• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
All these leaks lately suck...Ill stick to that random leak I posted a few days ago thank you :/ Spelling errors and all
Nooo don't say that. We'll get another stupid and obviously fake leak within minutes!

On a different note, what leaks are saying we get a veteran this Thursday/Friday? And what leaks will be debunked if no one is revealed?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Guys, the sad truth may be that we'll never get a leak as good as the Palutena image again :( not until really close to the release

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
While I would like for the Yoshi rumor to be true, I really want to see G&W soon. Don't ask me why, I just want to see him revealed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Listen, I love Attack on Titan as much as the next guy. I'm actually pretty excited to see who does Erens English voice. But let's talk about leaks. But not the eren jäger leak. Or maybe this joke is flying above my head...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm amazed no one goes for some G&W leaks...I mean...its not like his model will get much shinier :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Listen, I love Attack on Titan as much as the next guy. I'm actually pretty excited to see who does Erens English voice. But let's talk about leaks. But not the eren jäger leak. Or maybe this joke is flying above my head...
I agree. Sorry for going off topic.

EDIT: I'm a Smash Lord and I still go off topic... XD

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Alright. Let's just think this out, okay? Sakurai said that Namco wouldn't receive any special consideration, not that they wouldn't receive any consideration. So think, I mean really think, about what that means. It means that Namco won't get in over other deserving third party developers. Now, Sega and Capcom already have reps, and if Konami gets another rep it will likely be Snake. So, as of now, we have 2-3 third party reps.

Still following? Good.

We are likely to get two new third party characters in Smash 4, since we got two in Brawl (we already have one in Megaman.) Not guaranteed, but there is a good chance going by what was said and what we've seen before. Now, what company could get a rep? Most likely a Japanese company, as that's where Nintendo has it's closest business ties (and also where Sakurai has the most personal relationships with developers.) Sega, Capcom, and Konami already have reps. Who does that leave? Namco, Square-Enix, and Tecmo-Koai are the names that immediately stand out. They are the next tier of Japanese developers so to speak.

Out of those companies, the one with the closest ties to Nintendo is Namco. The most logical choice for a Namco rep is Pacman, as he is the most iconic and is the company mascot. That's not being given special consideration; that's being next in line.

So, class, if we follow this discussion logically, the most likely third party new comer in Smash 4 is _______.
Nightmare.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'll just check first thing in the morning. Actually checking the PotD is the first thing I do every morning anyway so... Yay sorta kinda probably/not Yoshi? :ohwell:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The first one. I'm starting it tonight, because why not?
Please take the Attack on Titan talk to the Social thread.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Please take the Attack on Titan talk to the Social thread.
Sorry, my fault.

But yeah, not buying the Yoshi leak until we get evidence.

But I just want somebody tonight, it's been way too long.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
i would start a leak but im that desperate, I would probably start to believe it :(
If you start one, this goes for anyone here*, take it to a different site. It reflects badly on the SWF community.

*I won't lie, even I have thought about starting one :laugh:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I dunno, I can kinda feel a Yoshi reveal tomorrow. No matter what, I am fairly confident that there will be a veteran reveal tomorrow.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Alright, hi everybody. I come from the Project M forums and I've been watching this thread more closely the past few days. Still, I don't know anything about this supposed Yoshi leak. The one that has him use Baby Mario, right? Did the leak give any further details i.e. how he'd be used, or did the leaker just leave it at that?

Zynux

Smash Lord
Or potentially confirmed. Can't always be thinking negatively~
When it comes to potential Baby Mario, how can one stay positive? :p

I really don't like that Yoshi leak. What does Yoshi being "revamped" even mean? Different B attacks? Different A attacks? hwta constitutes as a "revamp" something as obvious as Bowser's treatment? But is that even a revamp? We haven't even seen many of his moves, does making a couple changes on some moves make it a revap...

Sorry to go on, but saying that Yoshi will be "revamped" doesn't mean anything. Hell, even if they did decide to be stupid and tag on baby Mario, his moves and properties could still stay the same.

EDIT:

The same guy who predicts Yoshi tonight apparently had some more 'info'.

http://i.imgur.com/iqViDW1.png

Though even if he's correct about Yoshi, I'm not sure that he's legit.
With his whole "Goofus" montage, he seems to have a knack on feeding trolls.

He gets really defensive when dealing with the hypothetical scenario of a guy claiming his leak is fake because Ridley is on it.

If he's confident his source is legit, why bother explaining why you can't post pics? In fact, why bother with the whole intro at all? Just dump what you have a leave. You don't need to validate yourself because the info you have will validate itself in the long run.

Not buying him at all...

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
The same guy who predicts Yoshi tonight apparently had some more 'info'.

http://i.imgur.com/iqViDW1.png

Though even if he's correct about Yoshi, I'm not sure that he's legit.
This doesn't make sense. Sakurai said the roster was finalized a long time ago, so why would any characters may or may not be playable. I think everything was set in stone already.

Shroob

Sup?
This doesn't make sense. Sakurai said the roster was finalized a long time ago, so why would any characters may or may not be playable. I think everything was set in stone already.
Pretty sure he means his sources aren't sure, not that the dev team isn't.

Granted, he's said too much imo, calling bull **** on this one.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Pretty sure he means his sources aren't sure, not that the dev team isn't.

Granted, he's said too much imo, calling bull **** on this one.
I agree, it sounds faulty too. All of these "sources" seem to have different information. It's crazy how one character could make or break a leak.

Shroob

Sup?
Even if Yoshi is revealed tonight, I don't think it means anything. Tonight is technically a release date in Japan, and Wario isn't the most likely candidate imo since, Warioware.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
More than anything, I think we should look at the latter half of the Yoshi rumor specifically how his moveset is revamped. If Yoshi gets revealed tonight, it doesn't mean much. That said, a total revamp is unlikely. If Yoshi gets revealed today with a bunch of screenshots showing off new moves, that I'd say at least gives the rumor a little credibility. A revamp could happen without obvious move changes though so even if he is shown with what appears to be the same moves, it doesn't mean the leak is dead it just doesn't really add credibility yet.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
There was a leak/rumor predicting a revamped Yoshi tonight.
A "leak" said so so they are desperately clinging to it.
So just a leak? Dang, I was thinking we were getting an anniversary or something tomorrow for Yoshi. Eh, I just care for Snake being revealed tomorrow, so the leak doesn't affect me much.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
"To celebrate Mario Party: Island Tour's Japanese release, here's a picture of Luigi's nose!"
:troll:
Seems just like something Sakurai would do :troll:. However, I believe a scenario where we get a pointless photo will not come about. You know how Sakurai the Troll rolls, but I don't think he would pass up the Japanese release date of Mario Party: Island Tour in Japan.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This is going to be interesting.

If that guy was more sure about Takamaru I would just be laughing and fine with it. I'm pretty sure it's totally fake though, it's another "I totally have this info but stuff stuff stuff" one.

Though it's likely Yoshi WOULD be shown tonight, or Wario, so if Yoshi is shown this whole thread is just gonna be filled with doubt. Hoo boy.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
This is going to be interesting.

If that guy was more sure about Takamaru I would just be laughing and fine with it. I'm pretty sure it's totally fake though, it's another "I totally have this info but stuff stuff stuff" one.

Though it's likely Yoshi WOULD be shown tonight, or Wario, so if Yoshi is shown this whole thread is just gonna be filled with doubt. Hoo boy.
I know what you mean. If he was sure Takamaru was in, I'd be all for this "leak".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom