• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Cut Pokémon Trainer and add Charizard separate" is literally just taking two of three aspects out of the equation and rebalancing the third, just so you know.

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
I got info from a friend (who I have good reason to believe) who got info he wasn't supposed to get. I really don't know if he's BSing me or not. When looking for a place to share it I just searched "Smash Bros 4 leak thread" and got here. May use the website in the future because competitive smash is cool. I'm on an ipad in an airport so the post might seem messy.

Newcomers my friend does know of:
Palutena (girl from Pit's final smash)
Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Dude who was kind of in Nintendo Land game (I don't know what he means by this)
Toad (Has some sort of clothing to make him more distinguishable from Peach's move)
The Mii (he mentioned that an idea was passed around that if you play on a 3DS, you can send your friend's profile Mii to the game to play as (new costume), and then send those miis to the Wii U version.)
Paper Mario
Tom Nook (apparently wasnt considered until someone looked at the Villager reveal, and wanted to expand on how Nook looked at the invitation.) (Has interesting playstyle that may be a lot like the Villager's, think Fox to Falco, but will use furniture and bells in contrast to how the Villager uses outdoor items and tools)
Some dude from Xenoblade (We both never played it so would not know)
Ridley/Meta Ridley. (One is a stage hazard one isnt. He didnt elaborate on which is which)
Hawklucha the pokemon is being considered due to some role in a future pokemon fighting game we both have never heard of
Some Zelda Character that he did not know. I would know because i play Zelda, he does not unfortunately.
The Waddle Dee with a headband. (Very similar to Little Mac but no the same moveset, just a close range playstyle. Funny character. Up B is riding a warp star in a whatever direction you point until the star "disintegrates" into tiny stars

That is probably not all the new guys because he does not think he saw all of them but he very well might of.

Sakurai (Japanese guy making the game) wants to make the game cater more to Western fans rather than Japanese due to a lot of Japanese characters being unrecognizable by kids in America. Wants very recognizable characters from the most popular franchises with an occasional curveball. Id assume the Japanese recognizable characters would be assist trophies.

Has no clue when anything will be announced. Says there was no reason to give any employee info on what will be revealed for "Pic of the day" or "Nintendo Directs" and only people high up on the corporate ladder know.

DLC is already being worked on despite other reports. First big idea is more pieces for stage builder, and eventually releasing some Wii U stages for 3DS and vice versa. Nintendo will use Smash 4's DLC characters (most will be free) as an opportunity to promote other games for the lifespan of Wii U and 3DS. For example, say a new IP is released in 2016 that Nintendo wants to sell a lot of copies of, because Smash will be bought by almost every owner of either console, releasing a character from that game will boost sales.

I'll update again later with some more info on items and stages and a couple veteran roster changes. If this is not the right place to post this then redirect me, I assumed it was due to the thread's title.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I got info from a friend (who I have good reason to believe) who got info he wasn't supposed to get. I really don't know if he's BSing me or not. When looking for a place to share it I just searched "Smash Bros 4 leak thread" and got here. May use the website in the future because competitive smash is cool. I'm on an ipad in an airport so the post might seem messy.

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Toad (Has some sort of clothing to make him more distinguishable from Peach's move)
The Mii (he mentioned that an idea was passed around that if you play on a 3DS, you can send your friend's profile Mii to the game to play as (new costume), and then send those miis to the Wii U version.)
Paper Mario
Tom Nook (apparently wasnt considered until someone looked at the Villager reveal, and wanted to expand on how Nook looked at the invitation.) (Has interesting playstyle that may be a lot like the Villager's, think Fox to Falco, but will use furniture and bells in contrast to how the Villager uses outdoor items and tools)
Ridley/Meta Ridley. (One is a stage hazard one isnt. He didnt elaborate on which is which)
Hawklucha the pokemon is being considered due to some role in a future pokemon fighting game we both have never heard of
Some Zelda Character that he did not know. I would know because i play Zelda, he does not unfortunately.
The Waddle Dee with a headband. (Very similar to Little Mac but no the same moveset, just a close range playstyle. Funny character. Up B is riding a warp star in a whatever direction you point until the star "disintegrates" into tiny stars

That is probably not all the new guys because he does not think he saw all of them but he very well might of.

Sakurai (Japanese guy making the game) wants to make the game cater more to Western fans rather than Japanese due to a lot of Japanese characters being unrecognizable by kids in America. Wants very recognizable characters from the most popular franchises with an occasional curveball. Id assume the Japanese recognizable characters would be assist trophies.

Has no clue when anything will be announced. Says there was no reason to give any employee info on what will be revealed for "Pic of the day" or "Nintendo Directs" and only people high up on the corporate ladder know.

DLC is already being worked on despite other reports. First big idea is more pieces for stage builder, and eventually releasing some Wii U stages for 3DS and vice versa. Nintendo will use Smash 4's DLC characters (most will be free) as an opportunity to promote other games for the lifespan of Wii U and 3DS. For example, say a new IP is released in 2016 that Nintendo wants to sell a lot of copies of, because Smash will be bought by almost every owner of either console, releasing a character from that game will boost sales.

I'll update again later with some more info on items and stages and a couple veteran roster changes. If this is not the right place to post this then redirect me, I assumed it was due to the thread's title.
Cool story bro!

fill

20EggsEggs
Cut Pokemon Trainer, there's 3 characters worth of invested time (at the very least) right there. Bring back Charizard as a single playable character. That is how, IMO, you would handle something like this.

Not that I think the leak is true by any means
i like this idea, i did like the other two but i only really switched when i died

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Why was there leaked info about Smash on a Mario Kart forum? Anyway, I think 48 would be a good amount of characters. I don't see it being overkill but judging by what Sakurai said a while back(things do change), the roster size should be about the same as Brawl.

fill

20EggsEggs

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario

i feel like dlc with stages and stage builder are a good idea, but releasing fighters, would throw a huge wrench into balancing issues

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario

Hmmmmm.....
Meta Ridley AND Ridley?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
This is probably the most subtle way of saying takumaru that i've ever seen.
While i don't believe your info personally, time will tell.

fill

20EggsEggs
This is probably the most subtle way of saying takumaru that i've ever seen.
While i don't believe your info personally, time will tell.
first thought i was thinking monita, that tv that told you how to play the game, hopefully he meant takamaru lol. the tv would suck imo lol

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
first thought i was thinking monita, that tv that told you how to play the game, hopefully he meant takamaru lol. the tv would suck imo lol
Monita will be the stage hazard on the nintendo land stage, and will be replaced by Alphonso AR Box guy on the 3ds version.
... That's what my best friends cousins uncles distant cousin told me....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers (Dark Phazon) awoke in bed transformed into Sakurai.

Anyways, I'm keeping my eye on the 2PAT leak. Odds are its fake, but I like the chance that Toad could be playable.
Hey thats nothing lool just you wait till you see tommorows pic (Thursday)

Just you wait till you see tommorows pic (Thursday)
Its gonna show Pyrosphere again and something weired.....

Drowzee_Using_Hypnosis_1_by_RoosterRandom.jpg

*ring*
*ring*

Ow sorry...one sec phone ringing its Sakurai.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmmm.....
Meta Ridley AND Ridley?
SSE had Ridley and Meta Ridley as separate bosses. This seems like a Sakurai thype of move. Though I'm still calling fake off of "the dude from Nintendo Land" being playable when the roster was most likely started before development started, and before the Wii U was even a thing

Edit: My mind instantly jumped to Monita. Didn't even onsider Takamaru, which is weird considering this is the game where him being playable even started. I feel that my point still stands though

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
SSE had Ridley and Meta Ridley as separate bosses. This seems like a Sakurai thype of move. Though I'm still calling fake off of "the dude from Nintendo Land" being playable when the roster was most likely started before development started, and before the Wii U was even a thing
Dude from Nintendo Land would be Takamaru, fyi, a guy whose original game was on the Famicon.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I always thought that between the time you fight Ridley and meta Ridley, Ridley went to his place and put on some armor...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Monita will be the stage hazard on the nintendo land stage, and will be replaced by Alphonso AR Box guy on the 3ds version.
... That's what my best friends cousins uncles distant cousin told me....
Oh yeah? Well my painter said the Eshop guy will get in!

Lucas is nowhere near as popular as Toon Link I'm just stating facts here...
...I'm referring to the cast in general.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario

So this dude got info he "wasn't supposed to get"... so how did he get ALL this info anyhow if he wasn't supposed to get it?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hawlucha? Are you kidding me? Also, Pac-Man isn't on that list, so I'm inclined to dismiss it, other than the fact that it sounds like something someone came up with in ten seconds. And I love how he keeps going "Oh yeah, Palutena, you know, that girl from Pit's final smash" and "Some guy from Xenoblade".

Really? Really? Ugh.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hawlucha? Are you kidding me? Also, Pac-Man isn't on that list, so I'm inclined to dismiss it, other than the fact that it sounds like something someone came up with in ten seconds. And I love how he keeps going "Oh yeah, Palutena, you know, that girl from Pit's final smash" and "Some guy from Xenoblade".

Really? Really? Ugh.
Actually yeah, Pac-man IS on that list. But I do agree, referring to Shulk as "Some guy from Xenoblade" is... well... I don't know. He says his source "wasn't supposed to get it"... surely that would make for quite the story, considering the sheer volume of this information.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Meh, I doubt Hawlucha would be considered, but he is indeed a somewhat popular Pokemon pick recently, and it is a Pokemon that shows the franchise going forward, so I see the possibility. But I think it's fake. :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So this dude got info he "wasn't supposed to get"... so how did he get ALL this info anyhow if he wasn't supposed to get it?
Things go around at the workplace.

Sakurai: "Bumper tomorrow."

Random worker: " He is going to release the bumper. Tee-hee. HEY EVERYONE, BUMPER'S BACK HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"& Half-Life 4 confirmed."

Boom!

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I doubt that Lucas would be out. Who would replace him?
Ness. :troll:
Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario
This leak sounds kinda cool, but doesn't seem likely.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario

You're avoiding a lot of details. You're not convincing me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually yeah, Pac-man IS on that list. But I do agree, referring to Shulk as "Some guy from Xenoblade" is... well... I don't know. He says his source "wasn't supposed to get it"... surely that would make for quite the story, considering the sheer volume of this information.
Wow, I'm not sure how I totally missed Pac-Man after three checks over. I feel stupid. :facepalm:

Even still, everything about this is not only shifty, but stupid. I could have come up with something much more convincing in less time than that probably took, written the same way.

Ugh. And you're right, it's sure a ****LOAD of information for getting it accidentally. Did he just find a paper somewhere that listed the whole damn roster? Bahahahaha

Also, the guy says "Sakurai (the japanese guy making the game)" I mean how can someone be so oblivious to things going on in the Smash world, yet be competent enough to relay half of this information as if it's important? Are people even ****ing trying?

Also, there's no way we're also getting Tom Nook, I'm sorry people.

Edit2: Though granted, I just noticed he mentioned Takamaru on there (Unless the "dude from Nintendo Land" is Balloon fighter? Ehhhh...) so even though there's no DK newcomer, I'm OK with this list.

It's still fake, regardless.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario

Hawlucha? Not the best 6th gen rep but I guess he's up there. . . Actually I'd probably vomit but some of the reasons are kind of weird. Like Tom Nook's. Waddle Dee being similar to Little Mac? Huh??

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Paper Mario

Your friend sounds Nintendo-intellectually dumb.

TRUE!

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys. I boarded my plane now. Plane's got internet so I'll be popping in here in there for as long as my buddy isn't found out/ proven as a BSer XD. He's trustworthy though so hopefully not the latter.
To answer some questions. First of all, Banjodorf, chill out dude. I'm just trying to relay some info and you seem to be getting very worked up! Haha! I understand your skepticism however. I meant "info He should not have received" lightly. I wish I could tell you how he should have been able to obtain the info, but in the event he is found out due to me revealing his "source" (that may not even be the right word) I would not want any harm to be done to his relationship with the company. To put this is words you'll understand, he was in an exchange of information between two people, that he should not have been a part of.

I have not made an alternate account. I've lurked over this message board before for character tips in Project M before without an account if that is what you mean?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Your friend sounds Nintendo-intellectually dumb.

TRUE!
I know! :b:

Hey guys. I boarded my plane now. Plane's got internet so I'll be popping in here in there for as long as my buddy isn't found out/ proven as a BSer XD. He's trustworthy though so hopefully not the latter.
To answer some questions. First of all, Banjodorf, chill out dude. I'm just trying to relay some info and you seem to be getting very worked up! Haha! I understand your skepticism however. I meant "info He should not have received" lightly. I wish I could tell you how he should have been able to obtain the info, but in the event he is found out due to me revealing his "source" (that may not even be the right word) I would not want any harm to be done to his relationship with the company. To put this is words you'll understand, he was in an exchange of information between two people, that he should not have been a part of.
Well, answer me this.
How do we know it's real?
It's not like we haven't been through this before.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Where is your friend exactly? Japan? I think that's the only he can get this info.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
And why does it have to be him? I'm sensing a little personal bias here.
I never said it HAS to be, I just think Lucas is the most likely character in the game to be cut.

I doubt that Lucas would be out. Who would replace him?
Who said characters that are cut need replacements? Unless if you consider Lucario Mewtwo's "replacement" and we all saw how that went...

Why do I even bother taking place in these types of conversations? Someone always gets their feelings hurt lol.

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
I know! :b:

Well, answer me this.
How do we know it's real?
It's not like we haven't been through this before.
Well, I cannot provide anything that would prove myself. All the info was received by word of mouth. If the info was for instance, received through text messages, then I would share those with you. It was not though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I have not made an alternate account. I've lurked over this message board before for character tips in Project M before without an account if that is what you mean?
Was there a list of Pokemon candidates Sakurai wanted playable? If so, which ones?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well, I cannot provide anything that would prove myself. All the info was received by word of mouth. If the info was for instance, received through text messages, then I would share those with you. It was not though.
Do you know what the villagers and Megamans Final Smashes are? That'd be pretty useful info.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, till then.
I'm taking this with a grain of salt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom