• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Use the cards in a unique way, like maybe when placing a card down it summons a creature from the Hanafuda's artwork. Sort a Yu-Gi-Oh vibe into it.
could work i guess but ain't most of the hanafuda cards based on Mario in Nintendo decks now and we have most of those characters all ready.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Use the cards in a unique way, like maybe when placing a card down it summons a creature from the Hanafuda's artwork. Sort a Yu-Gi-Oh vibe into it.
Or because each card is a different month,

Each move would correlate to a season? Winter (ice), Summer (fire), Spring (plants) and Fall (wind?)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
could work i guess but ain't most of the hanafuda cards based on Mario in Nintendo decks now and we have most of those characters all ready.
There are Mario and Pokemon Hanafuda cards selling now today, you're right. But it could be based on the original Hanafuda deck, so something creative and original not seen from the Smash cast.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
There are Mario and Pokemon Hanafuda cards selling now today, you're right. But it could be based on the original Hanafuda deck, so something creative and original not seen from the Smash cast.
true would be interesting if i could do that i did hear there is a hanafuda game coming to the wii u eshop and a good way to try and represent Nintendo history.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
We need another leak like the Paluntena one. Do we know where it came from or who posted it? And have they been on any other time?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Ouch looks like sakurai trolled us twice

The question is now when will we get are march character or do we even get one

So far at this point we might be looking at a random character for march
I think 1 random veteran is still possible for march, though I would not rule it out that Sakurai is going to show us a small Gameplay trailer with a few veterans & maybe 1 Newcomer at the end of the trailer.

They did show us a 2nd gameplay trailer for Brawl before E3, that revealed Fox, so perhaps we could get something similair like that in April

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think 1 random veteran is still possible for march, though I would not rule it out that Sakurai is going to show us a small Gameplay trailer with a few veterans & maybe 1 Newcomer at the end of the trailer.

They did show us a 2nd gameplay trailer for Brawl before E3, that revealed Fox, so perhaps we could get something similair like that in April
I doubt we wouldn't get a character this month. We've gotten one every month so far. Why would Sakurai stop now? Even when nothing was coming out for a character, like Marth, we still got one. I'm just surprised we got NOTHING from the Game Developer's Conference :c

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I doubt we wouldn't get a character this month. We've gotten one every month so far. Why would Sakurai stop now? Even when nothing was coming out for a character, like Marth, we still got one. I'm just surprised we got NOTHING from the Game Developer's Conference :c
Well Sakurai is sometimes very hard to predict, but imo 3 weeks with no character updates comes over to me that he is going to reveal something bigger then just 1 newcomer or Veteran in an April direct.

Something like a trailer that shows the 4 missing characters from the Original 12 would be something that would generate hype, but still wouldn't reveal Sakurai's trump card characters(Ridley, Mewtwo, Palutena, Shulk,Pac Man, King. K.rool etc. are more E3 material imo)

Still this is just me speculating & we still have tomorrow & next week for a random veteran reveal

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Unless someone working in Nintendo's marketing or websites, there just can't be a leak with specific information about character reveal dates, let alone speaking about it weeks in advance.

And there's no way someone knowing a reveal date ALSO knows a bunch of details about the game. It makes no sense.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm surprised no one has come and claimed to make the Palutena leak.

*cues person claiming to make the Palutena leak

Last edited:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Lock him up and let him teach us the godly powers of Photoshop!!!

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd like to point how fake image leaks are taken down within the hours of it being revealed, while the Palutena leak has yet to have been proven false months after it's publication.

#TeamReal

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I'd like to point how fake image leaks are taken down within the hours of it being revealed, while the Palutena leak has yet to have been proven false months after it's publication.

#TeamReal
Let's just hope she's not just an Assist Trophy. I can hear the fans raging already.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

#TeamReal
To be fair.
Many of us just stopped.
Why? Cause we could care less.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been talking on the Zelda boards and it's becoming more clear that the Phantom isn't a mere assist trophy.

1. It has more detailed textures than other assist trophies
2. Even with the fingers out of shot, it clearly has a higher poly count (Those embossed patterns bro!)
3. Besides from the lack of eye glow, it exactly matches Phantoms when Zelda possesses them. Basic Phantoms aren't pink unless she's in controll.

What does it mean? Sheik replacement or an early cameo of Toon Zelda?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Let's just hope she's not just an Assist Trophy. I can hear the fans raging already.
As previously stated non-playable characters don't have outlines in the 3DS version. If the Luma isn't outlined, there's no reason for Assist Trophies to be outlined.
To be fair.
Many of us just stopped.
Why? Cause we could care less.
I imagine people stopped because they can't disprove it.

I couldn't, and I'm the leak killer dudemanguy.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I can imagine Sakurai legendary troll status if he does the opposite of the general leaks like

Ridley - Stage Hazard
Palutena - Assist Trophy
Chrom - Assist Trophy
King K. Rool - Just a regular trophy
Takamaru - Just a regular trophy
Bowser Jr. - Just a trophy
Prince Sable - Sticker
Krystal - Non-existent in Sm4sh
Geno - Non-existent in Sm4sh
Mewtwo - Pokeball
Toad - Just a shield

Imagine the sh*t-storm....

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I've been talking on the Zelda boards and it's becoming more clear that the Phantom isn't a mere assist trophy.

2. Even with the fingers out of shot, it clearly has a higher poly count (Those embossed patterns bro!)
3. Besides from the lack of eye glow, it exactly matches Phantoms when Zelda possesses them. Basic Phantoms aren't pink unless she's in controll.

Well, I don't Think it is detailed enough to actually 'be' a character' so I bet someone is controlling it. And Zelda does do a hand gesture that's different from her 'waving taunt'. So I still Believe it's part of her moveset. ^^ Can't wait to see what, exactly.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but the Betternet roster leak has 3 rows of characters with 15 characters in each row. That's a really long character select screen but also I noticed there is no spot for a random button. Perhaps it could appear in the middle at the bottom but aesthetically that seems unappealing to me.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I can imagine Sakurai legendary troll status if he does the opposite of the general leaks like

Ridley - Stage Hazard
Palutena - Assist Trophy
Chrom - Assist Trophy
King K. Rool - Just a regular trophy
Takamaru - Just a regular trophy
Bowser Jr. - Just a trophy
Prince Sable - Sticker
Krystal - Non-existent in Sm4sh
Geno - Non-existent in Sm4sh
Mewtwo - Pokeball
Toad - Just a shield

Imagine the sh*t-storm....
You know, I think I will actually fly into a rage if that's the case. Unfortunately, I think some of these WILL come to pass...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, I don't Think it is detailed enough to actually 'be' a character' so I bet someone is controlling it. And Zelda does do a hand gesture that's different from her 'waving taunt'. So I still Believe it's part of her moveset. ^^ Can't wait to see what, exactly.
And just to make sure all the evidence is on the table, she's pulling the same pose here with no Phantom.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I imagine people stopped because they can't disprove it.

I couldn't, and I'm the leak killer dudemanguy.
It's not that we couldn't.
I know I've said this somewhere else. But, for the argument...

Many gave up cause there was no point. We tried, but it ended up like talking to a brick wall.
Sure, the debate had it's time. But then next day.
And Sakurai released a Kid Icarus pic. And everyone went bonkers.
Apparently the leak became true, there was no point. Everyone just threw their hands up and said "legit".
It started getting to the point where the only counters were:
"You're grasping at straws."
"She's getting in anyway."
The list goes on.
It just got pointless. No one was changing sides.
Anything we said would just be thrown out the window faster than any leak out there.

Heck, it felt like the world was after us.
You know it's bad when an argument is just ignored even if it has a chance of being true.

So, we just gave up.
It also explains why I take it less seriously, or discourage it.
Because all it does is bring us back the circle.

It's like a cycle that never ends but gets more repetitive by the second.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
And just to make sure all the evidence is on the table, she's pulling the same pose here with no Phantom.

Oh, I know, but remember that the Phantom can easily be somewhere else. ^^ If she is actually controlling it, I bet you can walk around with it, while Zelda stays in her 'controlling' pose. ^^

PS: Peach is totally grabbing something there.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
W

Toon Zelda, new move, or a final smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the two great mysteries: one intentional, one leaked/fake.

Phantom and Palutena.

At this rate we'll end up with Bash Sisters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Or an item.

There was one guy who mentioned the possibility of the Phantom being a controllable meatshield of sorts that you gain control over by attacking its back, with its slashes replacing a few of your character's moves.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's no damn way all of those come true. Some might. If all of those came true. Who would the roster even BE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom