• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
SO which Leaks stand strong? also this is a good sign for King K Rool right?
Theoretically speaking it only worsened KRool's chances, as each DK character announced worsens the chances of another being in. Theoretically Dixie's chances are still bigger because of relevance and past decisions of Sakurai. The only way it's chances have gotten bigger is by number of mentions in live leaks, which isn't a reliable chance in the first place.

But you know, always look on the bright side of life, tudu,tudtutudutudu.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
so now that we got the easy predicted characters out of the way whos next for march? i heard palutena was a rumored character for march or no?

domriver

Smash Lord
Theoretically speaking it only worsened KRool's chances, as each DK character announced worsens the chances of another being in. Theoretically Dixie's chances are still bigger because of relevance and past decisions of Sakurai. The only way it's chances have gotten bigger is by number of mentions in live leaks, which isn't a reliable chance in the first place.

But you know, always look on the bright side of life, tudu,tudtutudutudu.
Didn't Sakurai mentioned about the lack of Villan and Female characters in the smash series? Oh but duhhh Dixie Female and King K Rool villan. oh well. Im still rooting for King K Rool!! :bluejump:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The banana peel could easily be an item... just saying, Sakurai could be trolling and it's not his down b
You got a point there, but when Diddy does his Down B he throws the peel behind him, and he is clearly doing that in the picture, whereas the item is thrown like a capsule or Pokeball. :/

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
You got a point there, but when Diddy does his Down B he throws the peel behind him, and he is clearly doing that in the picture, whereas the item is thrown like a capsule or Pokeball. :/
true but he could have left the banana peel and than used his up taunt sakurai is known for his fake outs i mean look at the punch out stage as an example

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
so now that we got the easy predicted characters out of the way whos next for march? i heard palutena was a rumored character for march or no?
Super Metroid was released March 19 in Japan. But I'd assume Ridley needs a more hype-y presentation to be revealed, like at E3.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Again, your points are faulty and lack substance. Your saying that "You assumptions are wrong because you can't prove anything." You forget we are talking about rumors here. Nothing is going to be concrete. The stance you are taking is that I have to give you 5 source documents and witness testimony or I'm wrong. It's simple
  • The guy had only posted the characters as a prediction. He never said anything about a source until after. He claims he didn't say he knew anything because "I wasn't sure if I could trust the source." This is not standard industry practice.
  • He specifically claims they were to be shown at E3. They weren't.
Already, the leak has major hole in it and it doesn't help that we have Rosalina in between. Again, the issue you are missing is you don't understand the logic behind the assumptions. You think that by throwing random questions out, you can dismantile the assumption. To be clear, here it is again.
  1. The leak would likely either come from a person working on the game or someone working on E3
  2. If someone was working on development, it wouldn't make sense that their info would be E3 specific and they would know more anyway
  3. The information was specific to the E3 event. As such, the most likely conclusion was that, if real, that he got info from someone working at E3.
So on to Mac's stage. They guy's source was likely from the E3 event. Thus, someone before the event gave him the info but the presentation was changed at a later date. The reason the former is importaint is this. The stage's development is outside the realm for an E3 worker. Now, the stage started life as a "Smash" stage. When Mac was shown, the stage converted to Punch-Out. If the E3 event was changed and the other three weren't shown, then the stage would have just not been shown. But it was. The Wii Fit and Megaman stages were not shown until the specific trailer was shown. So the Punch Out stage would have just as easily been the same way. But it was shown with Smash info. Again, the creation and development of the stages is done in Japan by the team working on the game. It wouldn't make sense to totally change the stage because they didn't want to show Mac at E3. That would be a lot of work for something so small. But for some reason, the stage was shown before Mac. What this suggest is that the idea was to always show the stage before Mac. And, as a result, the E3 leak is wrong. It is wrong because if the intention was to not show Mac at E3, then Sal's information never existed.

I laid the idea pretty simply. Your post are not trying to fight the idea but just try to shed doubt because I don't know all the ins and outs. In truth, either the information would not be available or it wouldn't matter anyway. I reached this conclusion with logical conclusions. Again. It makes sense that the leak had to come from someone inside E3. The stage was done in Japan, and would not be known by someone working at the E3 staff. If the stage started as a Smash stage and later changed, it means the decision was made in Japan to show it and not Mac. Thus, Mac was never planed to be at E3. Thus, the leak is false.

If you stop, I really don't care.

You did prove my point though. You questioned by "love" for Mii and Pac-Man shows they you do like them and it's why you are defending them.

There was no "leak" for UMvC3. Capcom has all the characters on the website. All someone did was right-click, view page source.
Honestly I don't even have to respond to the other stuff... It's just that ... well remember what I said about baseless assumptions. Really awkward now....

edit: I actually don't care for miis or Pac-man. Completely ambivalent on the matter. I already have the characters I want in the game other than Ridley.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
lol I was just joking, I knew I was late =P I just didn't have anything new to add.
Riddle me this: Pokémon Trozei releases March 12th in Japan, while Yoshi's New Island releases on the 14th in the US/EU; of which both days fall upon the same week. Are we likelier to see a Pokémon, Yoshi, or neither? Ball's in your court.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Why the heck would M2K have actually info on this that we haven't deveopled? Hate to break it to you but hes not god.
M2K made some vague replies about his upcoming stream that some people could misinterpret in him being asked by Ninty to help being a beta tester for ssb4.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd actually find it hilarious if we got Jigglypuff to coincide with Trozei.... Since she's already in the shape of a Trozei ball.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Warning Received
true but he could have left the banana peel and than used his up taunt sakurai is known for his fake outs i mean look at the punch out stage as an example
True dat, good sir. One can never truely know with Sakurai.

Riddle me this: Pokémon Trozei releases March 12th in Japan, while Yoshi's New Island releases on the 14th in the US/EU. Are we likelier to see a Pokémon, Yoshi, or neither? Ball's in your court.
Well, If the OP-Sumos leak is true we'll see Mr. G&W next.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I think there were quite a few Dixie/Diddy leaks, so I guess those are killed now? Sakurai is weeding out the leaks nicely :troll:
"Pic of the Day! Diddy returns as a solo fighter once again! You Diddy-Dixie leakers must feel very proud of yourselves right about now."

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Riddle me this: Pokémon Trozei releases March 12th in Japan, while Yoshi's New Island releases on the 14th in the US/EU; of which both days fall upon the same week. Are we likelier to see a Pokémon, Yoshi, or neither? Ball's in your court.
Pokémon, Japan's stuff usually goes 1st (which means everyone's favorite annoying adorable singing puffball is back, (Yoshi could still be revealed a lil later as it was with Lucario).

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pokémon, Japan's stuff goes 1st (which means everyone's favorite annoying adorable singing puffball is back, (Yoshi could still be revealed a lil later as it was with Lucario).
That might be true, though I think PKMN Trainer is likelier. That being said, the point of my quote was to give SUO an opportunity to prove their mettle. March 12th falls on Wednesday, and the 14th on Friday; so something will happen, but what is the question. Our resident leaker can let us know ahead of time.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Hooray for Diddy Kong! I didn't figure we'd get two new character updates in just a little over a week, but we did. 24 characters now, and they haven't even said a release date. Makes me wonder how many will be in and how many will be secret if they're going this full-on. Heck, back before Brawl came out and they were updating the Dojo, they only revealed 25 characters before the game came out. SSB4's roster is looking pretty sweet.

Also, I don't understand the Pac-Man hate at all. Can people give some reasons as to why they're so opposed to him, and actually back them up with a sound argument other than "I don't like him" or "he only belongs in a maze as a 2D circle"? Seriously, he is one of the most influential characters in all of gaming history, almost debatably moreso than Mario. Pac-Man is one of the most well-known mascots of all time and has fans young and old. Why the hate?

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
So, maybe one more character this month and then we head into March! Seems like the most likely March candidates are Yoshi on the 14th for YNI and ZSS on the 19th for the Super Metroid anniversary. Anything else I'm missing?

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Hooray for Diddy Kong! I didn't figure we'd get two new character updates in just a little over a week, but we did. 24 characters now, and they haven't even said a release date. Makes me wonder how many will be in and how many will be secret if they're going this full-on. Heck, back before Brawl came out and they were updating the Dojo, they only revealed 25 characters before the game came out. SSB4's roster is looking pretty sweet.
This actually gives me hope for a big roster, tbh. But I must not get my hopes up. Sakurai will hurt me if I do.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros

Also, I don't understand the Pac-Man hate at all. Can people give some reasons as to why they're so opposed to him, and actually back them up with a sound argument other than "I don't like him" or "he only belongs in a maze as a 2D circle"? Seriously, he is one of the most influential characters in all of gaming history, almost debatably moreso than Mario. Pac-Man is one of the most well-known mascots of all time and has fans young and old. Why the hate?

idk cus lucario,marth,sonic,toon link and luigi are all locked granted sonic a 3rd party but the others werent revealed till after the games release in japan i mean we havent even gotten some of the unlocked from the start characters yet like yoshi,wario,ice climbers,ike,lucas,zero suit samus,sheik,meta knight and pokemon trainer. plus all 3rd parties usually get revealed before release i think we have one more 3rd party left either snake or pac-man.

as for pac-man hate i agree i dont see why. i mean i can see the hate for mii but pac-man i dont.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
So, maybe one more character this month and then we head into March! Seems like the most likely March candidates are Yoshi on the 14th for YNI and ZSS on the 19th for the Super Metroid anniversary. Anything else I'm missing?
Pokémon Trozei comes out next month on the 12th (before Yoshi's game, and before Super Metroid's anniversary).

Ascended

Smash Ace
Remember when everyone thought there would be a Pokemon revealed on the release of X & Y? I'd say to be weary of a reveal coinciding with Trozei 2's release.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

It's because they don't think he has any moveset potential (they are dead wrong however, they must have never played a game where Pac-man actually fights: the 3 Pac-man World games).
Also I love Pac-man, and seeing him in a game with Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and not to mention Nintendo's oldest mascot Mr. Game & Watch would be a sight to behold. (The reason I threw Mr. G&W in there is because he was created around the same time as Pac-man).

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
It's because they don't think he has any moveset potential (they are dead wrong however, they must have never played a game where Pac-man actually fights: the 3 Pac-man World games).
Also I love Pac-man, and seeing him in a game with Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and not to mention Nintendo's oldest mascot Mr. Game & Watch would be a sight to behold. (The reason I threw Mr. G&W in there is because he was created around the same time as Pac-man).
Yeah, if Capcom can pull a moveset for Phoenix Wright out of their butts for UMvC3, I'm sure the talented people at Project Sora can do a good job for Pac-Man, even if they have to make stuff up. :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay guys, I'm not gonna name names, but we've just busted a third Smashboards clown who decided it would be a barrel of laughs to start up a new account and screw around making a false leak on these forums.

Consider this your warning that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated. The other mods and I are now well aware that this is the latest fad to grace this thread, and will not hesitate to use the handy tool we've got located at the bottom of each of your posts called the "IP Check." It allows us to sniff out fakers with absurd, ridiculous ease.

So yeah, don't bother even trying from here on out unless you're desperate to be infracted or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom