• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Yes but Ike is the only other lord besides Marth who starred in more than one game. He's also loved by FE fans, and was for sure a fan favorite in Brawl. Plus, I think FE fans in general have a more sentimental connection with Ike than Chrom. The player could relate to Ike and feel his emotions. If Ike is cut, the backlash would be harsh.
I could see chrom adappding alot of ike's moveset, as they fight simalerly. chrom can learn ethar as a skill, wich in brawl was ike's up+b, and ike's down taunt is what chrom does when he gets a kill in awaking.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I like that 48 roster leak from 4chan. It would be nice if it was real, it seems a little legit to me because of some of the questionable choices (or maybe because it just has characters I like). When people make leaks (for the most part anyways...) they try to make it legit, so why include Lyn over what everybody is expecting to be the new FE rep, chrom? Some of the choices are questionable, but that's something I could see Sakurai doing. I'm just patiently waiting for the next newcomer so we can get a better idea of what kind of roster he is going for this time around, and maybe he/she will kill/help some leaks.

Double Post (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So hey... remember that dude that was talking about Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and all that? Well.. he's back. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68717665

Hey guys, I'm back. I couldn't find my old thread; Went back thirty pages or so and gave up when it was still threads from March, so if anyone has the link, I'd appreciate you posting it for others who may be curious. Anyways, the other day I became privy to the bit more information that I said I'd look into.

Although Little Mac is in the game, Mii isn't. I'm still not sure about Pac-Man.

In addition to the newcomers I previously listed, a Ray model will be playable. I'm not sure which one, since it wasn't specified which game it was from (Or possibly even a new one? I can dream). He's "kind of like Megaman, with an emphasis on air-game." Personally, I think this sounds pretty badass! I can't wait to see what he's like for myself

Tingle is in the game in some capacity. This could mean AT, this could mean playable, this could mean stage hazard, I honestly don't know. Make of it what you will.

I didn't get much of a chance to ask about anything else. I'll try, but I can make absolutely no promises. I'm pretty doubtful I'll learn anything about the remaining newcomers especially. And although this is mostly heresay on my part (and someone I know, by proxy), keep it in the back of your minds.

Interesting, but something about the Mii not being playable in the game bothers me alot with many of these leaks when it comes to the Salromano leak being true.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The more I think about it, 48 seems like about what we should expect. 12 new characters is still a nice upgrade without completely throwing the balance off and those choices are all ones that I can see as being really unique, plus the series are (mostly) well represented and almost half of the newcomers are female! I still doubt this leak is real, but I think the real roster might look a lot like this one in terms of size and what kinds of characters to expect. Here's a visual representation:

I like it but here some things

Tingle Lyn.GET OUT OF THAT ROSTER

And I can't be to certain about lip she didden't get playable twice if I see the lip stick flower as a item say goodnight lip

(And how come ike is back on top hes likely to be kicked)

So 3 less or any of the following taking there place. (Mach rider, genesect, king k rool, Dillion,) and I would be ok with this)

D

Deleted member

People say that leaks are not true without Mii as playable, however the Villager could very well be the Mii. In Animal Crossing, you can wear Mii masks. Villager uses bowling balls and boxing gloves--Wii Sports moves--it's possible that Mii is just a costume for Villager.
Animal Crossing features a [Bowling] Ball Return as a furniture item as well as a Boxing set of furniture (though no gloves present) and in the original game, an emulated Punch-Out!! cartidge.
They're not Wii Sports moves.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The more I think about it, 48 seems like about what we should expect. 12 new characters is still a nice upgrade without completely throwing the balance off and those choices are all ones that I can see as being really unique, plus the series are (mostly) well represented and almost half of the newcomers are female! I still doubt this leak is real, but I think the real roster might look a lot like this one in terms of size and what kinds of characters to expect. Here's a visual representation:

If this is real... poor random Lyn fangirl on the old Nsider who committed suicide on September 11, 2007... if only she could have waited seven more years... :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
King Mii? I know he means the Find Mii game but I'd rather have regular Mii. And Donbe & Hikari kinda doesn't sound right.

And even though it wasn't in the previous Smash (Brawl), I still can't see Mewtwo as a "newcomer" (same with Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, & Pichu).
King Mii? You do realize that King Mii is really just your regular Mii with a crown from Find Mii, right?

It might explain why there is no King Mii inside the cage here... Sakurai even mentioned the cage!

I am fine with this... but I just want to play as the Wandering Heroes more.

Dairz

Smash Ace
It might explain why there is no King Mii inside the cage here... Sakurai even mentioned the cage!
Or maybe its an Alfonzo situation. You don't pick Mii, and your Mii (wearing a crown) appears in the cage. You pick Mii, cage is empty.

I'll make the joke so you don't have to:
"When Mii joins the battle, invisible Alfonzo sits inside the cage. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

MASTER LEAK!
This is fake.

Takamaru, Lip, Prince Sable, and Donbe & Hikari... why would they add four Japan-only retro characters all at once?

Palutena and Hades... why would they add two Kid Icarus newcomers all at once when one more is sufficient?

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
This is fake.

Takamaru, Lip, Prince Sable, and Donbe & Hikari... why would they add four Japan-only retro characters all at once?

Palutena and Hades... why would they add two Kid Icarus newcomers all at once when one more is sufficient?
Two Kid Icarus newcomers is not at all far-fetched. It's obvious Kid Icarus is getting some kind of attention this time around, whether it'd be characters or stages. It's the same way how Kirby got two new reps, fox got one new rep, and Donkey Kong was planned to have 3 (with Dixie). With it's recent success, I wouldn't be surprised.
You have a good point on all the japan only retros though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
King Mii? You do realize that King Mii is really just your regular Mii with a crown from Find Mii, right?

I am fine with this... but I just want to play as the Wandering Heroes more.
If you read my post right below the one you quoted and a guy name Dan, it tells you that I know the difference.

But yeah, the empty cage gives me some belief that Mii could be playable (I really hope that happens).

Gaxel

Smash Ace
If that Tim Leak is real... I think we'll have the greatest set of newcomers ever... Though I doubt we will get that many newcomers.

Newcomers:
+Paper Mario
+Dixie Kong
+Vaati
+Mewtwo
+Bandanna Dee
+Ridley
+Black Shadow
+Palutena
+Hades
+Shulk
+Isaac
+Chibi-Robo
+Chrom
+Takamaru
+Lip
+Prince Sable
+Donbe & Hikari
+King Mii
+Pac Man

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
April needs to hurry up and get here. I've got a feeling that the next newcomer is going to be one that none of these leaks have considered so far.:shades:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I would just cut Donbe & Hikari and Prince Sable (or Lip)... and add Mike Jones from Star Tropics and the Duck Hunt Dog... just so there are 2 retro characters to appeal Japanese fans... and 2 retro characters to appeal Western fans.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
With that amount of newcomers, I can't imagine how stressed Sakurai would be just to give us a plethora of newcomers. I feel even more bad considering that Sakurai has his arms chopped up.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would just cut Donbe & Hikari and Prince Sable (or Lip)... and add Mike Jones from Star Tropics and the Duck Hunt Dog... just so there are 2 retro characters to appeal Japanese fans... and 2 retro characters to appeal Western fans.
Takamaru is retro
Ridley is retro
PacMan is retro
Little Mac is retro
MegaMan is retro

I see two who could be argued as retro westerns and two retro Japanese.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Black Shadow and Vaati, two villains who haven't had a new game in ages? I doubt it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Takamaru is retro
Ridley is retro
PacMan is retro
Little Mac is retro
MegaMan is retro

I didn't know Mario, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong and almost every single character in Smash was a retro!

Little Mac had a game less than 5 years ago. Ridley had a Game not very long ago. Pac-Man had a game last year and Mega Man had a game not so long ago, both classic Megaman as well as other incarnations of him (Although his classic-style game was done in Retro style graphics because classic Megaman is loved by many older gamers).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's exciting to see that Smash Bros. still has 50+ interesting options as far as the playable roster goes.
I hope Sakurai will be able to surprise us again and that the newcomers will be many many more, even though I don't expect them to be more than 10-12.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Ridley is retro
PacMan is retro
Little Mac is retro
MegaMan is retro

Ridley is retro? You're joking, right?
Pac Man had a game last year, Little Mac had a Wii game, and Mega Man had a game in 2008 and 2010.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Takamaru is retro
Ridley is retro
PacMan is retro
Little Mac is retro
MegaMan is retro

Retro normally refers to characters whose games havent been rebooted or have not appeared in a recent game. Therefore, none of those characters are considered "retro" anymore.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Takamaru is the epitome of retro. He's only had one game of his own!
Duck Hunt Dog as well, and he would make for a veeery awesome and unique character. ^^

But enough about what characters are Retro. Back to rumors.
Speaking of that, has any Rumor included Duck Hunt Dog?

Prylethepikmin

Smash Rookie
I lurk this thread a lot. And I have found a leak that has not been posted yet (Hopefully)
Lets call him Oh-Pee, as that is what he calls himself on /v/ of 4Chan. I don't know how to do the spoiler thing(Newbie here). so here is what he has said:

He did continue as he said in his thread, should I post it or no? Also, there was a few mistakes that was in this and he pointed it out so.:psycho: I don't post much here as well.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The fact that some of you are even entertaining a leak with like 19 newcomers, half of which are unrealistic, is very concerning

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I lurk this thread a lot. And I have found a leak that has not been posted yet (Hopefully)
Lets call him Oh-Pee, as that is what he calls himself on /v/ of 4Chan. I don't know how to do the spoiler thing(Newbie here). so here is what he has said:

He did continue as he said in his thread, should I post it or no? Also, there was a few mistakes that was in this and he pointed it out so.:psycho: I don't post much here as well.
In his OP, he says there are only 2 more newcomers from unrepresented franchises, Takamaru and Chibi Robo. Then minutes later he mentions that Mii and Shulk are playable. The guy is an idiot.

Last edited:

Prylethepikmin

Smash Rookie
In his OP, he says there are only 2 more newcomers from unrepresented franchises, Takamaru and Chibi Robo. Then minutes later he mentions that Mii and Shulk are playable. The guy is an idiot.
I have to agree but he dose give some good answers.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
How are you ever able to tell who's who on 4chan? Or does he keep the same name while replying to people?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Apparently the leaks are getting so bad now that their creators can't even count. :awesome:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I feel like Hyrule Warriors should've been a new Takamaru game.
Then it would really ruin the franchise's reputation by copying Warrior's repetitive gameplay. I prefer if it was not Muramase. :p

How are you ever able to tell who's who on 4chan? Or does he keep the same name while replying to people?
I dunno, but the numbers I think indicate their username, it gets really confusing. @_@

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The fact that some of you are even entertaining a leak with like 19 newcomers, half of which are unrealistic, is very concerning
The fact we entertain any leaks without any proof and have this thread in the first place concerns me. But I digress.

On the current topic I really suggest if you don't get how 4chan works, you keep it that way.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Takamaru is retro
Ridley is retro
PacMan is retro
Little Mac is retro
MegaMan is retro

Huh? They are not retro... they are still appearing in new games... it isn't like they stopped having games since the 1980's.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Go ahead and post the rest. Might as well be comprehensive about this.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
It looks like anyone on 4chan can have the same name as somebody else...Idk.

It good to entertain some leaks even if they don't have proof, such as the e3 leak. If anything, a lot of the real leaks in the past haven't even had any sort of proof whatsoever. So that's why I like to view some leaks that aren't obviously fake as being possibly real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom