• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If it's real I doubt we'll be getting SSB4 before Q2 2015

Also Sakurai has said adding new characters is really difficult, so doubling the amount of newcomers and planning to add more characters afterward just doesn't sound like Sakurai.
His production team is larger now however, so I assume he has more resources at hand this go around, but I really really don't see us EVER getting that many newcomers at once in any game. Especially when we're seeing them also making some extensive changes to multiple veterans (something that was rare or never happened in Melee and Brawl.)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ok, so after reading the member ID's of the eniGma.4 leak, here's the stuff the real one posted:

-Newcomers are Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Vaati, Mewtwo, Bandanna Dee, Ridley, Black Shadow, Palutena, Hades, Shulk, Isaac, Chrom, Takamaru, Chibi-Robo, Lip, Prince Sable, Donbe & Hikari, King Mii and Pac-Man
-Was originally slated to have ~12 newcomers because of the amount of work balancing required
-Was increased to 24 newcomers after Namco stepped up and agreed to do the balancing
-Saki Amamiya was considered but dropped 'because Sakurai didn't think he was good enough for Smash as a playable character or something', is assist trophy again
-Snake returns, is assumed to be revealed on MGSV's release date but 'no promises'.
-Jigglypuff returns. Is currently under development, plan is to replace Rollout with a new Fairy-type move
-Sakurai is aware of the Palutena leaks
-Ghirahim was heavily considered, but was dropped in favor of Vaati very recently. Vaati hasn't entered development
-Professor Layton is not included because Sakurai didn't want to go to the trouble of contacting another company
-5 returning Brawl stages & 5 returning Melee stages for each console
-Wii U stages include Gaur Plains (Xenoblade), Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun), and Pokemon World Tournament
-3DS stages include the 'chimera factory' from Mother 3 and Lysandre Labs (Pokemon)
-Ray MK 1 was considered but dropped because there were too many other characters they wanted to add, is assist trophy again
-Ridley uses Other M design because Super Metroid's design was 'kind of clunky to make a model for. Its head was too big and it was too thin.'
-Ness returns, is unchanged. Website leak was fake
-Metal Sonic is not in the game
-Alt costumes are not other characters
-Mewtwo leaks were fake, Mewtwo doesn't get either Mega Evolution, uses Psystrike as a Final Smash, acts 'basically like Lucario's FS'
-Villager has female alt costume
-Lucario doesn't get Mega Evo
-No features utilizing the Wii U gamepad
-Aiming for Holiday 2014 release, might be delayed to Q1 2015 for more characters
-Mewtwo's down smash 'might be different' but he isn't sure
-Ganondorf retains old moveset
-Sakurai hates Project M, Namco is trying to get Sakurai to take moveset ideas from it
-No cuts at the moment
-Wolf, Ike, Shiek and Mr. G&W have not been worked on yet
-Lowest priority veteran is Ike
-K. Rool is at the top of the list of potential newcomers once the current roster is finished
What a load of annoying bull****.
"Character X is not yet developed". Yeah OK.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. Reading over that again.

No way that is real. There's no way. Literally no way that many characters are still not in production for this game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The thing with fighting games is each character, especially if you aren't doing clones or joke characters, makes the balancing work go up exponentially. And Smash can have up to 4 players making it even more of a trial.

Compare the number of Smash 64 one on one match ups between 12 movesets (78) to Brawl's 39 (780). I doubt there'd be any more than 5 more characters so any rumour with an insane amount would be just silly.

Edit: For fun, currently with 24 characters there's 300 match ups.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it has to be fake I be disappointing to have to wait to Christmas of this year to get it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also I swear if we get a lot of changes in veteran's movesets and Ganondorf has been touched none. I am going to run down the streets screaming and naked.

Groose

Smash Champion
So, today's pic of the day shows Twinrova as a stage hazard... And they don't have any outlines.

Hmm. What leak does that affect? :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I'm done. This place is too serious for its own good (cough IsmaR cough) . Have fun with the leaks, I'll visit as a ghost.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also I swear if we get a lot of changes in veteran's movesets and Ganondorf has been touched none. I am going to run down the streets screaming and naked.
Send us links to that video.

And for the record what would you define as none? That Ganondorf still punches or just him being as crap as he was in Brawl?

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm done. This place is too serious for its own good (cough IsmaR cough) . Have fun with the leaks, I'll visit as a ghost.
Grow up, buddy, it's not that hard to follow directions.

As far as Kotake and Koume go, I don't really think they affect anything. Yeah, they have no outlines, but they're also stage hazards, not assist trophies. I highly doubt that, if that Palutena leak is real, it's featuring her as a stage hazard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Grow up, buddy, it's not that hard to follow directions.

As far as Kotake and Koume go, I don't really think they affect anything. Yeah, they have no outlines, but they're also stage hazards, not assist trophies. I highly doubt that, if that Palutena leak is real, it's featuring her as a stage hazard.
Posting jokes or replying to a leak (itsnothing.gif), and I get rewarded with warnings, that's pretty dumb.
So I'll grow up when the mods stop moderating us like we're babies, and treating one-liners as going off topic.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I don't know if we have seen this here so http://i.4cdn.org/v/src/1393814072504.jpg
Why does this even keep coming up? This image debunks itself because the background IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

The real stage is ANIMATED, with a changing camera position, so no two pictures of it should look the same, ergo Pikachu and Mewtwo were obviously shopped onto the picture in the top right.

Seriously, why do people keep posting this!?

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
Why does this even keep coming up? This image debunks itself because the background IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

The real stage is ANIMATED, with a changing camera position, so no two pictures of it should look the same, ergo Pikachu and Mewtwo were obviously shopped onto the picture in the top right.

my apologies, I have only been around since about page 383, I had never seen it before so i posted it, I was unaware that it was posted here before

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That leak with 24 newcomers I'm sure is fake, that is way way too many newcomers.
The fact is not that they are too many (I'm expecting 12/13 at most but who knows really, so far every installment had more newcomers than the previous one) but it's that annoying "X character is not yet developed but it's confirmed" bull****. Jesus they aren't even trying, everybody who goes so far to make a ****ing leak about this game knows that the roster is finalized waaaaaay before the game is even announced (bar Sonic in Brawl which is a very particular event anyway, it's not like Sakurai knew he was going to be in but decided to add him in the last six months of development because **** logic dude). So really, it's annoying because it's stupid. It's that simple. I mean they should at least make some compelling leak to read, but it's almost cringeworthy.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I've been asking this every time Palutena or the E3 leak comes up...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well to be fair the palutena leak is on the 3DS version of battlefield which from what little we've seen of it doesn't animate nearly as much as the Wii U version. From what we've seen it changes to different times of day but I don't recall alot of extra background animation or the like.

grits0808

Smash Rookie
This is the first time I have posted on the boards here, I just observe... Is today's image the first time we have seen a stage hazard for the 3DS? Could that be considered like an assist trophy? Maybe it can help prove the Palutena leak...

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Yeah, I wouldn't even bother posting that one on the first page. Having that many newcomers is one thing, but it's quite another to say "So-and-so isn't finished yet". I'm certain the whole roster is done already, and that we probably won't be getting THAT many more newcomers. The vast majority of what's left is probably balancing issues in my opinion.
This is the first time I have posted on the boards here, I just observe... Is today's image the first time we have seen a stage hazard for the 3DS? Could that be considered like an assist trophy? Maybe it can help prove the Palutena leak...
Nah, a stage hazard is a character or element that is confined to just one of the stages to troll the players when they pick it. It just means that the sisters will be present on Gerudo Valley on the 3DS.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Send us links to that video.

And for the record what would you define as none? That Ganondorf still punches or just him being as crap as he was in Brawl?
I'd definite it as both really, but really he is the biggest offense of the semi-clones. Because he's a semi-clone of a character not even from his franchise and does not represent anything true to his character save perhaps the choking grab move he has.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Absolute best case scenario would be getting the amount of newcomers we got with Brawl, and the only way I think that happens is if veterans that needs moveset changes(Ganondorf, Sonic, Jigglypuff etc) don't get any changes. And unless the new characters are really worth it, I'd rather finally get good movesets for some returning characters.

I don't whine about anyone who gets in Smash Bros, but some of those 24 newcomers in that leak are just horrifically bad. I'd rather get three characters from each third party franchise than that.

Anyways, that leak is just horrible and wrong. It's not deconfirmed or anything yet, it's just not plausible.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If you ask me, the second a leaker says they'll stick around and answer questions should be an instant debunk. If a leak is real, the person isn't going to hang out casually and add extra details to whoever asks. They are going to drop what they know, and leave. At least that's what a smart true leaker who wants to keep their way of life intact would do.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Absolute best case scenario would be getting the amount of newcomers we got with Brawl, and the only way I think that happens is if veterans that needs moveset changes(Ganondorf, Sonic, Jigglypuff etc) don't get any changes. And unless the new characters are really worth it, I'd rather finally get good movesets for some returning characters.

I don't whine about anyone who gets in Smash Bros, but some of those 24 newcomers in that leak are just horrifically bad. I'd rather get three characters from each third party franchise than that.

Anyways, that leak is just horrible and wrong. It's not deconfirmed or anything yet, it's just not plausible.
If we got all Brawl Characters, +Mewtwo, +the same number of newcomers as Brawl I would be more then okay with Falcondorf.

Jigglypuff is fine as is, she was my main in Melee and was beastly. Really, pound and rest NEED to stay, and sing is terrible but is her signature move.... so I don't know how you would really change her.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Given the Alfonzo picture, I think someone's playing as a Mii in the old Find Mii stage picture with the Dark Emperor and Wii Fit Trainer.

I'm probably lttp on this though.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, I'd be surprised if we got half that. We heard already that we're not getting as many newcomers as Brawl, which had 18 (and only 15 of those were totally new movesets).
I keep seeing this thrown around with no article proof to back it up.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Given the Alfonzo picture, I think someone's playing as a Mii in the old Find Mii stage picture with the Dark Emperor and Wii Fit Trainer.

I'm probably lttp on this though.
Sakurai did make sure to point out the cage looking familiar I believe in that PoD.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I keep seeing this thrown around with no article proof to back it up.
I don'the know the article that mentioned it, but I remember hearing that Sakurai said this game is going to focus less on new characters, and more on balance.

Or at least, something like that.

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
Let's think logically here. The 3DS screen (specially the original 3DS) is really really small, so in order to see your character and your opponent's character Sakurai came up with the outlines. Outlining a character makes them pop up from other elements.
Now, apparently stage hazards have no outline. Why would they? They can attack you but chances are that you can't hit them back. Or maybe you can, but why would they be outlined? Your opponent is your objective and there's no necessity to distract you with NPCs. We know AT are invulnerable so why would they have an outline?
Everything is pointing towards Palutena being playable. Of course, unless the outline was added in a photo editing program. Or the whole picture is fake and someone is REALLY good at editing pictures.

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
The fact is not that they are too many (I'm expecting 12/13 at most but who knows really, so far every installment had more newcomers than the previous one) but it's that annoying "X character is not yet developed but it's confirmed" bull****. Jesus they aren't even trying, everybody who goes so far to make a ****ing leak about this game knows that the roster is finalized waaaaaay before the game is even announced (bar Sonic in Brawl which is a very particular event anyway, it's not like Sakurai knew he was going to be in but decided to add him in the last six months of development because **** logic dude). So really, it's annoying because it's stupid. It's that simple. I mean they should at least make some compelling leak to read, but it's almost cringeworthy.
Except that's not completely true. Brawl was planned originally to have 42 characters but seven were cut due to time constraints. Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Wolf barely made it in because they had the time left to add three more characters. Deadlines really affect a game's development more than you seem to think they do.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It would be odd, in a way, if, when playing as a Mii, that there's no Mii in the case. I mean, it could easily be changed to a random Mii (or, Sakurai. Come on, we all wanna see Sakurai trapped into a Cage) while playing as Mii.
But since there IS no Mii in the Cage, that is enough 'proof' that there's playable Miis, in my opinion. Especially since I was already sure there would be~

Not sure if any rumor has talked much about Miis, though.

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
If we got all Brawl Characters, +Mewtwo, +the same number of newcomers as Brawl I would be more then okay with Falcondorf.

Jigglypuff is fine as is, she was my main in Melee and was beastly. Really, pound and rest NEED to stay, and sing is terrible but is her signature move.... so I don't know how you would really change her.
Exactly I totally agree, for Jigglypuff's moveset, I must have the old rest from Melee and rollout back and change and replace sing with a new move that actually helps with recovery and change sing into a side special move, and a new FS (if possible). :)

Last edited:

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
King Mii is just a Mii, they are practically the same person, both are you Mii, so why just waste more time to call the Mii 'King Mii' and put a crown on and everything, plus if it were King Mii, it means that no Miis like Sakurai's could be playable, that officially gives hate to the leak

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Exactly I totally agree, for Jigglypuff's moveset, I must have the old rest from Melee and rollout back and change and replace sing with a new move that actually helps with recovery and change sing into a side special move, and a new FS (if possible). :)
Side special is SOOOO important to Puff though, for recovery and for juggling, roll out is the more expendable move out of the two. Neither REALLY needs to change though. Sing sucks.... but it kinda needs to be there.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Posting jokes or replying to a leak (itsnothing.gif), and I get rewarded with warnings, that's pretty dumb.
So I'll grow up when the mods stop moderating us like we're babies, and treating one-liners as going off topic.
I'm...sorry? That you have to follow the global rules just the same as on any other topic? No need to have a fit about it, especially in public. I've already told you if you have a problem with it, go to Forum Support, not complain about it here so others can 'sympathize' with you. Posting poorly edited images or single lines of text just to get a laugh or two is by no means on topic. If you want to post with less strict guidelines, take it to the Social thread.

We don't know yet, as the comment just says they "appear" on the stage. I would assume this neither proves nor discredits the Palutena leak, and that we'll just have to wait and see.

Welcome to the site, btw. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom