• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Leak discusssion pls.
We're on the border of character discussion again.
Andy would be a nice addition [loved AW:DS],
but I believe we are missing out on some great leaks,
due to expecting them to be on Faqs, Chan, or Gaf.
We need to get in touch with someone in Japan,
so we can compare our leaks with theirs.
Who thinks they can accomplish such a mission?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
The more I think about it, 48 seems like about what we should expect. 12 new characters is still a nice upgrade without completely throwing the balance off and those choices are all ones that I can see as being really unique, plus the series are (mostly) well represented and almost half of the newcomers are female! I still doubt this leak is real, but I think the real roster might look a lot like this one in terms of size and what kinds of characters to expect. Here's a visual representation:

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
With this leak half the roster has been revealed, with 12 revealed at E3 and currently 12 more post E3. If twelve more characters are revealed from now until this years E3, then the remaining unconfirmed 12 could be revealed after the game is released. Of course that is if this leak is actually legit.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
With this leak half the roster has been revealed, with 12 revealed at E3 and currently 12 more post E3. If twelve more characters are revealed from now until this years E3, then the remaining unconfirmed 12 could be revealed after the game is released. Of course that is if this leak is actually legit.
Considering E3 is in June and we've been getting 2 characters a month pretty consistently for a while now, I'd say we'll get six revealed between now and then, with perhaps 3 more revealed at E3, leaving 15 "secret" until the game releases. Again, if this leak is legit.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm calling 100% fake on that katakana "leak" for one reason: No Mii

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The more I think about it, 48 seems like about what we should expect. 12 new characters is still a nice upgrade without completely throwing the balance off and those choices are all ones that I can see as being really unique, plus the series are (mostly) well represented and almost half of the newcomers are female! I still doubt this leak is real, but I think the real roster might look a lot like this one in terms of size and what kinds of characters to expect. Here's a visual representation:

The sad thing is I both love/hate this roster. It's safe, but not too safe, it just feels like it's lacking something. It's probably the fact that DK doesn't have a third rep.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I talked to a gamaestop employ today considering the legitimacy of the gamestop emp leaking it be out in fall he said:

- they dont get inside info they just sell games
- smash is not even registered in there systems yet
- unless they get 70 preodrerd no midnight release, they never have midnight release for wiiu and 3ds games.
- all he heard of when the game is coming is spring and summer and he gets that from ign

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like and dislike this new leak at the same time. The new additions are great, even Tingle, however I do want characters like Isaac and a DK rep. That being said, DKCTF was the perfect time to create hype by announcing a DK newcomer and it didn't happen. Maybe there's not another coming?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Just so I can kill this argument...

Before smash bros. was what it is today, it was a fighting game called Dragon King that Sakurai developed :

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Dragon_King:_The_Fighting_Game

It features a bunch of fighters with styles inspired by Kamen Rider, or it's equivalent, Power Rangers. Captain Falcon is indeed the Dragon King, and a lot of his moves come from the game, if not all of them.

It worked for Captain Falcon for the same reason it worked for characters like Fox and arguably Yoshi who is in many ways a vehicle himself: They had a nich. Falcon was a bounty hunter in a flashy costume, Fox is a mercenary with high tech equipment, and Yoshi could just kick the **** out of you with his Tims. Even though most of it was made up it was true to character.

So what can't it work for someone like Andy, Sami, Eagle or whoever ? Well it can, but it's not likely. It would be very hard to implement moves that are made up that stay true to the gimmick of the game. I mean they did do it for Marth, but he already fought so it's a no brainer, but making a commanding officer work while implementing mechanics that are interesting (not just send out tanks) would be hard and may look awkward since the characters are wielding real weapons, which Sakurai for some reason does not want to support. Not to mention that advance wars is just one of thoseniche games that was amazing but was outshined by Fire Emblem. F-Zero, Star Fox and the like were major contenders from home consoles and really big during their time.

I love Advance Wars; hell I still play Dual Strike. Do I expect a character from the games to be playable ? No, not really, so I just move on. In the end I just learn to love whoever they put in smash. I never played Animal Crossing or Wii Fit, but I'm loving the characters so far; they grow on you.
Oh you mean unlikely like:

Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villiger (Who Sakurai himself doubted moveset potential)
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch

Your argument is terrible because anyone after the fact can say "Oh it just makes sense to make them do what they currently do". But the fact is your argument can be applied to a lot of the Smash Bros roster and has been to a few characters. You'd have to look at all those characters and make up flimsy exceptions as to why it works for them and not whatever character you're arguing against ... ah ... I see you've already done that. Carry on then.

Shroob

Sup?
That new leak is very, very nice, but like every 'leak', I'm not going to believe it until more credible evidence is given. What makes this more credible than the countless others?

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
E3 Leak guy.
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros
According to this article, they were tipped off the week before E3, so sometime between the 3rd and 9th of June.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996
This is the original post. 10th of June, the day before the E3 Direct.

Despite saying in the article that the six were supposed to be E3 reveals, I think the leak is likely to be real. Sal Romano is the editor-in-chief of Gematsu, a professional gaming blog. I can't see him just making stuff up like that; especially seeing as he first posted the leak as a prediction.

Personally, I think the only characters that were definitely going to be shown at E3 were Villager and Mega Man. I suspect Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Mii and Pac-Man were all prepared, and a decision on which to reveal was made later. Hence why WFT wasn't part of the original trailer.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This just got posted to /v/... Anybody here who can read Katakana?

Link to thread: http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/234279758
Best "leak" so far.

Ridley, Lyndis, Lip, Pac-Man and Takamaru, plus the newcomers already revealed would more than enough to me.
It features a bunch of fighters with styles inspired by Kamen Rider, or it's equivalent, Power Rangers.
Power Rangers are the equivalent to Super Sentai, not Kamen Rider.

Last edited:

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
People say that leaks are not true without Mii as playable, however the Villager could very well be the Mii. In Animal Crossing, you can wear Mii masks. Villager uses bowling balls and boxing gloves--Wii Sports moves--it's possible that Mii is just a costume for Villager.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
People say that leaks are not true without Mii as playable, however the Villager could very well be the Mii. In Animal Crossing, you can wear Mii masks. Villager uses bowling balls and boxing gloves--Wii Sports moves--it's possible that Mii is just a costume for Villager.
I can asure you that won't be the face, for many reasons. ^^

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think if people are making fake leaks, they should include Lyn more often. Chrom might be the new big shot in town, but we know Sakurai is making an effort with female characters, and Lyn is as big as they get in the FE series, and could be another AT upgrade.

Imagine how awesome her HD design would be - going on how awesome Marth looks.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I think if people are making fake leaks, they should include Lyn more often. Chrom might be the new big shot in town, but we know Sakurai is making an effort with female characters, and Lyn is as big as they get in the FE series, and could be another AT upgrade.

But, isn't Lyn kinda 'old' now? Sakurai has no problem adding retro characters, but he seems to prefer adding the newer, more 'IN' characters in franchises that gets more and more of them. So, if not Chrom, then I Think My Unit would be the best, since he would most likely have a female variation as well. ^^ And finally giving us a non-Sword-only FE character. Though, I do want Chrom...

Though, very few rumors seems to include My Unit.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Frankly, a character shouldn't be added solely because of their gender. If they have other qualities that make them a good character choice, then great, but Lyn kind of lacks that. She's pretty much just another Fire Emblem hero that starred in a game and then never appeared again. I don't think they're just going to add an older, fairly random character over a character from the most recent (and very popular) game.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
I don't think a clone newcomer is something we should be expecting.
Returning semi-clones? Sure, definitely.
Newcomer clones? This goes against a lot of what Sakurai has said. He needs to focus on balancing returning characters, and fixing previous content, and will most likely only add a few newcomers. And I'm guessing all of these newcomers will provide something very unique, to make up for the lack of them. Toon Zelda couldn't really bring anything, especially if Sakurai doesn't even think Toon Link could bring anything unique. And Toon Link definitely could. Yet Sakurai wants 2 Links with the same moveset, for some reason.

All Toon Zelda really has is light arrows, which is Zelda's Final Smash.
(Not counting anything from the Spirit Tracks incarnation, as she's an assist trophy)
Who's saying she would be a clone? For all we know, Zelda could be reworked with that weird guard thing she looked to be controlling.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lyn would be so ****ing boring as a new FE rep. I don't know FE, but I would totally go for someone who doesn't have a sword, even if obscure and kinda useless. Aren't there dudes who transform into rabbits and **** like that? I want that. I want another Zelda/Sheik which has a giant rabbit as transformation.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Frankly, a character shouldn't be added solely because of their gender. If they have other qualities that make them a good character choice, then great, but Lyn kind of lacks that. She's pretty much just another Fire Emblem hero that starred in a game and then never appeared again. I don't think they're just going to add an older, fairly random character over a character from the most recent (and very popular) game.
Pretty much this.

Lyn is dead and was barely relevant in the game she starred in outside the first 10 chapters. They won't go back and add her while ignoring the newest wildly popular game.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So hey... remember that dude that was talking about Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and all that? Well.. he's back. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68717665

Hey guys, I'm back. I couldn't find my old thread; Went back thirty pages or so and gave up when it was still threads from March, so if anyone has the link, I'd appreciate you posting it for others who may be curious. Anyways, the other day I became privy to the bit more information that I said I'd look into.

Although Little Mac is in the game, Mii isn't. I'm still not sure about Pac-Man.

In addition to the newcomers I previously listed, a Ray model will be playable. I'm not sure which one, since it wasn't specified which game it was from (Or possibly even a new one? I can dream). He's "kind of like Megaman, with an emphasis on air-game." Personally, I think this sounds pretty badass! I can't wait to see what he's like for myself

Tingle is in the game in some capacity. This could mean AT, this could mean playable, this could mean stage hazard, I honestly don't know. Make of it what you will.

I didn't get much of a chance to ask about anything else. I'll try, but I can make absolutely no promises. I'm pretty doubtful I'll learn anything about the remaining newcomers especially. And although this is mostly heresay on my part (and someone I know, by proxy), keep it in the back of your minds.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I personally feel that Mario series warrants 6 characters this time...

Smash 64 added two: Mario & Luigi
Melee added two: Bowser & Peach (Dr. Mario was added as a last minute filler clone)
Brawl added none
SSB4 could add two: Rosalina & someone else (why cannot it be Toad?! :cry:)
Originally Wario was to be that character, but they had to add Dr. Mario since Nintendo needed Wario for Wario Land 4 (which was due out that same year, they still could have worked on both games at the same time and still could have made Wario playable.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom