• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Mdilly's got a point. We have to control our expectation so that we don't think a chaarcter will automatically be confirmed at the Direct, just that they could/ are likely.
hmmmm ya no if i want to get disapointed that my own porogative and you two should just but out

"there are two kinds of people in this world, those who take risks and those who are dead"

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact that there is actually a leak now that cuts Meta Knight and Wario. -bangs head on desk-

You see you could say never say never because Mewtwo, but Mewtwo wasn't a heavily focused on inclusion like those two were.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The fact that there is actually a leak now that cuts Meta Knight and Wario. -bangs head on desk-

You see you could say never say never because Mewtwo, but Mewtwo wasn't a heavily focused on inclusion like those two were.
Mewtwo isn't comparable to those at all. Mewtwo was incredibly irrelevant by the time of Brawl, something that actually matters when we're talking Pokémon, wasn't as much of a veteran as Jigglypuff is, and was also a very unpopular character in Melee in general. Meta Knight and Wario are in a totally different league.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm ya no if i want to get disapointed that my own porogative and you two should just but out

"there are two kinds of people in this world, those who take risks and those who are dead"
I wasnt controlling you sicko, i was warning you. I have a right to my opinion just like you. Dont make me have to stoop down a level to legitimately argue with a 10 year old. I wasnt being rude, or at least trying to be. Sorry if i was. You sir, are rude. Calln me dead. Pfffft. I may be quiet on this forum but i dont take crap from anybody when all i did was speak truth. ~sorry. Peace.
Edit- and whos to say.. I was even talking to you @ powerprotoman powerprotoman ? I never mentioned your name. I dont even know you..

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I'll give my two cents on the subject of rumors and predictions: I'd be fine if Wario was deconfirmed, as he lost quite a bit of popularity lately...plus, Waluigi's confirmed unplayable. I wouldn't be happy for Meta Knight to be deconfirmed, as though he was really cheap in Brawl, it's not like they couldn't nerf him or change his moveset. If anything, I'd expect them to actually add a Kirby newcomer, maybe even bandana dee or something. I mean, if Luma's technically playable, it kind of makes sense.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Meta Knight shouldn't be cut because he's too tough. Also, he may not even need nerfing, because everyone seems to be getting alot stronger in necessary places. Sakurai may just make everybody super powerful, making them even. Wario, no. Nonononono that man would not be cut. This leak didn't try. It failed in being believable. I give it an

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm sorry, but a cut that cuts characters that already have content in the game related to themselves, that were popular and well recieved characters shouldn't even be considered. There's enough reasons for either to stay. In addition, this is one of those leaks, where they'll go cut happy and/or replacement happy when this game isn't about replacing, it's about balancing. They'll cut to just have a controversial leak.

On the other hand, I expect a "leak" (and by leak I mean someone found the ND URL on Youtube) detailing the events of the direct tomorrow or tuesday just before the direct. It typically happens. So if you don't wish to get spoiled, I'd avoid GameFAQs or any other big leak source the next two days. Because they'll likely have it legit.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
On the subject of cut characters. No one should be. I'm a big Toon Link fan, but if he returned and someone else was cut, then that just isn't right. Every character on Brawl brings something to the table, and every one of them has fans. None of them should be cut.

no no they dont you should stop trying to be the no fun allowed guy if they want to have expectations let them not that you could force them otherwise
He's right though. People (I think even myself to a degree) are assuming way too much. You have no idea how many times I've read "lolz Chrom's gun b announce cuz annivers derr".

Then they complain when what they expected to happen, hasn't.

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of cut characters. No one should be. I'm a big Toon Link fan, but if he returned and someone else was cut, then that just isn't right. Every character on Brawl brings something to the table, and every one of them has fans. None of them should be cut.

He's right though. People (I think even myself to a degree) are assuming way too much. You have no idea how many times I've read "lolz Chrom's gun b announce cuz annivers derr".

Then they complain when what they expected to happen, hasn't.
Exactly, people get too excited because they think theyre going to see what their expectations want them to see. Then when they dont, they start hating on sakurai. Im tired of the hate on sakurai, and frankley, everybody else with an opinion. I was just warning everybody. Do i want to see these characters? Hell yeah. Are my expectations THAT high? No.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

I like the fact that in that leak, Ashley is an AT but, Wario isn't even in the game...

Apparently a generic enemy and Hatsune Miku are more important than Meta Knight and Wario.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I like the fact that in that leak, Ashley is an AT but, Wario isn't even in the game...

Apparently a generic enemy and Hatsune Miku are more important than Meta Knight and Wario.
Some people really lack common sense.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Hey /v/

I posted a leak on Smash Bros. a few months ago (12/04/13) that is 100% legit. In that leak I revealed the characters Rosalina + Luma, Little Mac, and numerous veterans before their official announcements. I also leaked Ashley, Mother Brain, and Skull Kid AT's before they were officially revealed.

Anyway, to the good stuff: As you all know a special SSB Nintendo Direct will be airing on April 8th. I'm here to just remind you all of the roster, that I leaked and I am choosing to do it before the direct to show my authenticity. (I did this with my first leak as well, revealing the roster + AT's a day or so before Skull Kid AT was officially announced.)

Roster:
ALL Brawl veterans
Mewtwo is coming back.
Newcomers:
Ridley
Isaac
King K. Rool
Rosalina + Luma
Andy
Little Mac
Saki
Villager
Ghirahim
Palutena
Chrom
Mii
Pac-Man
Wii Fit Trainer

Some AT's:

Glass Joe
Zant
Ghosts (Pac-Man)
Kremlings
Jill
I will be bumping with a screenshot of my previous leak... and to all that may ask: no I am not too worried about losing my position.
Regardless if this is fake I would love this to be the cast. Aside from Ganon it has a good mixture of Fan favorites, and Revived old franchises.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As much as I'd love Isaac, I really don't see him happening unfortunately. Combine that with Andy, Saki, Ghirahim, Chrom and the lack of Dixie I'm more than comfortable enough to say that it's a fake.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
As much as I'd love Isaac, I really don't see him happening unfortunately. Combine that with Andy, Saki, Ghirahim, Chrom and the lack of Dixie I'm more than comfortable enough to say that it's a fake.
ThisAnvil, you are on this board too? Curse you and your Chrom hated!!!!

I'm wondering if Chrom is going to be announced this week also.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The "leak" he previously "posted" and that he posted here again to get some "credibility" states that the Palutena leak is real, however the supposed post date predates the Palutena leak. It's just a photoshop, so with that he basically killed himself.

Before 4chan automatically kills the post, this is what it says:

Hey /v/

I posted a leak on Smash Bros. a few months ago (12/04/13) that is 100% legit. In that leak I revealed the characters Rosalina + Luma, Little Mac, and numerous veterans before their official announcements. I also leaked Ashley, Mother Brain, and Skull Kid AT's before they were officially revealed.

Anyway, to the good stuff: As you all know a special SSB Nintendo Direct will be airing on April 8th. I'm here to just remind you all of the roster, that I leaked and I am choosing to do it before the direct to show my authenticity. (I did this with my first leak as well, revealing the roster + AT's a day or so before Skull Kid AT was officially announced.)

Roster:
ALL Brawl veterans
Mewtwo is coming back.
Newcomers:
Ridley
Isaac
King K. Rool
Rosalina + Luma
Andy
Little Mac
Saki
Villager
Ghirahim
Palutena
Chrom
Mii
Pac-Man
Wii Fit Trainer

Some AT's:

Glass Joe
Zant
Ghosts (Pac-Man)
Kremlings
Jill
I will be bumping with a screenshot of my previous leak... and to all that may ask: no I am not too worried about losing my position.

He posted this familiar picture in the comments to try and give himself credibility, but ended up shooting himself in the foot due to the date:

Ghirahim pretty much proves it's fake.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
ThisAnvil, you are on this board too? Curse you and your Chrom hated!!!!

I'm wondering if Chrom is going to be announced this week also.
I'm EVERYWHERE you wanna be.

Also I don't consider it hate, I'm just of the mindset that Sakurai will only add newcomers that contribute something to the game.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm EVERYWHERE you wanna be.

Also I don't consider it hate, I'm just of the mindset that Sakurai will only add newcomers that contribute something to the game.
And yet you think Dixie is a shoo-in.

As a few people have said previously, that roster is false because the maker tried to be clever and pre-date Rosalina's reveal, but screwed up by accidentally pre-dating the Palutena leak in the process.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Hmm. I'm thinking about making a seperate thread for the Killable By post. It's getting really big (and therefore really laggy) and a separate thread would be better than having to repost it every fifty pages or so.
Any objections @ BKupa666 BKupa666 ?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ghirahim pretty much proves it's fake.
Yeah...man, why do the one-shot Zelda villain characters have to be so cool and interesting and Smash-moveset-makeable, only to be...one shot Zelda villains with virtually no chance? Sigh.

I'd take Girahim, Zant, Midna+Wolf Link over any other 5th zelda rep possibility.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
And yet you think Dixie is a shoo-in.

As a few people have said previously, that roster is false because the maker tried to be clever and pre-date Rosalina's reveal, but screwed up by accidentally pre-dating the Palutena leak in the process.
DK is pretty much the most likely series to get a 3rd rep. And Dixie is the most likely.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Somehow, I feel like we'll be disappointed on tuesday.
That's what I thought before the Little Mac reveal, expecting the obvious and getting my at-the-time most wanted.

I'm keeping my expectations low, but we'll see.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DK is pretty much the most likely series to get a 3rd rep. And Dixie is the most likely.
TheAnvil said:
I'm just of the mindset that Sakurai will only add newcomers that contribute something to the game.
I have no idea how you reconcile both of those while also dismissing Chrom as having "no chance" for contributing nothing. "Diddy with a Yoshi/Fox's tail hitbox on some moves" is absolutely on the same level as "a middle ground between Marth and Ike."

@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod I'm lukewarm about the idea of a second thread. Could it work? Yes, but there are also plenty of ways we could make do with this one thread while also solving the problems you listed. Perhaps split up the Killable By post? Start up a new one, since the old one will always be accessible using the thread's Search function? Any other mods have input on this?

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod I'm lukewarm about the idea of a second thread. Could it work? Yes, but there are also plenty of ways we could make do with this one thread while also solving the problems you listed. Perhaps split up the Killable By post? Start up a new one, since the old one will always be accessible using the thread's Search function? Any other mods have input on this?
That sounds good. It would probably also be helpful to just delete the leaks in the Killable By post that are already in the OP, since it's unnecessary to have them in more than one place.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have no idea how you reconcile both of those while also dismissing Chrom as having "no chance" for contributing nothing. "Diddy with a Yoshi/Fox's tail hitbox on some moves" is absolutely on the same level as "a middle ground between Marth and Ike."
I don't see how Dixie would play anything like Diddy.

- Hair -- How many fighters do we have that fight using their hair? Yeah. NONE.
- Bubble Gun
- Guitar
- Animal Buddies

That's just off the top of my head. Hell, she could even use the Barrel Blast barrels.

Chrom is just another generic sword user from a long line of games that do average (at best) sales. If you want to stay true to the character, his only real tool is a sword, the same as Ike and Marth, and there are already 5 sword users on Brawl (3 of which at least have other tools to make them less generic). Even if every move he had was different, he still wouldn't be unique because he wouldn't do anything that isn't already done. There are only so many ways a character can slash a sword and still have a compelling moveset.

And even if Dixie was a clone, which she wouldn't be. She's from Donkey Kong. A game series that has sold roughly 54 million games, and has appeared in huge amounts of popular culture (including The Simpsons and Futurama). DK is a gaming icon, comparing the DK franchise to Fire Emblem is laughable.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Somehow, I feel like we'll be disappointed on tuesday.
Depends on the expectations. I think people that are expecting more than 1 newcomer and information on game modes and such are setting themselves up to be dissapointed woefully.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

- Bubble Gun
- Guitar
- Animal Buddies

That's just off the top of my head. Hell, she could even use the Barrel Blast barrels.

Chrom is just another generic sword user from a long line of games that do average (at best) sales. If you want to stay true to the character, his only real tool is a sword, the same as Ike and Marth, and there are already 5 sword users on Brawl (3 of which at least have other tools to make them less generic). Even if every move he had was different, he still wouldn't be unique because he wouldn't do anything that isn't already done. There are only so many ways a character can slash a sword and still have a compelling moveset.

And even if Dixie was a clone, which she wouldn't be. She's from Donkey Kong. A game series that has sold roughly 54 million games, and has appeared in huge amounts of popular culture (including The Simpsons and Futurama). DK is a gaming icon, comparing the DK franchise to Fire Emblem is laughable.
Y'know, despite wanting Chrom, I find this all to be fairly true.

Well argued. Although I do dislike the assumption and stigma around adding "more sword users" to the game, considering that Takamaru and Shulk would bring completely unique styles and mechanics with them, almost by default.

If they add Dixie, I do hope they use those parts of her character, because otherwise I share Bkupp's opinion on it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

- Bubble Gun
- Guitar
- Animal Buddies

Hair that does nothing to differentiate itself from the conical hitboxes of Yoshi/Fox's tail attacks. A pellet gun. And moves that other Kongs are far more iconic for using yet don't use, so naturally, the Kong less known for using them will get them instead...next, you're gonna be telling me she'll throw barrels and do roll attacks. If you're gonna make those sorts of stretches to pass Dixie off as unique, I'll do the same for Chrom...He can have a stance-changing mechanic. He can pair up with Lucina. That's just off the top of my head, and having actual playstyle mechanics to offer beyond "HITS YOU WITH HAIR" certainly sets him far and away above Dixie as far as uniqueness goes.

Sakurai preaches uniqueness while simultaneously adding characters like Toon Link and the WFT, who is functionally a Wire Frame. The presence of Rosalina and Mega Man don't change his inconsistency. So, while you personally would prefer Chrom to have "no chance" based on his probable blandness, he definitely still has a chance in spite of that. He's the latest lord in a series where being the latest lord matters, and Sakurai has never not given Fire Emblem as many or more characters as DK, despite DK being the much bigger series.

So yeah, those emotional arguments need to go back to GameFAQs, and leak discussion needs to go back to this thread.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Y'know, despite wanting Chrom, I find this all to be fairly true.

Well argued. Although I do dislike the assumption and stigma around adding "more sword users" to the game, considering that Takamaru and Shulk would bring completely unique styles and mechanics with them, almost by default.

If they add Dixie, I do hope they use those parts of her character, because otherwise I share Bkupp's opinion on it.
I'm not big into either of their source games, but from what I've read Shulk and Takamaru both have other tools at their disposal. Chrom doesn't, so it's not the issue that he's a sword user. It's just that he's a sword user with nothing to offer. Being teamed with another generic character would be the only way to make him even slightly unique. And we already have a duo character, so again that's not unique by default.

Hair that does nothing to differentiate itself from the conical hitboxes of Yoshi/Fox's tail attacks. A pellet gun. And moves that other Kongs are far more iconic for using yet don't use, so naturally, the Kong less known for using them will get them instead...next, you're gonna be telling me she'll throw barrels and do roll attacks. If you're gonna make those sorts of stretches to pass Dixie off as unique, I'll do the same for Chrom...He can have a stance-changing mechanic. He can pair up with Lucina. That's just off the top of my head, and having actual playstyle mechanics to offer beyond "HITS YOU WITH HAIR" certainly sets him far and away above Dixie as far as uniqueness goes.

Sakurai preaches uniqueness while simultaneously adding characters like Toon Link and the WFT, who is functionally a Wire Frame. The presence of Rosalina and Mega Man don't change his inconsistency. So, while you personally would prefer Chrom to have "no chance" based on his probable blandness, he definitely still has a chance in spite of that. He's the latest lord in a series where being the latest lord matters, and Sakurai has never not given Fire Emblem as many or more characters as DK, despite DK being the much bigger series.

So yeah, those emotional arguments need to go back to GameFAQs, and leak discussion needs to go back to this thread.
Looks like I've hit a nerve here, and a lot of these points are pretty lame attempts at an argument. I really don't think I'm the one here getting emotional.
You do realize that Dixie has been in as many DKC games as Donkey Kong right? If anything, having the animal buddies would be most suited to her, considering that they got a lot heavier in the two DKC SNES games that she appeared in, and everything else I mentioned applies to her just as much as any other Kong. There are a ton of tools from the DK series, from games she appeared in that can be implemented in her moveset and still actually have her stay true to her character and make her unique. The same cannot be said for Chrom, well not if we're gonna be sticking to the truth here.

Every newcomer Sakurai has implemented so far has been unique. The three leaked newcomers that we know of are unique. He's not about to throw that all away just to add another character from a niche franchise.

Anyway, that's the last I'm gonna say on it. As this is the leak thread.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I am very against anymore light-hearted newcomers being announced because... Villager, WFT, Rosalina and Mega Man (to an extent) are all very light-hearted. When I say 'light-hearted', I mean a character with no intention for killing, good morals, etc. Little Mac is different, he's competitive, trains to fight, dedicated, etc.

Adding the leaky three would make it even more light-hearted with Mii and Pac Man....

Chrom, he partakes in battles, duels, fights demons, etc. Ridley, he kills Samus's parents, conquers worlds, etc. King K. Rool, he wants to destroy DK's Island, etc.

This is why, I am against Dixie, Mii, Pac Man, etc and I tend to not believe that Sakurai would have such a roster where it's all characters that are so down-to-earth and have good morals. Does this mean I'm against them being added? No. I just don't want the roster to be all filled with them.

This is why I think tuesday will be the day we get to see Chrom or Ridley.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
It's a pretty bold assumption to think that someone will be unique or not just based on the surface. Yes, Chrom may appear to not be unique, and Dixie may have potential, but the fact of the matter is we can't judge characters based on what we think they can offer. I don't know about you guys, but I have learned to not judge anything based on appearance. Rosalina turned out to be extremely unique even though we all thought she would simply be a Peach clone; completely based on outward appearance. Little Mac, despite being a character who "just punches" has a moveset that reflects his game, but at the same time being rather fresh and exciting to watch based on his various super armor attacks and movement options, as well as being a "glass cannon."

So yes, Chrom may not have as much potential as Dixie as we see it, but the fact is we cannot deny his inclusion based on what we think he will play as. The truth is, FE has only seen the latest lords added along with Marth, so by continuing that pattern, Chrom has quite a good chance. Dixie has no indication of her inclusion, other than her being in DKCTF, and a criteria of every series (barring pokemon) having the main protagonist, then the sidekick/alt form, then its the villain or the femme fetale. So by that reasoning, its K Rool or Dixie (or both.) This is of course assuming that DK gets another character (which they most likely will)

Off topic, so lets talk about tuesdays direct

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom