• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Sakurai knows about the leak. Wario is revealed instead of Yoshi. "The whole leak is wrong guys" I guess the same could be said about the PrE3 leak.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai knows about the leak. Wario is revealed instead of Yoshi. "The whole leak is wrong guys" I guess the same could be said about the PrE3 leak.
Man, as long as Takamaru is actually playable I don't care if it's fake or not, so hey that's fine!

I'd wait for Friday if we're expecting a new character announcement. I think Sakurai favors Fridays for character revelations so their debut screenshot can be up all weekend for more people to see. Or should I say: their "Debu" screenshot. *giggle, snort*

I don't mean to cast any ad hominems, but that guy who is suggesting a revamped Yoshi tonight has quite the ego on him. He's taking it personally whether folks are believing him or not. Is his character in line with a genuine leakster?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd wait for Friday if we're expecting a new character announcement. I think Sakurai favors Fridays for character revelations so their debut screenshot can be up all weekend for more people to see. Or should I say: their "Debu" screenshot. *giggle, snort*

I don't mean to cast any ad hominems, but that guy who is suggesting a revamped Yoshi tonight has quite the ego on him. He's taking it personally whether folks are believing him or not. Is his character in line with a genuine leakster?
I'd agree, but Zelda was revealed on a Thursday, and I believe there were a couple others revealed on Thursdays who were featured in the Friday shot in some way.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Toon Link, Peach, Marth, and Zelda were all revealed on Thursdays, so it's possible we get someone tonight. I'm personally not counting on it though.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, I can't say I really trust that rumor, it falls into the "I'm not sure on this particular information" fallacy, which comes off as them covering themselves if something doesn't fit. If he gets Yoshi right and he's revamped to the point of notability then I'll consider to start paying attention to him, though even then I doubt it.

Last edited:

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are acting like Yoshi will be revealed tommorow, but the rumor is just going to be debunked, when the POTD is a revamped design of the party ball item returning. "Mario Party Island Tour came out today in Japan! I would like to commemorate with a picture of the new designed party ball item!"

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
You know what. Screw it. I think that guy's right about Yoshi tonight. I'm just getting a feeling. Maybe the rest of his leak is fake, but I think a Yoshi reveal will happen. Considering how pointless today's Pic of the Day was, it's almost like Sakurai's toying with us.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
You know what. Screw it. I think that guy's right about Yoshi tonight. I'm just getting a feeling. Maybe the rest of his leak is fake, but I think a Yoshi reveal will happen. Considering how pointless today's Pic of the Day was, it's almost like Sakurai's toying with us.
Toying? Tf? O h alright

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I could see Imajin being in. Mainly because I expect Sakurai to want to resurrect an old franchise, like he did with Kid Icarus. We've had all-but-forgotten characters return with an updated look in the past two Smash games. Makes sense we would get another.

I'm counting on it to be honest. So whenever I see a leak with a incredibly obscure guy on it I become interested. Imajin, Tin Star, etc etc etc

And who knows Kid Ic got a new game post smash so why couldn't anyone else? Smash is a resurrection machine

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
You guys don't recognize this clown? He's the guy who said Sakurai got half way done with Pac-Man and potentially scrapped him. He got banned on here, posted that garbage on faqs and came back again I see.

Last edited:

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I tried backtracking and couldn't find it easily, aside from Yoshi tomorrow what was the rest of the leak?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Y'all are acting like Yoshi will be revealed tommorow, but the rumor is just going to be debunked, when the POTD is a revamped design of the party ball item returning. "Mario Party Island Tour came out today in Japan! I would like to commemorate with a picture of the new designed party ball item!"
Y'know what? I can actually see this happening.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
If Nintendo buys Sega, I think SSB5 is probably gonna be called Nintendo X Sega... with Sega newcomers.
So... Sonic, NiGHTS, Skys of Arcadia character, and a Shenmue character join the battle?

I'd kinda be down with that.

EDIT: 100th post, yay!

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
So the pic of the day isn't Yoshi. That's that leak debunked, I guess.

Last edited:
Ouch. Leaksters should quit trying to predict when characters will be revealed; they aren't promotional marketers or Sakurai. It's a shame how many rumors were put down simply because they thought they could guess character updates.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, it looks like that's another leak down the drain.

Good? I guess, I almost liked that one, if only he'd been sure about Takamaru.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if they claim to know the potd it's prob fake since sakurai prob keeps that info to him self and revels what he wants on a whim

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
if they claim to know the potd it's prob fake since sakurai prob keeps that info to him self and revels what he wants on a whim
iv's always thought sakurai just goes to finish his day and goes that will do as a pic today :p. They should never predict when people are revealed because if thats wrong there go there whole "leak".

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
You guys don't recognize this clown? He's the guy who said Sakurai got half way done with Pac-Man and potentially scrapped him. He got banned on here, posted that garbage on faqs and came back again I see.
Is he the guy that said Diddy wouldn't be revealed on the 13th of February? No wonder it seemed like I read about that leak before. It's more like he tried to guess a reveal and then hope people would believe him and follow his leak.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The guy in the Yoshi 'leak' made a random guess hoping to attract attention. Sorry guys.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... Sonic, NiGHTS, Skys of Arcadia character, and a Shenmue character join the battle?

I'd kinda be down with that.

EDIT: 100th post, yay!
And characters from Streets of Rage and Wonder Boy / Monster World games. Those were some of my favorite Genesis games in my Virtual Console library.

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
Here you have it, fresh and clean from Gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68837188

Alright, so you know the drill.

I am obviously not going to spill the beans and say how I got this info other than: yes, I do have an insider source.

The thing is that, although I do trust that source (since she proved everything to me), there's so much one can be sure about so I'm not going to come out here and state everything as a fact (besides, I'm guessing everything is subject to change anyway).

Oh, and I know that there will be some people claiming to show them proof of this info. The proof I have is just what my source gave me and by showing it I would be putting her in peril. And that's not something I want to do.

So here is what I know about the game.

The full roster (at least by now)

-Everyone revealed so far (duh) +
-Every remaining Brawl's veterans (except for PT) +
-Mewtwo +

-Newcomers:
-Ridley (I have something to explain later about this)
-Anna
-Takamaru
-Palutena (she actually confirmed me that the leak was real)
-Isaac
-Ouendan (rhythm cheering based attacks, has an alternate skin based upon an Elite Beat Agent)
-An original character (?)

Stages (a few of them, not all of them)

-Some old stages come back (in both systems, not clear if the same in both or if they are different between systems)
-Among them are both Corneria and Lylat System. (Those were the only ones she specifically mentioned)
-The Wii U Fire Emblem stage is a generic one, just like in Brawl. It works the same way as in Brawl as well. (However, she mentioned that one of the featured areas is a bridge with traps in it. I am a huge Fire Emblem fan and that totally resembles the Great Bridge from PoR/RD, but she wouldn't know)
-Phazee is another Wii U Metroid stage. Aurora Unit appears in the background as stage hazard. (I asked her about Dark Samus, but she confirmed that it is an Assist Trophy)
-Regarding Pyrosphere: Other M's Ridley appears as the stage hazard. HOWEVER, the playable Ridley takes after his Super Metroid design, which is quite different. Besides, it has an alternate appearance based upon Meta Ridley
-There is a stage based upon the Subspace.
-Final Destination is back. (When I asked her to go into detail, she said that there are actually two different versions of it)

Assist Trophies
-Dark Samus
-Komaytos (Kid Icarus Uprising, it is supposed to be a joke and they replace the Metroids)
-Krystal
-Lip
-Tails
-Ghirahim
-Bowser Jr.
-Primids
-She said that there are a few more but could not remember any, and that previous Assist Trophies return

Items:
-Chests (Based on Kid Icarus, they are opened when someone is nearby and can release food or items. However, sometimes they are mimicuties and attack the closer character)
-Heart Containers return and are revamped to match their Skyward Sword appearance.
-Ice Flower. (Works as Fire Flower, but with ice)

I asked her to give me some specific details to prove me right in case they are revealed at some point, and she just told me this:
-The Smash Ball has a new sound effect when appearing now, that looks similar to when you pick up a trophy.

So there is that. There are A LOT of new stuff according to my source, but she (and myself for that matter) mostly remembers the stuff she really liked (hence the huge amount of Metroid info I guess).

Happy Smashing.

Although it is probably fake, I can't help but to feel sorry for the poor guy.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here you have it, fresh and clean from Gamefaqs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68837188

I am obviously not going to spill the beans and say how I got this info other than: yes, I do have an insider source.

The thing is that, although I do trust that source (since she proved everything to me), there's so much one can be sure about so I'm not going to come out here and state everything as a fact (besides, I'm guessing everything is subject to change anyway).

Oh, and I know that there will be some people claiming to show them proof of this info. The proof I have is just what my source gave me and by showing it I would be putting her in peril. And that's not something I want to do.

-Mewtwo +

-Newcomers:
-Anna
-Takamaru
-Isaac
-Ouendan (rhythm cheering based attacks, has an alternate skin based upon an Elite Beat Agent)

-Some old stages come back (in both systems, not clear if the same in both or if they are different between systems)
-Among them are both Corneria and Lylat System. (Those were the only ones she specifically mentioned)
-The Wii U Fire Emblem stage is a generic one, just like in Brawl. It works the same way as in Brawl as well. (However, she mentioned that one of the featured areas is a bridge with traps in it. I am a huge Fire Emblem fan and that totally resembles the Great Bridge from PoR/RD, but she wouldn't know)
-Phazee is another Wii U Metroid stage. Aurora Unit appears in the background as stage hazard. (I asked her about Dark Samus, but she confirmed that it is an Assist Trophy)
-Regarding Pyrosphere: Other M's Ridley appears as the stage hazard. HOWEVER, the playable Ridley takes after his Super Metroid design, which is quite different. Besides, it has an alternate appearance based upon Meta Ridley
-Final Destination is back. (When I asked her to go into detail, she said that there are actually two different versions of it)

Assist Trophies
-Dark Samus
-Komaytos (Kid Icarus Uprising, it is supposed to be a joke and they replace the Metroids)
-Krystal
-Lip
-Tails
-Ghirahim
-Bowser Jr.
-Primids
-She said that there are a few more but could not remember any, and that previous Assist Trophies return

Items:
-Chests (Based on Kid Icarus, they are opened when someone is nearby and can release food or items. However, sometimes they are mimicuties and attack the closer character)
-Heart Containers return and are revamped to match their Skyward Sword appearance.

I asked her to give me some specific details to prove me right in case they are revealed at some point, and she just told me this:
-The Smash Ball has a new sound effect when appearing now, that looks similar to when you pick up a trophy.

So there is that. There are A LOT of new stuff according to my source, but she (and myself for that matter) mostly remembers the stuff she really liked (hence the huge amount of Metroid info I guess).

Happy Smashing.

This is the worst leak I've ever read, just a waste of my time!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I'm glad I didn't stay up for the "Yoshi Reveal." I did get my hopes up a bit. Not for the leak, but more because we haven't had a character this month. Also, the above leak/rumor doesn't look good. I'd be upset if it were true.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

-Mewtwo +

-Newcomers:
-Anna
-Takamaru
-Isaac

Assist Trophies
-Dark Samus
-Krystal
-Lip
-Tails
-Ghirahim
-Bowser Jr.
-Primids

Items:

Happy Smashing.

Way too descriptive. I ain't buying it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ouch looks like sakurai trolled us twice

The question is now when will we get are march character or do we even get one

So far at this point we might be looking at a random character for march

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127

-Mewtwo +

-Newcomers:
-Anna
-Takamaru
-Isaac

Assist Trophies
-Dark Samus
-Krystal
-Lip
-Tails
-Ghirahim
-Bowser Jr.
-Primids

Items:

Happy Smashing.

An Original Character? .__.

And lol at those at GameFAQ, claiming fake because of Anna xD.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ignoring the fan character, he's going too much into detail. People are are putting too much effort than what it should be.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Am I the only one still watching the Sheriff and Tin Star leak?

They're both not wrong yet and have proven something right.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
The only OC character I could see Smash ever doing is Sandbag people. There's no way they're gonna take the time to construct someone specifically for this game unless they were featured in the previous ones already. I suppose primid could count as well, but lets look at the popularity. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom