• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
+Black Shadow
+Prince Sable
+Donbe & Hikari
+King Mii

And 2 KI newcomers? Gross... I would not be happy if this leak was real.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
233980481 this is the leakers member number if it isnt this its an imposter

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The OP said he was gonna answer some questions, but then one of the other "eniGma.4"'s said the OP never posted anything other than the roster. this is very muddled up it is.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that, after scores of GameFAQs and Smashboards leaks were mowed down en masse by the one-two punch of Little Mac and Diddy, the leakers have started taking to 4chan, where they're harder to trace?
Y'know, that gives me a idea...
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD SMASH BROS LEAK
Step 1. Go to 4chan and make a new topic in the gaming sections
Step 2. Use engrish to make yourself sound japanese
Step 3. Type out a list of crowd-pleasers
It's perfect! At least, until the namco thing comes back.

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
I don't know if we have seen this here so http://i.4cdn.org/v/src/1393814072504.jpg
I have seen this before, it's pretty old, but I don't know if someone debunked it.
It doesn't seem obvious so I'm not sure, but I 'd say it might be a really good shop. What might give it away might be the fonts in the mewtwo pic. They don't look bold enough.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
that mewtwo leak is super old and im pretty sure it was debunked like early on before the palutena leak was even out there

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
What debunked it?
I don't remember and I'm far too lazy to go and find it. I just remember someone talking about it and others saying 'already debunked' and what not. I'm sure someone on here has to remember
ninja'd

Last edited:

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner
Warning Received
Last edited by a moderator:

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Isn't that the point? we find the leaks and we use analytic assumptions to prove it false, and if we can't then it is real
Haha yes but, even though I don't play as him, I'm like really antsy for him to be in. I thought it was so stupid that Lucario was in over him. Hope that isn't the case this time! But damn it at it being debunked.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I found it pointed out in the comments of another 4chan leak http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/233980481#q233980481
Wow, my leak analysis is famous : ')

But in all honesty, it is not real. I was wrong in my analysis and should delete that thing. It points out similarities and contrasts some things but ultimately it was proven wrong later. Again, probably the HUD and a similar Mewtwo model was discovered floating around. The fake leaker used it in the portrait.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
This isn't much but its a leak of some sort http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/233999041
New Nintendo Direct 2014-3-12
Yoshi's New Island
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
New Camelot game TBA
Zelda Muso

*also sorry if it feels like i am posting to much consecutively*

*edit* thoughts and speculation?
My thought is I need a 3ds to try out that SMT X FE 0_0.

But yeah Nintendo directs should give us a newcomer and Yoshi's New Island will give us Yoshi. For now its just a waiting game for us all

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
This isn't much but its a leak of some sort http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/233999041
New Nintendo Direct 2014-3-12
Yoshi's New Island
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
New Camelot game TBA
Zelda Muso

*also sorry if it feels like i am posting to much consecutively*

*edit* thoughts and speculation?
Someone had already posted it a few pages ago but without any links
Is this supposed to be an announcement or speculation?
EDIT: Check out the OP's name. It's the same as the 2 AT leak.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In the future, just because a leak is happening "live" doesn't mean everyone can go crazy with the off-topic images/gifs and spam posts.

Anyway yeah that Mewtwo one is ancient by this point.

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Monkeymaner
Someone had already posted it a few pages ago but without any links
Is this supposed to be an announcement or speculation?
EDIT: Check out the OP's name. It's the same as the 2 AT leak.
What does that mean for the leak? I don't remember the 2 AT leak *I might have been at work*, Was it anything worth noting when considering the leak of this upcoming direct?

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
What does that mean for the leak? I don't remember the 2 AT leak *I might have been at work*, Was it anything worth noting when considering the leak of this upcoming direct?
There was a "leak" about 2 assist trophies from brawl becoming playable characters. Someone with the same username posted this one. They wrote with a very broken english, and they also said Palutena was just an Assist.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There was a "leak" about 2 assist trophies from brawl becoming playable characters. Someone with the same username posted this one. They wrote with a very broken english, and they also said Palutena was just an Assist.
If you write in broken English, everyone thinks you're legit! Because apparently that's the only way to come off as Japanese.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Interestingly enough, the person on GameFAQs posted that 2 AT leak on it, which IIRC (I can't check because the mods got to it before I could copy) everything was the same except for Palutena which they say is playable.

So either he lied in one, or changed it so it seemed more believable.

Edit: I take that back, it was on here the whole time and I didn't see the link. It's the same one posted earlier, but curiously the information for Palutena is changed from the 4chan one.

Greetings
I have new information about the Super Smash Bros. 4
Some Trophy assist from Super Smash Bros. X were considered as a player fighter but only two made the cut.
Another Mario character that is going to be a unlock exists .
There is no more characters of Zelda more than this, but Tingle is still assist trophy .
Ridley can be playable. The character was difficult to design a movement of his.
Palutena is playable with a movement counter that looks like a force field to shoot a beam of when hit.
Changes made to the Meta Knight and Wolf. They are very different now.
No Characters were cut from Super Smash Brothers X
Currently , there are 2 final smash of characters, they are trigger when they are in high damage .
Costume has been prepared for certain characters .
5 stage of Super Smash Bros. X and 5 stage of Super Smash Bros. DX come back .
In stage Builder, you have a number of options , such as to change the texture .
Downloadable content of user -made , is working on stage Builder.
There is Gurima assist trophy , and works as Andorf in the background .
Revealed before E3 2 newcomers , many veterans are expected up to two veteran per month .
The main theme , it is also included in the trailer of E3, not much music was composed for these games . Trailer of E3 , revealing 2 new character .
The rest of newcomers are not to be revealed until after the launch .
As I can clearly not get into trouble , that it 's all.

Last edited:

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Monkeymaner
Interestingly enough, the person on GameFAQs posted that 2 AT leak on it, which IIRC (I can't check because the mods got to it before I could copy) everything was the same except for Palutena which they say is playable.

So either he lied in one, or changed it so it seemed more believable.

Edit: I take that back, it was on here the whole time. Here's the leak based on GameFAQs:

Greetings
Some Trophy assist from Super Smash Bros. X were considered as a player fighter but only two made the cut.
There is no more characters of Zelda more than this, but Tingle is still assist trophy .
Ridley can be playable. The character was difficult to design a movement of his.
Palutena is playable with a movement counter that looks like a force field to shoot a beam of when hit.
Currently , there are 2 final smash of characters, they are trigger when they are in high damage .
In stage Builder, you have a number of options , such as to change the texture .
Revealed before E3 2 newcomers , many veterans are expected up to two veteran per month .
The main theme , it is also included in the trailer of E3, not much music was composed for these games . Trailer of E3 , revealing 2 new character .
So does this mean if either leak is proven false then we can discredit the other 1? for example if there is no direct on 14th then this one is false?

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
Ok, so after reading the member ID's of the eniGma.4 leak, here's the stuff the real one posted:

-Newcomers are Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Vaati, Mewtwo, Bandanna Dee, Ridley, Black Shadow, Palutena, Hades, Shulk, Isaac, Chrom, Takamaru, Chibi-Robo, Lip, Prince Sable, Donbe & Hikari, King Mii and Pac-Man
-Was originally slated to have ~12 newcomers because of the amount of work balancing required
-Was increased to 24 newcomers after Namco stepped up and agreed to do the balancing
-Saki Amamiya was considered but dropped 'because Sakurai didn't think he was good enough for Smash as a playable character or something', is assist trophy again
-Snake returns, is assumed to be revealed on MGSV's release date but 'no promises'.
-Jigglypuff returns. Is currently under development, plan is to replace Rollout with a new Fairy-type move
-Sakurai is aware of the Palutena leaks
-Ghirahim was heavily considered, but was dropped in favor of Vaati very recently. Vaati hasn't entered development
-Professor Layton is not included because Sakurai didn't want to go to the trouble of contacting another company
-5 returning Brawl stages & 5 returning Melee stages for each console
-Wii U stages include Gaur Plains (Xenoblade), Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun), and Pokemon World Tournament
-3DS stages include the 'chimera factory' from Mother 3 and Lysandre Labs (Pokemon)
-Ray MK 1 was considered but dropped because there were too many other characters they wanted to add, is assist trophy again
-Ridley uses Other M design because Super Metroid's design was 'kind of clunky to make a model for. Its head was too big and it was too thin.'
-Ness returns, is unchanged. Website leak was fake
-Metal Sonic is not in the game
-Alt costumes are not other characters
-Mewtwo leaks were fake, Mewtwo doesn't get either Mega Evolution, uses Psystrike as a Final Smash, acts 'basically like Lucario's FS'
-Villager has female alt costume
-Lucario doesn't get Mega Evo
-No features utilizing the Wii U gamepad
-Aiming for Holiday 2014 release, might be delayed to Q1 2015 for more characters
-Mewtwo's down smash 'might be different' but he isn't sure
-Ganondorf retains old moveset
-Sakurai hates Project M, Namco is trying to get Sakurai to take moveset ideas from it
-No cuts at the moment
-Wolf, Ike, Shiek and Mr. G&W have not been worked on yet
-Lowest priority veteran is Ike
-K. Rool is at the top of the list of potential newcomers once the current roster is finished

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There were two different guys on there with the same username. I'm going to play along and assume it was the fake (the fake fake, that is) who declared that a Metroid character would be shown on the website at like 9 (CST).

A newcomer roster potentially as large as Melee's entire roster. Pfft.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ok, so after reading the member ID's of the eniGma.4 leak, here's the stuff the real one posted:

-Newcomers are Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Vaati, Mewtwo, Bandanna Dee, Ridley, Black Shadow, Palutena, Hades, Shulk, Isaac, Chrom, Takamaru, Chibi-Robo, Lip, Prince Sable, Donbe & Hikari, King Mii and Pac-Man
-Was originally slated to have ~12 newcomers because of the amount of work balancing required
-Was increased to 24 newcomers after Namco stepped up and agreed to do the balancing
-Saki Amamiya was considered but dropped 'because Sakurai didn't think he was good enough for Smash as a playable character or something', is assist trophy again
-Snake returns, is assumed to be revealed on MGSV's release date but 'no promises'.
-Jigglypuff returns. Is currently under development, plan is to replace Rollout with a new Fairy-type move
-Ghirahim was heavily considered, but was dropped in favor of Vaati very recently. Vaati hasn't entered development
-Professor Layton is not included because Sakurai didn't want to go to the trouble of contacting another company
-Wii U stages include Gaur Plains (Xenoblade), Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun), and Pokemon World Tournament
-3DS stages include the 'chimera factory' from Mother 3 and Lysandre Labs (Pokemon)
-Ray MK 1 was considered but dropped because there were too many other characters they wanted to add, is assist trophy again
-Ridley uses Other M design because Super Metroid's design was 'kind of clunky to make a model for. Its head was too big and it was too thin.'
-Mewtwo leaks were fake, Mewtwo doesn't get either Mega Evolution, uses Psystrike as a Final Smash, acts 'basically like Lucario's FS'
-Aiming for Holiday 2014 release, might be delayed to Q1 2015 for more characters
-Sakurai hates Project M, Namco is trying to get Sakurai to take moveset ideas from it
-No cuts at the moment
-K. Rool is at the top of the list of potential newcomers once the current roster is finished
If it's real I doubt we'll be getting SSB4 before Q2 2015

Also Sakurai has said adding new characters is really difficult, so doubling the amount of newcomers and planning to add more characters afterward just doesn't sound like Sakurai.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Greetings
Trying to come off as Japanese?

Yeah, it's fake. He's calling it Super Smash Brothers X, like Brawl's Japanese title. Except for one thing...

The Japanese titles in the Smash series lack the word "Super." Brawl in Japan is just Smash Bros X.

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200

-No cuts at the moment
It coincides with the other leak
-No cut characters
-Isaac playable (the second assist trophy)
-Chrom without Lucina
-Alternate costumes
It makes me wonder if they took inspiration from the other leaker or are they onto something?
But I still doubt half of those 24 players were even considered to be playable.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I knew this was a lie but still, this is like leak city.

Only 95% of them are likely false and the ones that are probably true get ignored for being too safe/too unrealistic.
Safe? Pfft everyone believes those leaks. The better words are probably "Less than what people expected/minimalistic". It's the unrealistic ones that get doubted and are usually real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom