was leaning towards Shiek possibly being Impa now (though tbf she could still get an Impa skin similar to Wireframe Mac, Male Trainer etc)

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I felt a great disturbance, as if millions of leaks suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

In other news, I think this confirms both Ridley and Palutena as playable.

The Ridley shadow is too obvious. Why not SHOW us Ridley if he's just a stage hazard?

The Palutena imposter trophy also cinches it for me.

Sakurai is trolling too hard. These characters are definitely in. If he were to troll that hard and then NOT have them in, he'd be MADE of a-hole...

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I am SHOCKED Eren Jeager was full of it. Shocked.
Edit:pffft I'm dumb for not noticing that was satire.
The bad thing about this Gematsu leak (aside from angry people at the roster) is that this leaker is obviously the real deal. But we will never know at what point is he lying (if he is) or messing with us. He could lie at any second knowing we would believe it, but we won't know for a long time. But the XY pokemon says otherwise. It was vague, but also not vague. I'm not sure what to think.

Last edited:

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Yes but there are other ridley forms.for all we know that was meta ridley flying by.
If you watch the Little Mac vs Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong footage you'll notice that their shadows change size from large to small when they're in the air.

People are thinking Ridley won't make the cut but i'm telling you he'll likely be saved for E3. As we saw w/ the ZSS joke, we know Sakurai is not above trolling. He seems to be purposely keeping people on edge. I won't count him out. Not yet.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Oh, look, SmashBoards is back.

Needless to say, that was the most interesting Direct I've even seen (as in, the final few minutes of it)
And I too, still have hope for Ridley.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
But Meta Ridley wasn't in Other M.
Doesn't matter. Even though Ridley made those holes in Other M. It doesn't mean Meta Ridley cannot do that in Smash 4. Don't just quote me on what you quoted though. The other evidence may add up. I'm not some crazy Ridley supporter here. But from my unbiased view, it could go either way. I actually think this may help Ridley more.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
I felt a great disturbance, as if millions of leaks suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

In other news, I think this confirms both Ridley and Palutena as playable.

The Ridley shadow is too obvious. Why not SHOW us Ridley if he's just a stage hazard?

The Palutena imposter trophy also cinches it for me.

Sakurai is trolling too hard. These characters are definitely in.
With respect to Ridley, I think I agree with you. I'm a big Ridley supporter and so obviously I will cling to all hope possible...but this is what I think. After having gone back and re-watched the video, I noticed that you actually catch a glimpse of Ridley's tail in that section. The part you see is specifically the white, knife-like blade on the tail of Other M's version of Ridley.

As of now, there are 3 'versions' of Ridley: Ridley, Meta Ridley, and Other M Ridley (who is a clone and that's it). As such, I'm not ruling out seeing good ol' standard Ridley as a playable character, and perhaps Meta Ridley as his Final Smash.

If we can have both Samus and Zero Suit Samus on one screen at once, why not Roidley as a stage hazard and standard Ridley as a playable character? Just sayin'!

polonight

Smash Journeyman
I think if Ridley really was not a character then Sakurai would have shown all of Ridley instead of a shadow. What I'm thinking is that the stage hazard is Meta Ridley aka the boss battle in the SSE while normal Ridley is a playable character.
We'll I do believe that we see "Ridleys tail" In the direct and I can tell you that I swear it was not purple, it was metallic (see where I'm getting at but someone may need to check)
Edit: GREGNINJA'D

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
IF were going to have nitpicky comments such as "RIDLEY WAS NOT DECOMFIRMED!!!!!!!!" while he shows a shadow while talking about bosses!

Here's a new theory: HOW ARE YOU SO SURE IT WAS RIDLEY'S SHADOW???!!!!!!!!

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
If you guys remember the MK8 leak, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and probably Snake are disconfirmed (early call on the Pokemon but I think it's likely)... That leaves one more out of the 48 characters.

Let's see something here. Let's factor in salromano's characters.

39 from Brawl - 4 =
35 + 6 (Pac-Man, Little Mac, WFT, Villager, Mega Man, Mii) + 1 (Rosalina) + 5 (Shulk, Chrom, 'Choir Men', Palutena, Greninja) =
47 characters...

One more character left? I'm gonna guess K. Rool.

Thoughts?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Chill dude. That's your opinion. I'm happy we got Greninja instead of same Japanese character no Western user knows. Greninja is know worldwide and Charizard is a boss.

My opinions on this? Hype. So happy. Only bad news to me is character customization. It'll make the meta too complicated and I think the game should have just been character tiers not customization tiers. The online still isn't great, but it's better! Play for Glory is awesome!

Now on the subject of Ridley. Sakurai was trolling the whole direct. I used to think Sakurai had no clue about this community. Because Nintendo seems to either ignore or not care about us. But the Palutena fake confirms to me that
1) Sakurai knows all about our community and what we know
2) Palutena is in
3) Sakurai is a chill dude.

But back on Ridley. After that trolling. And Sakurai only showing the silhuoette of Ridley... I am beginning to think he is faking us here. No, that is definently A ridley. But remember in Brawl when we got Meta Ridley in the SSE? Now I'm not one person that really cares about Ridley. I couldn't care less. But because I now know for certain that Sakurai knows about this community. And the Ridley supporters are louder than the Palutena supporters... I think if Ridley really was not a character then Sakurai would have shown all of Ridley instead of a shadow. What I'm thinking is that the stage hazard is Meta Ridley aka the boss battle in the SSE while normal Ridley is a playable character.
Finally someone who understands how much trolling went on today. That's why i love sakurai.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Was the gaeoz hero leak the only one that leaked The Master Ball as a new item?
I know its dead but Im just curious.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I am kind of bummed about Greninja only because I thought for a second it was Mewtwo but...

Anyone else notice how Isaac wasn't a returning AT?

This gives me a lot of hope for his inclusion.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Hold on, I'm looking up the most recent "killable by" post

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I noticed something at the end of the Ridley "boss" - He moves the opposite way like a fighter. It's not a gradual turn time like bosses have, it's an instant change of frame. You can catch it right at the fade-out, and to me, that's confirmation.

Paletuna and Too Big Dragon are confirmed for me, at least.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
If you guys remember the MK8 leak, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and probably Snake are disconfirmed (early call on the Pokemon but I think it's likely)... That leaves one more out of the 48 characters.

Let's see something here. Let's factor in salromano's characters.

39 from Brawl - 4 =
35 + 6 (Pac-Man, Little Mac, WFT, Villager, Mega Man, Mii) + 1 (Rosalina) + 5 (Shulk, Chrom, 'Choir Men', Palutena, Greninja) =
47 characters...

One more character left? I'm gonna guess K. Rool.

Thoughts?
It makes sense to me. It's a shame we won't know until the game is out. The wait wont be too long though. I'm hoping for K.Rool and hope the e3 leaker will leak the last character or something. We need at least one Villain newcomer this time around. With the Kremling's in the ND, it's possible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you watch the Little Mac vs Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong footage you'll notice that their shadows change size from large to small when they're in the air.

People are thinking Ridley won't make the cut but i'm telling you he'll likely be saved for E3. As we saw w/ the ZSS joke, we know Sakurai is not above trolling. He seems to be purposely keeping people on edge. I won't count him out. Not yet.
My thoughts exactly, plus snake if he is back is at E3 or bust. Also i believe that the direct also confirms these characters:

issac, meta knight, balloon fighter, ridley, palutena, shadow, and maybe a few others, i will need to rewatch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom