• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hey guys. I boarded my plane now. Plane's got internet so I'll be popping in here in there for as long as my buddy isn't found out/ proven as a BSer XD. He's trustworthy though so hopefully not the latter.
To answer some questions. First of all, Banjodorf, chill out dude. I'm just trying to relay some info and you seem to be getting very worked up! Haha! I understand your skepticism however. I meant "info He should not have received" lightly. I wish I could tell you how he should have been able to obtain the info, but in the event he is found out due to me revealing his "source" (that may not even be the right word) I would not want any harm to be done to his relationship with the company. To put this is words you'll understand, he was in an exchange of information between two people, that he should not have been a part of.
So you claim the info was word of mouth rather than through text. Did he forget the names of certain characters like Shulk or Takamaru when he was speaking to you, or was this exchange of information between two people not a very formal exchange?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So you claim the info was word of mouth rather than through text. Did he forget the names of certain characters like Shulk or Takamaru when he was speaking to you, or was this exchange of information between two people not a very formal exchange?
Adding to that, let's explore some other possibilities. Did the person your source talked to not know the names of the characters either? Was this info recieved through a bad game of telephone, where the info was passed down from person to person to person until it became distorted? That's a possibility.

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
Where is your friend exactly? Japan? I think that's the only he can get this info.
Most definitely in the USA. I know he was somewhere where he could have obtained the information. But I will not sharre that. But I can promise you it would be where he would be able to get it.
Was there a list of Pokemon candidates Sakurai wanted playable? If so, which ones?
No clue. He was not near Sakurai at all. None of that info would probably get thrown around either. Only stuff that is confirmed being worked on or already finished would be known by my bud. I also doubt all of the smash creator's thoughts would be thrown around the office.
To answer your question from what I know though, Pikachu, Lucario, and Mewtwo are already 100% finished and ready. Jigglypuff I heard nothing about. But, from my personal opinion, I don't think she is necessary anymore. Unless she is finally a Wigglytuff XD. Pokemon Trainer, my bud heard very little about. I'll text him later about it. But I know a rework was being done. Whether that means the same pokemon or not, I would not know.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Most definitely in the USA. I know he was somewhere where he could have obtained the information. But I will not sharre that. But I can promise you it would be where he would be able to get it.

No clue. He was not near Sakurai at all. None of that info would probably get thrown around either. Only stuff that is confirmed being worked on or already finished would be known by my bud. I also doubt all of the smash creator's thoughts would be thrown around the office.
To answer your question from what I know though, Pikachu, Lucario, and Mewtwo are already 100% finished and ready. Jigglypuff I heard nothing about. But, from my personal opinion, I don't think she is necessary anymore. Unless she is finally a Wigglytuff XD. Pokemon Trainer, my bud heard very little about. I'll text him later about it. But I know a rework was being done. Whether that means the same pokemon or not, I would not know.
So any other veterans he mentioned besides those Pokemon. :p

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Sakura's thoughts wouldn't be thrown around the office, yet with a statement like this

"Sakurai (Japanese guy making the game) wants to make the game cater more to Western fans rather than Japanese due to a lot of Japanese characters being unrecognizable by kids in America. Wants very recognizable characters from the most popular franchises with an occasional curveball. Id assume the Japanese recognizable characters would be assist trophies."

that seems to be exactly one of the things that happened.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Most definitely in the USA. I know he was somewhere where he could have obtained the information. But I will not sharre that. But I can promise you it would be where he would be able to get it..

If you wanna prove this real, you gotta tell us the place, time, people, color of shoes that they were wearing.

The shoes matter bra.

Last edited:

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
Do you know what the villagers and Megamans Final Smashes are? That'd be pretty useful info.
Nothing on that. Sorry. I would hope Villager would release bees though. That would see, like something the character would do.
People have been getting mad at me for not knowing these characters names XD. Sorry I do not play them! But I am pretty sure that is who he was talking about if I had to guess. I don't know how the exchange went that would make him come to me with vague details like that. After looking through the internet, those characters seem to fit the bill. Hinata seemed to be on the right track with the "Bad game of telephone" comment. If the players of telephone were two people who would be expected to know the info, and my friend was there at the time. That's not how it went down. But it's an easy way to explain it.

Ascended

Smash Ace
I'm also going to need the position of the moon relative to Jupiter, plus temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius and humidity.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm also going to need the position of the moon relative to Jupiter, plus temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius and humidity.
That'd be too easy.

What we really need is the exact spot these "people" we're at. Complete with latitude and longitude.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
I respect what you are doing for us all and I thank you for that...But I just can not believe you or your friend for that matter. That newcomer list just sounds awful dawg. Don't mean to be mean but Toad? Hawlucha? and Miis yet again -_-. Just no. (Man this topic is turning me too an asshole :/)

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
Sakura's thoughts wouldn't be thrown around the office, yet with a statement like this

"Sakurai (Japanese guy making the game) wants to make the game cater more to Western fans rather than Japanese due to a lot of Japanese characters being unrecognizable by kids in America. Wants very recognizable characters from the most popular franchises with an occasional curveball. Id assume the Japanese recognizable characters would be assist trophies."

that seems to be exactly one of the things that happened.
The thing you quoted there, is exactly words from my friend. That does seem to help the case of him BSing. But knowing my friend, he could have worded it like that to just explain how the games development was going.
When I said Sakurai's thoughts wouldn't be thrown around the office, it was because the comment I was replying to asked for what Sakurai himself was planning. My friend did not speak to Sakurai nor has he ever

If you wanna prove this real, you gotta tell us the place, time, people, color of shoes that they were wearing.

The shoes matter bra.
Nike IDed Roshes. Haha of course I do not know that. CONFIRMED FAKE. Kidding, but that's all the info I feel comfortable giving.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nothing on that. Sorry. I would hope Villager would release bees though. That would see, like something the character would do.

People have been getting mad at me for not knowing these characters names XD. Sorry I do not play them! But I am pretty sure that is who he was talking about if I had to guess. I don't know how the exchange went that would make him come to me with vague details like that. After looking through the internet, those characters seem to fit the bill. Hinata seemed to be on the right track with the "Bad game of telephone" comment. If the players of telephone were two people who would be expected to know the info, and my friend was there at the time. That's not how it went down. But it's an easy way to explain it.

I'm very sorry, I did not mean to be rude or come off as being mad at you. It's just that my optics are in skeptical mode and... well I like to talk about details that stick out.

So anyhow. Yes, so somehow or another he overheard something he should not have, perhaps didn't remember the characters's names but remembered their origins enough. And apparently by pure happenstance found himself punching out of work with alot of possible info. I'll be honest, that's quite the story.

You claimed you'd update again later with stages and veteran info and such. I presume you'll do that when you get off your plane?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hinata seemed to be on the right track with the "Bad game of telephone" comment. If the players of telephone were two people who would be expected to know the info, and my friend was there at the time. That's not how it went down. But it's an easy way to explain it.
I figured as much. If your friend was told this info straight to his face, I'd imagine he'd remember the details. This game is really hyped up, after all, so if you were told details about it, you'd do your best to engrave the details into your mind. Not forget the names of the characters you were told.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The thing you quoted there, is exactly words from my friend. That does seem to help the case of him BSing. But knowing my friend, he could have worded it like that to just explain how the games development was going.
When I said Sakurai's thoughts wouldn't be thrown around the office, it was because the comment I was replying to asked for what Sakurai himself was planning. My friend did not speak to Sakurai nor has he ever
What I don't get is Toad.
Doesn't 6 Mario reps seem, a bit much, to you?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I respect what you are doing for us all and I thank you for that...But I just can not believe you or your friend for that matter. That newcomer list just sounds awful dawg. Don't mean to be mean but Toad? Hawlucha? and Miis yet again -_-. Just no. (Man this topic is turning me too an ******* :/)
The only real concerns about this is Toad and Hawlucha. Other than that, I think the rest is fine.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hawlucha? That alone is good sign that this rumor is utter bull****. I mean, why Sakurai would choose such a random Pokemon? I get Pichu's inclusion since it was popular during 2nd Gen, but Hawlucha for 6 Gen is really pushing it.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
That's interesting...I feel like your friend just might be playing with you. This has happened to another user already and it concluded with his friend messing with him, or supposedly "that some was real, but I can't tell you what is!". I guess there's not much we can really ask you, with it possibly putting your friend in danger. Hope he's not just messing with us for a quick laugh, contrary to what I said earlier lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hawlucha? That alone is good sign that this rumor is utter bull****. I mean, why Sakurai would choose such a random Pokemon? I get Pichu's inclusion since it was popular during 2nd Gen, but Hawlucha for 6 Gen is really pushing it.
Cause random I'm assuming.
Still not as bad as Jumpman though.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea picking Hawlucha kinda reminds me of the other leak picking Eevee. That one was very strange.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what to think honestly. Sakurai said that he picks Pokemon reps after doing a lot of research, what's unique, as well as seeing which ones were the topic of conversation/are hot. Can't really see Hawlucha filling that spot. There so many different Pokemon to choose from though, you never know.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Ah crap. Anna said it was a dare.

Everything I said were the result of a Truth or Dare with me and some friends. There is no truth to this and these are merely my guesses. I was dared to post my predictions and I obliged and was not allowed say it was a dare until March. So, yeah. Sorry, boys.
She lied. :(

Oldsmashfan4232

Banned via Warnings
I'm very sorry, I did not mean to be rude or come off as being mad at you. It's just that my optics are in skeptical mode and... well I like to talk about details that stick out.

You claimed you'd update again later with stages and veteran info and such. I presume you'll do that when you get off your plane?
Still on my plane. But I was told about a Café stage on the 3DS based on the one from Pokemon X and Y. A Mario Kart 8 stage on the Wii U that to my knowledge, is like the F Zero stages but the screen will flip upside down and to the right and left due to the gravitational elements of the Mario Kart title. I'll need to check my notes for more info on the stages. A new item is the beetle from The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. I haven't a clue how it works. I know that most veterans are planned to return. At least, that's the plan. In regards to my Jigglypuff comment, I didn't hear anything on her specifically and the question almost specifically questioned her inclusion. I'd imagine she's included if the "all veterans" thing is to be believed.

To the questions on Hawlucha. I know just about as much on you guys do on why he would be included. But according to my friend as I said earlier, he is a major component/mascot to a future pokemon fighting game title on the Wii U. I'd imagine because he's a luchador fighter.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I respect what you are doing for us all and I thank you for that...But I just can not believe you or your friend for that matter.
This, I don't believe it either but this thread is for rumors and leaks. Finally, something to talk about!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Hawlucha is actually pretty popular nowadays. :p
I wouldn't call bull on it just yet, Hawlucha may be our new mascot of Pokemon soon like Lucario. :p
Yeah, after Greninja, Hawlucha is probably one of the most popular Gen 6 Pokémon.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
These 'leaks' are making me sick.

I don't even want a legit leak . I just want these bottom feeders to stop wasting mine and many others time with such asinine wishlists portrayed as reliable information from an actual developer or inside source. The reliable source or friends working at Sora are getting me really irritated. Especially the idiocy in the thought process, as if every worker who works on this game knows Sakurai personally, or like such a renown company would let information to such magnitudes out. What gain do they get? To get people like me fed up with leaks and get people like me irritated? And if there is a legit leak lurking, our ability to recognize it is obstructed because of these attention seekers.

It's how the philosopher, Harry G. Frankfurt, describes bull****:

“The fact about himself that the liar hides is that he is attempting to lead us away from a correct apprehension of reality; we are not to know that he wants us to believe something he supposes to be false. The fact about himself that the bull****ter hides, on the other hand, is that the truth-values of his statements are of no central interest to him . . . He does not care whether the things he says describe reality correctly. He just picks them out, or makes them up, to suit his purpose."

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yeah, after Greninja, Hawlucha is probably one of the most popular Gen 6 Pokémon.
I agree that he's up there, but I think Sylveon, Talonflame, Pangoro, Aegislash, the 2 Legendaries, and the other starters come before Hawlucha. But yes, he's up there.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Hawlucha would be so awesome, but stacked up against veterans like Charizard and Mewtwo, I don't think that's the most likely choice.
It does match up with that trademark Gamefreak registered in August. "Pokkén Fighters."
Could cause quite the uproar though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom