• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am very against anymore light-hearted newcomers being announced because... Villager, WFT, Rosalina and Mega Man (to an extent) are all very light-hearted. When I say 'light-hearted', I mean a character with no intention for killing, good morals, etc. Little Mac is different, he's competitive, trains to fight, dedicated, etc.

Adding the leaky three would make it even more light-hearted with Mii and Pac Man....

Chrom, he partakes in battles, duels, fights demons, etc. Ridley, he kills Samus's parents, conquers worlds, etc. King K. Rool, he wants to destroy DK's Island, etc.

This is why, I am against Dixie, Mii, Pac Man, etc and I tend to not believe that Sakurai would have such a roster where it's all characters that are so down-to-earth and have good morals. Does this mean I'm against them being added? No. I just don't want the roster to be all filled with them.

This is why I think tuesday will be the day we get to see Chrom or Ridley.
...Does Palutena count? She has a Glam Blaster!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About uniqueness: We'll be fine no matter who we get.

These are the people who created Villager's Gyroid Rocket, after all.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I am very against anymore light-hearted newcomers being announced because... Villager, WFT, Rosalina and Mega Man (to an extent) are all very light-hearted. When I say 'light-hearted', I mean a character with no intention for killing, good morals, etc. Little Mac is different, he's competitive, trains to fight, dedicated, etc.

Adding the leaky three would make it even more light-hearted with Mii and Pac Man....

Chrom, he partakes in battles, duels, fights demons, etc. Ridley, he kills Samus's parents, conquers worlds, etc. King K. Rool, he wants to destroy DK's Island, etc.

This is why, I am against Dixie, Mii, Pac Man, etc and I tend to not believe that Sakurai would have such a roster where it's all characters that are so down-to-earth and have good morals. Does this mean I'm against them being added? No. I just don't want the roster to be all filled with them.

"Serious" characters in Smash Bros are rare, simply because Nintendo is a family company. Expecting badass, murderousness characters isn't going to get you very far. Those sort of characters are out of place among Mario, Donkey Kong etc.

We've also had a LOT of human/human-like characters as newcomers so far. I'd say we're more likely to get something that's a little different at this direct.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
And yet you think Dixie is a shoo-in.
#shrekt

Anyways, I wish that 4chan leak was true. The roster is so great. However, no Takamaru once again proves that it's most likely fake. Once again the tired and true rule that every leak with K. Rool doesn't include Takamaru and vice versa remains unchallenged. So unfortunate.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
"Serious" characters in Smash Bros are rare, simply because Nintendo is a family company. Expecting badass, murderousness characters isn't going to get you very far. Those sort of characters are out of place among Mario, Donkey Kong etc.

We've also had a LOT of human/human-like characters as newcomers so far. I'd say we're more likely to get something that's a little different at this direct.
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Roy, Snake, Ness, Fox, Falco, Wolf are all quite serious characters. I'm sure a lot more are serious too.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
#shrekt

Anyways, I wish that 4chan leak was true. The roster is so great. However, no Takamaru once again proves that it's most likely fake. Once again the tired and true rule that every leak with K. Rool doesn't include Takamaru and vice versa remains unchallenged. So unfortunate.
I would caution against decrying a leak as fake based on the inclusion of a character not yet confirmed for SSB4. Ignoring leaks because it's just impossible that a certain character couldn't be in is how we end up rejecting the finalized roster as fake.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
#shrekt

Hopefully it's just the best indicator that all those leaks are fake. :shades:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I wouldn't want that roster mainly b/c of Chrom, I think FE's new rep HAS to be female. The females are too awesome in that game not to have one represent them.

As for the rest of the leaks:

ALL Brawl veterans- Ok with this
Mewtwo is coming back.- WANT

Newcomers:
Ridley- Ok with, but I still don't think he's in.
Isaac- Please stay an AT, I didn't want Little Mac either
King K. Rool- I'm ok with him, he's one of my top ten I guess
Andy- Don't know him that well but the game he comes from seems cool so I'd be ok with
Saki- Once again, stay an AT
Ghirahim- Don't want a Zelda newcomer but i we have to have one make it Mask Salesman or Tingle (Which both won't happen either)
Palutena- HECK YES!! Most wanted besides Micaiah
Chrom- See above. I don't want him.
Mii- No just no......
Pac-Man- Just like the Miis I don't want him at all. I rather have Prof. Layton or Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Roy, Snake, Ness, Fox, Falco, Wolf are all quite serious characters. I'm sure a lot more are serious too.
I'd only really call Samus and the FE characters serious there.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
So....
As I said before, the Killable By post is getting way too big. However, I'm not going to change anything until Tuesday after the direct. Depending on what is revealed, a lot of leaks could possibly be killed and thus free up space. If the direct ends up being a big disappointment and doesn't reveal much I'll have to start trimming things down/split the Killable By post up.

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak (#1) - Said Lucario was cut.
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.
Sesquin Leak - Stated that Spear Pillar would return, but Palkia (major stage element of Spear Pillar) has been confirmed as a pokeball Pokemon.
Gandalf69me Leak - Admitted Fake
"Somebody is Coming" Leak - See above
Cap'nChreest Leak - See above
Souta Satou Leak - Yoshi Kato's email was soutasatou@____.com (they had different claims)
Yoshi Kato Leak - See above
Sound Guy Leak - Said Diddy would be next revealed (Little Mac was revealed before)
Veteran Leak - See above
Glass Joe Leak - Said that Diddy would be revealed on February 13th.
IGN Leak (#1) - See above
Year of Yoshi Leak - Said Yoshi and Baby Mario would be revealed during the direct on February 13th
Future Leaker Leak - Admitted fake
Diddy Kong Website Leak - Diddy Kong's background color is red, not blue
Illiterate Leak (#3) - Said that a "frozen DK Isle" stage would be revealed on DKTF's US release date
Ceres Leak - Had the same IP as another Smashboards user
Suomynona Leak - See above
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak - Said Mii would be revealed in the next direct.
CrimsonDivine Leak - The source admitted to have made it up
Over-Representation Leak (#1) - Said Waluigi was playable
GaeozHero Leak - Said "Ms. Tetris" would be revealed in February
Yoshi Website Leak - Said Yoshi would be revealed on March 14th
Baby Bros Leak - The models were from Super Mario Sluggers (edited from the T position)
Revealer Leak - Said we'd be getting at least 2 characters revealed per month (March had no reveals)
NES Remix 2 Leak - Claimed that Diddy would be the next character revealed, but Little Mac was revealed next.
Tin Star Leak - Said that the Pokemon 3DS stage would be a Cafe, but the Pokemon 3DS has been revealed to be Prism Tower
Time Travel Leak - Leaker claimed to have posted a legit leak on December 4th, 2013. He posted a picture which "accurately predicted" Rosalina and Little Mac. However, he mentioned the Palutena Leak which didn't exist back in 2013
Round Cactus Leak - Provided a list of newcomers without Megaman

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
OP: http://pastebin.com/zTddsKWn
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/MazHmmzn
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
OP: http://pastebin.com/gW9q1daE
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/tfirfp3K
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
OP: http://pastebin.com/WRXmEfyU
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
OP: http://pastebin.com/cZ8qH1Dj
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Exclusion of Ridley, or Little Mac
  • Exclusion of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
  • Little Mac's home stage not being the boxing ring
  • Ridley's home stage not being Pyrosphere
OP: http://pastebin.com/mbwtK8Zt
[/COLLAPSE]
Neogaf Rumor
  • Spring not being the target release date
OP: N/A
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
OP: http://pastebin.com/767X7x6h
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
OP: http://pastebin.com/uVmHnZXC
[/COLLAPSE]
E Gadd Leak
[Collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Professor E Gadd, Tingle, and Dixie Kong (as her own character)
  • Exclusion of Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Ganondorf
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr, King Boo, Hammer Bro, Waluigi, Kat & Ana, Kamek, Cranky Kong, Midna and Wolf Link, Beedle, and Metroid assist trophies
  • Inclusion of Lakitu assist trophy
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a boss
  • Inclusion of King K Rool as anything but a stage element
  • Exclusion of Gangplank Galleon stage
OP: http://pastebin.com/EqViSATv
[/COLLAPSE]
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak
  • More or less than 59 characters in the game (including transformations)
  • More or less than 53 character slots on the roster
  • Exclusion of any Brawl Character
  • Zero Suit Samus not able to be selected at the character select screen
  • Jigglypuff not having a moveset with elements from her new Fairy type
  • Snake not being revealed in a Nintendo Direct that will announce a Metal Gear Wii U game.
  • Inclusion of Pokemon Trainer whose Pokemon do not include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Blaziken.
  • Inclusion of stamina for the Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu
  • Exclusion of a Dr. Luigi alt for Dr. Mario
  • Exclusion of Drawing Link/Young Link, Charizard/Mega Charizard X, King K Rool, RIdley, Palutena, Robin/Avatar, Little Mac, Mii, Pac-Man, or Tabuu
  • Exclusion of female alt for Robin/Avatar
  • Exclusion of Sakurai, Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie default Miis.
  • Exclusion of Shulk assist trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/SXWvG2J6
[/COLLAPSE]
Hyrule Goddesses Leak
  • Exclusion of every Brawl veteran except for Snake
  • Exclusion of Lucina, Takamaru, Little Mac, King K Rool, Palutena, Pac-Man, Galacta Knight, Hyrule Goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore), Lucina, Takamaru, and Little Mac.
  • Inclusion of another newcomer not stated in that list.
  • Exclusion of a Golden Mushroom, Love-love stick, Monado, Ice Flower, and Proto Shield items.
  • Exclusion of Another Dimension, Chaos Theatre, Popples Islands, Lightning (F-Zero), Planet Wisp, NES Pinball, and Murasame Castle stages.
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Dillon, T-Rex, Wrestler, Quick Man, Eggplant Wizard, Yveltal, Chesnaught, Floette, Doublade, Genesect, Reshiram, and Zekrom as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies.
  • Exclusion of Mii Mode (basically a regular match except with only Miis).
  • Inclusion of Mii outside of Mii Mode.
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak #2
  • Exclusion of every Brawl Veteran except for Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Snake.
  • Exclusion of Charizard (solo fighter), Pokemon Trainer (with Sylveon, Leafeon, Vaporean), Mewtwo, Takamaru, Palutena, Little Mac, Dixie Kong, Shulk, and Lucina.
  • Inclusion of any returning stage beside Pokemon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Island (not Final Destination ???)
  • Exclusion of Serperior, Reshram, Zekram, and the X and Y legendaries as pokeball pokemon.
  • Exclusion of Home-Run Contest, Break the Targets, and Events (Wii U exclusive)
[/COLLAPSE]
"ChaosZero" Leak
  • Inclusion of King K Rool and Ridley as playable characters
  • Dixie Kong being partnered with Diddy
  • Online mode without the ability to host rooms or choose what items are available
[/COLLAPSE]
Monster Hunter Leak
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Prince Sable, Palutena, Takamaru, Mii, Shulk, Monster Hunter, Slime, and Pac-Man
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer besides the ones listed above
[/COLLAPSE]
Mjardo Leak
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Prince Sable, a different retro newcomer, Lucas, and a Pokemon Trainer-like character
  • Exclusion of a Tropical Freeze stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Angry Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley
  • Exclusion of Ridley as a stage hazard (yes, he's both)
  • Inclusion of King K Rool or Geno
  • Exclusion of Sami and Primid as assist trophies
  • Exclusion of Pokemon Stadium 3, Nintendo Land, and Miiverse stages
[/COLLAPSE]
ErenJager Leak/Smash Demo in Canada Rumor
  • Megaman's final smash not being Rush Armor Upgrade and Villager's not using bees
  • Exclusion of Waluigi as an assist trophy
  • Skull Kid not being "Snorlax with a moon"\
  • Disconfirmation of the Smash Demo by Nintendo
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#1)
  • Palutena not being the next newcomer revealed
[/COLLAPSE]
E3 2014 4chan Leaker
  • Target release date not being July
  • Inclusion of cuts
  • A demo not appearing at E3 (Includes Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and Samus)
  • Official release date not being announced at E3
  • Ridley, Pac-Man, and Takamaru not being revealed at E3
  • Ridley not using his design from Other M
  • Exclusion of Mii
  • Mii being revealed at E3
  • Exclusion of unlockable costumes
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Samus costumes
  • A costume customization feature not being added
  • Exclusion of 10 different themes for stage builder
  • Snake not being revealed during a direct that a.so announces a new Metal Gear Solid title for the Wii U
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#2)
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Mii, Pac-Man, Takamaru, Prince Sable, DIxie Kong, Ghirahm, and Mewtwo.
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer not listed above.
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#3)
  • Exclusion of E Gadd and Tingle
[/COLLAPSE]
Random Username Leaker
[COLLAPSE="KIllable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Palutena, K Rool, Chrom, and Bubbles
  • Inclusion of cuts
  • Exclusion of Tiki's Tear, Medusa Head, Tempure Bomb, and Ice Flower items
  • Exclusion of Mr. Resetti, Shadow, Saki, Andross, King Hippo, King Gangrel, Tom Nook, Toadsworth, Protoman, and Duster assist trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
"Mew2King" Leak
  • Exclusion of Ridley, Ghirahim, Palutena, Mewtwo, Chrom, Funky Kong, Professor Layton, and Zitz
[/COLLAPSE]
Hanafuda Leak (#2)
  • Exclusion of Toad, Dixie Kong, Tingle, Mewtwo, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Yoshi & Baby Mario, Kamek, Tom Nook, Andy, Mii, and Hanafuda
[/COLLAPSE]
Gaxel's Friend Leak
  • Inclusion of King K Rool, Geno, and My Unit
  • Exclusion of Ridley and Chrom
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#3)
  • Exclusion of Mii, Shulk, Bandana Dee, and Prince Sable as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Richard, Tails, Yveltal, and Arceus as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies
  • Exclusion of an "X" stage, a DKC:TF stage, and a Wonderful 101 stage
  • Exclusion of Sector 4
[/COLLAPSE]
RosalinaX Leak
  • Final roster being more or less than 48 characters
  • The amount of cuts being more or less than 4
[/COLLAPSE]
Neato Fabulous Leak
[collapse="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Ray 01 and Ghrirahm (has a counter move along with 3 different costumes)
  • Exclusion of Ridley as an assist trophy
  • Yoshi, Wario, and Mr Game and Watch not being revealed before July
Note: He said that Yoshi was planned to be revealed for Yoshi's New Island, Wario for MK8, and G&W as a random. However, he also stated that dates could possibly changed and therefore cannot kill this leak.
[/collapse]
Burger Dude Leak
  • Inclusion of cuts
  • A newcomer not being revealed during a Nintendo Direct
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Ridley, Chrom, Takamaru, Shulk, and Pac-Man
  • Exclusion of Palutena as an assist trophy
Descriptions of characters can be found here: http://pastebin.com/XahD7NM1
[/collapse]
"Seems Legit" Leak
  • Exclusion of Layton, Mii, Louie (uses rock and flying pikmin), female Pokemon Trainer (male's status is unknown)
  • Exclusion of Ice Climbers, Wario, Meta Knight, and Falco
  • Exclusion of a re-designed Hammer
  • Exclusion of a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage and an Egg Island stage
Note: Says he saw Palutena, Dixie Kong, and Cranky Kong in the intro, but doesn't know their statue (these characters could possibly be like Wolf and Ridley in Melee's intro)
[/collapse]
Comparison Man Leak
  • Exclusion of any Brawl character except for Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Hawlucha, Mii (uses the user's profile Mii), Pac-Man, Waddle Dee, Palutena, Charizard, Mewtwo, Tom Nook, Prince Sable, NES Ridley, Toad, Paper Mario, Monita, a Zelda Character, and a Xenoblade character.
  • Inclusion of any other newcomer besides the ones stated above
  • Exclusion of "mix clones"
  • Pac-Man not being in his 3D form
  • Peach's special not turning into a mushroom when Toad is playing
  • Exclusion of regular Ridley as a boss
[/collapse]
Sheriff Leak
  • Exclusion of Sheriff, Ike, Mewtwo, Lucas, ROB, and Pokemon Trainer
  • Exclusion of Colony 9 (Wii U) and Rhythm Heaven (3DS) stages
  • Exclusion of a Talisman item (reduces knockback)
  • Adventure mode being different than described ("Adventure mode will feature both a side scrolling stage and subsequent boss battle for most (but not all) character franchises. The 3DS' adventure mode will be about half as long as the WiiU's.")
  • Online mode not featuring coin and stock matches
  • The 3DS version not allowing you to exchange customized characters
  • Wii U version not being released in the Fall and the 3DS version not being released during the holiday season
[/collapse]
Extremely Strange Leak
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong (solo) and the ability to pair Dixie and Diddy up
  • Exclusion of Ness and Ike in the Wii U version and Lucas and Roy in the 3DS version
  • Inclusion of Ness and Ike in the 3DS version and Lucas and Roy in the Wii U version
  • Exclusion of Marth and Ridley
  • Exclusion of a Paper Mario stage (all the characters become flat, except for Mario who becomes Paper Mario)
[/collapse]
Nintendo Direct Leak (#1)
[/collapse]
Generic Gamefaqs Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Pac-Man, Palutena, King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chibi-Robo, Ghirahm, Takamaru, and Shulk
  • Inclusion of a newcomer not listed above
  • Exclusion of any Brawl veteran
[/collapse]

[collapse="Vague Leaks"]
Just for future reference, I haven't added the extremely vague leaks, but if you would like to view them, here are the links
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-405#post-16370074 (Xplizit)
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-406#post-16370456 (Xplizit #2)
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1396712732 (Turgid)
[/collapse]
[/COLLAPSE]
Also, I was on vacation for the past week and I missed nearly 80 pages of discussion. I probably found all the leaks, but if I happened to miss on please tell me via this thread or PM.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
To this whole x character won't be unique thing, I point to Rosalina. She EASILY could have ended up as a Peach/Zelda clone, yet Sakurai took the elements of two completely different fighters (Ice Climbers and Olimar) and created something unique and new.

With that said, let's get back on topic please.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
He forgot to add Mega man on the roster.
He also forgot Shulk. But he discovered this and posted that he forgot to list Shulk and Megaman as newcomers because it was late where he was and he was doing it from memory.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Chrom is just another generic sword user from a long line of games that do average (at best) sales. If you want to stay true to the character, his only real tool is a sword, the same as Ike and Marth, and there are already 5 sword users on Brawl (3 of which at least have other tools to make them less generic). Even if every move he had was different, he still wouldn't be unique because he wouldn't do anything that isn't already done. There are only so many ways a character can slash a sword and still have a compelling moveset.
I'm pretty sure Chrom can also wield a lance as well if I recall.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard

Not sure what you're expecting, but dude it's a Nintendo game. Characters that hail from games where the tone is darker doesn't mean they'll be cut throat in a Smash Bros. You saw Snake in Brawl. He couldn't even use guns. A vicious character like Ridley (which is actually one of the reasons I think he'd be more likely as a boss and not playable character) would probably play like a lightweight Bowser since he's based on a pterodactyl and would probably have a lot of aerial based moves.

I think what you mean to say is you would prefer more villains in general?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mega Man, lighthearted? It's the game series that, accidentally or not, makes a strong case for capital punishment. If Rock had Killed Wily in 7 then the multiple apocalypses of X, Zero, ZX and Legends wouldn't have come to be.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Looks like I've hit a nerve here, and a lot of these points are pretty lame attempts at an argument. I really don't think I'm the one here getting emotional.
You do realize that Dixie has been in as many DKC games as Donkey Kong right? If anything, having the animal buddies would be most suited to her, considering that they got a lot heavier in the two DKC SNES games that she appeared in, and everything else I mentioned applies to her just as much as any other Kong. There are a ton of tools from the DK series, from games she appeared in that can be implemented in her moveset and still actually have her stay true to her character and make her unique. The same cannot be said for Chrom, well not if we're gonna be sticking to the truth here.

Every newcomer Sakurai has implemented so far has been unique. The three leaked newcomers that we know of are unique. He's not about to throw that all away just to add another character from a niche franchise.

Anyway, that's the last I'm gonna say on it. As this is the leak thread.
Hit a nerve? Nah, it's more just me finding your hypocrisy laughable. Chrom, too, has "tons of tools" from Awakening, ones that can be incorporated into an actual coherent stance-changing playstyle, but no, "he has no chance." You know who used to make such proclamations with great frequency? Your old chum dedekong from GameFAQs, about Mega Man. Are you really so eager to follow in his footsteps toward taking a cinderblock to the face from reality? You are seriously tempting fate.

@ TheTuninator TheTuninator is correct in saying that individual characters do not rule out leaks.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Why are people expecting that Smash has some kind of quota that needs to be filled beyond a historical perspective? These "More villains, more girls" thing is tiring. And even when Sakurai delivers, STILL begging. So he gives more girl fighters and people keep the hell on.

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
I was just wondering, is it even possible to try an find the Directs youtube url before its released? I saw some guy mention it before?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Technically, depending on the class, he can wield swords, axes, lances, bows, and tomes. Though it's impossible to have all of them at the same time.
Cause smash cares about canon limitations

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I was just wondering, is it even possible to try an find the Directs youtube url before its released? I saw some guy mention it before?
I did.
It's possible because the Direct is pre-recorded and then streamed from an unlisted Youtube Video, that's public once the Direct opens.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
I did.
It's possible because the Direct is pre-recorded and then streamed from an unlisted Youtube Video, that's public once the Direct opens.
@ Pacack Pacack thats what i meant.
I was gunna say someone should try an do that, but whatever, i can wait a day or two.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Cause smash cares about canon limitations
Never has in the past. If I recall, Marth doesn't have an ability called 'dancing blade'.
I'm sure there were a few other examples with FE specifically, like, there was a move that belonged to Marth's companions, and he stole it for Smash.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Technically, depending on the class, he can wield swords, axes, lances, bows, and tomes. Though it's impossible to have all of them at the same time.
Frankly, If Chrom were to be in, the only other weapon he should use is lances, as those are the weapons he can naturally use when he promotes in the conventional manner to his default promoted class.

NWRL

Smash Ace
I don't see how Dixie would play anything like Diddy.

- Hair -- How many fighters do we have that fight using their hair? Yeah. NONE.
- Bubble Gun
- Guitar
- Animal Buddies

That's just off the top of my head. Hell, she could even use the Barrel Blast barrels.

Chrom is just another generic sword user from a long line of games that do average (at best) sales. If you want to stay true to the character, his only real tool is a sword, the same as Ike and Marth, and there are already 5 sword users on Brawl (3 of which at least have other tools to make them less generic). Even if every move he had was different, he still wouldn't be unique because he wouldn't do anything that isn't already done. There are only so many ways a character can slash a sword and still have a compelling moveset.

And even if Dixie was a clone, which she wouldn't be. She's from Donkey Kong. A game series that has sold roughly 54 million games, and has appeared in huge amounts of popular culture (including The Simpsons and Futurama). DK is a gaming icon, comparing the DK franchise to Fire Emblem is laughable.

I don't see how Chrom would play anything like Marth or Ike

- Hair -- Have you seen that guys hair? Seriously
- Falcion
- Support System
- Counter

That's just off the top of my head. Hell, he could even use skills from the other classes.

Dixie is just another generic monkey from a long line of games that do average (at best) sales. If you want to stay true to the character, his only real tool is her hair, and who in the hell wants to fight with hair?. Even if every move she had was different, she still wouldn't be unique because he wouldn't do anything that isn't already done. There are only so many ways a character can be a monkey and still have a compelling moveset.

And even if Chrom was a clone, which he wouldn't be. He's from Fire Emblem. A game series that has sold roughly 100 trillion games, and has appeared in huge amounts of popular culture (including The Simpsons and Futurama). Fire Emblem is a gaming icon, comparing the Fire Emblem franchise to DK is laughable.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Let the games begin. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68967389
This has nothing to do with the direct, just some information that I picked up.
The upcoming game will feature about 10 more newcomers, and these are only the ones I know.

-Everyone from Brawl
-Mewtwo (counted as veteran)

-Mii
-Pac-Man
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Chibi-Robo
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Palutena

This brings the newcomer count up to 15. Once again this is just information that I received so don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Let the games begin. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68967389
his has nothing to do with the direct, just some information that I picked up.
The upcoming game will feature about 10 more newcomers, and these are only the ones I know.

-Everyone from Brawl

-Mii
-Pac-Man
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Chibi-Robo
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Palutena

This brings the newcomer count up to 15. Once again this is just information that I received so don't shoot the messenger.
This leak will get debunked in less than 2 days if the newcomers featured in the direct aren't on that list.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You know what? I hope Dixie, Chrom, King K. Rool, Ridley, Prince Sable, Miis, Shulk, Takamaru, Palutena, Pac-man, and Ghirahim do not get in the game at all....I hope they choose Groose over all of those characters. :yeahboi:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Never has in the past. If I recall, Marth doesn't have an ability called 'dancing blade'.
I'm sure there were a few other examples with FE specifically, like, there was a move that belonged to Marth's companions, and he stole it for Smash.
You're thinking of Ness but your point is still valid.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

-Everyone from Brawl

-Mii
-Pac-Man
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Chibi-Robo
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Palutena

Information he received? how vague can you get. It's actually a decent list of newcomers though.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I feel like his name is a play on Chaos_Zero or he is trying to mimic him. Well, his only response so far has been "
Was expecting messages like this, disappointed on lack of creativity...". Might as well throw this one in the garbage.

Update: "
Not much to say about a source. But I'm from Toronto and one of my friends was at the DK Harbourfront event, that in fact did happen. Different people had different information that he was able to piece together. Palutena is in fact playable, and not an AT. The Villager's Final Smash is associated with bees.

-

And as far as I know, these are the newcomers, there may be more, who knows. WFT is the odd rep as Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B were I suppose."

Sounds like he's riding on Eren's "leak".

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

-Everyone from Brawl

-Mii
-Pac-Man
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Chibi-Robo
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Palutena

Unless the unimaginable happens and Smash 4 gets released before June, I doubt that many characters will be shown when E3 is on the horizon.

But we'll see very soon.

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice

-Everyone from Brawl

-Mii
-Pac-Man
-King K. Rool
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Chibi-Robo
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Ghirahim
-Palutena

I was looking at this and was just about to post something about it. I'm fine with this list of Newcomers (though im sick of everybody wanting Chibi-Robo all o the sudden), but i do think this is fake.

Also am I the only one getting sick of people calling lists like this "too safe" because there arent 2 WTF characters. If you think about it in the past we Havent had 2 WTF characters, we've had 1 WTF character and a Retro newcomer, since the original game:
SSB64: WTF:Captain Falcon (Did anybody know who he even was before this game) Retro:Ness
Melee: WTF: Mr.Game and Watch Retro: Ice Climbers
Brawl: WTF: R.O.B. Retro: Pit
and then if we go off this "leak" and the comments following...
SSB4 WTF: WFT Retro:Takamaru

The only reason whjy people are expecting Takamaru/Sable Prince/Chibi-Robo and think they are too safe of picks are eacuse they are in every leak since this past winter (or earlier)

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
"Okay this is "Zeroooo0" I managed to get ahold of a parody account I made from the Naruto Storm boards before.

I do understand that. No one has to believe anything, I'm just passing on information. I'm not forcing anyone to believe anything that I have to say. People can believe, people don't have to. He could be lying, or it could be the truth.

I don't mind the roster. Although it lacks a second Sonic rep (which I was holding out for but understand it's not likely), K. Rool's in. Not a fan of Chibi-Robi, as I have no clue who that is. Takamaru, Shulk don't interest me personally. The Mii is awful IMO, but the rest even though I don't know much about them, peak my interest."

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was looking at this and was just about to post something about it. I'm fine with this list of Newcomers (though im sick of everybody wanting Chibi-Robo all o the sudden), but i do think this is fake.

Also am I the only one getting sick of people calling lists like this "too safe" because there arent 2 WTF characters. If you think about it in the past we Havent had 2 WTF characters, we've had 1 WTF character and a Retro newcomer, since the original game:
SSB64: WTF:Captain Falcon (Did anybody know who he even was before this game) Retro:Ness
Melee: WTF: Mr.Game and Watch Retro: Ice Climbers
Brawl: WTF: R.O.B. Retro: Pit
and then if we go off this "leak" and the comments following...
SSB4 WTF: WFT Retro:Takamaru

The only reason whjy people are expecting Takamaru/Sable Prince/Chibi-Robo and think they are too safe of picks are eacuse they are in every leak since this past winter (or earlier)
All your points are good, however at the time 64 was released F-Zero had a huge following after its SNES game and Mother was an ongoing series.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
All your points are good, however at the time 64 was released F-Zero had a huge following after its SNES game and Mother was an ongoing series.
I'll accept Ness as being not so much retro, but to be fair Mother 2/Earthbound was the last Mother Game to be released for many years until Mother 3 was released for GBA. Also with Captain Falcon, I guess it wasnt so much as that nobody knew who he was, but more so that they took a character from a game about racing and completely made up a moveset for him (you could make a similar argument for fox, but at the same time his made some sort of sense for the most part) and put him in a fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom