• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Seeing that ChaosZero knows as little as us supposedly, then his word means as much as ours. . . Which isn't much. However, if the Betternet leak turns out to be true I'll be extremely aggravated due to them cutting my two mains from the previous installment, AGAIN.

T

Trick or Treat

What was the verdict on the "Year of Yoshi"? I see the separate Yoshi section in the eShop, but that might just be a coincidence. I remember seeing a leak or two referring to the Yoshi Year, if that even matters.

Here we go with the Alfonzo jokes again. Let's try to get back on topic
I don't think the above conversation really has anything to do with leaks/rumors...

FYI, posting about getting back on topic isn't actually getting back on topic.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What was the verdict on the "Year of Yoshi"? I see the separate Yoshi section in the eShop, but that might just be a coincidence. I remember seeing a leak or two referring to the Yoshi Year, if that even matters.

FYI, posting about getting back on topic isn't actually getting back on topic.
Whatever!
As far as rumors go, I think the Year of Yoshi's been busted.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is a separate Kirby section in the eShop but no Year of Kirby...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Whatever!
As far as rumors go, I think the Year of Yoshi's been busted.
A "year of Yoshi" would likely be announced during a Nintendo Direct, and since the Directs have been bi-monthly it would make sense that it wouldn't be announced until April, especially seeing as a large part of March was still technically "the year of Luigi," If the April direct comes and goes without "year of Yoshi" I think we can consider it officially dead, but not until then.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
A "year of Yoshi" would likely be announced during a Nintendo Direct, and since the Directs have been bi-monthly it would make sense that it wouldn't be announced until April, especially seeing as a large part of March was still technically "the year of Luigi," If the April direct comes and goes without "year of Yoshi" I think we can consider it officially dead, but not until then.
Maybe, but I'm not bent on it

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Still if Nintendo buys sega it could happen.
...are there even any rumors about that? ANY indication that'll happen? Seems SUPER unlikely. ...i would love Sonic to finally be Nintendo exclusive...

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I "knew of" this guy on FAQS, unless he is working with PoR to get revenge, the fact that he disappeared is pretty much invalid. He loved fighting game competitions etc. Sometimes people would ask him to participate in stuff and he would be out of town and busy. He's pretty responsible and actually has a life.

Also when did ChaosZero support the Betternet leak?
Umm he *could* work with PoR for revenge, considering how awful GFaqs was to her, but that also doesn't nullify it's legitimacy (and Ridley possibly being stage hazard AND playable wouldn't nullify it either). Two trolling tricks for the price of one, even if fanbase spite still rubs me the wrong way.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...are there even any rumors about that? ANY indication that'll happen? Seems SUPER unlikely. ...i would love Sonic to finally be Nintendo exclusive...
I have seen a few things on it, plus that opens up another 3rd party slot and makes atlus theirs. Also sega doesn't do much and is nintendo exclusive right now so i think that leans in favor of nintendo owning them.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Still if Nintendo buys sega it could happen.
I think Disney will buy SEGA before Nintendo does.

Ever since SEGA got the most love in Wreck-it-Ralph, I always thought that, after buying a huge comic-book company, and a huge movie company, they'd go after a video game company, and with SEGA's current standing, I always thought Mickey and Sonic would lock a deal.

But if SEGA or Capcom joined Nintendo, I'd be pretty happy.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Did the third Sonic exclusive come out yet from that Worldwide partnership?
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
???

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
ChaosZero, who made a couple of legit leaks around the time of Brawl's release, is endorsing it - if that means anything.
Well, if he's somehow still credible, then I'll...deal with it. But even if he doesn't, I find it strange that he's endorsing it, especially if we know he doesn't have access to Smash information anymore.

At least Takamaru and Palutena are there I guess? Oh well, we'll know in April maybe. Definitely June.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Ever since SEGA got the most love in Wreck-it-Ralph, I always thought that, after buying a huge comic-book company, and a huge movie company, they'd go after a video game company, and with SEGA's current standing, I always thought Mickey and Sonic would lock a deal.

Doubtful. With Disney Infinity making Disney a butt load of money they have the video game market under a firm grip.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Are we still believing the 3-row roster leak?
It's bound to be wrong, I just know it.
Very iffy on that one. I think cuts will only happen due to time outside of possibly Snake, and it's doubtful that all the cuts are already known.

edit: just saw he replaced PT's Pokemon. Calling fake. I'm 99% sure that won't happen.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, if he's somehow still credible, then I'll...deal with it. But even if he doesn't, I find it strange that he's endorsing it, especially if we know he doesn't have access to Smash information anymore.

At least Takamaru and Palutena are there I guess? Oh well, we'll know in April maybe. Definitely June.
As said before Chaos_Zero knows nothing about the game, so even if he did like the rumor it doesn't mean it's true.

Anyway, I still don't believe the rumor, there's not a lot on it that wins me over.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who thinks that Fire Emblem deserves equal reps to Star Fox, or more?

Like in the chance that Star Fox adds Krystal but doesn't remove Wolf I seriously think FE should get 2 reps since Nintendo actually cares about Fire Emblem.
That's one of the worst things I've ever heard to be honest.

Fire Emblem and Star Fox are incomparable. Star Fox is a globally known and beloved franchise, and with just 5 or 6 games, has sold well over double Fire Emblem combined sales figures for their 13 games. Fire Emblem does mediocre sales at best, and is the very definition of a niche franchise. It does have a fanbase, sure, and it's a loyal fanbase. But it's VERY small compared with Star Fox, and most other Nintendo IPs. There are so many games sell a million copies now, and for a Nintendo game especially that's really not impressive.

Star Fox has integrated into many forms of popular culture (including Futurama), and many of the lines from the game are still to this day quoted. And it's also worth noting that several of the games are considered the best (or at least among the best) on their respective platforms. Star Fox was revolutionary.

That's not getting into all the stuff about how all the Fire Emblem characters are pretty much exactly the same as the next, and are completely interchangeable. In all honesty, Marth was all Fire Emblem ever needed.

So no, logic would indicate that Star Fox technically deserves 4 times the number of characters that Fire Emblem does by sales figures alone.

I also laugh at anyone who says Star Fox is dead, considering KI:U initially started development as a Star Fox game, that alone is proof that Nintendo has not "given up" on the series as some people seem to suggest.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I completely agree. 3-row was so 2001. Brawl had a 4x9 set up. Why would Sakurai go back to 3 rows if he's ADDING to the game. It's fishy.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

SEGA is more likely to be bought out by Nintendo, Disney has no such similar business with SEGA. Nintendo might buy out SEGA, I'm not saying they will, I'm just saying they might!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Doubtful. With Disney Infinity making Disney a butt load of money they have the video game market under a firm grip.
Disney Infinity's awesome, yes, but remember, if it's popular, Disney will do whatever it takes to get it. And it's also the Year of Sonic

Sonic, Skywalker and Spidey could be the trio of Disney buy-outs, for all we know. Also Kermit, but it's not the same without Jim Henson.

Back on topic, though.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68830769

GaddGab said:
Hello, GameFAQs. I made a topic a few weeks ago featuring a bundle of new SSB4 information I had received from a source of mine, but, as is expected of a site with this 'caliber' of mods, it was quickly deleted and faded from memory.

I'm not going to repost any of this information just yet, at least not before I post this one relevant tidbit here as a test. It is the most recent tidbit my source has shared with me. Although I'm not sure of his validity since his information is mostly straightforward, this will either grant him some credibility or completely rule him out. There's no downside to me posting this, aside from the typical morons' responses of "FAYK."

Okay, here goes:

"Yoshi will be revealed Thursday this week [tonight]. He will be revamped somehow, playing differently than he has in past games."

Keep tabs on this for the next 24 hours; if revamped Yoshi does get revealed, I'll return and repost the rest of my source's earlier info. If not, I'll write my source off as fake like the rest of you and will not return."

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'm having doubts about it. To be frank, a part of me wants it to be real (with Toon Zelda being playable); on the other hand, another part of me doesn't (with Lucas being cut).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
SEGA is more likely to be bought out by Nintendo, Disney has no such similar business with SEGA. Nintendo might buy out SEGA, I'm not saying they will, I'm just saying they might!
Which means I'll finally get Alex Kidd!
I've been wanting him since forever!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Disney Infinity's awesome, yes, but remember, if it's popular, Disney will do whatever it takes to get it. And it's also the Year of Sonic

Sonic, Skywalker and Spidey could be the trio of Disney buy-outs, for all we know. Also Kermit, but it's not the same without Jim Henson.
It's worth noting, that Disney teased that Mario, Sonic and Rayman will be in Disney Infinity 2, which is pretty cool.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Back on topic, though.

The only reason I doubt that the year of sonic merits Smash is because Sakurai did not play along with the Year of Luigi.

And no, Disney has no business purchasing SEGA.

As far as the leak goes, it would be nice if it's right about Yoshi, I really want Yoshi, AND I WANT HIM NOW!!!!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So no, logic would indicate that Star Fox technically deserves 4 times the number of characters that Fire Emblem does by sales figures alone.

I also laugh at anyone who says Star Fox is dead, considering KI:U initially started development as a Star Fox game, that alone is proof that Nintendo has not "given up" on the series as some people seem to suggest.
But Star Fox IS dead. Sakurai started KI:U as Star Fox and then switched it. Just because something starts one way and turns out another means nothing. One could argue that point and say Dragon King: The Fighting Game deserves more representation than Smash Bros because Smash Bros started out as DK:TFG. The last game Star Fox had was a remake of its best installment and before that, a game with no clear-cut ending. Command was all over the place and its ending made no sense because there were too many of them. Sm4sh's version of Fox isn't even from Command- it's a mash up of 64 and Assault. Fire Emblem on the other hand had a new release, not a remake, that sold better than anticipated. It stands a much better chance at more representation, IMO.

EDIT: Also, Sakurai =/= Nintendo. If KI:U did finish as a Star Fox game then that would be Sakurai not giving up on Star Fox, not Nintendo.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Back on topic, though.

The way that leak is set up almost reminds me of the whole PokeBeach leak from X/Y days where PokeBeach just leaked three of the English Pokemon names and wouldn't post the rest of the info until after those three were confirmed (which they were). This guy here is playing it smart, though I'm inclined to believe he's only doing this because of the whole "people getting anxious over Yoshi" thing. We shall see soon enough.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
But Star Fox IS dead. Sakurai started KI:U as Star Fox and then switched it. Just because something starts one way and turns out another means nothing. One could argue that point and say Dragon King: The Fighting Game deserves more representation than Smash Bros because Smash Bros started out as DK:TFG. The last game Star Fox had was a remake of its best installment and before that, a game with no clear-cut ending. Command was all over the place and its ending made no sense because there were too many of them. Sm4sh's version of Fox isn't even from Command- it's a mash up of 64 and Assault. Fire Emblem on the other hand had a new release, not a remake, that sold better than anticipated. It stands a much better chance at more representation, IMO.
But it isn't dead. Star Fox had a game release only 2 and a half years ago. And just because a game was changed to KI:U, it clearly means that Nintendo are still fine with making games for SF. He didn't change it because he didn't want to work with Star Fox (he's a self professed fan of SF), he changed it because he felt it would work better as a Kid Icarus game.

Also, Kid Icarus had a game after a 21 year gap. So that pretty much indicates that no Nintendo series is dead, unless Nintendo say it is (like Mother).

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I have a theory.

WHAT IF the DS titles being launched on the Wii U tie in with some DS era characters for SSB? Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Castlevania, etc.

also, WHAT IF bowser jr is being held off from being unveiled in MK8 so he can coincide with a SSB reveal? Sakurai did start collecting most wanted characters info towards the beginning of the E3 2012 announcement and bowser jr was a widely wanted character dating back to the Brawl days.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It's worth noting, that Disney teased that Mario, Sonic and Rayman will be in Disney Infinity 2, which is pretty cool.
Wait, I need a link for this! Source please! If this is true, that is going on my wishlist past Mario Kart 8, even!

I have a theory.

WHAT IF the DS titles being launched on the Wii U tie in with some DS era characters for SSB? Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Castlevania, etc.

also, WHAT IF bowser jr is being held off from being unveiled in MK8 so he can coincide with a SSB reveal? Sakurai did start collecting most wanted characters info towards the beginning of the E3 2012 announcement and bowser jr was a widely wanted character dating back to the Brawl days.
I doubt it, but it would be nice. They could also reveal veterans like that. (Star Fox, Pokemon, etc.)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wait, I need a link for this! Source please! If this is true, that is going on my wishlist past Mario Kart 8, even!

I doubt it, but it would be nice. They could also reveal veterans like that. (Star Fox, Pokemon, etc.)
This is getting way off topic now, but here's the link: http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7057

If you want to continue talking about Infinity you can drop me a PM if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom