• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
@ Starbound Starbound I think that was from some online magazine article, not 4Chan. As a matter of principle, I don't trust anything from that website.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm so freaking hyped for this new direct. If you haven't already heard, there's going to be a direct for SSB4 on Tuesday.
Also, I've got a buddy who works for Nintendo. He's a jack*** and knows I'm really hyped for this direct and have me some really vague information.
-2 newcomers will be revealed (ones apparently really cool and a bunch of be direct is spent on this character)
-3 veterans (2 with changes)
-there's no specific release date, just a "Winter 2013" (friend disinterest actually tell me what it was
-some explanations of already revealed characters
-a crap ton of gameplay, including some of a different game mode (maybe Team or adventure?)
Thats all he told me, but as I said before, he's a jack*** so he might just be screwing with me.
OH HELLLLLLLLLL YES IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR BINGO!!

3 spaces filled! No BINGO... Better luck next time. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
2 newcomers, 2 revamped veterans, and 1 unchanged veteran... sure wish Ganondorf and Yoshi are revamped...

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I'll just post it here, just in case some odd scenario that this is true:

Text:
Round Cactus 04/05/14(Sat)13:05 UTC-5 No.>>238442306 >>238442317 >>238442345 >>238442526 >>238442640 >>238442664 >>238442709 >>238443956 >>238444637 Media copies are already out. Things to note:
-Heavier combat style, easier to chain combos
-Items are ALL more comical and cartoony looking
-Virtual Boy stage
-This is the last time we get a character reveal until release, BUT:
The final roster:
(*=Newcomer)

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina & Luma*

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
King Dedede

Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Little Mac*
Pit
Mr. Game & Watch

Samus
Zebesian*
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco

Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Prince Sable*

Wii Fit Trainer*
Mii*
Villager*
Marth
Chrom & Robin*

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Team Flare*

Pikmin & Olimar
Saki Amamiya*
Ness
Lucas
Masked Man*

X (protagonist of Monolith Soft's Xenologue)*
Sonic
Mega Man*
Warriors of Light (Tiz, Agnes, Ringabel, Edea)*
Hatsune Miku*
This list is disgusting

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A lot of time spent will be on the certain character, I'm betting Mii.
Not if that character is supposed to be incredibly hype.

That whole "leak" is ridiculous anyway.

Text:
Round Cactus 04/05/14(Sat)13:05 UTC-5 No.>>238442306 >>238442317 >>238442345 >>238442526 >>238442640 >>238442664 >>238442709 >>238443956 >>238444637 Media copies are already out. Things to note:
-Virtual Boy stage
The final roster:
(*=Newcomer)

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina & Luma*

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
King Dedede

Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Little Mac*
Pit
Mr. Game & Watch

Samus
Zebesian*
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco

Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Prince Sable*

Wii Fit Trainer*
Mii*
Villager*
Marth
Chrom & Robin*

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Team Flare*

Pikmin & Olimar
Saki Amamiya*
Ness
Lucas
Masked Man*

Sonic
Mega Man*
Hatsune Miku*
WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THE X PROTAGONIST IS!

This is literally the worst leak I've ever seen. Ever.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
From what I've seen of X I really get the feeling that there is no "real" protagonist. I think it'll have multiplayer functions and that your main character will be a created character, although it could still have a Commander Shepard style back story. I could be wrong, since we haven't really seen much of the game... but I also tend to think that the picture they showed in the first trailer is Shulk, and that he likely plays a part in the story and would still be the most likely Monolith rep.

Touma

Smash Rookie
I'd laugh if Miku was actually in it. Like the first trailer shows a bunch of character fighting in the boxing ring when suddenly the monitor shows Miku on it, everyone looks at it confused and suddenly Miku jumps out and starts attacking them.

In all seriousness though, who do you guys think is going to 'direct' this Direct? Think Sakurai will take over with English subs (or maybe him pulling an Iwata and speaking in butchered English) or do you think they'll just hand it over to Iwata to show a few trailers and talk about what Sakurai has told him to talk about?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In all seriousness though, who do you guys think is going to 'direct' this Direct? Think Sakurai will take over with English subs (or maybe him pulling an Iwata and speaking in butchered English) or do you think they'll just hand it over to Iwata to show a few trailers and talk about what Sakurai has told him to talk about?
You're probably better off taking the discussion here, 'mate.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bros-direct-on-april-8th-3pm-pst.351659/page-47#post-16568244

My money's on a combination of Iwata and a translator speaking for Sakurai.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I'd laugh if Miku was actually in it. Like the first trailer shows a bunch of character fighting in the boxing ring when suddenly the monitor shows Miku on it, everyone looks at it confused and suddenly Miku jumps out and starts attacking them.

Eh honestly I think it'll be Chrom/Chrom+Lucina/Chrom+Robin/Robin+Lucina(lol) given Fire Emblem has an anniversary this month and 1 or 2 veterans.I'm pretty sure the purpose of this direct is to reveal more information on gameplay and related changes and the revealing of characters will be somewhat of an after thought. Like they'll just throw us a bone sort of thing. Big character releases are probably going to be saved for E3 to build up hype along with a release date.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Text:
-Virtual Boy stage
The final roster:
(*=Newcomer)

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Rosalina & Luma*

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
King Dedede

Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Little Mac*
Pit
Mr. Game & Watch

Samus
Zebesian*
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco

Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Prince Sable*

Wii Fit Trainer*
Mii*
Villager*
Marth
Chrom & Robin*

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Team Flare*

Pikmin & Olimar
Saki Amamiya*
Ness
Lucas
Masked Man*

Sonic
Mega Man*
Hatsune Miku*
a generic space pirate would be a big slap in the face to ridley supporters,

also if it's releasing in winter it wont release in 2014 unless it released between dec 21-31 and with chrismas thats not going to happen

Last edited:

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
https://boards.4chan.org/v/res/238508206

Well this post is interesting. I compared the reveal dates to the date on his original post, and his leaks check out as being before the respective reveals. I haven't seen this one before so my bad if it's been brought up already. Just in time for the Direct too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Well this post is interesting. I compared the reveal dates to the date on his original post, and his leaks check out as being before the respective reveals. I haven't seen this one before so my bad if it's been brought up already. Just in time for the Direct too.
The "leak" he previously "posted" and that he posted here again to get some "credibility" states that the Palutena leak is real, however the supposed post date predates the Palutena leak. It's just a photoshop, so with that he basically killed himself.

Before 4chan automatically kills the post, this is what it says:

Hey /v/

I posted a leak on Smash Bros. a few months ago (12/04/13) that is 100% legit. In that leak I revealed the characters Rosalina + Luma, Little Mac, and numerous veterans before their official announcements. I also leaked Ashley, Mother Brain, and Skull Kid AT's before they were officially revealed.

Anyway, to the good stuff: As you all know a special SSB Nintendo Direct will be airing on April 8th. I'm here to just remind you all of the roster, that I leaked and I am choosing to do it before the direct to show my authenticity. (I did this with my first leak as well, revealing the roster + AT's a day or so before Skull Kid AT was officially announced.)

Roster:
ALL Brawl veterans
Mewtwo is coming back.
Newcomers:
Ridley
Isaac
King K. Rool
Rosalina + Luma
Andy
Little Mac
Saki
Villager
Ghirahim
Palutena
Chrom
Mii
Pac-Man
Wii Fit Trainer

Some AT's:

Glass Joe
Zant
Ghosts (Pac-Man)
Kremlings
Jill
I will be bumping with a screenshot of my previous leak... and to all that may ask: no I am not too worried about losing my position.

He posted this familiar picture in the comments to try and give himself credibility, but ended up shooting himself in the foot due to the date:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I would so love if this leak was real.

Chrom over Robin is a small price to pay to get Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo and an Advance Wars rep. (Andy)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I would so love if this leak was real.

Chrom over Robin is a small price to pay to get Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo and an Advance Wars rep. (Andy)
I still have the screenshot of that leak on my desktop. I've been following it and honestly think it's pretty legit. We'll see more on Tuesday how accurate it checks out to be.

This, so far, is the one leak I believe is true and am eagerly awaiting it to be debunked. I'm going to screenshot this new post and save it for when the direct happens.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I want to believe, it sounds like a miracle roster.

Ghirahim makes me feel suspicious though, I thought he had a chance for a while......but recently I've filed him in the same place as Midna or Vaati.

Main issue is the upcoming direct might not prove this if we get Chrom, Pac-Man, Miis or Palutena. Even if we get Isaac or Shulk it could be considered a lucky guess. If we see Ghirahim, Andy or Saki I'll be standing to attention though.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Could have just been a typo. We already know MegaMan is in the game. Why question that?
True, but you'd Think MegaMan would be the one newcomer they'd remember. ^^

I don't Believe this one, since it doesn't seem different from most other, but it does sound kinda realistic. He said he predicted Skull Kid, and all that, though? Where/when?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't see how that really means anything. You're assuming it's fake because he forgot to list Megaman?

It sounds like grasping at straws to me.
lol, I asure you, I did not mean it would be fake because there's no MegaMan. I just noticed there were none, and brought it up. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If you're going to bother list all the previously known newcomers as well, then it's hardly "grasping at the straws" to nitpick them missing the actual confirmed characters. Not only does it make it sound less "professional/legit," but it also makes it more evident if (and I use that term loosely) they actually put any effort into making a fake leak, or whether they just pulled something out of their ass to get in on the 15 minutes of fame.

Granted that is an insignificant thing to factor here, but it's been posted dozens of times what else is wrong with that leak's approach.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
According the leak we have...52 (?) characters in Smash4. Whoa.

I still refuse to believe Pkmn Trainer remains the same and the fact that Mii is playable character.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
lol, I asure you, I did not mean it would be fake because there's no MegaMan. I just noticed there were none, and brought it up. :p
Ok. I'm not defending the leak, I just think we should discredit it with something more concrete.

Apparently he posted a leak with Rosalina & Luma in December, when was she revealed? Also if this leak is legit that would mean we'd have a roster of 52 slots. (56 overall) Admitedly Namco have been involved in fighting games that had something like 55 fighters in it but it still seems like a lot. I guess there's always the possibility Sakurai has gone back on what he said AGAIN and is just pumping the roster with newcomers......

I'm torn on this one, it's weird.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think we're going to see at least 1 newcomer, a veteran that has a trailer (IE Snake or Mewtwo) and maybe a few other veterens that won't coincide with game releases just in the gameplay trailers and such.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Some people need to stop assuming that were almost definitly getting ~x~ character. for example, chrom. Just because fire emblem has an anniversary?ha, no. And palutena, just because kid icarus has been gettn some spot lite from nintendo eshop and such, doesnt mean shes being announced. Masahiro Sakurai does what HE wants. Dont make assumptions, Youll get your hopes let down. Not that i dont want these characters at the direct, im just warning some people.
Sorry if this is .."off topic"

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Some people need to stop assuming that were almost definitly getting ~x~ character. for example, chrom. Just because fire emblem has an anniversary?ha, no. And palutena, just because kid icarus has been gettn some spot lite from nintendo eshop and such, doesnt mean shes being announced. Masahiro Sakurai does what HE wants. Dont make assumptions, Youll get your hopes let down. Not that i dont want these characters at the direct, im just warning some people.
Sorry if this is .."off topic"
no no they dont you should stop trying to be the no fun allowed guy if they want to have expectations let them not that you could force them otherwise

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
no no they dont you should stop trying to be the no fun allowed guy if they want to have expectations let them not that you could force them otherwise
Im just being logical. An anniversary is no excuse. Sakurai doesnt pay attention to them. Now, do these characters have a CHANCE at being shown?, yes, yes they do. But id save them for e3. There too, expected, too, hype...
Theres nothing wrong with having expectations, but assumptions are different.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Im just being logical. An anniversary is no excuse. Sakurai doesnt pay attention to them. Now, do these characters have a CHANCE at being shown?, yes, yes they do. But id save them for e3. There too, expected, too, hype...
*Insert Lucario-Brawl-Anniversary response*

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
*Insert Lucario-Brawl-Anniversary response*
.. He only mentioned how brawl was released 6 years ago, and hard it was getting lucario in brawl. He never said, "hmm.. Today is brawls anniversary. so since lucario was in brawl, ill announce him." Nm i never intended to come off as rude or anything. Just warning people to keep there expectations low, you dont want to be let down.

.. He only mentioned how brawl was released 6 years ago, and hard it was getting lucario in brawl. He never said, "hmm.. Today is brawls anniversary. so since lucario was in brawl, ill announce him." Nm i never intended to come off as rude or anything. Just warning people to keep there expectations low, you dont want to be let down.
Edit~ macs announcement: not annaversary related.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe I want to get let down...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Mdilly's got a point. We have to control our expectation so that we don't think a character will automatically be confirmed at the Direct, just that they could/ are likely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom