• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Why does your actions have to indefinitely reflect and generalize the actions of others? Not everyone is out to have a quick laugh you know. It's just that after reading some of the responses that real leakers got from the brawl era, I'm a lot more attentive now.
And I'm saying it's too early to tell. All this guy gave was vague info. Very, very vague info, most of which can't be proven til post launch, and by that time, no one is going to give a damn about what he said.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Add that to the fact that it's a character file and the entire "every player" theory is thrown out the window.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up then.

Consider how Sakurai said that there are No cuts up to this point, and he doesn't plan on cutting any, its not possible to determine who will come back. I think that its a little early for him to say whos getting cut and whos not., it sounds like the only situation where cuts would happen would be time constraints, and considering the wide release window, most likely holidays this year, im pretty sure this is bogus.
Hypothetically they could be in the playtesting/tweaking phase of the game, in which case they could just be playing around with the current roster and finalizing them.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
And I'm saying it's too early to tell. All this guy gave was vague info. Very, very vague info, most of which can't be proven til post launch, and by that time, no one is going to give a damn about what he said.
Well you do have a great point there. It make's me ask, what's the point of leaking such a small amount of information (and in a Mario Kart thread of all places) ? No characters, stages, etc.

Most leakers are usually so specific on everything, it makes me view this one just a tad bit more genuine than I do others. For the lack of information, if that makes any sense...
Too be fair though, brawls stages and character amount were leaked too...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It seems like you've missed the point of why said person is getting any credibility. Yes, an older user with a premium account with over 10k post is going to get more credibility than some random anon that makes an account for the sole purpose of making a leak. He doesn't really have a reason to pull people's tails and risk getting an infraction for something so silly. I'm keeping an eye on him just like I am to the only credible leak in the OP (who is also from an older user).
I'm not missing the point I have GAF Gold, and have almost 10,000 posts, so why isn't my leak nearly as credible as theirs?

I'm just arguing the fact that just because someone has a ton of posts and a premium account doesn't mean their leak is legit.

I'm not missing the point I have GAF Gold, and have almost 10,000 posts, so why isn't my leak nearly as credible as theirs?

I'm just arguing the fact that just because someone has a ton of posts and a premium account doesn't mean their leak is legit.

How did I double post, I went to edit my post up there and this blank post showed up o_o

Last edited by a moderator:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Reactions to the "MK8 Leak"

>MARIO KART ROSTER LEAKED?!

>Hopes Dry bones isn't cut.

>Learns it's a "leak" for Smash.

It's fake to me just for being Smash related. lol

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, moved over from the other thread, my Mario Kart 8 leak roster. I cut Lucas, although I really think that would be a bad idea. I chose to cut Falco over Wolf because I feel Wolf adds more to the Roster then Falco. I also got rid of Snake and Ike. I added Porky, Chrom, and Krystal because I didn't think it made sense to lower the over all number of reps in a franchise. I thought I had added Mii, but I guess I didn't.....ah well, don't really want a playable Mii anyway.

(My ideal 48 would be this roster, by the way, would have the cuts put back in, and Lip (awww), Porky, Krystal, and probably Isaac out. Might switch up the Fire Emblem Awakening rep as well.

MK8 Leak.png

Shroob

Sup?
Considering that we don't even know 'what' characters are to be cut in that 'leak', why not Pokemon trainer? He's technically 3 in one.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Considering that we don't even know 'what' characters are to be cut in that 'leak', why not Pokemon trainer? He's technically 3 in one.
Yeah I saw someone else bring that up, and while the logic is there (I'm sure that's what Sakurai would describe the situation as) can we be sure that whoever the leaker is would report the info in that way? Most people would probably just say that PT is one character.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would imagine he counts as 1 character, but who knows, as the "leak" is super vague. The Brawl Roster is pretty well balanced, I don't think any remaining characters are really obvious cuts.

Oh I know..... Shiek and Pokemon trainer cut, replaced with Impa, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, moved over from the other thread, my Mario Kart 8 leak roster. I cut Lucas, although I really think that would be a bad idea. I chose to cut Falco over Wolf because I feel Wolf adds more to the Roster then Falco. I also got rid of Snake and Ike. I added Porky, Chrom, and Krystal because I didn't think it made sense to lower the over all number of reps in a franchise. I thought I had added Mii, but I guess I didn't.....ah well, don't really want a playable Mii anyway.

(My ideal 48 would be this roster, by the way, would have the cuts put back in, and Lip (awww), Porky, Krystal, and probably Isaac out. Might switch up the Fire Emblem Awakening rep as well.

View attachment 9689
Wait, what?
You made the leak?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
4 cuts?

If true I'm 99% certain it's some combination of Snake, Lucas, Ike, Wolf, or Pokemon Trainer.

Out of those 5 I'd say PT is the most likely to stay.

Lucas is definitely a goner though.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
4chan leak claims that Sakurai will reveal a 'gentleman' next.

Ridley confirmed.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Ridley confirmed.
The ironic part in this is leaks are not only getting questionably stranger but even more vague.
Gentleman being a very, very broad term!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I honestly have a real hard time seeing any cuts. Lucas and Wolf keep getting brought up as "obvious" cuts, but they're such unique characters.... I never liked playing as Fox or Falco, but I love Wolf.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The ironic part in this is leaks are not only getting questionably stranger but even more vague.
Gentleman being a very, very broad term!
Agreed. But, not many potential newcomers are considered gentleman, are they?

That takes out all the villains like Ridley, Hades, King K. Rool and Ghirahim.

Could be Takamaru or Chrom, I'm guessing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Granted this leak leans heavily towards roster talk to begin with, but please take your opinions on what this could possibly mean character/roster wise to the Character Discussion thread.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
4 cuts?

If true I'm 99% certain it's some combination of Snake, Lucas, Ike, Wolf, or Pokemon Trainer.

Out of those 5 I'd say PT is the most likely to stay.

Lucas is definitely a goner though.
Honestly I would agree with you, but as soon as Toon Link was revealed I couldn't make up my mind who would be cut. I thought he was the definite cut from Brawl. :surprised:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Have you forgotten about professor layton. Anyway the translator leak is definitely fake since they came back and now it's a q an a, plus the fact they need to bring up how they won't take pictures of themselves as proof makes it sound fake because who honestly care what she or even he looks like if they are lieing for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member

And then it turns out he's using the term gentleman ironically and we're going to get Wario.
Hey, it could happen.

Also, I'm not sure they were only referring to newcomers. They could have just meant the next character revealed in general, veteran or newcomer.

Last edited by a moderator:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
If there are four cuts, they'll probably end up being Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Snake.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
And then it turns out he's using the term gentleman ironically and we're going to get Wario.
Hey, it could happen.

Also, I'm not sure they were only referring to newcomers. They could have just meant the next character revealed in general, veteran or newcomer.
I could totally see this happening though.

Also I've been gone for a few days. Can somebody tell me the gist of what the Katakana and 48 character leaks are?

D

Deleted member

"Gentleman"?

Captain Falcon.
His third attack in his standard combo is referred to as the "Gentleman".

D

Deleted member

You know who's a gentleman? This guy:

:troll:

In all seriousness, I doubt that this person involved with the MK8 leak actually has info on the game. A roster with 48 characters and 4 cuts is a pretty likely prediction, but that doesn't prove anything. Even if this user is highly respected, I bet some lie could be fabricated for attention.

As for the new translator leak stuff, I'm doubting that too. I find that leak to be dead.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Pfft, Dudley from Street Fighter obviously guys! :psycho:
Let's fight like gentlemen!

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
I wasn't aware of the leaks from the brawl era, so I have a question, does sakurai ever showed a hint of some new character in the daily images he posted?

I know he trolls with the descriptions of the picture, but showing hints in the pictures is something Sakurai uses to do from time to time?

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
If there are four cuts, they'll probably end up being Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Snake.
Cutting snake over young link?
Really, now.

However, you do have a point. When Sakurai referred to cuts, he said "we can't remake every character that has been in smash bros. up to this point", that probably means that melee clones will count as cuts if and when they get the axe.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Honestly I would agree with you, but as soon as Toon Link was revealed I couldn't make up my mind who would be cut. I thought he was the definite cut from Brawl. :surprised:
Thanks to Wind Waker HD I don't think his inclusion should have been as much as a surprise as it was. He's still a very popular and mainstream Nintendo character unlike Lucas.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Cut Pokemon Trainer, there's 3 characters worth of invested time (at the very least) right there. Bring back Charizard as a single playable character. That is how, IMO, you would handle something like this.

Not that I think the leak is true by any means

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom