• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
But Star Fox IS dead. Sakurai started KI:U as Star Fox and then switched it. Just because something starts one way and turns out another means nothing. One could argue that point and say Dragon King: The Fighting Game deserves more representation than Smash Bros because Smash Bros started out as DK:TFG. The last game Star Fox had was a remake of its best installment and before that, a game with no clear-cut ending. Command was all over the place and its ending made no sense because there were too many of them. Sm4sh's version of Fox isn't even from Command- it's a mash up of 64 and Assault. Fire Emblem on the other hand had a new release, not a remake, that sold better than anticipated. It stands a much better chance at more representation, IMO.

EDIT: Also, Sakurai =/= Nintendo. If KI:U did finish as a Star Fox game then that would be Sakurai not giving up on Star Fox, not Nintendo.
Do you guys really think Sakurai seriously sits behind his desk comparing sales figure to decide which series gets new reps? Face the facts, Star fox is the more iconic series. Fire emblem is the hottest kid on the block right now because of awakening. Not saying fire emblem, is new, it's just that it's just now getting popular globally. And don't say "DERP, FIRE EMBLEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN POPULAR", need I remind you of nearly everyone's reactions when they saw marth and roy in ssbm? They were almost nobodies in comparison to the rest of the cast. Had it not been for smash bros' exposure, the series itself would probably still be niche. Star Fox is a completely different case, it's iconic, even after all these years of being pretty much dead. the same can be said for F-zero and earthbound. Sure, it might not be what people want, but the more iconic franchises USUALLY have more reps. Just look at the mario, zelda, and pokemon franchises.
But to stay on topic, have we gotten any leaks that mention redesigned items?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Very iffy on that one. I think cuts will only happen due to time outside of possibly Snake, and it's doubtful that all the cuts are already known.

edit: just saw he replaced PT's Pokemon. Calling fake. I'm 99% sure that won't happen.
It can happen if Gamefreak wishes to promote a new Pokemon.

Disney Infinity's awesome, yes, but remember, if it's popular, Disney will do whatever it takes to get it. And it's also the Year of Sonic

Sonic, Skywalker and Spidey could be the trio of Disney buy-outs, for all we know. Also Kermit, but it's not the same without Jim Henson.

Back on topic, though.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68830769
Baby Mario. :troll:

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It can happen if Gamefreak wishes to promote a new Pokemon.
They'd rather cut Jigglypuff if that's the case, and even then I doubt they care enough to make Sakurai cut certain Pokémons, otherwise I'm sure Jigglypuff wouldn't have been in Brawl. Charizard is their big gun at the moment, both in upcoming movies and TCG, and the other two also work well since they're both obtainable in X & Y too, they'd have to be absolutely insane to cut such a big advertisement bomb.

As for the Yoshi Dare leak, I hope it isn't true since it could hint at Baby Mario. Yoshi is fine as he is for the most part, he has a few shield and recovery issues that needs to be worked out, but I don't think he needs a heavy revamp. If it's a revamp that doesn't involve Baby Mario I won't mind much though, as long as I don't need to carry that dumb baby around more than necessary.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If Nintendo buys Sega, I think SSB5 is probably gonna be called Nintendo X Sega... with Sega newcomers.
Hey! If SEGA is bought out by Nintendo, they'd be second party, and get this, the only franchise they have that would bowl over on characters would be Sonic. Nintendo doesn't have to call it Super Smash Bros SEGA or anything like that if they owned it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you guys really think Sakurai seriously sits behind his desk comparing sales figure to decide which series gets new reps? Face the facts, Star fox is the more iconic series. Fire emblem is the hottest kid on the block right now because of awakening. Not saying fire emblem, is new, it's just that it's just now getting popular globally. And don't say "DERP, FIRE EMBLEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN POPULAR", need I remind you of nearly everyone's reactions when they saw marth and roy in ssbm? They were almost nobodies in comparison to the rest of the cast. Had it not been for smash bros' exposure, the series itself would probably still be niche. Star Fox is a completely different case, it's iconic, even after all these years of being pretty much dead. the same can be said for F-zero and earthbound. Sure, it might not be what people want, but the more iconic franchises USUALLY have more reps. Just look at the mario, zelda, and pokemon franchises.
But to stay on topic, have we gotten any leaks that mention redesigned items?
Maybe not... but it seems to me that Mega Man and Little Mac were added due to sheer fan demand whereas Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina appeared in recent games (from 2006 and beyond) that sold millions.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Maybe not... but it seems to me that Mega Man and Little Mac were added due to sheer fan demand whereas Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina appeared in recent games (from 2006 and beyond) that sold millions.
An Animal Crossing rep was highly requested for a while now. Mostly Tom Nook, but I think that's due to people believing he's more iconic. I agree with the other two though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The Yoshi date leak just seems like a way for someone to maybe get a lucky guess (as he is one of two characters who can be revealed for MP:IT). Then he'll just string people along with false information after that, of course some people will believe him because he got Yoshi right.

I could do the same with Wario, but I'm not a douche.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno...

I have a feeling we should watch this one.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So they can't have sold millions and had something else going for them? I know that's not really what you're saying, but it seems to me that we focus on the aspect that is more global whenever it's the case that we're not as big a fans of the reason that might be most significant.

For example, Rosalina and Villager (in a way) are popular, so it's not like sales is the only thing they have going for them. Wii Fit Trainer may not exactly have a following, but Sakurai did mention how no one requested her, so it seems the case that he was quite intrigued by the prospect of adding a character that no one saw coming.

Either way, there's really no need to ever fall back on the sales argument for any of the characters on the roster. There's always something that was probably more important there.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't like the word 'revamp,' since it could mean literally anything. Bowser only got a new posture and a few new kicks, and yet he's been treated as if he's completely brand new, despite most of his moves staying the same. With Yoshi, a 'revamp' could range anywhere from him getting Baby Mario to him being able to throw the eggs he's encased foes in and aim thrown eggs behind him (like that one leak consisting entirely of veteran moveset changes detailed).

Nevertheless, at least this one will definitely be either alive or dead within 12 hours, instead of certain crappy leaks that are forcing us to wait until E3 to discover their validity. As far as "guess difficulty" goes, I'd rate this one maybe a 7 or an 8/10. It's not impossible that someone would predict Yoshi for a Mario Party reveal, but it seems like a much more obvious option to hold him off until the JP release date of one of the two major Yoshi games he's starring in.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Warning Received
That's one of the worst things I've ever heard to be honest.

Fire Emblem and Star Fox are incomparable. Star Fox is a globally known and beloved franchise, and with just 5 or 6 games, has sold well over double Fire Emblem combined sales figures for their 13 games. Fire Emblem does mediocre sales at best, and is the very definition of a niche franchise. It does have a fanbase, sure, and it's a loyal fanbase. But it's VERY small compared with Star Fox, and most other Nintendo IPs. There are so many games sell a million copies now, and for a Nintendo game especially that's really not impressive.

Star Fox has integrated into many forms of popular culture (including Futurama), and many of the lines from the game are still to this day quoted. And it's also worth noting that several of the games are considered the best (or at least among the best) on their respective platforms. Star Fox was revolutionary.

That's not getting into all the stuff about how all the Fire Emblem characters are pretty much exactly the same as the next, and are completely interchangeable. In all honesty, Marth was all Fire Emblem ever needed.

So no, logic would indicate that Star Fox technically deserves 4 times the number of characters that Fire Emblem does by sales figures alone.

I also laugh at anyone who says Star Fox is dead, considering KI:U initially started development as a Star Fox game, that alone is proof that Nintendo has not "given up" on the series as some people seem to suggest.
I never mentioned that I thought Star Fox is dead. I love SF it's one of my favourite series. I know KI:U was gonna be a Star Fox game, hence why I said they don't care about SF anymore cause they turned it into a series that I wish would have stayed dead.

Why would people want 2 Animal Crossing reps anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Aren't we expecting Yoshi tonight anyway? I'm expecting someone this week. Yoshi or Wario. We'll see. Whether Yoshi is revamped is just a lucky guess if he gets it right.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm going to bed early so I don't go to bed tired and pissed. And because I live in a different timezone.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not counting on this leak being true. I used to get up at like 4:00 in the morning to check pics, but ever since I started working, I can't do that anymore, it's just a waste of time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It won't be true but I'm positive we're getting a character reveal tonight, and I am so prepared to be completely wrong... again..

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I hope Yoshi is confirmed tomorrow. Eggs you can aim would be so hype for me also, so hopefully that would be included in his "revamp".

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I highly doubt the "revamp" Yoshi's getting is Baby Mario. I feel like if that were to happen, he'd be revealed in a direct. Not counting on Yoshi tonight, but I'll keep that leak in mind if we do.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys talked about this? I don't get it. http://postimg.org/image/6f56oplrh/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68832319

Translation Courtesy of CAW Evolution.
***---Assist Trophies I'm (ME, Extrain is guessing according to the original leak after translation There is a blatant space between the two list.) guessing----***
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
***----Characters I'm (ME, Extrain is guessing according to the original leak after translation) guessing---****
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if Wario has a big time game coming out soon does he? I'd lean more towards him being revealed (if anyone) for MP:IT. After all we do have MK8 too for a Wario reveal.

Yoshi does have 2 big games to release in Japan though, so I wouldn't expect him just yet.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Have you guys talked about this? I don't get it. http://postimg.org/image/6f56oplrh/

Courtesy of CAW Evolution.
---Assist Trophies I'm guessing----
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
----Characters I'm guessing---
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man

Da fuq? Imajin?

Probably fake though. Why the hell would he pick a forgotten SMB2 character.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68832319

Courtesy of CAW Evolution.
---Assist Trophies I'm guessing----
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
----Characters I'm guessing---
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man

CAW Evolution's possible predictions.

It's definitely not a leak due to "I'm guessing".

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Da fuq? Imajin?

Probably fake though. Why the hell would he pick a forgotten SMB2 character.
Who knows, every leak has that one out of the box character. Either a troll who wanted English speakers to waste time translating them, a real leak (no), or a Japanese fan who wants to mess with English fans.

CAW Evolution's possible predictions.

It's definitely not a leak due to "I'm guessing".
The "Im guessing" is not actually there. It's just the names, I added those because it's obvious which are referring to assist and which are characters. Just an obvious guess. It is just a list of characters in Japanese, with a space between the two list. Caw translated them and I just added in the "Assist/Characters i'm guessing part".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom