• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Nope, six is WAY too much. That's like 2-3x more than each franchise gets (6x if you count Metroid, F-Zero, etc).
Melee had five. So in terms of reps, six after Brawl wouldn't be so bad. But there are a lot of other newcomer possibilities that should have a higher priority though.

Edit: I will say that I'm biased due to Paper Mario being my "Most Wanted". And I do like Mario games. I just wanted to state that personally I'm fine with 6 Mario reps and I play a lot of different Nintendo games.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd actually consider Paper Mario as it's own IP. I feel like Mario and Luigi in Paper Mario are way more different personality-wise. Luigi can talk in full sentences, etc.

Though, I'd rather see fresh faces than more Mario stuff.
Well, the Luigi is the same exact Luigi.

Luigi may say few words in 3d, but saying complete sentences in a 2d artstyle isn't exactly going to make him a good fighter.
Personality doesn't affect movesets.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I like how people discredit the 'wishful thinking' rosters or say it's unlikely and it's more of a dream roster. I'm going to seriously bust a gut if the final roster has a lot of safe newcomers.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's a fairly unlikely conclusion that the final roster will have all "safe" newcomers, there's gotta be a few out-there choices that the community hasn't talked about.

Now I'm pretty curious if there are Japanese leaks out there in Japan websites.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
It's a fairly unlikely conclusion that the final roster will have all "safe" newcomers, there's gotta be a few out-there choices that the community hasn't talked about.

I'd say the only safe newcomers are:
-A new Metroid newcomer (Ridley/Anthony/Adam/Hunters)
-A new Fire Emblem Awakening newcomer (Chrom/MU/Lucina)
-A new Kid Icarus newcomer (Palutena/Hades)

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman

im surprised we don't have someone on this site that has found anything

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Nope, six is WAY too much. That's like 2-3x more than each franchise gets (6x if you count Metroid, F-Zero, etc).
I honestly think 6 is good enough for Main Series Mario games. I dont consider it oversaturation as much with Mario considering it's one of Nintendo's oldest series and spans more games than Legend of Zelda and Pokemon combined if I'm not misaken.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i think 6 is a fine amount. Pokemon in brawl had six characters, Mario in melee had 5 reps. (and for me, i think that Paper Mario isn't a sole Mario character, like Yoshi and Wario,so I don't think he counts as a Mario character.) [Bowser Jr. is though]

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I'd just like to say that any leak that uses the "But Namco Bandai is working on this too guyz!!!!" as an excuse to include a lot of newcomers is fake. Not simply because of having so many newcommers, but because they make it sound like Nintendo was taken completely by surprise with their partnership with Namco Bandai.

It's not like Namco randomly jumped on board and Sakurai was like "well better think of something to do with you, so um... make a crap-ton of new characters I guess." In fact, I suspect long before this game entered development Nintendo knew they would be partnering with someone (they were going to make both a WiiU and 3DS version afterall), they just didn't know who, as who was contingent upon who would agree obviously.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I think an actual trainer from pokemon would be a lot cooler than calling him just "Pokemon Trainer"...

Like Red or Blue would be better.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Wii Fit trainer is the out-there choice already. I think that most leaks won't have some crazy character everyone hates because we already have it. er... her... him? Not that I'm against Wii Fit trainer in fact I'm considering maining her. but thats besides the point.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wii Fit trainer is the out-there choice already. I think that most leaks won't have some crazy character everyone hates because we already have it. er... her... him?
Doesn't mean that there couldn't be more out-there choices. By that logic, we should expect more out-there choices because we already have Megaman and Pac-Man. :p

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd say the only safe characters are:
-A new Metroid newcomer (Ridley)
-A new DK newcomer (Dixie/Cranky/KRool)
-A "new" Fire Emblem character(Chrom/MU/Lucina/Anna/Tiki/Roy)
-A new Kid Icarus newcomer (Palutena/Medusa)
-A new retro character (Takamaru/Lip/Sheriff/Daitoryo)
-A new un-represented series character (Shulk/Isaac/Saki/Wonder Red/many more)
-Another 3rd party character (Snake/Pac-Man/Bayonetta)
-Brawl + Mewtwo returns
- Unlike many, I think we're getting a Zelda newcomer (Midna/Ghirahim/Impa/Toon Zelda/Tetra/Vaati/Tingle/Yuga/a couple more that are less likely)
Changed to my opinions. Not saying "fix'd"
Just using the style of what you said to put what I think.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Not to be rude, but I think this discussion belongs here. Sorry for the not-mod modding, but for those that follow the stream of leaks here, it becomes hard to keep up when this thread gets consistently off-topic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not to be rude, but I think this discussion belongs here. Sorry for the not-mod modding, but for those that follow the stream of leaks here, it becomes hard to keep up when this thread gets consistently off-topic.
It's fine. Many mods will say a good thing to do is get stuff back on topic...

And to be fair, this thread goes off-topic a lot.
Heck, I remember one time it got to the point where even the mods acknowledged the lack of leaks.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Seriously, everybody seems to expect 50+ characters now. What's up with that?

Back in the pre-Brawl days, everybody seemed to naturally assume we were getting 40-45. That kind of character jump was unrealistic then, and it's unrealistic now. You can't say "Oh, we got like 18 new guys last time, we'll get that many again, right?". They still have to make all the old characters as well. It wasn't even that many, Toon Link, Lucas and Wolf don't really count.

Don't expect this game to have more than 45 characters; even that's pushing it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were only about eight newcomers total with cuts from Brawl, and you shouldn't be either.

Anyway, this is pretty off-topic, so I'll finish by saying: Any leak that tells you you're getting loads of characters is absolutely fake, because it's just not going to happen.

Good lord, son, learn to manage your expectations. I hope you're trolling.
As long as one is Ridley

717op.png

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
And then in a PotD he countered that by saying they were polishing and adding content to make it filled with content.

Honestly at this point. I think middle ground is what to expect. Not too much more than Brawl. Not less than Brawl.

Both sides are probably wrong.
Thats why people say 10-12 because its Melee-ish amount of newcomers.

We already have 5 announced so only 5-7 more going by that.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
I don't think people hyped Ridley as much as when that Samus's rival comment was said by Sakurai.

At first, I thought it was confirmed he was a stage hazard.

Then months passed, leaks say he is playable, further teasing with sizing, I think it's safe to say he's playable.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like how people discredit the 'wishful thinking' rosters or say it's unlikely and it's more of a dream roster. I'm going to seriously bust a gut if the final roster has a lot of safe newcomers.
That's definitely not going to happen. Don't let every other Smash game fool you, we're getting nothing but "unique" shockers from here on out. Just like Little Mac.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's definitely not going to happen. Don't let every other Smash game fool you, we're getting nothing but "unique" shockers from here on out. Just like Little Mac.
Well, I wouldn't call Little Mac a "shocker".
But I see what you mean...

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I saw something about Takamaru and a 1986 comment a page or two back, what is that? Is it a leak or something being misquoted from Sakurai like always?

Also, is Paper Mario popular over in Japan? Cause if so, can someone go digging for a Japan Paper Mario leak? :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really? I don't get the impression he has a higher priority for them, espescially after Little Mac's reveal; it seems more like he's trying to pander to both sides this time around.
Maybe sakurai just had him ready for the direct before anyone else? Although you could be right it seems balanced.

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
What makes you think we will only get "shockers" from here on out? I think some of the popular choices like Palutena, Ridley, and Mewtwo are extremely likely.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What makes you think we will only get "shockers" from here on out? I think some of the popular choices like Palutena, Ridley, and Mewtwo are extremely likely.
No way! They're definitely not extremely likely! Too safe! Boring! People actually want them! La la la...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I saw something about Takamaru and a 1986 comment a page or two back, what is that? Is it a leak or something being misquoted from Sakurai like always?

Also, is Paper Mario popular over in Japan? Cause if so, can someone go digging for a Japan Paper Mario leak? :p
I would like to know about paper mario someone told me yes but I haven't seen any evidence yet.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
As long as one is Ridley

View attachment 9625
OMG this leak 2 legit. Sauce?

But srsly, Ridley's totally happening.
But more srsly, Ridley's never happening.

An enemy from Samus's past may appea--- MOTHER BRAIN ASSIST TROPHY.
That was it, what are you still waiting for?

Anyway, more on-topic: Are there any characters that haven't been showing up in leaks much, or are all bases pretty much evenly covered? From experience, I would bet the final roster is nothing like any predictions or fake leaks we've seen.

Dairz

Smash Ace
InB4iamSakamoto loololollo
It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers (Dark Phazon) awoke in bed transformed into Sakurai.

Anyways, I'm keeping my eye on the 2PAT leak. Odds are its fake, but I like the chance that Toad could be playable.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I think it's weird that people talk about Mario being overrepresented, it's a franchise that's been around almost for about 30 years. With multiple spinoffs. Zelda is underrepresented, for sure, but it's not like the Mario characters aren't deserving. They're all iconic(outside of Rosalina, and the Galaxy games are HUGE). It's unlikely many more Mario reps are deserving at this point, but we're in to C-list characters for a lot of franchises now. I'm not trying to attack anyone's tastes, I just don't get it.

lol A Mario Party stage sounds fun. I'll give that leak credit for that.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Found this while looking for leaks, I've never seen this one discussed.
One lie that stands out is that whole Ice Climbers thing.

Anyone who has played several 3DS games have seen what the 3DS is capable of. Anyone remember the chapter in Kid Icarus Uprising where they broke the fourth wall (like they did throughout the game) in the Chaos Realm where Pit fights WAVES upon WAVES of enemies. Each enemy had their own unique AI going on and ranged from scale and size. I don't believe they reduced Pikmin count or had trouble with Ice Climbers when I've seen what should stress out the 3DS be implemented so well. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate also comes to mind with even two giant monsters on the field with unique behaviors and AI.

I mean, they could have had issues with Ice Climbers, but I doubt it's on the level the leaker mentions with "3DS hardware restrictions" when I've seen more ambitious implementation in other games.

That's my little rant.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just thought of something...

When did Sal Romano (May have butchered his name) receive his tip?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I honestly think 6 is good enough for Main Series Mario games. I dont consider it oversaturation as much with Mario considering it's one of Nintendo's oldest series and spans more games than Legend of Zelda and Pokemon combined if I'm not misaken.
I personally feel that Mario series warrants 6 characters this time...

Smash 64 added two: Mario & Luigi
Melee added two: Bowser & Peach (Dr. Mario was added as a last minute filler clone)
Brawl added none
SSB4 could add two: Rosalina & someone else (why cannot it be Toad?! :cry:)

D

Deleted member

One lie that stands out is that whole Ice Climbers thing.

Anyone who has played several 3DS games have seen what the 3DS is capable of. Anyone remember the chapter in Kid Icarus Uprising where they broke the fourth wall (like they did throughout the game) in the Chaos Realm where Pit fights WAVES upon WAVES of enemies. Each enemy had their own unique AI going on and ranged from scale and size. I don't believe they reduced Pikmin count or had trouble with Ice Climbers when I've seen what should stress out the 3DS be implemented so well. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate also comes to mind with even two giant monsters on the field with unique behaviors and AI.

I mean, they could have had issues with Ice Climbers, but I doubt it's on the level the leaker mentions with "3DS hardware restrictions" when I've seen more ambitious implementation in other games.

That's my little rant.
Except that.....Sakurai brought up that "multiple character combatants like the Ice Climbers were proving to be a technical challenge on the 3DS".

Don't get me wrong, that leak is fake. But not for that reason.
Want something that really stands out? The fact that there was no knowledge of the "Palutena leak" on the date the post for this leak was supposedly made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom