• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
24 newcomers is just no. I can believe them changing their minds and adding in more because other people are working on aspects of the game, but 24? Isn't that pushing the optimism meter over the roof? I mean, that's almost 60 characters and 60+ when you count in ZSS, Sheik, etc. Even the cloud strife leak looked more believable!

I mean maybe there can be around as many as Brawl, but nothing beyond that seems feasible, and that doesn't even go into the league of problems.

Oh, speaking of which, four Japan only characters. Yeah. I call bull already on just that alone; if one was a supporting character at least like Masked Man or Leif, I may be under more belief. As it stands... Nope. And that doesn't even go into my other thoughts.

D

Deleted member

I'm...sorry? That you have to follow the global rules just the same as on any other topic? No need to have a fit about it, especially in public. I've already told you if you have a problem with it, go to Forum Support, not complain about it here so others can 'sympathize' with you. Posting poorly edited images or single lines of text just to get a laugh or two is by no means on topic. If you want to post with less strict guidelines, take it to the Social thread.
I think I'll just leave and not come back. A forum shouldn't be this strict. I understand most of the rules, but one liners and jokes shouldn't be taken so seriously.
So thanks for the good times while it lasted SmashBoards.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think I'll just leave and not come back. A forum shouldn't be this strict. I understand most of the rules, but one liners and jokes shouldn't be taken so seriously.
So thanks for the good times while it lasted SmashBoards.
Ok, enjoy missing the eventual real leaks that will spawn upon 2chan and gamefaqs then. :p
You don't have to leave.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Once you have that many newcomers it stops being a leak and becomes a wish list. Since I assume most people understand how impossible that is. I can't even come up with that many characters that I think are even remotely going to happen.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Ice, one liners aren't allowed because they don't produce content. I'm sure you can still post a one liner or an image as long as you have more. It's not like we're on /v/ or reddit.

Also I'm pretty positive over at Neogaf they have a rule about one image posts at least. I see more bans there than here.

D

Deleted member

Ok, enjoy missing the eventual real leaks that will spawn upon 2chan and gamefaqs then. :p
You don't have to leave.
I guess.
Ice, one liners aren't allowed because they don't produce content. I'm sure you can still post a one liner or an image as long as you have more. It's not like we're on /v/ or reddit.

Also I'm pretty positive over at Neogaf they have a rule about one image posts at least. I see more bans there than here.
Its the way I post, I can't help it. I typically make jokes regarding a subject, but apparently that's just wrong, immoral and against every means of being human.
I'm on GAF, I asked for a ban because i needed it. I kind of wish I didn't ask for one till E3, but I did.
I've never been banned for posting one liners, or just images. Most people do it, but certain images can get you banned. People always post the bandreas.gif by itself and the thisisneogaf.gif by itself.
But hey, whatever. What do I know?

EDIT: This is basically the forum in a nutshell right now:

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Didnt the 24 Characters leak guy say the potd would be a new character last night? In that case why are we wasting our time on this one still.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Didnt the 24 Characters leak guy say the potd would be a new character last night? In that case why are we wasting our time on this one still.
Didn't he also say that the update would happen 19 minutes after his post?

The update didn't happen for hours after that. It's almost like Sakurai updated late just to screw that guy over.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

The update didn't happen for hours after that. It's almost like Sakurai updated late just to screw that guy over.
omg goodness i think sakurai might read these leaks to just toy with us. first palutena now this

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

To be fair, he said "character". Even then we didn't get one...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The amount of newcomers in that leak is already oozing with my poor mind. :p
I'm sure it's fake, and that any of those characters that are in that leak, won't make the leak more valid at all.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
There was a few impostors using eniGma.4's name and using it to spread misinfo/trolling, and that was one of the fakers that said it, if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong though.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
The eniGma.4 leak has to be fake. It literally had every character I want in the game on it.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
The eniGma.4 leak has to be fake. It literally had every character I want in the game on it.
I wouldn't even know where to start with a roster close to umvc3 of 52 characters.

lol@ 50+ characters and the meta game still revolves around a buffed meta knight-gets banned day 1.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
That doesn't mean it's not real. I liked the roster, except for King Mii. Why not just have called him/her 'Mii' and have one of the alts wear a crown?
but, eh that's just me. I still think it's not disproven yet. With double the work force, who's to say they couldn't double the potential newcomers too because of it.

The (obvious) commercial success of SSB4: Wii U/3DS could make future SSB titles a joint project between Project Sora and Namco Bandai.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
The banner disappeared. Do we have any leak predicting a character reveal for the next 2 weeks?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Lucas. I made up a rumor about it a while back, so bank on it. (North American release date for Yoshi's island is March 14, though.)

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
A decent amount of my 30 posts or so have been jokes, I really don't take the time to get involved on arguments and huge debates on message boards anymore. Back in the day other boards...every post was 5 paragraphs. I guess I'm lazy now. Making jokes should be fine. Just keep it mostly ontopic, and maybe throw in a sentence or so afterwards to keep it safe.

As far as the guy who quoted me...it's not that I think 'Puff needs a moveset change. I just wanted a third example lol. I think it's likely Jiggs gets a new special though, to play into her type change.

There was a leak awhile back that mentioned Adventure mode having different bosses based on who you play as. I don't support it changing to fit who you're playing as, but I would like more variety. Maybe have 10-12 boss characters from various series that alternate randomly. It's weird we haven't had more leaks for gameplay modes(like Adventure). I guess fake leakers are only obsessed with characters/stages.

Last edited:

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
When has the banner dissappearing ever meant were getting a reveal?
iirc, they usually last a couple of weeks i think? but when we got little mac the one for lucario disappeared rather quickly. Hell, it might not have even been Little Mac. But I remember someone pointing out that the banner went away quicker when there was a reveal coming up.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Eh, heads up:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/234071407#q234071407

- I can tell you there is a new Mario Bros. newcomer after Rosalina, for sure. Can't tell you if it's Toad or Bowser Jr. or both. He will stay unlockable/secret. Remember that Peach having the same Neutral B doesn't mean a thing.
- I can tell you Tingle is the only Zelda character I'm aware of. I doubt there is another one actually as the newcomer list is pretty small and irrevocable (last minute clones aside). He will be revelead in a different way than just a Nintendo Direct.
- I can't tell you who is in and who isn't or who is the next to get revealed, I'm afraid.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, since the "Year of Luigi" supposedly ends on March 18th, they could have a smaller direct this month to announce a new "Year of X" if they want to keep doing that (year of Yoshi please, I need more info on Yarn Yoshi!).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, since the "Year of Luigi" supposedly ends on March 18th, they could have a smaller direct this month to announce a new "Year of X" if they want to keep doing that (year of Yoshi please, I need more info on Yarn Yoshi!).
Yarn Yoshi
Yoshis new island info/hype
Yoshi plush
Super Mario Sunshine remake
Paper Yoshi
Yoshis story 3ds

a man can dream right

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That's what I meant, a Yoshi-centered Direct.
Yarn Yoshi
Yoshi's New ****ty Island
Mario Kart 8
Sm4sh
Announcement of Year Of Yoshi
Yoshi DLC for Sonic Lost World (or was it released already?)

20 mins, no big announcements. Could be.

MidgeMallet

Smash Rookie
Hey. Long-time lurker here, posting for the first time. Apologies if this is something you've all discussed already, but have you noticed the weirdness with Miiverse comments in response to Sakurai's posts? Specifically the spoiler warnings? Check it out:

The guy who is asking for Pac-man doesn't get spoiler warning but the immediately immediately below does.

And when you click it, he's just asking if Monita will be playable.

There's another guy who is posting about the Ice Climbers who gets tagged as a spoiler. And then some others that don't seem to have anything spoilery at all. And people asking about, say, Palutena and Mewtwo and Dr. Mario aren't getting tagged as spoilery. Anyway, I thought that was weird. I'd imagine that the spoiler tags are automated when people use certain words/phrases, but maybe they're done manually.... but if it's manual, the person doing it is making odd decisions and it's hard to not read into what they're labeling as spoilers.

Anyone else have theories about how this works?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Somebody should try and post things like "Palutena is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4" and see what happens.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Spoiler tags can be manually added, it's not auto. What do only a few amount of people on here have Wii Us?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I guess.

Its the way I post, I can't help it. I typically make jokes regarding a subject, but apparently that's just wrong, immoral and against every means of being human.
I'm on GAF, I asked for a ban because i needed it. I kind of wish I didn't ask for one till E3, but I did.
I've never been banned for posting one liners, or just images. Most people do it, but certain images can get you banned. People always post the bandreas.gif by itself and the thisisneogaf.gif by itself.
But hey, whatever. What do I know?

EDIT: This is basically the forum in a nutshell right now:
Well, you can always join the Social Thread! Where everything is pointless!

Somebody should try and post things like "Palutena is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4" and see what happens.
I dunno, knowing how weird Miiverse can be. It's probably just to grab attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom