• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What's this MK8 leak exactly? Can't say I've even seen that one.

I guess I can see if it's on the front page though.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What's this MK8 leak exactly? Can't say I've even seen that one.

I guess I can see if it's on the front page though.
Some guy on a Mario Kart forum claimed 48 characters are in the new Smash.

At least, something to that extent.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Some guy on a Mario Kart forum claimed 48 characters are in the new Smash.

At least, something to that extent.
Is that pretty much it, with no specifics? It certainly doesn't seem unreasonable. I always assumed ~50 would be Sakurai's goal from the start, and that's pretty much what 48 is.

Shroob

Sup?
So now this RosalinaX fellow is an established Neogaf poster? Source? Or is this being twisted by lack of information.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Is that pretty much it, with no specifics? It certainly doesn't seem unreasonable. I always assumed ~50 would be Sakurai's goal from the start, and that's pretty much what 48 is.
Nope, no specifics. Just that.

So now this RosalinaX fellow is an established Neogaf poster? Source? Or is this being twisted by lack of information.
Not Neogaf, but from what I've heard, he's posted quite a lot on the MK forum.

Shroob

Sup?
Nope, no specifics. Just that.

Not Neogaf, but from what I've heard, he's posted quite a lot on the MK forum.
And this gives him....credentials? I checked the thread, and like, 3 people have responded to him. Either they don't give a damn, or it's fake imo.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Since a 48 character roster is a pretty typical assumption because it's a good number that's not too many and not too few, I would hesitate before drawing a connection between the two.

(Honestly I'd discount any roster that doesn't have playable Miis and let alone Lyn, but who knows what could happen.)

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I would stray away from making roster predictions based upon how neatly it fits within the websites design. Probably the worst thing one can do considering Sakurai already said he's considering DLC.

I care nothing for an advance wars character. Would be really cool but not on my wishlist. Now that we got that out the way what I do care about is terrible arguments against certain characters or their chances. Advance Wars is one game out of the War series: Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Battalion Wars, and Battalion Wars 2. This is a series that has done very well and has garnered a small following. You don't have sequels unless the game is doing well. You're trying to tell me that:

1. Andy or any other AW character isn't part of big games and
2. Being part of a "big game" is required to be considered for Smash Bros?

Bull crap. No one is saying Andy or any AW character is a shoe-in or that he will definitely get in. That's silly. What people are saying is that is possible and it could be argued that it's probable. Pikachu doing Tai Kwon Do is perhaps the most lazy argument against a character I have ever heard and it's incredibly dishonest. A moveset for a character from the War series ain't that hard. Again, if WFT, Mr. Game and Watch, Little Mac [Derp] Little Mac wouldnt work cause he only got punch moves [/derp] Jiggly Puff, Villager, Star Fox and other oddball characters can have believable yet completely fabricated movesets then it can easily be done for these guys. A moveset is NOT a reasonable argument for a characters exclusion. Take that BS somewhere else dude.

No one gave a **** about Wii Fit. No one gave a **** about R.O.B. No one gave a **** about Toon Link. No one gave a **** about half the cast until Sakurai MADE them give a ****. Please stop assuming that because a character is wanted or not wanted effects their chances. We know Sakurai is an oddball. Ultimately, it's Sakurai who really doesn't give a **** about who you think would or wouldn't make a great fit in the game. Your argument is inconsistent because it goes against logic and the very CORE of the Smash Bros series.
You can't gauge the success of a game on the basis that it consistently pumps out sequels. Look at Sonic, a series that Fluxuates between good and bad games constantly. And I'll reiterate, no matter how successful this niche franchise is to the minority of fans that thing it's relevant, that doesn't really mean much, especially given that this is from a hand held franchise. Can you name me one franchise in Smash besides Pokemon that has characters that derived from a hand held? No--granted hand held gaming wasn't as big as it is now and with hand held systems holding a greater capacity for graphics some franchises transition between consoles, but it is unfortunately still in the lime-light of gaming.

I think you are confusing you phrase "made is give a ****" with "didn't know they existed". Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Marth and Roy, come Melee I was not aware of their existence. Characters like Wii Fit Trainer were included because they just wanted too, but in the defense of the game it was a huge part of gaming since Wii Fit rode along with the whole motion control craze. While I do agree that Toon Link was something that was shoved down the throats of others, ROB was something on a whole other level.

Sorry if you can't deal with my bs dude, but I've been here for a while and stuck through the Brawl release phase. Many of these same compelling arguments. If Advanced Wars was such a huge success then why didn't we get a character 5 years ago? We got an assist trophy, but so did Little Mac, only difference is that out of a result of his reappearance and the fact that he still has one of the most popular old school Nintendo games, Punch Out got a sequel, Sin and Punishment even got a sequel. Did Advance wars get one? Yeah, but it abandoned every relevant character and rehashes the series, so who is to say even if we get an Advance Wars character will it even be the one people have known the series for? Same applies to characters like Saki too.

Just look at the threads that have been made on this forum, a majority are just bumps from over five years ago with the same arguments. The same expectations players had are still here now. Some people learned that things won't always go your way and learn to like what they get while others will selfishly whine and curse the creator of the game. If these characters had so much star power we would see some indication of a revival or they would have been in Brawl. Either way it really doesn't matter to me, I have no problem just liking who I get. Because a character from my favorite franchise doesn't get in doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to love it or it will cease to exist.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You can't gauge the success of a game on the basis that it consistently pumps out sequels. Look at Sonic, a series that Fluxuates between good and bad games constantly. And I'll reiterate, no matter how successful this niche franchise is to the minority of fans that thing it's relevant, that doesn't really mean much, especially given that this is from a hand held franchise. Can you name me one franchise in Smash besides Pokemon that has characters that derived from a hand held? No--granted hand held gaming wasn't as big as it is now and with hand held systems holding a greater capacity for graphics some franchises transition between consoles, but it is unfortunately still in the lime-light of gaming.

I think you are confusing you phrase "made is give a ****" with "didn't know they existed". Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Marth and Roy, come Melee I was not aware of their existence. Characters like Wii Fit Trainer were included because they just wanted too, but in the defense of the game it was a huge part of gaming since Wii Fit rode along with the whole motion control craze. While I do agree that Toon Link was something that was shoved down the throats of others, ROB was something on a whole other level.

Sorry if you can't deal with my bs dude, but I've been here for a while and stuck through the Brawl release phase. Many of these same compelling arguments. If Advanced Wars was such a huge success then why didn't we get a character 5 years ago? We got an assist trophy, but so did Little Mac, only difference is that out of a result of his reappearance and the fact that he still has one of the most popular old school Nintendo games, Punch Out got a sequel, Sin and Punishment even got a sequel. Did Advance wars get one? Yeah, but it abandoned every relevant character and rehashes the series, so who is to say even if we get an Advance Wars character will it even be the one people have known the series for? Same applies to characters like Saki too.

Just look at the threads that have been made on this forum, a majority are just bumps from over five years ago with the same arguments. The same expectations players had are still here now. Some people learned that things won't always go your way and learn to like what they get while others will selfishly whine and curse the creator of the game. If these characters had so much star power we would see some indication of a revival or they would have been in Brawl. Either way it really doesn't matter to me, I have no problem just liking who I get. Because a character from my favorite franchise doesn't get in doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to love it or it will cease to exist.
Like...I don't have time to respond in full because it's late and that post be crazy ... but right off the bat you're talking some ...... stuff. Critical success and sales are two different things. Sonic is being made over and over again because it's sales (and merchandise) warrant sequels -- not because it's been getting good or bad reviews. If a game is constantly in the red you're going to stop making it. They are putting in less money than what their return is (sales, merchandise, licensing) meaning theyre making a profit. Which is probably why we haven't seen a star fox sequel in a while. Secondly my point was a franchise's success doesn't matter! You're the one who said Andy was not from "a big game" which affected his chances. What's the point in saying this anyway? I was simply calling you out because you clearly didn't know it's a 6 game franchise -- more than many characters in Smash can say. It's not some "niche" franchise and even if it were where are you going with that point? Niche clearly doesn't matter in smash. Lastly "Name one thing except this thing that totally negates my point". Seems like youre just moving goal posts.

I'll respond to the other paragraphs tomorrow my dude.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
March 14th

Pi

Circles

Illuminati

Pac-Man confirmed

EDIT: so which leak seems the most believable? I want opinions, on active and/or dead leaks.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
So it has been a little while. Kinda took a break from this thread cause I was feeling like this topic was taking away from my hype instead of hyping me up. But here I am back again, dem addictions yo.

This was posted to /v/ late last night:

Which, when translated, turned out to be a list of playable characters, specifically these:
So I'm guessing this is the up and happening leak for the moment? I like how based it is, no crazy additions that could feel very out of place or anything. A solid roster that nobody should really complain about imo. How legitimate it looks? It doesn't seem there are any choices that couldn't happen and no major missing characters either so it's a legitimate as it could look. I guess the only thing that makes this roster look fake is its source.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This MK8 Inside Drift "Leak" is interesting.
Not much to disprove, but you gotta think about what it could mean.

"48 Characters" may include transformation characters like Zero Suit, Sheik, and the Pokémon individually.
The 4 cuts from "Smash" could include characters from every Smash Bros. game (In other words suggesting that Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, and Young Link aren't returning).
The info is too vague, but I imagine RosalinaX to have no reason to lie about this information. Especially considering his join date being June of 2008.

Quite the conundrum.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
48 characters sounds like the right number. It sounds...correct. Is this same roster with Lyn and no new DK newcomer though? Because those two things make me disappointed in the roster.

Which means it's probably true.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
48? At this point throw a couple of clones in there and let's get to 50, come on.
If so, take back Doctor Mario and Roy. ^^ Also, I'd say 48 is a pretty good roster. As long as Ridley is included.

Also, still not sure what to make of this Mario Kart rumor.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That's the one, yes, but why is it obviously bull****? I mean, anythng proven it is fake yet? I kinda just woke up and haven't Heard anymore of this.
Because the dude's obviously asking for attention.
He starts by saying "I have some info do you want me to share it?". That alone is enough, OBVIOUSLY everyone would want to hear that, so what's the point of asking first? It's because he wants people to got to him and say "Oh please dear Rosalina_X please share your precious info with us.".
He's not satisfied though so he throws in a random "Oh I also know how many characters Sm4sh has btw." and STILL he doesn't share it right away, he makes people ask for it. Also why would someone working on Mario Kart 8 know something about Sm4sh and just casually saying it because who cares?
That's Attention Whoring 101.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Attention Whoring 101? A perfect sequel for Wonderful 101~

And yes, I see what you mean, but that person being someone with thousands of posts (compared to the new-account trolls around here), still gives it SOME credibility. I don't Believe either way until proven, but it's a much better Rumor than most. Plus, if someone actually has info, we can't know how they will share it. Maybe he has info, but wants extra attention? Can't rule that out.

But as I said, I don't Believe it. Just nice to have some neat rumors.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Because the dude's obviously asking for attention.
He starts by saying "I have some info do you want me to share it?". That alone is enough, OBVIOUSLY everyone would want to hear that, so what's the point of asking first? It's because he wants people to got to him and say "Oh please dear Rosalina_X please share your precious info with us.".
He's not satisfied though so he throws in a random "Oh I also know how many characters Sm4sh has btw." and STILL he doesn't share it right away, he makes people ask for it. Also why would someone working on Mario Kart 8 know something about Sm4sh and just casually saying it because who cares?
That's Attention Whoring 101.
No it's not. If he really was "Attention Whoring", he would still be going on about it "leaking" even more information, asking people if they want more; or doing some random Q&A. He's not some random kid off the block, he's a respected member of the community. http://www.mariokartwii.com/f48/rosalinax-cast-53025.html
If you honestly view it as then, then that's that.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He has a lot of messages but what kind of forum is that? Never heard of that. We were talking about NeoGAF, I would be totally over that rumor. But a random forum? Nah. I have a pretty good amount of messages here too and I already made a mocking leak a while back. Doesn't mean much.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
He has a lot of messages but what kind of forum is that? Never heard of that. We were talking about NeoGAF, I would be totally over that rumor. But a random forum? Nah. I have a pretty good amount of messages here too and I already made a mocking leak a while back. Doesn't mean much.
I think it's an official/unofficial Mario Kart forum.
I just feel like it would be completely out of character for him to say something like that, especially in the small amount it's in just to be messing with people. Of course it's going to be different on a website like this, being that it's predominately about smash, and smashboards being a place where fake leaks are well known to manifest themselves. It's just weird and intriguing that he would leak a small amount Smash information on a Mario Kart forum, especially if he were looking for attention. I'll say it again, this isn't just some faceless guy trolling on the internet. He's an established person that many people are good friends with on that website, especially some he even plays/ and or chats with from time to time.
Point is, even if his information ends up being fake; he didn't pull it out of his ass. A source told him the information, and he's just trying to share it with people.

Last edited:

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
The thing is you clearly stated that it was obvious bull**** when there's nothing that proves that. Not only that, but we are already discussing points that could potentially be in favor of the leaker, which is already more than what we have against it (which is nothing). We may believe it or not,but it is far from being "obvious bull****".

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah well, we'll see. I'm not gonna start judging people by the amount of posts they made though, they still don't mean ****.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Oh, never mind. It's just the author's own insight.

Yeah well, we'll see. I'm not gonna start judging people by the amount of posts they made though, they still don't mean ****.
That's fine, you're entitled to do so. I just want you to see why some of us will be viewing it in a higher regard than others.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So this guy has said nothing about Smash outside of the fact that there's 48 characters right?

I don't know. Doesn't seem overly attenion whorey to me. If he had said ''AND HERE'S WHO THE 48 ARE..." then that'd be different.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So this guy has said nothing about Smash outside of the fact that there's 48 characters right?

I don't know. Doesn't seem overly attenion *****y to me. If he had said ''AND HERE'S WHO THE 48 ARE..." then that'd be different.
I would be happy with that Roster size (plus the possibility of DLC, at least for the Lost Melee characters). Can't wait.

I will keep an Eye out for this Rumor/Leak.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
It looks like the "Translator Leak" author has admitted that the whole leak was the result of a Truth or Dare with her and her friends and that there's no truth to it at all. Here's the post: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68721101/776602135
Victoria Justice posted that a while ago, thanks for re-posting it for some people that don't feel like going back all those pages.

It's always the leaks that over saturate themselves.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to snap if I hear one more person say that a leak is legitimate because the poster has been there for so long, has this many posts or they have a premium account.

Just because of those factors does not make a leak more legitimate, so stop saying it does.

Good to know we can put the Translator Leak into the dumpster out back.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to snap if I hear one more person say that a leak is legitimate because the poster has been there for so long, has this many posts or they have a premium account.

Just because of those factors does not make a leak more legitimate, so stop saying it does.
Looks like you didn't bother to read my post. There's more to take into account than that in this situation. :rolleyes:
And yes, it does. There is more reasoning in that it does make a leak more legitimate, vs it doesn't.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
About that "Cafe" pokemon stage thing, it's possible it means there's going to be a Luimose City stage. Seriously doubt there would be a stage taking place inside of of those small cramped Cafes.

...Or it could be based off the Pokemon Dream World Cafe. But that wasn't on the 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Looks like you didn't bother to read my post. There's more to take into account than that in this situation. :rolleyes:
And yes, it does. There is more reasoning in that it does make a leak more legitimate, vs it doesn't.
No it really doesn't. They got the leak from a friend, no? Again, you're basically saying that if I (since I have a GAF account, almost 10,000 points, and I'm respected and well known over there) said I have a leak from a friend who works for Nintendo in one way or another, my leak would be more credible, or true. No it wouldn't. You'd take it with as much salt as any other rumor.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
About that "Cafe" pokemon stage thing, it's possible it means there's going to be a Luimose City stage. Seriously doubt there would be a stage taking place inside of of those small cramped Cafes.

...Or it could be based off the Pokemon Dream World Cafe. But that wasn't on the 3DS.
I like the Luimose city idea, rather than the cafe. It would make sense, with the inevitable gen 6 representation we're getting this time around. It would also be nice if we started getting leaks that actually agree to each other (don't go making fake leaks lurkers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom