• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
The "TOO SAFE" example specifically targets those two characters alone, and is thus an example of bad "leak" analysis.

It's true that, if a "leaked final roster" is basically a hodgepodge of whatever character threads are on the front page of the Character Discussion subforum, it's probably false. That being said, people don't whine about "TOO SAFE" when it's Palutena in the roster, when it's Mewtwo in the roster, when it's Chrom, Dixie, Pacman, Mii, Takamaru, or Shock Character in the roster. "TOO SAFE" is reserved entirely for Ridley and/or K. Rool, because people hate the idea that, yes, people care about those two more than their own precious "dark horses." Keep a lookout next time you see the phrase come up; more likely than not, it'll be in relation to a roster with one or both of the two reptilian villains.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I see a lot of mixed response when it comes to Ridley and K Rool. I'm not exactly one who likes the heavy characters play-wise, but they'd be nice additions with a lot of variety.

So many people discount them simply because they think they'd interfere with other character's chances or even because they don't like them. But they really shouldn't just say "not possible, because I don't want it to happen."

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
The "TOO SAFE" example specifically targets those two characters alone, and is thus an example of bad "leak" analysis.

It's true that, if a "leaked final roster" is basically a hodgepodge of whatever character threads are on the front page of the Character Discussion subforum, it's probably false. That being said, people don't whine about "TOO SAFE" when it's Palutena in the roster, when it's Mewtwo in the roster, when it's Chrom, Dixie, Pacman, Mii, Takamaru, or Shock Character in the roster. "TOO SAFE" is reserved entirely for Ridley and/or K. Rool, because people hate the idea that, yes, people care about those two more than their own precious "dark horses." Keep a lookout next time you see the phrase come up; more likely than not, it'll be in relation to a roster with one or both of the two reptilian villains.
What if we want both Rool and Ridley in the game and are upset that a talking pizza is appearing in more leaks than our magic user of choice? What then, good sir?

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one still watching the Sheriff and Tin Star leak?

They're both not wrong yet and have proven something right.
You got a link to the tin star one? I'm not looking through hundreds of pages for it lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You got a link to the tin star one? I'm not looking through hundreds of pages for it lol
Pro-Tip, if you use the search function along with whatever key terms are specific to a certain leak you're looking for (e.g. Tin Star), you'll probably find your desired "leak" with relative ease.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
I don't know if you've noticed but the OP hasn't been updated in over a month. There have been literally dozens of (almost definitely all false) leaks since the last time it was up to date.
I try really hard, okay? It doesn't help to have all of my efforts crushed by you. I'm sorry I can't be perfect like you want me to be.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
-Everyone revealed so far (duh) +
-Every remaining Brawl's veterans (except for PT) +
-Mewtwo +
Believable, but what's the deal with PT being cut?

-Newcomers:
-Ridley (I have something to explain later about this)
'Kay.

Who?

-Takamaru
-Palutena (she actually confirmed me that the leak was real)
-Isaac
Pretty cool. A friend of mine will be happy if Issac is real.

-Ouendan (rhythm cheering based attacks, has an alternate skin based upon an Elite Beat Agent)
...uh... ok?

-An original character (?)
Non-Specific Action Figure?

Stages (a few of them, not all of them)

-Some old stages come back (in both systems, not clear if the same in both or if they are different between systems)
-Among them are both Corneria and Lylat System. (Those were the only ones she specifically mentioned)
-The Wii U Fire Emblem stage is a generic one, just like in Brawl. It works the same way as in Brawl as well. (However, she mentioned that one of the featured areas is a bridge with traps in it. I am a huge Fire Emblem fan and that totally resembles the Great Bridge from PoR/RD, but she wouldn't know)
-Phazee is another Wii U Metroid stage. Aurora Unit appears in the background as stage hazard. (I asked her about Dark Samus, but she confirmed that it is an Assist Trophy)
-Regarding Pyrosphere: Other M's Ridley appears as the stage hazard. HOWEVER, the playable Ridley takes after his Super Metroid design, which is quite different. Besides, it has an alternate appearance based upon Meta Ridley
-There is a stage based upon the Subspace.
-Final Destination is back.
(When I asked her to go into detail, she said that there are actually two different versions of it)
I buy these, moreso the bolded.

Assist Trophies
-Dark Samus
-Komaytos (Kid Icarus Uprising, it is supposed to be a joke and they replace the Metroids)
-Krystal
-Lip
-Tails
-Ghirahim
-Bowser Jr.

-Primids
-She said that there are a few more but could not remember any, and that previous Assist Trophies return
All the bolded make far better choices for characters over Ouendan. >.>

Items:
-Chests (Based on Kid Icarus, they are opened when someone is nearby and can release food or items. However, sometimes they are mimicuties and attack the closer character)
-Heart Containers return and are revamped to match their Skyward Sword appearance.
-Ice Flower. (Works as Fire Flower, but with ice)
Eh, not much to say, they sound believable.

5/10. Pretty average leak, tbh. Could have been done better, imo.

The Tin Star leak is a little iffy to me because it showed up a few days after someone jokingly suggested it. Probably by one of our many visitors! But what I admired about the leak itself is that there was nothing superfluous about it. It was just a list of characters like how I think a genuine leak would look.

And how many rumors has Anna popped up in lately? Also, recently, there were a handful of rumors about Obscure Fire Emblem Character X, Owain, with roles varying from playable to assist trophy. It's like one rumor pulls a character into the Internet's center stage and suddenly they're everywhere. These kinds of "me too" rumors aren't doing favors for their own credibility!

Last edited:

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
The Tin Star leak is a little iffy to me because it showed up a few days after someone jokingly suggested it. Probably by one of our many visitors! But what I admired about the leak itself is that there was nothing superfluous about it. It was just a list of characters like how I think a genuine leak would look.

what does that leak say? ive seen people talking about it but i cant find it...

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am so worried about the betternet leak because ever time I don't believe a crappy roster it ends up being legit :(

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Other than Tin Star, the list is pretty decent. Should include Issac, Shulk, Krystal, and Masked Link for ultimate roster material.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't know if you've noticed but the OP hasn't been updated in over a month.
There have been literally dozens of (almost definitely all false) leaks since the last time it was up to date.
Kinda answered the reasoning yourself there.

There's been some issues with the first post since it was so big/wasn't mine originally, so I've been hesitant save for the disconfirmations.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
phosphora assist didnt we JUST have a leak with that!?

this leak the list in japanese that didnt distinguish between playable and assist trophies:

---Assist Trophies I'm guessing----
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
----Characters I'm guessing---
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Ah well.

We need to start getting some more character reveals soon so we can start leakbusting.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Interesting update, although this adds more credibility to the chance of shadows reveal if that picture is real. Anyway does this help or hurt the caw evolution rumor

kylexv

Smash Master
Interesting update, although this adds more credibility to the chance of shadows reveal if that picture is real. Anyway does this help or hurt the caw evolution rumor
Imagine the butthurt on smashboards if that happens.
But everyone on miiverse will rejoice.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Any "leak" that lists Pokemon Trainer as a "cut" character, or with different pokemon is instantly a write off for me.

I don't see why anyone would think that they'd cut the trainer from the highest selling pokemon games (and some of Nintendo's highest selling games ever), that uses 3 of the most iconic and universally beloved Pokemon by not only die hard Pokemon fans, but also casuals as well as people who don't even really like pokemon anymore... For a trainer from a game that meets none of the criteria.

People also seem to ignore that they just did the pokemon origins anime that focused on those starters (and the trainer himself), and in the most recent Pokemon games, the Kanto starters got more of a focus than the Kalos ones did with the mega evolutions. Including Charizard who got 2 different ones.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Any "leak" that lists Pokemon Trainer as a "cut" character, or with different pokemon is instantly a write off for me.

I don't see why anyone would think that they'd cut the trainer from the highest selling pokemon games (and some of Nintendo's highest selling games ever), that uses 3 of the most iconic and universally beloved Pokemon by not only die hard Pokemon fans, but also casuals as well as people who don't even really like pokemon anymore... For a trainer from a game that meets none of the criteria.

People also seem to ignore that they just did the pokemon origins anime that focused on those starters (and the trainer himself), and in the most recent Pokemon games, the Kanto starters got more of a focus than the Kalos ones did with the mega evolutions. Including Charizard who got 2 different ones.
I dunno. I think it's possible that PT has been cut, for the same reason that Zelda has possibly been reworked, and why we haven't yet seen ZSS: no more character transformations.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine the butthurt on smashboards if that happens.
But everyone on miiverse will rejoice.
Honestly why would anyone be against this? It's not that bad of an idea plus he's a cool character.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Also regarding the CAW Evolution leak: Imajin isn't likely unless Nintendo is willing to do some hand-shaking with Fuji TV (the original Yume Koujou event Doki Doki Panic is loosely based on was a collaboration between the two companies).

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I dunno. I think it's possible that PT has been cut, for the same reason that Zelda has possibly been reworked, and why we haven't yet seen ZSS: no more character transformations.
ZSS was drawn on the board. She's no doubt in.

And I highly doubt Sheik has been cut, especially as she's been in two games.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I realy don't get the reasoning behind this "This leak must be fake, he is using references only a smash fan would know". For example some of you wrote of the latest leak because he referenced to the size of Ridley...

I mean, if someone where to come over a real leak and share it, isn't it higlhy possible that he/she would be a smash fan? Or atleast just as likely as he/she not being aware of stuff like that at all? If I where to get a hold of a real leak myself (from a direct source so I knew it was 100% true), I would share it here and I would for sure, for example, mention Ridleys size when explaining he was playable.

Last edited:

Injusticefan14

Smash Rookie
If you start one, this goes for anyone here*, take it to a different site. It reflects badly on the SWF community.

*I won't lie, even I have thought about starting one :laugh:
I wouldn't start a leak. Adding Totodile to the newcomer list would drive people to insanity ;)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder... If I mention a random character name here what are the chances it would appear in a "leak" later?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wonder... If I mention a random character name here what are the chances it would appear in a "leak" later?
Seriously though... I'm pretty sure thats how it works... especially if you get more than one person to mention the character.

I'd believe any leak that has Ghost Zelda from Spirit tracks playable. She was the best Zelda IMO. In fact I'm pretty sure that they previewed her in that Zelda pic. She was the Phantom!
Just sayin'

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Off topic the longest we have not had a character for a month

And its a lock if we do get one in march its going to be a random character

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seriously though... I'm pretty sure thats how it works... especially if you get more than one person to mention the character.

I'd believe any leak that has Ghost Zelda from Spirit tracks playable. She was the best Zelda IMO. In fact I'm pretty sure that they previewed her in that Zelda pic. She was the Phantom!
Just sayin'
And now let's see if Toon Zelda starts appearing on leak lists again.

Has she appeared on any non-debunked ones so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom