• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
40 between Rosalina and Marth

Also, realize that their is going to be secret characters, and I'm sure we will get a Pac-Man & Some other character revealed at E3, so the number of other newcomers to be shown off is going to be little to none, methinks.

The rest of the reveals with a few exceptions, will probably be veteran fighters.
True. But my point was that people are saying this is the longest we havnt seen a veteran reaveal (20 pics)
When between martha and zelda, there were 30.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
True. But my point was that people are saying this is the longest we havnt seen a veteran reaveal (20 pics)
When between martha and zelda, there were 30.
That's why I am expecting a big newcomer early April such as shadow based on that leaked picture which seems to be holding up well right now as legit in my mind anyway.

fill

20EggsEggs
Just wondering, but where do you think Sakurai gets his character ideas from, if he were picking fan based characters. For instance on smash boards i haven't heard anyone mention anything about the Phosphora girl, but apparently on Miiverse people were talking about her, mostly on the KI Miiverse, but still, it makes me wonder if Sakurai bases his character/series following on random forums or on Miiverse since he actually posts there...anyways just an idea

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I saw some differences in the lighting between the two images, but even though it's fake, I'd say Shadow can make it in just fine.
Shadow cannot make it in just fine.
He's a third party character for an already represented franchise.
Sonic does Sonic enough justice in the Smash Bros universe.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sonic does Sonic enough justice in the Smash Bros universe.
I seriously doubt that. The Sonic franchise is the second most famous involved in Smash, and you're saying that Sakurai should continue his extremely poor representation of the Sonic franchise? That's ridiculous!

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt that. The Sonic franchise is the second famous involved in Smash, and you're saying that Sakurai should continue his extremely poor representation of the Sonic franchise? That's ridiculous!

Mario, Pokemon, and arguable Animal Crossing have done better than Sonic has in years. Sonic really is enough at this point. The fanbase is really just an echo chamber.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt that. The Sonic franchise is the second most famous involved in Smash, and you're saying that Sakurai should continue his extremely poor representation of the Sonic franchise? That's ridiculous!
No, I'm saying that Sakurai should continue his perfectly fine representation of a THIRD PARTY FRANCHISE.
You do know that Sonic is owned by Sega, right?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't know where you're getting that from but:

Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pokemon are all way more famous/iconic series' than Sonic. Kirby, Star Fox and Metroid are also easily as recognizable as the Sonic series.

And no 3rd Party company should get more than 1 character.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That's why I am expecting a big newcomer early April such as shadow based on that leaked picture which seems to be holding up well right now as legit in my mind anyway.
Why would you want Shadow? Why would you want a 3rd party character that at most would be a clone.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Second?!

Mario
Pokémon
Wii

That's the top three best selling video-game franchises of all time, and they all have characters in Smash.

Moreover Tetris got some music at it's number 7 possition!

Sonic is number 12. That makes him the fifth most famous at best! And I would still argue DK is more famous due to his history...

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Could Phosphora be an Assist?

If so, that would be a major coincidence with that leak, I don't think I've ever even seen her mentioned in any other one...
That would be cool. Too bad we don't know whether they are assist trophies or just actual trophies. No indication on each list anyways. If it's real we'll see as time goes by. If not, it's just a coincidence she's on that list.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
No, I'm saying that Sakurai should continue his perfectly fine representation of a THIRD PARTY FRANCHISE.
You do know that Sonic is owned by Sega, right?
Oh please, everyone knows that Sonic is owned by SEGA, but you are still WRONG!!! The Sonic franchise is far too famous for Sonic to be in there himself, so yes, Sakurai's representation of the Sonic franchise is absolutely horrible! It has been highly supported by Nintendo, and SEGA and Nintendo get along very well! However, I do admit that the highest number of Sonic characters we can have is 2.
Mario, Pokemon, and arguable Animal Crossing have done better than Sonic has in years.
You must not have learned about Sonic Boom coming out soon.
Sonic is number 12. That makes him the fifth most famous at best!
I'm going by history, not just recent.
Why would you want Shadow? Why would you want a 3rd party character that at most would be a clone.
im assuming that you have not played the actual game Shadow the Hedgehog.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That would be cool. Too bad we don't know whether they are assist trophies or just actual trophies. No indication on each list anyways. If it's real we'll see as time goes by. If not, it's just a coincidence she's on that list.
All Assists in Brawl had trophies (I Think?), so IF she is a Assist, she certanly has a Trophy as well. ^^ But, I do Believe this is just that, a Trophy. I feel Sakurai wouldn't just show a Trophy of her.

Plus, there are many more obvious pics for a KI Assist. ^^ Personally betting on Magnus.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi
You have been proven wrong so many times already, why even bother? You'll just make more people annoyed at you.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Has this been posted? It's by "Rave_Pimp"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68848071
really can't say where this is coming from so it's believe it or not.

- Masked Man will be playable, he will be able to fire lazers and pk energy while using his sword.

- Yveltal and Xerneas are pokéball monsters.

- Lumiose City is a stage and you'll be able to fight at the top of the tower.

- Yoshi will be different this time with some kind of new powers.

- A new Giygas stage will be available and he/it is a stage hazard.

- Dr. Eggman is an assist trophy, he uses a random machine everytime he is summoned.

- They are choosing another pokémon to mega evolve as it's final smash. Not decided yet.

- Sonic has a classic "costume".

- Dr. Mario returns as an assist trophy.

I'm not sure if it's real or not. There are a lot of dumb "I have information" topics atm. Probably a fad of some sort.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, let's give Shadow guns and a motorcycle.
The kiddies love that.
Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't do much to his chances, more like decreases them.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I'd actually say Goku has more chance of making the game than Shadow. And Goku has no chance. We just do not need another clone character, especially considering that the Sonic franchise already has one representative, the most a third party franchise has ever had, and should ever have.

And seriously, the second most famous franchise in the game? Have you played any of the other represented franchises? Sonic is nearing the bottom of the pile.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
No, they have proved absolutely nothing. Where all those people are going wrong is that I'm going by historical fame, not recent fame.

By that token we'd all be looking for a game that disregarded the past 20 years of characters, in exchange for 'historically' popular characters. And even then, Sonic doesn't match up to half of the others. As a third party, he simply doesn't deserve a second representative. A Sonic Boom update to his new look would be nice, however.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Sonic fans legitimately want 2 playable Sonic reps in a game where there is insane competition amongst dozens and dozens of Nintendo characters alone? They can't possibly be that deluded, right? ...Right?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No, they have proved absolutely nothing. Where all those people are going wrong is that I'm going by historical fame, not recent fame.
No, sorry, you have been proven wrong. The moment you try to claim that what Sakurai said means he's confirmed to not be in, was the moment you were very wrong.

However, this isn't a Only-Sonic-characters-for-Smash thread, so I will leave it at that.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
By that token we'd all be looking for a game that disregarded the past 20 years of characters, in exchange for 'historically' popular characters. And even then, Sonic doesn't match up to half of the others. As a third party, he simply doesn't deserve a second representative. A Sonic Boom update to his new look would be nice, however.
This is simply laughable. Sonic is the second most famous video game character in history. Do you even know how much Nintendo and SEGA get along? Do you even know how much support Nintendo has given Sonic? Have you even heard of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? All I'm asking you to do is to think more inept about the relationship between Nintendo! Anyway, I'm done

Otherwise, to get back on Topic, if I'm not mistaken the Paultena leak has been around for two months, so I'd say it's real. When will Sakurai reveal her anyway? My guess would be E3. Any objections?

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
What's supposed to be coming exactly?
He's just saying that because he's under the impression Palutena will be revealed as an AT soon because Phosphora was revealed today.

And please get back on topic people I don't want to see you guys get warnings.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
This is simply laughable. Sonic is the second most famous video game character in history. Do you even know how much Nintendo and SEGA get along? Do you even know how much support Nintendo has given Sonic? Have you even heard of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? All I'm asking you to do is to think more inept about the relationship between Nintendo! Anyway, I'm done

Otherwise, to get back on Topic, if I'm not mistaken the Paultena leak has been around for two months, so I'd say it's real. When will Sakurai reveal her anyway? My guess would be E3. Any objections?
I do - I also know that in the past 10 years, there have been a lot more crappy Sonic games than good. The franchise is currently shaky at best and not worthwhile of a second character when compared to consistently excellent first parties such as TLoZ, Mario, Kid Icarus and so on.

Anyway, back on topic. E3 seems believable for Palutena, though I can't help but think we'll be getting another newcomer in April.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

Have you forgotten Pikachu exists? Its like Sonic has literally destroyed your mind. This is why sticking with the fanbase post 90s is dangerous to your mind. The reason they rebooted sonic to boom is because he was becoming irrelevant in the west his main area of appeal. Japan doesn't care about him so they have to do something to keep him alive. Boom new update.

Beyond that, this isn't a Sega game. So any leaks with more than one Sonic character is a joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom