• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Still on my plane. But I was told about a Café stage on the 3DS based on the one from Pokemon X and Y. A Mario Kart 8 stage on the Wii U that to my knowledge, is like the F Zero stages but the screen will flip upside down and to the right and left due to the gravitational elements of the Mario Kart title. I'll need to check my notes for more info on the stages. A new item is the beetle from The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. I haven't a clue how it works. I know that most veterans are planned to return. At least, that's the plan. In regards to my Jigglypuff comment, I didn't hear anything on her specifically and the question almost specifically questioned her inclusion. I'd imagine she's included if the "all veterans" thing is to be believed.

To the questions on Hawlucha. I know just about as much on you guys do on why he would be included. But according to my friend as I said earlier, he is a major component/mascot to a future pokemon fighting game title on the Wii U. I'd imagine because he's a luchador fighter.

That Pokemon fighting game didn't happen to be called Pokken Fighters, did it? Or perhaps you weren't told any possible title?

I know Pokemon X and Y had a bit of a thing for Cafes but still, that seems a bit random. You weren't happen to be told how that stage works, do you?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Please do not talk about other users in such a way that borders on flaming. I simple "I disagree with them" is sufficient enough.
Sorry I looked back and said wow I probably sound like a jerk. I'll edit accordingly:smash:

Shroob

Sup?
Goodness. We start off today arguing over some jerkwad on some random Mariokart forum who just happened to 'know' some very vague information, and now the pages are exploding over this new 'leak' where a 'friend' told this guy new info. Considering we had a leak but a week ago with the same premise "A friend told me some news...", I'm calling B.S. on all "A friend told me" leaks.

Admiral Pit doesn't know everything. He said that its the same as the Uprising model when it clearly isn't.
Just cause your tag is Pit doesn't mean anything.Trust me. I love KI:U ive beaten all the levels on 9. its pretty hard if you dont know what that means. Basically I've spent a lot of time with that game. Its my favorite 3ds game. All that to say theres really no way to say its fake other than being a negative nancy. But there is no way to say its real other than being a positive peggy.

Yup. It could be fake. I don't want to say I believe it. But its hasn't been disproven yet. I always thought Palutena would be in anyways regardless of what a leak says. Doesn't hurt her chances. Doesn't help either.
Admiral Pit knows a lot about Kid Icarus, best believe. If there is anything I can vouch for him for it's that.

@ BADGRAPHICS BADGRAPHICS Thanks man, I must have midread that then. I do know someone said something like that in this thread though, I swear

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Goodness. We start off today arguing over some jerkwad on some random Mariokart forum who just happened to 'know' some very vague information, and now the pages are exploding over this new 'leak' where a 'friend' told this guy new info. Considering we had a leak but a week ago with the same premise "A friend told me some news...", I'm calling B.S. on all "A friend told me" leaks.

Not to justify any leaks or anything, but "A friend told me" quite describes how the famous ChaosZero leak happened pre-Brawl... he knew a guy in the know back then. He doesn't know a guy now, but that's exactly how it happened back then.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Like many people stated before, just look at the referencing minor details on Palutena's dress necklace with the Starman. I think that makes the Palutena leak real, and not many leakers do those sort of stuff. :p

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Regardless of how much the guy knows about Kid Icarus, his one say so doesn't really do anything to disprove the multitude of people looking on the comparisons that sprung up around that time who couldn't for the life of them say definitively that they were the same models.

Any outside knowledge doesn't really matter when we're talking about comparing two things that we can just look up anyway...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Like many people stated before, just look at the referencing minor details on Palutena's dress necklace with the Starman. I think that makes the Palutena leak real, and not many leakers do those sort of stuff. :p
It's not a Star.
But even if it isn't, it doesn't make the leak any less credible. Nothing so far seems to make it fake.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Oh. Is this already confirmed info? My apologies then. It was mentioned to me which is why I said it here. Did not know it was already common knowledge!
just according to kiekaku

Don't mean no disrespect ya know but how hard do you think a leak is to fabricate? make up a story that has no way to be proven true or false, throw in your roster and plant something like this to make the leaker look trustworthy or innocent, if the leak is proven fake somehow the user can fall behind the "ahahaha my friend must be BSing me!" my FAKE stamp is running out of ink.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, remember that one pointless joke you make because of stupidity?
Well, this one's mine...

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Those characters you listed are all part of big games. Did you even read what I said? I love Advance Wars, but because it was a great game doesn't mean that the character will get in. So many people on these forums perpetuate the idea that their nostalgic characters will get in just because of imagination, well it's not that easy, especially when you have a game with characters that still share many moves. Believe it or not, some things have to look convincing based on the character. You can have Pikachu doing nothing but Tai Kwon Do, but that doesn't mean it will work.

I'm not arguing against anyone, I'm just telling it how it is; no one gives a **** about advanced wars even though it's an amazing game, and alI wouldn't be at all surprised or upset if a character doesn't make it because smash bros isn't my life. Because I don't post a lot of unnecessary game back ground information doesn't make my argument flimsy, some things are much more simple than that. Actually your reaction to my argument is flimsy since you are just saying why you think my argument is inconsistent. That's very hypocritical.

I care nothing for an advance wars character. Would be really cool but not on my wishlist. Now that we got that out the way what I do care about is terrible arguments against certain characters or their chances. Advance Wars is one game out of the War series: Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Battalion Wars, and Battalion Wars 2. This is a series that has done very well and has garnered a small following. You don't have sequels unless the game is doing well. You're trying to tell me that:

1. Andy or any other AW character isn't part of big games and
2. Being part of a "big game" is required to be considered for Smash Bros?

Bull crap. No one is saying Andy or any AW character is a shoe-in or that he will definitely get in. That's silly. What people are saying is that is possible and it could be argued that it's probable. Pikachu doing Tai Kwon Do is perhaps the most lazy argument against a character I have ever heard and it's incredibly dishonest. A moveset for a character from the War series ain't that hard. Again, if WFT, Mr. Game and Watch, Little Mac [Derp] Little Mac wouldnt work cause he only got punch moves [/derp] Jiggly Puff, Villager, Star Fox and other oddball characters can have believable yet completely fabricated movesets then it can easily be done for these guys. A moveset is NOT a reasonable argument for a characters exclusion. Take that BS somewhere else dude.
I'm not arguing against anyone, I'm just telling it how it is; no one gives a **** about advanced wars even though it's an amazing game, and alI wouldn't be at all surprised or upset if a character doesn't make it because smash bros isn't my life.
No one gave a **** about Wii Fit. No one gave a **** about R.O.B. No one gave a **** about Toon Link. No one gave a **** about half the cast until Sakurai MADE them give a ****. Please stop assuming that because a character is wanted or not wanted effects their chances. We know Sakurai is an oddball. Ultimately, it's Sakurai who really doesn't give a **** about who you think would or wouldn't make a great fit in the game. Your argument is inconsistent because it goes against logic and the very CORE of the Smash Bros series.

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
I care nothing for an advance wars character. Would be really cool but not on my wishlist. Now that we got that out the way what I do care about is terrible arguments against certain characters or their chances. Advance Wars is one game out of the War series: Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Battalion Wars, and Battalion Wars 2. This is a series that has done very well and has garnered a small following. You don't have sequels unless the game is doing well. You're trying to tell me that:

Bull crap. No one is saying Andy or any AW character is a shoe-in or that he will definitely get in. That's silly. What people are saying is that is possible and it could be argued that it's probable. Pikachu doing Tai Kwon Do is perhaps the most lazy argument against a character I have ever heard and it's incredibly dishonest. A moveset for a character from the War series ain't that hard. Again, if WFT, Mr. Game and Watch, Little Mac [Derp] Little Mac wouldnt work cause he only got punch moves [/derp] Jiggly Puff, Villager, Star Fox and other oddball characters can have believable yet completely fabricated movesets then it can easily be done for these guys. A moveset is NOT a reasonable argument for a characters exclusion. Take that BS somewhere else dude.

No one gave a **** about Wii Fit. No one gave a **** about R.O.B. No one gave a **** about Toon Link. No one gave a **** about half the cast until Sakurai MADE them give a ****. Please stop assuming that because a character is wanted or not wanted effects their chances. We know Sakurai is an oddball. Ultimately, it's Sakurai who really doesn't give a **** about who you think would or wouldn't make a great fit in the game. Your argument is inconsistent because it goes against logic and the very CORE of the Smash Bros series.
I still Stand by idea of the Infantry Soldier himself representing the Wars series then an actual CO

D

Deleted member

Said it better than I ever could.

But this is getting into roster discussion territory, so we should probably get back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I still Stand by idea of the Infantry Soldier himself representing the Wars series then an actual CO
It's possible. Also I forgot to even mention that the Wars series got AT representation in Brawl, which means... Sakurai at least gives a ****.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I'd be careful of these "My friend..." leaks but I wouldn't dismiss them immediately.

Especially when a "friend" works for a company and claims CM Punk would return on RAW wrong leak

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hmm, ill take a guess... Pichu reveal on april fools? Cuz he's a joke character.... *cough*

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
just according to kiekaku

Don't mean no disrespect ya know but how hard do you think a leak is to fabricate? make up a story that has no way to be proven true or false, throw in your roster and plant something like this to make the leaker look trustworthy or innocent, if the leak is proven fake somehow the user can fall behind the "ahahaha my friend must be BSing me!" my FAKE stamp is running out of ink.
Well you're completely correct. How do you expect me to argue that? Taking the entire situation into account, it would seem like I'm doing that. I can assure you I'm not. I'm telling you the truth on what I've heard. I wanted to share it. This isn't a plan to just trick you guys. I wanted to share info. Doing what you said would be a waste of both you guys, and my time.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I got info from a friend (who I have good reason to believe) who got info he wasn't supposed to get. I really don't know if he's BSing me or not. When looking for a place to share it I just searched "Smash Bros 4 leak thread" and got here. May use the website in the future because competitive smash is cool. I'm on an ipad in an airport so the post might seem messy.

Newcomers my friend does know of:
Palutena (girl from Pit's final smash)
Pac man
Mewtwo is back
Dude who was kind of in Nintendo Land game (I don't know what he means by this)
Toad (Has some sort of clothing to make him more distinguishable from Peach's move)
The Mii (he mentioned that an idea was passed around that if you play on a 3DS, you can send your friend's profile Mii to the game to play as (new costume), and then send those miis to the Wii U version.)
Paper Mario
Tom Nook (apparently wasnt considered until someone looked at the Villager reveal, and wanted to expand on how Nook looked at the invitation.) (Has interesting playstyle that may be a lot like the Villager's, think Fox to Falco, but will use furniture and bells in contrast to how the Villager uses outdoor items and tools)
Some dude from Xenoblade (We both never played it so would not know)
Ridley/Meta Ridley. (One is a stage hazard one isnt. He didnt elaborate on which is which)
Hawklucha the pokemon is being considered due to some role in a future pokemon fighting game we both have never heard of
Some Zelda Character that he did not know. I would know because i play Zelda, he does not unfortunately.
The Waddle Dee with a headband. (Very similar to Little Mac but no the same moveset, just a close range playstyle. Funny character. Up B is riding a warp star in a whatever direction you point until the star "disintegrates" into tiny stars

That is probably not all the new guys because he does not think he saw all of them but he very well might of.

Sakurai (Japanese guy making the game) wants to make the game cater more to Western fans rather than Japanese due to a lot of Japanese characters being unrecognizable by kids in America. Wants very recognizable characters from the most popular franchises with an occasional curveball. Id assume the Japanese recognizable characters would be assist trophies.

Has no clue when anything will be announced. Says there was no reason to give any employee info on what will be revealed for "Pic of the day" or "Nintendo Directs" and only people high up on the corporate ladder know.

DLC is already being worked on despite other reports. First big idea is more pieces for stage builder, and eventually releasing some Wii U stages for 3DS and vice versa. Nintendo will use Smash 4's DLC characters (most will be free) as an opportunity to promote other games for the lifespan of Wii U and 3DS. For example, say a new IP is released in 2016 that Nintendo wants to sell a lot of copies of, because Smash will be bought by almost every owner of either console, releasing a character from that game will boost sales.

I'll update again later with some more info on items and stages and a couple veteran roster changes. If this is not the right place to post this then redirect me, I assumed it was due to the thread's title.
I have never been wanted to make a fake leak before, but now I am strangely tempted to make one that includes a ton of unnecessary explanation. Such as, "Pikachu (that yellow mouse thing that shoots electricity (that seemingly magic stuff that powers devices and such) at you (a term that can be used to refer to the person reading this, but can be used to more generally refer to a general person)) is (a verb that indicates a assuming or having a state of being) returning to Smash Brothers (A game series made by Nintendo (an electronic (different conjugation of a word we've already gone over) game company in Japan (a country that is not 'Merica)))."

As to leaker dude, don't mind me bro. I just think it's hilarious that you think a forum dedicated to Smash Brothers wouldn't know who Sakurai is.

On an unrelated note, I really don't understand why people think Zelda is underrepresented. I love the Zelda franchise and think there are numerous characters with a ton of smash potential, but five characters (yes transformations do count) is plenty. Would I have rather had someone more interesting then Toon Link and or had Toon Link have different items then Link? Yes, but he's still fun to play as, well represents the series, and is really iconic so yeah no need to be salty if that's what this alleged lack of Zelda representation is about.

But I guess that's getting a bit away from Leak territory, and oh boy do we have plenty to talk about. I'll admit 48 characters is more then I was expecting. Not saying it's necesarily true, but I could by it. Honestly though I'm surprised no one (that I've seen) has used that more credible leak to support the earlier less credible leak that excluding transformations, had 48 characters total. I also found it odd that some many found that roster lacking when it seemed too good to be true to me. I'm no Tingle fan mind, and I am a huge K. Rool supporter, but it had a diverse interesting set of new characters that included Ridley. Honestly if we just had the newcommers revealed so far and Ridley, I would be very happy.

That said, I still don't believe it, or any of these recent leaks really, but it was a nice change of pace from the copy paste wishlists we usually see these days. Not that I condone making up leaks just to mix it up -.-! In fact I'd rather seen this thread fall into nothingness then have people just make up random crap to keep it alive or interesting. Hence how I am able to ward off my aforementioned temptation.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well you're completely correct. How do you expect me to argue that? Taking the entire situation into account, it would seem like I'm doing that. I can assure you I'm not. I'm telling you the truth on what I've heard. I wanted to share it. This isn't a plan to just trick you guys. I wanted to share info. Doing what you said would be a waste of both you guys, and my time.
By all means, carry on, you have nothing to lose. If your friend owns up, at least admit it when he does. That said, any more information you can get for us?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Honestly though I'm surprised no one (that I've seen) has used that more credible leak to support the earlier less credible leak that excluding transformations, had 48 characters total. I also found it odd that some many found that roster lacking when it seemed too good to be true to me. I'm no Tingle fan mind, and I am a huge K. Rool supporter, but it had a diverse interesting set of new characters that included Ridley. Honestly if we just had the newcommers revealed so far and Ridley, I would be very happy.
Which one are you referencing here? There's too many of the damned things floating around nowadays.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Which one are you referencing here? There's too many of the damned things floating around nowadays.
I think he means the "Katakana Leak" from last night.

This was posted to /v/ late last night:

Which, when translated, turned out to be a list of playable characters, specifically these:

Interesting things to note:
-Just a list of character names. No extraneous details, nothing about development, stages, or items. No story explaining where the info came from. Just a cryptic note at the end of the list that translated to "Quiet now".
-Takamaru's Japanese name was screwed up, the first Kanji was incorrect and changed the translation to "High-Round", the rest of the Katakana names seem to check out
-No Mii
-No DK Newcomer
-Lyn is oddly the Fire Emblem Newcomer
-48 characters excluding transformations: No Brawl Cuts, Mewtwo Returns, 12 Newcomers

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace

Which, when translated, turned out to be a list of playable characters, specifically these:

-Takamaru's Japanese name was screwed up, the first Kanji was incorrect and changed the translation to "High-Round"
-No Mii
-No DK Newcomer
-48 characters excluding transformations: No Brawl Cuts, Mewtwo Returns, 12 Newcomers
Leprechaun is correct.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

-Just a list of character names. No extraneous details, nothing about development, stages, or items. No story explaining where the info came from. Just a cryptic note at the end of the list that translated to "Quiet now".
-Takamaru's Japanese name was screwed up, the first Kanji was incorrect and changed the translation to "High-Round", the rest of the Katakana names seem to check out
-No Mii
-No DK Newcomer
Tingle and Lip pretty much proves this is a fake list.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I'd love if Sakurai added Tin Star just to throw every single leak off.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Leprechaun is correct.
"The characters I don't like being there pretty much proves this is a fake list."

Yeah, it's a connection, but 48 isn't exactly an uncommon roster count among speculators. The more conservative ones tend to go with either 42 or 45, while the more optimistic ones lean toward either 48 or 52 (sometimes more).

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Tingle and Lip pretty much proves this is a fake list.
Why exactly? I doubt it's real, just because it showed up under super sketchy circumstances, but I really don't see how the inclusion/exclusion of any particular character automatically discredits a leak. Especially when they're two fairly understandable choices. Tingle is the only Zelda newcomer that makes any kind of sense outside of fanboy dreams, and Lip could be a unique puzzle-based fighter, not to mention Panel De Pon has been represented by Lip's Stick since Melee. Literally all of these leaks are probably fake, barring maybe the Palutena one, but it boggles my mind how everyone is so sure that they know what characters are going to show up. There are going to be surprises, that's what makes this fun. Two of the five revealed newcomers have been way out of left field, who's to say the rest of the roster won't be the same?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why exactly? I doubt it's real, just because it showed up under super sketchy circumstances, but I really don't see how the inclusion/exclusion of any particular character automatically discredits a leak. Especially when they're two fairly understandable choices. Tingle is the only Zelda newcomer that makes any kind of sense outside of fanboy dreams, and Lip could be a unique puzzle-based fighter, not to mention Panel De Pon has been represented by Lip's Stick since Melee. Literally all of these leaks are probably fake, barring maybe the Palutena one, but it boggles my mind how everyone is so sure that they know what characters are going to show up. There are going to be surprises, that's what makes this fun. Two of the five revealed newcomers have been way out of left field, who's to say the rest of the roster won't be the same?
Tingle is the Waluigi of Zelda. I just don't see it ever happening. Lip could be playable and I'd be fine with it but I don't really think it's gonna happen.

Also only 1 newcomer was a surprise.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am thinking that 48 is too many... I feel that it is probably gonna be 45... my reasoning?

Look at SSB4 website... when you view characters, you can see a row of characters at the bottom... okay, so I see that there are currently 3 dots... and each dot has one row of 9 characters.

First dot has Diddy Kong, Little Mac, Lucario, King Dedede, Zelda, Rosalina, Marth, Sonic, and Toon Link.

Second dot has Peach, Luigi, Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link.

Third dot has Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, and three empty boxes.

Whenever a character is confirmed, that character is inserted into the first box of the first dot... and all characters are moved to the right.

I have a feeling that by April 2014 Nintendo Direct, we would have 27 confirmed characters (my bet's on Yoshi, Wario, and a newcomer)... and all three dots would be full...

And after that, a fourth dot with 8 empty boxes would appear when the 28th character is confirmed... and so we would have 36 characters (4 dots)... and then finally 45 characters (5 dots).

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
I am thinking that 48 is too many... I feel that it is probably gonna be 45... my reasoning?

Look at SSB4 website... when you view characters, you can see a row of characters at the bottom... okay, so I see that there are currently 3 dots... and each dot has one row of 9 characters.

First dot has Diddy Kong, Little Mac, Lucario, King Dedede, Zelda, Rosalina, Marth, Sonic, and Toon Link.

Second dot has Peach, Luigi, Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link.

Whenever a character is confirmed, that character is inserted into the first box of the first dot... and all characters are moved to the right.

I have a feeling that by April 2014 Nintendo Direct, we would have 27 confirmed characters (my bet's on Yoshi, Wario, and a newcomer)... and all three dots would be full...

And after that, a fourth dot with 8 empty boxes would appear when the 28th character is confirmed... and so we would have 36 characters (4 dots)... and then finally 45 characters (5 dots).
Those boxes and dots don't really mean anything. They're just used to link to other character pages. The empty ones are just placeholders for when more characters are revealed.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Tingle is a fanboy dream.
Maybe, but I don't know. Impa is only popular as a means of replacing Sheik, Toon Zelda would be an unbelievably boring choice and was dropped from Brawl for a reason, and Ghirahim is a one-off villain whose popularity will fade as soon as the next big Zelda game comes out, just like Midna and Zant's did. Vaati is a little too obscure to justify a playable appearance, and anybody beyond those really doesn't have a shot at all. Skull Kid did, but he's an assist trophy. Tingle is an iconic character, a great representative of Zelda's weirder side, has made some kind of cameo in nearly every Zelda game since he first appeared, has his own (obscure but really underrated) series, and has made a non playable appearance in every Smash game since Melee, something literally no other Zelda character can claim.

I am an unashamed Tingle fan. I've always thought he was a hilarious character with tons of personality. I recently emulated his first DS game, and I loved it. I think it ought to be a cult classic. So I'm not an objective commentator by any means. But I don't think I'm being bias by thinking that if we do get a Zelda newcomer, it will be him. It's far more likely that we won't get a Zelda newcomer, but if we do, he's got a big shot, like it or not.

Anyways, leaks.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Those boxes and dots don't really mean anything. They're just used to link to other character pages. The empty ones are just placeholders for when more characters are revealed.
Uh... I thought I implied this...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Back in the Brawl site, the characters were revealed in rows of four, despite that we got 35 characters (39 with transformations), which is not a multiple of four.

Similar to then, I don't think the structure of the site will serve as a hint to how many characters we get. Rather, if there's extra that don't complete a row, there will just be a odd number of characters for that last part.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig Don't sweat it. It is just a pet theory.

@ Arcanir Arcanir We still got a 9 x 4 grid on the character select screen in Brawl... hmmm...

I had always thought that we would get a 9 x 5 grid in SSB4 since 2009...

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Holy mac 'n cheese I missed a lot while I was away.

Of all the most recent leaks, which (if any) are the most believable/credible that I should check out? Thanks, boys.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I talked to a gamaestop employ today considering the legitimacy of the gamestop emp leaking it be out in fall he said:

- they dont get inside info they just sell games
- smash is not even registered in there systems yet
- unless they get 70 preodrerd no midnight release, they never have midnight release for wiiu and 3ds games.
- all he heard of when the game is coming is spring and summer and he gets that from ign
what do you all think of this info

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Holy mac 'n cheese I missed a lot while I was away.

Of all the most recent leaks, which (if any) are the most believable/credible that I should check out? Thanks, boys.
Believable? The Katakana leak and the MK8 leak, sort of. Credible? As usual, neither is particularly credible. The MK8 leaker is an established NeoGAF user with a reputation at stake, but the "leak" is a throwaway comment made in an unrelated thread about Mario Kart 8, not Smash. The Katakana leak was just a cryptic post on 4chan with a list of 48 characters in Japanese. Not at all credible, but certainly interesting, particularly in the ways it contradicts the trends we've seen in most leaks: there's no DK newcomer, no Mii, and the Fire Emblem newcomer is Lyn.

Both leaks are for a 48 character roster. The MK8 leak mentions that there will be 4 cuts, but doesn't name names for cuts or newcomers. The Katakana leak has no cuts, and also completely lacks any sort of explanation regarding where the info came from.

Both leaks have been posted in detail in the last 3-4 pages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom