• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Miis yet again -_-. Just no.
Will people stop saying "just no" as if it means something?
Also "no, just no", "just... no" and simply "no" don't count as arguments.

Like it or not, Miis have got a pretty high chance of being in, despite your carefully worded objections. I'd be more sceptical of leaks that omit them.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh. Is this already confirmed info? My apologies then. It was mentioned to me which is why I said it here. Did not know it was already common knowledge!
S'all good. Just trying to sift through your info to find out everything I can. Who knows? Might be important evidence for/against your leak.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I got info from a friend (who I have good reason to believe) who got info he wasn't supposed to get. I really don't know if he's BSing me or not. When looking for a place to share it I just searched "Smash Bros 4 leak thread" and got here. May use the website in the future because competitive smash is cool. I'm on an ipad in an airport so the post might seem messy.

Newcomers my friend does know of:
Palutena (girl from Pit's final smash)
Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Dude who was kind of in Nintendo Land game (I don't know what he means by this)
Toad (Has some sort of clothing to make him more distinguishable from Peach's move)
The Mii (he mentioned that an idea was passed around that if you play on a 3DS, you can send your friend's profile Mii to the game to play as (new costume), and then send those miis to the Wii U version.)
Paper Mario
Tom Nook (apparently wasnt considered until someone looked at the Villager reveal, and wanted to expand on how Nook looked at the invitation.) (Has interesting playstyle that may be a lot like the Villager's, think Fox to Falco, but will use furniture and bells in contrast to how the Villager uses outdoor items and tools)
Some dude from Xenoblade (We both never played it so would not know)
Ridley/Meta Ridley. (One is a stage hazard one isnt. He didnt elaborate on which is which)
Hawklucha the pokemon is being considered due to some role in a future pokemon fighting game we both have never heard of
Some Zelda Character that he did not know. I would know because i play Zelda, he does not unfortunately.
The Waddle Dee with a headband. (Very similar to Little Mac but no the same moveset, just a close range playstyle. Funny character. Up B is riding a warp star in a whatever direction you point until the star "disintegrates" into tiny stars

That is probably not all the new guys because he does not think he saw all of them but he very well might of.

Sakurai (Japanese guy making the game) wants to make the game cater more to Western fans rather than Japanese due to a lot of Japanese characters being unrecognizable by kids in America. Wants very recognizable characters from the most popular franchises with an occasional curveball. Id assume the Japanese recognizable characters would be assist trophies.

Has no clue when anything will be announced. Says there was no reason to give any employee info on what will be revealed for "Pic of the day" or "Nintendo Directs" and only people high up on the corporate ladder know.

DLC is already being worked on despite other reports. First big idea is more pieces for stage builder, and eventually releasing some Wii U stages for 3DS and vice versa. Nintendo will use Smash 4's DLC characters (most will be free) as an opportunity to promote other games for the lifespan of Wii U and 3DS. For example, say a new IP is released in 2016 that Nintendo wants to sell a lot of copies of, because Smash will be bought by almost every owner of either console, releasing a character from that game will boost sales.

I'll update again later with some more info on items and stages and a couple veteran roster changes. If this is not the right place to post this then redirect me, I assumed it was due to the thread's title.
Any mention about a Fire Emblem character?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
These 'leaks' are making me sick.

I don't even want a legit leak . I just want these bottom feeders to stop wasting mine and many others time with such asinine wishlists portrayed as reliable information from an actual developer or inside source.
Yeah, I've never realized why people make fake leaks. I just find it to be really pointless and unavailing. It stinks because there are people looking at some leaks, hoping to get their hopes up for certain things. Because of this the game ends up being underwhelming for some people because they are expecting so much after looking at some leaks. I guess in today's time, it's different though. We don't really take any leaks seriously, we kind of just passively keep an eye on some.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's nothing OK about Hawlucha, mainly because he is in no way an iconic Pokemon and doesn't get a free pass like Jiggs because of 64.

See, I even really love Hawlucha's design, but nothing about him screams "Sakurai-senpai, Smash Brothers please!" Honestly, his addition would only lead to more rampant use of "Well if this character is so impossible, how did this character get in?"

Honestly the only other eligible Pokemon aside from the agreed upon 5 reps is Zoroark, and I'm still begging for that one.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wait, you mean the leak that was disproven a long time ago?
Yeah, she came back and claimed that the Diddy + Dixie team up was scrapped. . . And that Lucario was revealed before Diddy because Sakurai possibly saw her leak.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yeah, I've never realized why people make fake leaks. I just find it to be really pointless and unavailing. It stinks because there are people looking at some leaks, hoping to get their hopes up for certain things. Because of this the game ends up being underwhelming for some people because they are expecting so much after looking at some leaks. I guess in today's time, it's different though. We don't really take any leaks seriously, we kind of just passively keep an eye on some.
No I hear ya, I get that WE don't take em seriously, but there's going to be one person that does. Leaks have become games to us, and I really think that shouldn't be the case. (I think we're one of the few communities that have em to this magnitude).

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
I'd feel really bad if that was the case with me. If my friend is BSing then I'm sorry I do not mean to waste you guys' time. I just wanted to share the info I heard. Never mean to waste the time of anyone here.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'd feel really bad if that was the case with me. If my friend is BSing then I'm sorry I do not mean to waste you guys' time. I just wanted to share the info I heard. Never mean to waste the time of anyone here.
Oh no, it's fine. At least with your leak, you've told us already it's a possibility of being real or fake, so some people don't get their hopes up. Like someone said eariler, leaks are what keep this thread going; So it's always nice to have something to discuss.:smash:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, she came back and claimed that the Diddy + Dixie team up was scrapped. . . And that Lucario was revealed before Diddy because Sakurai possibly saw her leak.
So, she's essentially beating a dead horse?

Though the funny thing is the last line. "Sorry boys."
It's like she thinks everyone here are guys!
Sheesh, I'm telling you, us robots always get the shaft...

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I dont know what to make of this.
If this was any other leak, I would automatically dismiss as fake.
I think your being honest of what you heard from your friend.
However, I have a feeling your friend might be feeding you bs...

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't trust you or your friend and I believe my time was already wasted. If you're genuine, I apologize. But you're not.

If there's actually a 'friend,' yes, he probably is bsing you.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, it's fine.

I dont know what to make of this.
If this was any other leak, I would automatically dismiss as fake.
I think your being honest of what you heard from your friend.
However, I have a feeling your friend might be feeding you bs...
Wouldn't be the first time...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
One of the things he claimed was that the DLC is being worked on despite reports saying otherwise and that one of the plans may be to release characters to coincide with upcoming releases that happen AFTER Smash Bros is released. As it currently stands, many characters are announced to tie in with some kind of release that happens, so that isn't ENTIRELY unbelievable. Just wanted to throw that out there.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I wouldn't feel too bad, this entire thread is a waste of time. This is 513 pages of AT MOST a leak and a half.

EDIT: And nobody even talks about those ones any more.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
There's nothing OK about Hawlucha, mainly because he is in no way an iconic Pokemon and doesn't get a free pass like Jiggs because of 64.

See, I even really love Hawlucha's design, but nothing about him screams "Sakurai-senpai, Smash Brothers please!" Honestly, his addition would only lead to more rampant use of "Well if this character is so impossible, how did this character get in?"

Honestly the only other eligible Pokemon aside from the agreed upon 5 reps is Zoroark, and I'm still begging for that one.
If Hawlucha makes it in Smash, how could I not play with him? He's a luchador hawk. While I don't think Hawlucha is in, if I'm wrong, it would be the happiest wrong ever.

Oh you mean unlikely like:

Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villiger (Who Sakurai himself doubted moveset potential)
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch

Your argument is terrible because anyone after the fact can say "Oh it just makes sense to make them do what they currently do". But the fact is your argument can be applied to a lot of the Smash Bros roster and has been to a few characters. You'd have to look at all those characters and make up flimsy exceptions as to why it works for them and not whatever character you're arguing against ... ah ... I see you've already done that. Carry on then.
Those characters you listed are all part of big games. Did you even read what I said? I love Advance Wars, but because it was a great game doesn't mean that the character will get in. So many people on these forums perpetuate the idea that their nostalgic characters will get in just because of imagination, well it's not that easy, especially when you have a game with characters that still share many moves. Believe it or not, some things have to look convincing based on the character. You can have Pikachu doing nothing but Tai Kwon Do, but that doesn't mean it will work.

I'm not arguing against anyone, I'm just telling it how it is; no one gives a **** about advanced wars even though it's an amazing game, and alI wouldn't be at all surprised or upset if a character doesn't make it because smash bros isn't my life. Because I don't post a lot of unnecessary game back ground information doesn't make my argument flimsy, some things are much more simple than that. Actually your reaction to my argument is flimsy since you are just saying why you think my argument is inconsistent. That's very hypocritical.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wouldn't feel too bad, this entire thread is a waste of time. This is 513 pages of AT MOST a leak and a half.

EDIT: And nobody even talks about those ones any more.
Pretty sure we always talk about the Palutena leak. ALWAYS!!!! It never goes away. It's just there... waiting until she is finally confirmed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pretty sure we always talk about the Palutena leak. ALWAYS!!!! It never goes away. It's just there... waiting until she is finally confirmed.
It doesn't matter.
When she is, then it will be another 100 pages of "I told you so!".

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why do people even want whatsherface? Just because?
Best to ask that question in the Character Discussion or Palutena threads.

Personally I don't care if it's real or not. If real then I get one of the characters I've been arguing since the old threads. If not, then all the salt will be hilarious (even if I have to work overtime as a result).

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Admiral Pit confirmed it's fake. I believe him , that dude knows his Kid Icarus ****.

Edited to be nicer:smash: !!!
Sorry I was a butt Admiral:urg:
Admiral Pit is cool and I'm sure he knows a lot about Kid Icarus in general, but I think he's wrong on this one. He said that its the same as the Uprising model when it upon closer inspection it isn't.;)

Trust me. I love KI:U ive beaten all the levels on 9. its pretty hard if you dont know what that means. Basically I've spent a lot of time with that game. Its my favorite 3ds game.:grin:

All that to say theres really no way to say its fake other than being a negative nancy. But there is no way to say its real other than being a positive peggy.
or finding out that photoshopping is awesome at fakes
Yup. It could be fake. I don't want to say I believe it. But its hasn't been disproven yet. I always thought Palutena would be in anyways regardless of what a leak says. Doesn't hurt her chances. Doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Somewhere in this thread, said it came from a model in Kid Icarus Uprising.
I'm... fairly certain that never happened. We proved it didn't come from a KI:U model. A. That would be impossible to get and B. The poses you see Palutena in while using the AR card viewer (which is the closest we could get to the poses) are close, but not exact. And with no way to get 3DS models, you couldn't have modified the pose.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What? When did he do that?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I haven't heard him do that, and I"ve been in that thread every day.

Also hoping for a source on this.

Edit: Oh god damn it here we go again.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Palutena leak stuff.
Please do not talk about other users in such a way that borders on flaming. I simple "I disagree with them" is sufficient enough.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Admiral Pit confirmed it's fake. I believe him , that dude knows his Kid Icarus ****.

All I can find from Admiral Pit was this:

I can't be sure if that leak is real just yet, but I won't call it fake yet either. Most of my thoughts

She could be a real character that was in development a bit before the so-called leak happened. In other words, say Palutena leak is real; I'd assume that's how she looks in the early beta stages, and not finalized. I could say that the 2nd pic of her is one of those "size comparison" pic tests in-game, while showing off standard animations for her, such as standing or a basic attack. My only concern is that said leaks never appear on the WiiU version.
But who knows? I'm just trying to think of something. But at this point, I just hope she is playable. March is coming up tomorrow, it's a big time for Kid Icarus Uprising after all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Somewhere in this thread, said it came from a model in Kid Icarus Uprising.
But we've shown time and time again that isn't the case. Every single model, even the rare, unobtainable ones have been shot down. Perhaps that was early in the cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom