• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
And now let's see if Toon Zelda starts appearing on leak lists again.

Has she appeared on any non-debunked ones so far?
*ssshhhh they cant know that. It needs to be an unspoken rule. otherwise they'll catch on. All that needs to happen is that everyone agrees to pretend to have some kind of desire for Phantom Zelda. We mention her in our posts. its kinda like a meme. then the noobs that look at the thread will be like. "Oh they like Phantom zelda" then her appearing will automatically debunk it. I know you know all that already. But it's going to take more than one post to convince them that we actually want her. Everyone has to do it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For reals though, the only live one she's on is the Betternet roster.

Also appears in a few dead ones but there's no mention of Phantom Zelda.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The Miss Tetris leak of now-dubious veracity said the Phantom was to Zelda as Luma is to Rosalina, which is at least somewhat plausible. May just be an assist trophy.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Other than Tin Star, the list is pretty decent. Should include Issac, Shulk, Krystal, and Masked Link for ultimate roster material.
Masked link, isn't even a thing. Yeah, it makes sense because of majora's mask, but it really just sounds like a fan's moveset wet dream. Not to mention a THIRD link, is extremely unlikely...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Can someone link me to the leak that CAW translated and what he said about it?

I can't find it for poopy.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Could Phosphora be an Assist?

If so, that would be a major coincidence with that leak, I don't think I've ever even seen her mentioned in any other one...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Don't think I've seen this one discussed yet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68845980

Hey all,

So I'm a fan of smash who had the luxury of gaining a possible piece of information about the upcoming Smash games. I've been checking out the forums for a while, and so I'm well aware this "leak" will probably be unwelcome, mostly due to the fact leaks have been coming in left right and center. Regardless, here is another one, and I happen to know it's more credible.

I happened to, in some way, be a part of the development of an "original character" for the new Smash game. In each game since Melee, they have been going into the history of Nintendo, starting with Game and Watch, then making use of R.O.B. In this one, they wanted to take it a step further and develop a character that represents the grander history of the company. This lead to the development of a character that I would like to call "Nintendroid", but this is totally what I have been calling it and I highly, HIGHLY doubt it will be the official name.

At the point of development that I saw him, he had a Nintendo Power Glove for one arm and a Nintendo Ultra Hand for the other. He has Virtual Boy for a face, he throws Hanafuda cards.

It was my understanding that he is intended to be a playable character, but I was only involved in the development of the character, and I have not been in any way a part of the game since. He might end up only being a boss of some sort, or for all I know, they totally scrapped this (although they had his character model fairly developed at this point so it's doubtful).

So that's all I know. Have fun!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I love how all these "leakers" put their super secret info almost exclusively on GameFAQs. Why there?

the second PotD shows her as a regular trophy
What I mean is, could she be an AT in addition to a regular trophy? :p

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
@ Rockaphin Rockaphin Original Smasher, do not steal

Plus the Power Glove was Mattel, not Nintendo... oops?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Don't think I've seen this one discussed yet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68845980

Hey all,

So I'm a fan of smash who had the luxury of gaining a possible piece of information about the upcoming Smash games. I've been checking out the forums for a while, and so I'm well aware this "leak" will probably be unwelcome, mostly due to the fact leaks have been coming in left right and center. Regardless, here is another one, and I happen to know it's more credible.

I happened to, in some way, be a part of the development of an "original character" for the new Smash game. In each game since Melee, they have been going into the history of Nintendo, starting with Game and Watch, then making use of R.O.B. In this one, they wanted to take it a step further and develop a character that represents the grander history of the company. This lead to the development of a character that I would like to call "Nintendroid", but this is totally what I have been calling it and I highly, HIGHLY doubt it will be the official name.

At the point of development that I saw him, he had a Nintendo Power Glove for one arm and a Nintendo Ultra Hand for the other. He has Virtual Boy for a face, he throws Hanafuda cards.

It was my understanding that he is intended to be a playable character, but I was only involved in the development of the character, and I have not been in any way a part of the game since. He might end up only being a boss of some sort, or for all I know, they totally scrapped this (although they had his character model fairly developed at this point so it's doubtful).

Interesting, but I think Hanafuda alone would represent the "grander" part of Nintendo history.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

Hey all,

So apparently were getting one of these in this game

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I love how all these "leakers" put their super secret info almost exclusively on GameFAQs. Why there?

What I mean is, could she be an AT in addition to a regular trophy? :p
Possibly, but IIRC typically if a character is shown first as a trophy that's their only role. On top of that, her being an AT would be much more interesting to show then a trophy.

That's not to say it can't be the case and he's saving that detail, but more then likely she's just a trophy until we get further information.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Cross off ANY leak that has the power glove on it. It's a third party peripheral made by Mattel NOT Nintendo. Nintendo isn't going to pay a licensing fee for a joke.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The Tin Star leak is a little iffy to me because it showed up a few days after someone jokingly suggested it. Probably by one of our many visitors! But what I admired about the leak itself is that there was nothing superfluous about it. It was just a list of characters like how I think a genuine leak would look.

And how many rumors has Anna popped up in lately? Also, recently, there were a handful of rumors about Obscure Fire Emblem Character X, Owain, with roles varying from playable to assist trophy. It's like one rumor pulls a character into the Internet's center stage and suddenly they're everywhere. These kinds of "me too" rumors aren't doing favors for their own credibility!
Nah, we were talking about the Sheriff leak then like a day later the Tin Star leak was revealed.

I don't think Tin Star was mentioned prior to the leak.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nah, we were talking about the Sheriff leak then like a day later the Tin Star leak was revealed.

I don't think Tin Star was mentioned prior to the leak.
No but the 3DS Pokemon Cafe stage was, and that has since been maybe kinda sorta debunked thanks to the Lumiose City stage we have seen. There are some people that still believe that it's possible that the Lumiose City stage travels into the cafe at points, but I think that's stretching. It's really the only reason this leak was given any consideration... well... apart from Tin Star due to the absolute randomness of such a pick.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Cross off ANY leak that has the power glove on it. It's a third party peripheral made by Mattel NOT Nintendo. Nintendo isn't going to pay a licensing fee for a joke.
But it's so bad...

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Interesting and great point. I had no idea. Thank god.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Possibly, but IIRC typically if a character is shown first as a trophy that's their only role. On top of that, her being an AT would be much more interesting to show then a trophy.

That's not to say it can't be the case and he's saving that detail, but more then likely she's just a trophy until we get further information.
Yeah, I saw that Sakurai explicitly said she's in "as a trophy" after I posted that. I think she'd make a cool Assist Trophy.

Also, I know it's far-fetched but it almost seems as if Sakurai or his team is keeping track of the fake leaks. Here, it's almost as if he's saying "Phosphora is JUST a trophy, guys!". And then of course, there's the whole Palutena statue after her pics...

R0Y

Smash Master
Through a rough Google Translate:

"The person who was sending me a message celebration "New Parutena" of the second anniversary, thank you. ...... You did not notice. Looking back then, the development of "Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU" It is a fast pace fine."

http://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/447049287604531201

Parutena is Palutena's name in Japan. Interesting to note even if it is just the 2nd anniversary of Uprising.

Last edited:

Hoots

Can Be Combative

"The person who was sending me a message celebration "New Parutena" of the second anniversary, thank you. ...... You did not notice. Looking back then, the development of "Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU" It is a fast pace fine."

Parutena is Palutena's name in Japan. Interesting to note even if it is just the 2nd anniversary of Uprising.
I think we're gonna need someone fluent (or at least semi-fluent) to make sense of that...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

The Kid Icarus series is called Palutena's Mirror in Japan, so they were sending him a message to celebrate the anniversary of the new Kid Icarus game most likely.

Last edited:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone not remember that there were like, 30 days between marth and zeldas reveals?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I saw that Sakurai explicitly said she's in "as a trophy" after I posted that. I think she'd make a cool Assist Trophy.

Also, I know it's far-fetched but it almost seems as if Sakurai or his team is keeping track of the fake leaks. Here, it's almost as if he's saying "Phosphora is JUST a trophy, guys!". And then of course, there's the whole Palutena statue after her pics...
I'd be willing to bet sakurai has a small group of people that he pays to just stalk this site for rumors and report back to him. Then he puts them all on a wheel and throws a dart and whatever it lands on he debunks with the picture. I think phospore is also an assist trophy though, it's just to coincidental

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Does anyone not remember that there were like, 30 days between marth and zeldas reveals?
40 between Rosalina and Marth

Also, realize that their is going to be secret characters, and I'm sure we will get a Pac-Man & Some other character revealed at E3, so the number of other newcomers to be shown off is going to be little to none, methinks.

The rest of the reveals with a few exceptions, will probably be veteran fighters.

Last edited:

ironicaplomb

Smash Rookie
The Kid Icarus series is called Palutena's Mirror in Japan, so they were sending him a message to celebrate the anniversary of the new Kid Icarus game most likely.
Correct. Translation: "To the person who sent me the message celebrating the 2 year anniversary of "Shin Parutena" (short for Shin Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami, or Kid Icarus Uprising), thank you. I hadn't noticed. Looking back, the development for "Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU" is proceeding at a pretty quick pace."

Not leak/rumor related but I wanted to provide clarification.

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
the second PotD shows her as a regular trophy
It could be a possibility since sakurai said both versions would have the handheld/home console preference thing on trophies and since Phosphora is from a 3ds game and it's model is from the wiiu version, I personally would like her to be an AT, or maybe it's just my anxiety of wanting to play the game already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom