• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
and both times other characters took priority over his own sans Kirby (not to mention Marth and Roy made it into melee...) so I not sure what your point is.
[COLLAPSE="Off-Topic"]Anyone from Fire Emblem in Smash 64, I meant. The non-clone Melee newcomers had priority, yes, but his own character still had priority over others who ought to have been higher up on an objective priority list, namely Diddy and Wario, and Ganondorf too, considering he wasn't an option until clones were chosen. Granted, Melee was the Smash game where the least amount of Sakurai bias was present in the actual game (aside from maybe the sizable number of trophies), but the game was also rushed, and he's openly stated he'll "probably never make another game like Melee."[/COLLAPSE]

That "leak" falls into the same sin that the Translator and Betternet "leaks" do in that he includes precise information except for one little unknown tidbit (a "DK newcomer" in this case). And speaking of "DK newcomers," I think it's a pretty clear sign of a fake when a "leaker" has to specify that Dixie "plays NOTHING like Diddy," considering how commonly suggested the possibility of her playing like him is on Smash forums.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
If Pac-Man is in the game and getting an assist at all, it's probably going to be the ghosts (hopefully using their post-Party designs, I actually sorta like those). I don't see what the missus could possibly do that would make her unique as an assist.

Ok, first off I know a lot of you won't believe me here as clearly you have no reason to. Let me just say that I have it on good faith that the information I have received from my source is legitimate. I don't know everything there is to know, but I know a fair amount.

There's some pretty juicy stuff here.
Mewtwo is back.
No one from Brawl has been cut yet, and there are no plans to cut anyone. Although some characters are considered "lower priority" so if time becomes an issue we may see one or two cuts.
Leading on from that, Pokemon Trainer is the same as he was in Brawl.
Pac Man is playable. Ms Pac Man is an Assist Trophy.
Palutena is also playable.
Ridley is also playable. His size in the game was described as "appropriate". Whatever that means.
Dixie Kong is playable, and plays NOTHING like Diddy.
Mew is a pokeball.
Isaac will return, but again as an Assist Trophy.
Mii's are in, there is a degree of customization to them although
Takamaru will serve as the "retro" themed character for this game.

There are also several characters that are still being considered to add "late in development", one was Toad, another was another DK character (I wasn't told who) although that clearly means that both could make it in, or neither.

Several characters will be getting alternate costumes, this includes both Dr Mario and Dr Luigi.

If I receive any more information then I'll let you all know. I must stress that these aren't the only new characters, but that was all I could get out of my source for now.
  • Aware of size issues we associate with Ridley.
  • Aware of suspicion that Dixie would be a Diddy clone.
  • Makes no attempt to tell us what the Ms. Pac-Man trophy would even do.
  • Why is Mew the only Poke Ball summon he can confirm? Is it the only one he saw in gameplay? Unlikely, since Mew traditionally has a one-in-hundreds chance of appearing, and you'd probably see all the other Poke Ball summons a dozen times over before you see Mew once.
  • Does not make any attempt to elaborate on Mii customization. Apparently not creative enough to make it up for the sake of a rumor.
Verdict: Another Smash community member, probably a lurker here since I doubt anyone who posts here would be so lacking in integrity to start such a lazy rumor.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well, year of luigi is officialy over. Commence influx of "____ is playable to commemarate the yeat of ___" rumors.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If true that's a pretty good selection but I'm sure there's some holes to pick in it. And don't just say a roster is safe, people. find some hard stuff to debunk it.
I was actually going to say there was no need to mention mew, but that was brought up already. Anyway calling it know, if there is no veteran tomorrow or next week, shadow the hedgehog is being revealed in the next direct, most likely in early April.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah, there's nothing really interesting in that "leak", other than Ms. Pacman being an Assist, which would be kinda cool IMO. But I agree that the ghosts would be a better choice... unless they are part of Pacman's moveset or something.

Eh.

Verdict: Another Smash community member, probably a lurker here since I doubt anyone who posts here would be so lacking in integrity to start such a lazy rumor.
That's a pretty perfect analysis. I love it when these "leakers" so obviously show that they're part of the fandom with obvious references like Ridley, singling out Isaac or giving lengthy explanations about Mewtwo and so on.
You don't like Ike?
OH NO YOU DIDN'T! Ike is the manliest Brawler, leave him alone! :c

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, this is off-topic. Let's move this conversation elsewhere if it is to continue.
Not telling people to go the Development thread to discuss that? :c

Well at least they're obeying the rules of the thread by taking it to another site.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Ok, first off I know a lot of you won't believe me here as clearly you have no reason to. Let me just say that I have it on good faith that the information I have received from my source is legitimate. I don't know everything there is to know, but I know a fair amount.

There's some pretty juicy stuff here.
Mewtwo is back.
No one from Brawl has been cut yet, and there are no plans to cut anyone. Although some characters are considered "lower priority" so if time becomes an issue we may see one or two cuts.
Leading on from that, Pokemon Trainer is the same as he was in Brawl.
Pac Man is playable. Ms Pac Man is an Assist Trophy.
Palutena is also playable.
Ridley is also playable. His size in the game was described as "appropriate". Whatever that means.
Dixie Kong is playable, and plays NOTHING like Diddy.
Mew is a pokeball.
Isaac will return, but again as an Assist Trophy.
Mii's are in, there is a degree of customization to them although
Takamaru will serve as the "retro" themed character for this game.

There are also several characters that are still being considered to add "late in development", one was Toad, another was another DK character (I wasn't told who) although that clearly means that both could make it in, or neither.

Several characters will be getting alternate costumes, this includes both Dr Mario and Dr Luigi.

If I receive any more information then I'll let you all know. I must stress that these aren't the only new characters, but that was all I could get out of my source for now.
LeakSins
No Leak is without a sin

1. Uses "I know you won't believe me"
  2. Oh, did I forget to mention that my source is legit?
  3. He knows that Ms Pac Man is an assist trophy, but has no idea what she does.
  4. Ridley isn't too big, guyz
  5. He knows that Dixie plays nothing like Diddy, but doesn't describe any of her moves, not even a vague "she uses her hair"
  6. His source is willing to leak lots of info but won't tell who this additional DK rep is
  7. Lists 2 examples of alt costumes but not all of the "several" that he knows
  8. "If I recieve any more info I'll let you all know" translated to English means "If I get bored I'll make more bull**** up"
Total Sins: 8
Sentence: Gamefaqs LEAK HELL

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Why are we all talking about these other newcomers? We all know who is gonna be in this.

Ghirawaluridley for Smash!

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I think some of you guys are too strict with what you consider a leak worth writing off. Not that I think you're wrong in informally dismissing some of these, but some of the reasoning sounds crazy to me:

1) You write someone off if they are too vague or not vague enough
2) You write someone off if they provide information that you deem only a SMASH forum member would provide like the size of Ridley or that Dixie will play differently. Despite the fact that Ridley's size has always been the number 1 source of grief when it came to defending him being playable. Also isn't it possible that someone who does have an opportunity to receive this information is also a member of this or other forums and has a list of questions they'd want to ask?
3) He says "I know you won't believe me." He'd be right to include that if he wanted to, just because you personally think it's stupid doesn't make it so. Hell I might even put that if I posted a real true leak, just to piss some of you off because it's ridiculous that you write someone off because of a phase you don't appreciate.

I agree with a lot of your assumption about the validity of the leaks, but you're all off track and too jaded at this point. Take every leak with a grain of salt, don't write people off for such frivolous reasons.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I think some of you guys are too strict with what you consider a leak worth writing off. Not that I think you're wrong in informally dismissing some of these, but some of the reasoning sounds crazy to me:

2) You write someone off if they provide information that you deem only a SMASH forum member would provide like the size of Ridley or that Dixie will play differently. Despite the fact that Ridley's size has always been the number 1 source of grief when it came to defending him being playable. Also isn't it possible that someone who does have an opportunity to receive this information is also a member of this or other forums and has a list of questions they'd want to ask?
3) He says "I know you won't believe me." He'd be right to include that if he wanted to, just because you personally think it's stupid doesn't make it so. Hell I might even put that if I posted a real true leak, just to piss some of you off because it's ridiculous that you write someone off because of a phase you don't appreciate.

I agree with a lot of your assumption about the validity of the leaks, but you're all off track and too jaded at this point. Take every leak with a grain of salt, don't write people off for such frivolous reasons.
CinemaSins, which is what I was basing that post off of, usually marks a movie down for using cliches. "I know you won't believe me" is definitely a leak cliche.

And I wasn't discarding the leak. I'll probably end up adding it to the Killable By post in the next couple of days.
(woo 500th post btw)

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
[collapse="I'll grab the defibrillator."]
[/collapse]
isn't that just a high-res screenshot lifted from the Wii game? Presumably running on Dolphin? Just a guess though I'd go ape**** if this was true, Shulk/Xenoblade is my most wanted out of those franchises I expect to see getting rep this time around (unrelated but would love to have his Final guest the party members so we get to hear the glorious "It's Reyn time!! " :p)

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
The lack of Prof. Layton in these leaks are starting to worry me...
Leakers; put more Prof. Layton in your leaks so that I can condemn you for adding characters that are too good to be true. D:

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. Is it me or does todays pic look photoshopped? Something about diddys right arm and bowsers head looks off.... Or it could just be me.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Thank goodness no Yoshi reveal. Another leak dead. Hint for prospect leak creators: be as vague as possible and don't gamble on dates. Or better yet, don't create leaks at all since its highly deceptive behavior and generally makes me sad on the inside :sadeyes:

Anyways. with the Phantom discussion a while back, one thing that always made me believe that it most likely wouldn't be Zelda's new move in place of Sheik is that I personally can't see Sakurai destroying what made Zelda unique in the first place: being able to transform and change into a completely different character in the midst of battle. If Sakurai is truly aiming for uniqueness this time around, it seems like a big over site to me. To be fair, I'm trying argue just logic of scenario, or what I personally feel would "make the most sense". After all, cutting Mewtwo in brawl doesn't make sense yet here we are, so I won't completely rule out the possibility of Phantom being a new move.

With that said, Toon Zelda being in a Phantom armor and having a moveset based off that would actually be pretty interesting and make me less pessimistic about her.

It is true that we are harsh on leaks, but I don't believe we write them off completely. With that said, the main problem with a lot of these leaks is that they do follow many cliches to the tee, which makes me believe they're part of the fandom toying with peoples emotions. Legit leaks before usually don't follow this logic pattern; they dump their **** and leave, and aren't concerned at all with explaining why so-and-so did this and aren't referencing fandom discussions because more often then not the person leaking isn't in the position to know such details or isn't part of the fandom to even know what discussions to reference when they leak.

Hmm.. Is it me or does todays pic look photoshopped? Something about diddys right arm and bowsers head looks off.... Or it could just be me.
Smash 4 overall needs some tweaking in the graphical department...that's the price we pay for seeing models so up close from a snapshot, as more then half that stuff you wouldn't even notice during actual gameplay.

Anyways, the legit Melee and Brawl leaks: were these all leaked through Gamefaqs? Does Gamefaqs have a history of sometimes getting legit weaks? Because that's pretty depressing otherwise: gamefaqs has so much garbage leaks to shift through.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
The lack of Prof. Layton in these leaks are starting to worry me...
Leakers; put more Prof. Layton in your leaks so that I can condemn you for adding characters that are too good to be true. D:
In my opinion, Layton has at least twenty times more of a chance of getting in than Goku. Any leak with him would probably have originated from either GameFAQs or Miiverse :p

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... Diddy's got nothing on those arms. Realistically, there's no chance for Goku or Luffy. It would be cool...Layton is at least Nintendo affiliated.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

I think there's a line you have to tread when analyzing leaks and "leaks." I think some do it in this thread better than others. Sometimes, parts of a "leak" jump out as really blatantly false and people call them as such (such as "Pokemon Trainer was changed...but how he was changed, I'll never tell! Muah ha ha!"). Other times, it's "Bawwww, roster's too safe, obviously fake, next leak please!" (This, of course, is code for: contains Ridley and/or K. Rool instead of my personal favorites).

As far as the recurring phrases like "grain of salt" and whatnot go, I don't think those are too indicative of their status one way or the other. But in this case, the fact that he references specific terms and topics of discussion related to forum speculation is enough to give me significant doubt.

Last edited:

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a line you have to tread when analyzing leaks and "leaks." I think some do it in this thread better than others. Sometimes, parts of a "leak" jump out as really blatantly false and people call them as such (such as "Pokemon Trainer was changed...but how he was changed, I'll never tell! Muah ha ha!"). Other times, it's "Bawwww, roster's too safe, obviously fake, next leak please!" (This, of course, is code for: contains Ridley and/or K. Rool instead of my personal favorites).

As far as the recurring phrases like "grain of salt" and whatnot go, I don't think those are too indicative of their status one way or the other. But in this case, the fact that he references specific terms and topics of discussion related to forum speculation is enough to give me significant doubt.
It's true, most of the Ridley/K. Rool leaks are created because they make sense. If you judge a leak as false right away because it has something completely obvious, then you're (possibly) judging wrongly because it makes TOO much sense. That's the wrong way to look at it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's true, most of the Ridley/K. Rool leaks are created because they make sense. If you judge a leak as false right away because it has something completely obvious, then you're (possibly) judging wrongly because it makes TOO much sense. That's the wrong way to look at it.
The "TOO SAFE" example specifically targets those two characters alone, and is thus an example of bad "leak" analysis.

It's true that, if a "leaked final roster" is basically a hodgepodge of whatever character threads are on the front page of the Character Discussion subforum, it's probably false. That being said, people don't whine about "TOO SAFE" when it's Palutena in the roster, when it's Mewtwo in the roster, when it's Chrom, Dixie, Pacman, Mii, Takamaru, or Shock Character in the roster. "TOO SAFE" is reserved entirely for Ridley and/or K. Rool, because people hate the idea that, yes, people care about those two more than their own precious "dark horses." Keep a lookout next time you see the phrase come up; more likely than not, it'll be in relation to a roster with one or both of the two reptilian villains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom