• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Smash Lord

Did we disregard this yet? He got one correct so far even though Little Mac could be an obvious choice.
It was believable until he listed all of those alternate costumes. That would be great though. Dixie for Diddy would make absolutely no sense though, and that kills the leak for me. I just can't see Dixie shooting the peanut gun.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Did we disregard this yet? He got one correct so far even though Little Mac could be an obvious choice.
The picture is proven false, the leak itself is not as far as i know
edit: Wait, nvm. Lucario

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
There is a long time I don't post in Smashboards...

12-14 is a good number of newcomers with no cuts, or with 1 or 2 cuts. Melee included 14 newcomers. Brawl included 11 and cutted 3 if you don't consider Young Link a cut. If we get 14 newcomers, we'll have a good roster.

And good evening, guys!

PS: Snake=HM01

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
There is a long time I don't post in Smashboards...

12-14 is a good number of newcomers with no cuts, or with 1 or 2 cuts. Melee included 14 newcomers. Brawl included 11 and cutted 3 if you don't consider Young Link a cut. If we get 14 newcomers, we'll have a good roster.

And good evening, guys!

PS: Snake=HM01
14 sounds a good amount i'd say 6 or 7 newcomers as the least amount we could possibly have. (btw were almost at 500 pages of this stuff, man have been talking or what)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Realistically we will be getting less than brawl and melee as far as newcomers go. I'd say less than 12 so that means we have 5-6 left... Oh boy... Any more than that and a leak is autofake.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I could see around 14 newcomers if we had a decent number of cuts (like around Brawl's), but I don't see that being in the plans considering Sakurai's comments on the matter. I agree in thinking that 12 will be the highest they'll go, maybe with a couple cuts in there if push comes to shove.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think 12 is a good amount. Anything below 10 would be disappointing. 12 and we'll get seven more of those awesome trailers!

I think the 2 AT leak is one to keep our eyes on. Definitely one worth putting in the OP.

I think this format is right, except for coloured text:

Claims:

• Two AT's from Brawl have been made playable.
  • There is another Mario Newcomer, who will be unlockable.
  • No newcomers for Zelda - Tingle is an assist.
  • Ridley is playable. He was hard to design.
  • Palutena is an AT. She has a forcefield surrounding her that acts as a counter. When you hit her, she fires a beam at you.
  • Meta Knight and Wolf have been changed, and are very different.
  • There are no cut characters.
  • There are two Final Smashes for each character. A low percentage one and a high percentage one. Apparently we see evidence of this in Mega Man's trailer.
  • There will be costumes for certain characters.
  • There will be 5 Melee stages and 5 Brawl stages.
  • Stage Builder has a lot of new options such as texture.
  • There will be DLC for Stage Builder
  • Grima (FE:A) is an AT who works similar to Andross
  • Before E3 we'll get 2 veterans/newcomers per month.
  • Not much music has been composer for the game. The main theme is hidden in the E3 trailer.
  • We'll get two newcomers at E3
  • Hidden newcomers are to be revealed after launch.
  • We'll know the launch date within the next two months.
Original Post:

http://4chanarchive.net/threads/v/res/233702031

Greetings
I have new information about Super Smash Bros. 4
Figure assist of Super Smash Bros. X were considered as playable. Only two made the cut.
Another Mario character that is going to be a unlock exists .
There is no more Zelda characters , but Tingle is still a figure assist.
Ridley can be playable. The character was difficult to design a movement of his.
Palutena is not playable. Is assist figure with a movement of counter that looks like a force field to shoot a beam of when hit.
Changes made to the Meta Knight and Wolf, is very different now.
No Characters were cut from Super Smash Brothers X
Currently , there is a second final smash for characters and the trigger is smash ball with high damage. Evidence is the Rockman trailer.
Costume has been prepared for certain characters.
5 Smash Bros DX stage and 5 Smash Bros. X stage come back.
In stage Builder, you have a number of options , such as to change the texture.
Downloadable content of user -made , is being worked on stage Builder.
Gimurei assist figure , and works as Andorf in the background .
Revealed before E3, two newcomers, expected up to two veteran per month.
The main theme , it is also included in the trailer of E3, not much music was composed for these games. Trailer of E3 , revealing two new character.
Hidden newcomers never to be revealed until after the launch .
Launch date will be revealed within 2 months.
And I do not want to get into trouble , that is all.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
everyone here seems excellent at misquoting Sakurai on the fighter count
he meant he wanted focus to be on balance and gameplay so he wasn't setting a target roster size OR cutoff point, they're attempting to feature all the fighters they feel would make it a great game, if that's 25 newcomers in the devs eyes they'll do that.... if it's adding a Link for each timeline and Dr Mario returning that will happen :$

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
10 or less newcomers wouldn't be disappointing if those characters be all good, .. and considering the rumors and the characters already revealed, I wouldn't fear about the amount. quality =/= quantity. =P

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Ugh... I need true leaks ASAP.

I'm going through my Brawl/Melee pre-release obsessive leak-checking phase again :(

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sakurai said we'd be getting 12-14 before the Namco team decided to help them...

This is the biggest team Sakurai ever worked with for Smash Bros, I would expect ~18.
Well Sakurai never gave any numbers...i just through 12-14 out there because thats what i think what we will get based on what he said but Alsoooo...its abit of a two way street because although he has not only got a bigger dev team this time around but also the devs are alot better/experienced than brawls devs were also no SSE like story mode means way more time right?

But they are trying to bring everyone back
Making adjustments to old chars movsets
The transformation into HD
More focus on balancing and i hope...modes (online mode)
And if not the biggest they are making 2 games at once!

So its sorta a double edged sword...they still got ALOTT on there plate

Sakurais new years resoloution was to get thr game out this year it almost sounded like a challenge to himself and skeptical.

Even if they have a bunch of ''free time'' well that dev time is never free lets say not as rushed/presseured as brawl who says he will spend that time to add more chars? Maybe his focus was what he said back then and Namco joining might have not changed that maybe the ''Extra'' Time is going into fine tuning/balances smooth online and fluent not buggy glitchy gameplay which imo in the long run people would appreciate and is more important than characters.

Thid game will be played long term for years! So it needs to be designed that way!
Alotta people hated brawl but still play it to this day people still play brawl online to this day!

I think no doubt the characters in Smash are the biggest obstacle so i bet they are considered/agreed/finalised very early i heard brawls roster was agreed on before the game even began development

Not saying your wrong you could be write but imo how i interpret what Sakurai said he it was his ''Focus'' so thats not gonna change...

TLDR:
Sakurai may have more time but you dont know what hes spending that time on. What part of the game

Dan

Smash Lord
I think 12 is a good amount. Anything below 10 would be disappointing. 12 and we'll get seven more of those awesome trailers!

I think the 2 AT leak is one to keep our eyes on. Definitely one worth putting in the OP.

I think this format is right, except for coloured text:

Claims:

• Two AT's from Brawl have been made playable.
  • There is another Mario Newcomer, who will be unlockable.
  • No newcomers for Zelda - Tingle is an assist.
  • Ridley is playable. He was hard to design.
  • Palutena is an AT. She has a forcefield surrounding her that acts as a counter. When you hit her, she fires a beam at you.
  • Meta Knight and Wolf have been changed, and are very different.
  • There are no cut characters.
  • There are two Final Smashes for each character. A low percentage one and a high percentage one. Apparently we see evidence of this in Mega Man's trailer.
  • There will be costumes for certain characters.
  • There will be 5 Melee stages and 5 Brawl stages.
  • Stage Builder has a lot of new options such as texture.
  • There will be DLC for Stage Builder
  • Grima (FE:A) is an AT who works similar to Andross
  • Before E3 we'll get 2 veterans/newcomers per month.
  • Not much music has been composer for the game. The main theme is hidden in the E3 trailer.
  • We'll get two newcomers at E3
  • Hidden newcomers are to be revealed after launch.
  • We'll know the launch date within the next two months.
Original Post:

http://4chanarchive.net/threads/v/res/233702031

Greetings
I have new information about Super Smash Bros. 4
Figure assist of Super Smash Bros. X were considered as playable. Only two made the cut.
Another Mario character that is going to be a unlock exists .
There is no more Zelda characters , but Tingle is still a figure assist.
Ridley can be playable. The character was difficult to design a movement of his.
Palutena is not playable. Is assist figure with a movement of counter that looks like a force field to shoot a beam of when hit.
Changes made to the Meta Knight and Wolf, is very different now.
No Characters were cut from Super Smash Brothers X
Currently , there is a second final smash for characters and the trigger is smash ball with high damage. Evidence is the Rockman trailer.
Costume has been prepared for certain characters.
5 Smash Bros DX stage and 5 Smash Bros. X stage come back.
In stage Builder, you have a number of options , such as to change the texture.
Downloadable content of user -made , is being worked on stage Builder.
Gimurei assist figure , and works as Andorf in the background .
Revealed before E3, two newcomers, expected up to two veteran per month.
The main theme , it is also included in the trailer of E3, not much music was composed for these games. Trailer of E3 , revealing two new character.
Hidden newcomers never to be revealed until after the launch .
Launch date will be revealed within 2 months.
And I do not want to get into trouble , that is all.
That sounded great, until I read how stupidly they worded it all. It looks like they just used the old Google translator trick. That would be great if hidden newcomers aren't revealed until after launch, heck, it would be awesome if no other newcomers were revealed until launch. Imagine the suspense.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
10 or less newcomers wouldn't be disappointing if those characters be all good, .. and considering the rumors and the characters already revealed, I wouldn't fear about the amount. quality =/= quantity. =P
Thats what im saying...at the end of the day its all prefrence and opnion i like mushroom on my Pizza some peepz may not i think most people could careless about who else made it in as long as there favirote character got in.

We Already have 5 Characters

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac

so if we only got 5-7 more and if That E3 2013 Leak is true then.

6.Mii
7. Pacman
8. FE Char
9. Retro char
10. Palutena

Uptill now this imo is all inevitable we know they will be a retro and FE rep and most people think the Palutena leak is real.

So i guess that only leaves 2 more spots...

Hope one of them is for Ridley

(as i didnt count newtwo returning as a newcomer)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
12 newcomers is perfectly fine to me. Hell, even 10 are, as long as the characters are interesting, unique and preferably characters that most people aren't expecting, unlike 99% of the ones listed in fake leaks/rumors.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Let's be honest: Would you rather have a low number of newcomers but they are all unique or just let Sakurai go all silly nilly and add a **** ton of newcomers with zero thought behind them?

I prefer the former.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Sakurai would be #1 troll master race if the reveal for Ridley started off with Kraid.

Such confusion.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I refuse to believe an article from 2 years ago where Sakurai had barely even begun to think about the roster of these two games holds any merits towards if we get 10 newcomers, 14 newcomers, 18 newcomers or 24 newcomers.

For one? Quite a bit of time has passed. Another? At that point he had barely begun to have Namco Bandai at his side helping out. And three and four? Misreading and leaning to hard on an old article for proof. Four? I recall there being a PotD where Sakurai said they were working on polishing and adding in even more content.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I refuse to believe an article from 2 years ago where Sakurai had barely even begun to think about the roster of these two games holds any merits towards if we get 10 newcomers, 14 newcomers, 18 newcomers or 24 newcomers.

For one? Quite a bit of time has passed. Another? At that point he had barely begun to have Namco Bandai at his side helping out. And three and four? Misreading and leaning to hard on an old article for proof. Four? I recall there being a PotD where Sakurai said they were working on polishing and adding in even more content.
As long as Mewtwo and Ridley make it in.
K.Rool and Kamek would be a sweet bonus.

....im off to sleep...peace out homies...hay hehehe i gotta leak for you from someone called ''DarkPhazon''

Tommorows pic will show a New Item !

I will be back tommorow to see if im right hehe

Gaxel

Smash Ace
So do you believe your friend on steam who said Ridley and chrom are playable? Lol
Probably false but, he does in fact work in the marketing departments as a hired gun in Sapporo, Japan.

He's worked for some Asian App companies like Mobo and a few others, I don't see how it correlates to Nintendo. Though, he's talked with multiple people so I wouldn't be surprised if he had come across people that knew about the game.

Does this mean he knew who knew about the game and he asked them? Nope.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
As good as 12-14 sounds, I'm expecting closer to 9-11. Slightly more if any new characters have transformations, but I can't think of anyone who seems to have good odds that does have said transformation. Regardless we can all agree that 24 just ain't happening.

As for the pictorial leak above, where is Rosalina?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
14-17 is WAY too high.
I'd say 14 is reasonable.

36 veterans (including Mewtwo)
Mega Man, Villager, WFT, Rosalina and Little Mac
King K. Rool
Ridley
Palutena
Shulk
Bandanna Dee
Mii
2 retros of your choice (I personally add 2 more for a quartet of Lip, Takamaru, Muddy Mole & Prince Sable, but whatever).
Pac-Man

Not too farfetched. I think Namco's involvement will allow a bigger roster, but I don't expect it. In reality, if you want to keep it safe, remove 1 retro and Bandanna Dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom