• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think any genuine leak wouldn't have any justifications. Sakurai lets the game-play do the talking when it comes to that.

That said the Brawl leaks would've benefited from clarifying that ROB was the original NES peripheral and not the Great Fox's support bot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm gonna say fake because why is Robin listed twice in two different languages?

(Reflet is Japanese Robin/Avatar.)

Like...what?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember, Isaac was called Robin in Japan so that could be him.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who thinks that Fire Emblem deserves equal reps to Star Fox, or more?

Like in the chance that Star Fox adds Krystal but doesn't remove Wolf I seriously think FE should get 2 reps since Nintendo actually cares about Fire Emblem.
THANK YOU. Yes. Star fox is pretty dead at this point, and fire emblem is going strong. Why does star fox have 3 fighters anyway ?

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
THANK YOU. Yes. Star fox is pretty dead at this point, and fire emblem is going strong. Why does star fox have 3 fighters anyway ?
In my opinion, StarFox does deserve at least 3 fighters. The franchise might be on hiatus nowadays, but the impact it's had on Nintendo can't be ignored. Though 3 Landmasters was a bummer in Brawl, i'd say either change things up with Wolf and Falco or replace one of them with another character from the series with a potential of a more unique moveset. (In my case, it's Krystal)

As for Fire Emblem i strongly agree it deserves 3 characters, i see no reason for the FE newcomer to replace Ike other than time constraints. Marth, Ike and Chrom are my ideal FE characters in Smash at his point. (Though if it were up to me, i'd make it Marth, Ike and Roy Q.Q)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's either Timmy or Tommy for sure. Tom Nook has yet to appear in the Animal Crossing stage's background. (And I personally don't expect him to any time soon. He's probably going to be an assist trophy or something instead.)

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
That would be cool if nook was an AT. It would at least be better than Resetti. That's not saying that much, though.
Nook could drop houses or shops on people. And then upgrade those buildings at the cost of your %

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All these rumors are so poor, and tom nook has good chances. Anyway the perfect WTF character for leaks should be one of the Trauma Doctor people from trauma center. No one would see that coming! "The people that save people are the ones that kill people."

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
In my mind a Tom Nook assist trophy would do something like hurl bell bags around.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So, a question: Do we know anything about the Betternet roster other than what's been stated in the OP?

Have any of the big name fighting game roster leakers said anything about it, in the same vein that Sal Romano's prediction was?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So just for proof, the character in the background of this rather odd Pic of the Day is indeed either Timmy or Tommy. Any leaks or rumors with Tom Nook are still active if they haven't been done in courtesy of other developments already. Timmy and Tommy pictured below for reference.

Timmy_and_Tommy.png

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I don't think the above conversation really has anything to do with leaks/rumors...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So, a question: Do we know anything about the Betternet roster other than what's been stated in the OP?

Have any of the big name fighting game roster leakers said anything about it, in the same vein that Sal Romano's prediction was?
ChaosZero, who made a couple of legit leaks around the time of Brawl's release, is endorsing it - if that means anything.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All these rumors are so poor, and tom nook has good chances. Anyway the perfect WTF character for leaks should be one of the Trauma Doctor people from trauma center. No one would see that coming! "The people that save people are the ones that kill people."
Trauma Center is Atlus, not Nintendo.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I GUESS i can deal with that. I just want Ridley and Betternet didn't have him IIRC.
Neither does the supposed PoR one. Though I personally find that one a bit suspicious. The guy who said it vanished right afterward, and since the general tone of it is "Too bad, No K. Rool or Ridey" it almost feels like it's intended to worry people.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
ChaosZero, who made a couple of legit leaks around the time of Brawl's release, is endorsing it - if that means anything.
ChaosZero has stated that he knows as little as we do about this game. He knew someone who worked on Brawl, but since development has shifted to Namco Bandai he longer has such information. So no, it doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Neither does the supposed PoR one. Though I personally find that one a bit suspicious. The guy who said it vanished right afterward, and since the general tone of it is "Too bad, No K. Rool or Ridey" it almost feels like it's intended to worry people.
I "knew of" this guy on FAQS, unless he is working with PoR to get revenge, the fact that he disappeared is pretty much invalid. He loved fighting game competitions etc. Sometimes people would ask him to participate in stuff and he would be out of town and busy. He's pretty responsible and actually has a life.

Also when did ChaosZero support the Betternet leak?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom