• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Was looking over at gamefaqs and there is a new leak from that Nintja fellow from earlier

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68712833

Hey guys sorry have not been able to give you guys more information sooner but just got some new information for you guys I think you guys would like to hear.

Stages
A Mario Party stage- the stage is a generic board, looks most like the tutorial board in the first mario party game. You see characters such as Koopa Kids and Toads have a Mario Party. There actions on the boards will affect the stage you battle on.

Saturn Valley- The area found in Earthbound, a peaceful battle area. Can see Mr. Saturns walking in the background

Rougeport- The seaport from the Paper Mario series. Another stage hazard free stage. Can see many of the Paper Mario partners walking around in the background coming in and out of buildings.

Gangplank Galleon- Fight on top of King K Rool's ship. Once in a while another ship filled with Kremlings will come by and attack the players on the ship with cannon balls.

These are the only new stages i was given. However I was told that we are getting Remakes of stages from the past 3 games. The ones mentioned to me was

Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City(64)
Yoshi's Isalnd (64)
Fountain of Dreams(GC)
Great Bay(GC)
Kongo Jungle (GC)
Princess Peach's Castle(GC)
Delfino Plaza (Wii)
Pirate Ship(Wii)
Skyworld(Wii)
Halberd(Wii)
Distant Planet(Wii)

Items
Several items have gone over major remodeling. Items shown already like the ray gun and the home run bat have already shown us this. Some new items i was told about include

Ice Flower-Freezes other players for a short duration
Propeller Hat- Allows players to jump higher and fall at a slower pace.
Blue Shell- Locks on to whoever has the most stocks and blows them up, if time battle locks on to whoever has the least percentage damage.
Tiki's Tear-Gives the player an attack boost for a short duration

My source did not give me more information regarding the characters but I am pushing for the information, so hopefully I can get it for you guys quickly.
Fake because 64 stages definitely won't return, and Rogueport? Really? It seems random to give so much attention to Paper Mario 2.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any rumour with more than 15 newcomers and no cuts (or just the one obligatory one) is wishful thinking.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Found it.

Hello everyone. I was given access to some information concerning the upcoming game. I can not give the source due to not wanting to get my source in jeopardy. So take this information at face value if you want but here is what I know about the game.

All veterans return from Brawl. Along with that Mewtwo as well as Roy will return, with a reworked play style.
The new assist trophies I was told of include:
Plum (Mario Golf 64)- Hits golf balls at opposing players
Lissa (Fire Emblem Awakening)- When summoned heals the summoner by half their damage
Adeleine (Kirby 64)- When summoned a canvas appears behind her and she paints enemies to attack the opposing players.
General Scales (Star Fox Adventures) – Jumps into the background and calls fourth sharpclaw troops to attack the other players.
As for characters, they told me due to having a bigger production team for this game they were able to produce more new characters than initially thought. The list is as follows

Wii Fit Trainer
The Villager
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac
Chrom/Lucina
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K Rool
Lip
Prince Sable
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Issac
Shulk
Palutena
Pac Man

They did not get really much into details for all the characters styles of gameplay but was able to get some information about a few.
Krystal- Will play like how Fox did from Star Fox Adventures. By having specials focused on the skills utilized in that game.
Chrom/Lucina- The reason they went with the tag team between the two was to acknowledge the team up gameplay style introduced in Fire Emblem Awakening
Dixie Kong- She will utilize her hair and some of her move sets will be taken from her sister Tiny’s gameplay from DK 64.

That is all I have for today once I get some more information on the remaining gameplay I will try to get it to you guys as soon as possible.

Nintja's earlier post. 17 newcomers is a rather large stretch, but the roster itself isn't terrible. It also fits in with that surge of recent "leaks" that claim there will be an unlockable Mario newcomer, for whatever that's worth.
The perfect leak. If only it were true...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Any rumour with more than 15 newcomers and no cuts (or just the one obligatory one) is wishful thinking.
That roster in general is wishful thinking, it has the magic newcomer words that personally makes me think it's fake:
Isaac..
Krystal..
And Bowser Jr..
The mods did ban the alt. account guy from earlier, didn't he admit he was fake?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
That roster in general is wishful thinking, it has the magic newcomer words that personally makes me think it's fake:
Isaac..
Krystal..
And Bowser Jr..
The mods did ban the alt. account guy from earlier, didn't he admit he was fake?
lol look at who you support compared to the characters you just discredited

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
lmao wait...do people actually think Bowser Jr. has a shot? I almost always automatically dismiss a leak with him in it. The roster is already over saturated with Mario characters. If anyone's gonna get another character, it would be Zelda and I'm pretty sure Toon Zelda would be the character.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
Although the alternative is a complete overhaul by throwing Baby Mario on his back and tweaking the moveset.
Everyone loves Yoshi, but he is rarely someone's first choice.
Revamping his character would add so much more flavour and fun to him.
I wil go rapidly off topic, I just had an idea for his moveset what if yoshi were designed with baby mario as duo character, idk maybe his final smash would be super baby mario or something

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Was looking over at gamefaqs and there is a new leak from that Nintja fellow from earlier

Hey guys sorry have not been able to give you guys more information sooner but just got some new information for you guys I think you guys would like to hear.

Stages
A Mario Party stage- the stage is a generic board, looks most like the tutorial board in the first mario party game. You see characters such as Koopa Kids and Toads have a Mario Party. There actions on the boards will affect the stage you battle on.

Saturn Valley- The area found in Earthbound, a peaceful battle area. Can see Mr. Saturns walking in the background

Rougeport- The seaport from the Paper Mario series. Another stage hazard free stage. Can see many of the Paper Mario partners walking around in the background coming in and out of buildings.

Gangplank Galleon- Fight on top of King K Rool's ship. Once in a while another ship filled with Kremlings will come by and attack the players on the ship with cannon balls.

These are the only new stages i was given. However I was told that we are getting Remakes of stages from the past 3 games. The ones mentioned to me was

Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City(64)
Yoshi's Isalnd (64)
Fountain of Dreams(GC)
Great Bay(GC)
Kongo Jungle (GC)
Delfino Plaza (Wii)
Pirate Ship(Wii)
Skyworld(Wii)
Halberd(Wii)
Distant Planet(Wii)

Items
Several items have gone over major remodeling. Items shown already like the ray gun and the home run bat have already shown us this. Some new items i was told about include

Blue Shell- Locks on to whoever has the most stocks and blows them up, if time battle locks on to whoever has the least percentage damage.

My source did not give me more information regarding the characters but I am pushing for the information, so hopefully I can get it for you guys quickly.
Rougeport would be great, along with Paper Mario ;)
Honestly though, I doubt we'll see a Paper Mario stage unless he's playable. Maybe a few music tracks and trophies. A blue shell item would be a nice addition to reveal with Mario Kart's release.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Fake because 64 stages definitely won't return, and Rogueport? Really? It seems random to give so much attention to Paper Mario 2.
Except that TYD is widely considered to be one of the greatest games of all time by many Nintendo fans.

Found it.

Hello everyone. I was given access to some information concerning the upcoming game. I can not give the source due to not wanting to get my source in jeopardy. So take this information at face value if you want but here is what I know about the game.

All veterans return from Brawl. Along with that Mewtwo as well as Roy will return, with a reworked play style.
The new assist trophies I was told of include:
Plum (Mario Golf 64)- Hits golf balls at opposing players
Lissa (Fire Emblem Awakening)- When summoned heals the summoner by half their damage
Adeleine (Kirby 64)- When summoned a canvas appears behind her and she paints enemies to attack the opposing players.
General Scales (Star Fox Adventures) – Jumps into the background and calls fourth sharpclaw troops to attack the other players.
As for characters, they told me due to having a bigger production team for this game they were able to produce more new characters than initially thought. The list is as follows

Wii Fit Trainer
The Villager
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac
Chrom/Lucina
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K Rool
Lip
Prince Sable
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Issac
Shulk
Palutena
Pac Man

They did not get really much into details for all the characters styles of gameplay but was able to get some information about a few.
Krystal- Will play like how Fox did from Star Fox Adventures. By having specials focused on the skills utilized in that game.
Chrom/Lucina- The reason they went with the tag team between the two was to acknowledge the team up gameplay style introduced in Fire Emblem Awakening
Dixie Kong- She will utilize her hair and some of her move sets will be taken from her sister Tiny’s gameplay from DK 64.

That is all I have for today once I get some more information on the remaining gameplay I will try to get it to you guys as soon as possible.

Nintja's earlier post. 17 newcomers is a rather large stretch, but the roster itself isn't terrible. It also fits in with that surge of recent "leaks" that claim there will be an unlockable Mario newcomer, for whatever that's worth.
Incredible roster, but once again, the lack of Takamaru makes me incredibly wary.

Stages

Hyrule Castle (64)
Saffron City(64)
Yoshi's Isalnd (64)
Fountain of Dreams(GC)
Great Bay(GC)
Kongo Jungle (GC)
Delfino Plaza (Wii)
Pirate Ship(Wii)
Skyworld(Wii)
Halberd(Wii)
Distant Planet(Wii)

Items

I would love all of these stages, although I wonder the point of having both Gangplank Galleon and Pirate Ship.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
There's only one "leak" in the OP (NotSakurai, pffffft) that mentions Tiki tear and it contradicts that other gamefaqs leak.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
But it's sakurai's home country so he probably has higher piroity for them. I forgot to post those from the poll the other day.
Really? I don't get the impression he has a higher priority for them, espescially after Little Mac's reveal; it seems more like he's trying to pander to both sides this time around.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Isaac..
Krystal..
And Bowser Jr..
Isaac makes you think the leak is fake?

fill

20EggsEggs
Takamaru isn't the guarenteed retro, but I can see where you are coming from. :p
can't remember who but someone said that once little mac was revealed the japanese forums had "well there goes takamaru's chances" posted everywhere lol...it's possible though that little mac was the NA character (like ROB in brawl) so maybe takamaru is still in. Don't know if that hurts Ridleys chances any, but i can't seem to ever guess what sakurai will do lol

*somehow i skipped over silverhood's post*

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I don't get it when people say there won't be 6 Mario characters. I understand where you're coming from, and I don't think it is all that likely either, but it's Mario, the series that made Nintendo what it is. Pokemon has 6 in Brawl, so it has been done by another series (which will probably get pushed to 7 when Mewtwo returns.) Mario had 5 in Melee, albeit one was a clone, but still 5 nonetheless. There were 5 intended for Brawl as well.

All I'm saying is don't completely rule it out just yet.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
I doubt they are gonna bring back Roy which is why I feel its fake.....but outside of Bowser jr....The cast is pretty good for most part. I rather have Takamaru but thats wishful thinking in my case

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As I said in that thread in regards to it, Japan is no different from any other place, you have people that can see beyond their own bubble while there are other then can't.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So strange that Ridley, Mac, Palutena, Chrom and K Rool are far less popular in japan than over here. Daisy is more popular than them in japan haha
Anyway the leak with Bowser JR. doesn't seem right.... because of bowser jr....

andimidna

Smash Master
lmao wait...do people actually think Bowser Jr. has a shot? I almost always automatically dismiss a leak with him in it. The roster is already over saturated with Mario characters. If anyone's gonna get another character, it would be Zelda and I'm pretty sure Toon Zelda would be the character.
I don't think a clone newcomer is something we should be expecting.
Returning semi-clones? Sure, definitely.
Newcomer clones? This goes against a lot of what Sakurai has said. He needs to focus on balancing returning characters, and fixing previous content, and will most likely only add a few newcomers. And I'm guessing all of these newcomers will provide something very unique, to make up for the lack of them. Toon Zelda couldn't really bring anything, especially if Sakurai doesn't even think Toon Link could bring anything unique. And Toon Link definitely could. Yet Sakurai wants 2 Links with the same moveset, for some reason.

All Toon Zelda really has is light arrows, which is Zelda's Final Smash.
(Not counting anything from the Spirit Tracks incarnation, as she's an assist trophy)

I don't think a clone newcomer is something we should be expecting.
Returning semi-clones? Sure, definitely.
Newcomer clones? This goes against a lot of what Sakurai has said. He needs to focus on balancing returning characters, and fixing previous content, and will most likely only add a few newcomers. And I'm guessing all of these newcomers will provide something very unique, to make up for the lack of them. Toon Zelda couldn't really bring anything, especially if Sakurai doesn't even think Toon Link could bring anything unique. And Toon Link definitely could. Yet Sakurai wants 2 Links with the same moveset, for some reason.

All Toon Zelda really has is light arrows, which is Zelda's Final Smash.
(Not counting anything from the Spirit Tracks incarnation, as she's an assist trophy)
While I agree that's what he should be doing, we were also saying things like this prior to Brawl. I would never outright dismiss that there could be new derivative characters.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
can't remember who but someone said that once little mac was revealed the japanese forums had "well there goes takamaru's chances" posted everywhere lol...it's possible though that little mac was the NA character (like ROB in brawl) so maybe takamaru is still in. Don't know if that hurts Ridleys chances any, but i can't seem to ever guess what sakurai will do lol

*somehow i skipped over silverhood's post*
I think that was me, they still seem to be rooting for him from what I can tell. One person brought up the fact that Sakurai said that PIt, Samus, and Link were all born in 1986. Takamaru was also born during this time and he thinks he will include him to finish the FDS group.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I feel like people who think Mario deserves more newcomers are way too Nintendo casual and have played nothing but Smash Bros and Mario games (occasionally Pokemon) on Nintendo consoles.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I feel like people who think Mario deserves more newcomers are way too Nintendo casual and have played nothing but Smash Bros and Mario games (occasionally Pokemon) on Nintendo consoles.
I think 6 is fine. I don't consider myself a casual gamer.

andimidna

Smash Master
While I agree that's what he should be doing, we were also saying things like this prior to Brawl. I would never outright dismiss that there could be new derivative characters.
Well, in Brawl the newcomers had new moves, but these ones actually add completely unique gimmicks.
-item pocket
-projectile smash
-puppet team
-gravitational pull
-KO meter

And yet Wii Fit Trainer is the most surprising of them all just for being there.
She even has
-male swap

Sure Wario had a motorcycle, ZSS brought a new type of transformation, and Pit and Meta Knight could fly in a unique way, but it's not quite as prominent as it is now.
Plus, Brawl added a lot of characters...

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Actually in regards to Takamaru, I've seen quite of few Japanese posts on various sites bringing up the "1986 comment". I guess when I heard him say that I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't think so many other people would catch on. I guess I would be surprised if he didn't get in looking at that comment.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of people just don't care for rosalina being the sole new mario newcomer (can't really say i disagree..) anyway mario is arguably the biggest franchise nintendo has so i don't see the harm in 6 reps, especially when the series as a whole has a such a large cast of fairly memorable characters

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I think 6 is fine. I don't consider myself a casual gamer.
Paper Mario VS Paper Luigi

I think a lot of people just don't care for rosalina being the new mario newcomer (can't really say i disagree..) anyway mario is arguably the biggest franchise nintendo has so i don't see the harm in 6 reps
She was the most requested on Miiverse
recency+popularity+requested+uniqueness=good shot at playable
With her in 3d world and the Galaxy stage reveal, people should have seen this coming.
The only negative responses to her I saw were here.
Is there really a better pick? The fact that we got such a unique character first, makes me doubtful.
We have, at most, 12 newcomers left. And that's AT MOST. It's probably a few less than that. I don't see Mario taking priority over everything else twice.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Paper Mario VS Paper Luigi
I'd actually consider Paper Mario as it's own IP. I feel like Mario and Luigi in Paper Mario are way more different personality-wise. Luigi can talk in full sentences, etc.

Though, I'd rather see fresh faces than more Mario stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom