• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Fake when he said Chrom is a clone of Ike...

Chrom can't learn Aether in Awakening.
Pretty sure he does. It's just not how Ike does it.

Anyway, I like the "leak" enough, but yeah. Nothing to say is real.

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
It reads like a fan request/moveset speculation, complete with spelling mistakes and a classic case of too-much-information-itis.

But I'd totally be okay with that roster. The only disappointment is the glaring lack of a certain royal reptile and the odd inclusions of Tiki and Midna. D:

EDIT: Just read through the character descriptions (especially Takamaru's), and was like YUP DIS FAKE. Stop trying to justify your inclusions.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Wait a leak in the leaks threads? Better declare this fake right away so we can get back to discussing waifus... I might be a few hundred pages behind the offtopic times though.

Regardless, could someone please post the text of the leak since it was deleted off gamefaqs? Not that it matters much since... yeah... Midna =D. Her brief moment of relevance is so far gone. Still has a better shot then Geno, which I had no idea anyone was likening to K. Rool's situation. Hilarious!

Last edited:

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
The newcomers (besides the ones we already have) were Palutena, Ridley, Takamaru, Isaac, Krystal, Chrom, Tiki, Mewtwo X&Y, and Midna. I might be forgetting someone. Also, there were two cuts, but all I can remember is Ike.

He went into a lot of detail about the reasons behind their inclusions and movesets, such as the fact that Midna is added is because the next Zelda game is apparently a sequel to Twilight Princess. Takamaru's moveset was kind of ridiculous, nothing to do with his game or character. Ridley was huge, but on all fours. Krystal rode dinosaurs and shot ice beams. Chrom was an Ike semi-clone. Mewtwo X&Y handled like Zelda/Sheik.

All in all, it screamed fan roster. Just another hoodlum claiming to be in-the-know of Sakurai's deepest thoughts.

Last edited:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
The newcomers (besides the ones we already have) were Palutena, Ridley, Takamaru, Isaac, Krystal, Chrom, Tiki, Mewtwo X&Y, and Midna. I might be forgetting someone. Also, there were two cuts, but all I can remember is Ike.

He went into a lot of detail about the reasons behind their inclusions and movesets, such as the fact that Midna is added is because the next Zelda game is apparently a sequel to Twilight Princess. Takamaru's moveset was kind of ridiculous, nothing to do with his game or character.

All in all, it screamed fan roster.
I believe Shulk and Pac-Man were included too. It just had to much detail. Would have been a bit more believable if he/she left out some paragraphs.

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
I believe Shulk and Pac-Man were included too. It just had to much detail. Would have been a bit more believable if he/she left out some paragraphs.
Every leaker has to give us reason to believe in them. Some people are just too eager and want to justify the reasons behind their madness so some poor, unsuspecting readers might take it as fact. Sigh.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Ugh, I hate when a 'leaker' tries to rationalize the decisions made in the leak. Most people that have the ability to leak potential info are not in the position to know the original designers intention behind such additions. Really destroys credibility.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So other than the pacman/mii/mac written leak, and the palutena one we havent had anything worth noting since right?

Ill wait for another visual leak, they are at least fun to pick apart compared to the hearsay written ones.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
So other than the pacman/mii/mac written leak, and the palutena one we havent had anything worth noting since right?

Ill wait for another visual leak, they are at least fun to pick apart compared to the hearsay written ones.
Yeah, it's been pretty dry since the Palutena leaks.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Just a bunch of posers trying to get people to think their fan rosters are real.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Am I the only one who thinks that Fire Emblem deserves equal reps to Star Fox, or more?

Like in the chance that Star Fox adds Krystal but doesn't remove Wolf I seriously think FE should get 2 reps since Nintendo actually cares about Fire Emblem.

Shroob

Sup?
Am I the only one who thinks that Fire Emblem deserves equal reps to Star Fox, or more?

Like in the chance that Star Fox adds Krystal but doesn't remove Wolf I seriously think FE should get 2 reps since Nintendo actually cares about Fire Emblem.
It's always puzzled me since Fire Emblem has nearly 3x the games Star Fox does, and yet Star Fox gets more reps than FE all the time.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
> Midna:joyful: insta fake

What's with all of these "leaks" having "super secret" characters? How would they get any work done with those characters if only Sakurai and his four closest friends know about them? If your going to make a leak then at least try, don't waste everyone's time.

Lol that's a joke right?

What is a leak but if anything else but to waste time until the games release?

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
...What did the leak say about Isaac :X?
If I remember correctly it said one of his specials changes which Djinn is set to him which effects how he plays. Earth makes him heavy and hard to launch after getting hit, fire adds explosions to his smash attacks, water caused the freezing effect and wind increase the height of his jumps or something along those lines.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm 95% sure this stuff is correct, it comes from a friend of mine who will definitely KNOW whether or not this stuff is true, I just can't be 100% certain they aren't just messing with me (which is entirely possible)
Sounds "entirely possible."

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
If I remember correctly it said one of his specials changes which Djinn is set to him which effects how he plays. Earth makes him heavy and hard to launch after getting hit, fire adds explosions to his smash attacks, water caused the freezing effect and wind increase the height of his jumps or something along those lines.
Sounds kinda cool but idk if Sakurai would go thru that.....I just want a legit leak that has Isaac. Lil Mac and Isaac is all i want...cmon Sakurai....

Zynux

Smash Lord
Any leak that uses the devious trick "my friend told me but I dunno he may be lying to me" is obviously trying to subdue criticism from their terribly made leaks and there's a very good chance a mediator wasn't involved. I've noticed over lurking this thread that posters in here have used it as well. I'm 95% sure that he's pulling shenanigans.

Any leak that uses the devious trick "my friend told me but I dunno he may be lying to me" is obviously trying to subdue criticism from their terribly made leaks and there's a very good chance a mediator wasn't involved. I've noticed over lurking this thread that posters in here have used it as well. I'm 95% sure that he's pulling shenanigans.
I don't know if it's happened yet in this 584 pages, but I think we should compile a list of logic problems and other things to look out for, like that. The other thing that rumors overuse is trying to explain Sakurai's thoughts as if they've read his diary or something. The first major offender to do that was Halibuton, who went on this tangent about Sakurai wanting an East-versus-West theme—as if Sak would waste time telling his lowly laborers about that.

Other flaws would include listing new characters in the order they were unveiled and then appending "unannounced" characters to the end; and excessive knowledge of past Smash games or use of Smashboardian jargon.

I'm 95% sure this stuff is correct, it comes from a friend of mine who will definitely KNOW whether or not this stuff is true, I just can't be 100% certain they aren't just messing with me (which is entirely possible).

All I've been told is SOME character stuff, nothing about stages/specific moves etc.

Characters added that weren't in Brawl:

Rosalina and Luma
Toon Zelda
Dixie Kong (completely separate character)
Mega Mewtwo Y
Palutena
Shulk
Mii
Pacman
Mega Man

Unrevealed characters that were in Brawl:

Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi (no major change from Brawl)
Ike

Characters dropped from Brawl:

Wolf

Popular characters not included:

Isaac
Ridley
Chrom (or any FE character for that matter)

This isn't an exhaustive list, there are more newcomers, and there's no reason why there aren't necessarily more dropped characters. The final roster has fewer than fifty characters, including transformations.

Go crazy, I can't really prove anything so you're welcome to flame me as much as I would flame others if I could be bothered posting much.
  • Claims this is "from a friend" to divert backlash against him to this fictitious friend.
  • He grouped Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong together because he knew they were scrapped Brawl characters.
  • He had to tell us in parentheses that Dixie is standalone because he's aware of the Diddy+Dixie speculation.
  • He had to tell us in parentheses that Yoshi isn't changed because he's aware of the Baby Mario speculation.
  • Why include Rosalina and Mega Man in the leak since we already know them? Or: Why omit Villager, WFT and Mac?
  • He's aware that Isaac, Ridley and Chrom are popular requests.
  • He uses the phrase "including transformations" when counting characters, which is an extremely common expression in any SSB community.

Sounds like a Smashboards lurker and not anyone who would have genuine info.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I...if that turns out to be not-fake, I just died of happiness. I can only hope...

And I'm gonna be honest, the only real problem I had with that leak was no Takamaru. That and the unusual (and obviously mistaken) missing Mac, WFT and Villager.

Still, it's wise to automatically discount anything that has "I heard this from my friend!" Why do people even include that? Is it so bad to be criticized if you're wrong, or are you just stupid?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom