• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I really don't want pac in the game. Mii is fine. But no pac. Personally, even though he's an icon, I don't like him.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Palutena is cool. Miis are alright.

Pac-Man needs to stay the hell away.

He'll make a great replacement for Sandbag for me if he gets in, though. <3

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Although I dont mind Palutena I don't understand the pac man hate. Palutena talked to pit the whole game and provided weapons and stuff. Yet people are in her corner.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Although I dont mind Palutena I don't understand the pac man hate. Palutena talked to pit the whole game and provided weapons and stuff. Yet people are in her corner.
You also fight her.

And she's quite frankly hilarious.

I think I'm more opposed to Pac-Man than Miis personally.

I kinda like the ideas of Mii.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
He'll make a great replacement for Sandbag for me if he gets in, though. <3
I remember the people who saw R.O.B. the first time saying that xD.

And yeah I don't understand the Pac hate either ._. but the more hate I see for both Pac-Man and Mii, the more I want them in haha xD

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm still traumatized by his SFxTekken model.

He will smile. Throughout everything.
We don't need another psychopath.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like Pacman. If he's in I think I'll main him just to spite people.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am really trying to understand what Pac-Man did to the Smash Bros. fandom, because this is the first time I see so many people hating the yellow dude. Personally, I'd rather have him in the game than certain very popular choices (not going to mention names to avoid rocks).

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm still traumatized by his SFxTekken model.

He will smile. Throughout everything.
We don't need another psychopath.
hey hey hey hey whoa whoa whoa buddy. Let's get things straight:

NINTENDO IS NOT CAPCOM

Nintendo already succeeded in putting Mega Man into the game, as to where Capcom has completely turned the other cheek and FORGOTTEN their mascot. We will not have that hideous monstrosity of a Pac-Man just like how we didn't get...this...THING!!!:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

NINTENDO IS NOT CAPCOM

Nintendo already succeeded in putting Mega Man into the game, as to where Capcom has completely turned the other cheek and FORGOTTEN their mascot. We will not have that hideous monstrosity of a Pac-Man just like how we didn't get...this...THING!!!:

I hope that's an Alt Costume for Mega Man in SSB4.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

NINTENDO IS NOT CAPCOM

I like how in an interview discussing Mega Man, Sakurai pretty much said he did a better job at including Mega Man in a fighting game than what Capcom did in MvC.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
To be honest, this is the only place he belongs:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Now, do you guys think the Palutena leak and the E3 leak can both be true?
There's no contradiction between the two, so it's certainly in the realm of possibility that both can happen.

Though I do think it's a bit unlikely that two leaks, one as major as two full screenshots, both make it out of the developing studio.

I wouldn't mind if both turned out to be true. Pac-Man is a gaming icon that deserves to be in, while Miis are Nintendo All-Stars (even though I find the idea repulsive), and Palutena is my most wanted character.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Hmph. GaeozHero is still in the running, at least for the next ten days. If he's lying, he made a wise decision to say Diddy would be revealed "this month" rather than on the Tropical Freeze Japanese release date since it keeps us guessing just a little longer.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Seeing as the last shot shows a banana, the dixie/diddy combo is confirmed fake. His Down-B will be mapped to that, and tripping will occur solely for him (at the time of writing).

However, Dixie by herself is still up for questioning.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if the leak is still live but wasn't there a leak that claimed Diddy was supposed to be announced before Little Mac, cause this screenshot could make a case out of that:

As you can see here this shot was clearly made before Mac's stage reveal. There's also a more recent Diddy pic (http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/diddy_kong/screen-4.jpg) made along with Little Mac that shows the updated Punch Out stage. There is a small possibility the ring could change appearance depending on if Mac is fighting but I highly doubt that since there is literally no reason to do that. So I would say this new pic adds to the credibility of that leak (if it's still live that is).

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The Sound Guy Leak tries too hard to sound real.
The only thing that doesn't make sense about his rumor is that he said Shulk's an AT but the recorded a bunch of Xenoblade songs and a stge on the 3DS and Wii U. Why go through all that extra effort to just make the rep character an AT?

Everything else sounds pretty solid though, imo.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that the WiiLuvU leak says: " the team decided to include Sonic as opposed to including more characters around September/October 2007." Sonic was revealed in October 2007, so the fact that he claimed that a character was finished within less than a month should have been a dead giveaway way before today.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not sure if the leak is still live but wasn't there a leak that claimed Diddy was supposed to be announced before Little Mac, cause this screenshot could make a case out of that:

As you can see here this shot was clearly made before Mac's stage reveal. There's also a more recent Diddy pic (http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/diddy_kong/screen-4.jpg) made along with Little Mac that shows the updated Punch Out stage. There is a small possibility the ring could change appearance depending on if Mac is fighting but I highly doubt that since there is literally no reason to do that. So I would say this new pic adds to the credibility of that leak (if it's still live that is).
There was no reason to have Alfonzo replace ST Link so I don't see why Mac could change the appearance of a stage. Alternatively, it might just choose one of the designs randomly.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You guys must have not read the part of the GaozHero (or however the hell it's spelled) where he said a Tetris newcomer would be shown this month.

He and WiiULuv, at the very least, are now dead and rotting.

EDIT: @ suomynona suomynona It's dead, and yet you know about the Golden Hammer?? *eyebrow raise*

Last edited:

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
Hey, let's try something here to get back on topic...

@ suomynona suomynona , remember when you said Diddy wouldn't be revealed last week? Care to enlighten us with any intel about whether or not he's getting revealed tomorrow instead?
My sources tell me he will be revealed tonight!! :p but seriously, it's been dead. If it makes you feel any better he is pretty certain the golden hammer isn't coming back (woo!!)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
My sources tell me he will be revealed tonight!! :p but seriously, it's been dead. If it makes you feel any better he is pretty certain the golden hammer isn't coming back (woo!!)
Dude, you're a little late saying that, my friend. Why weren't you here about 45 minutes ago with that? :laugh:

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
so diddy is in and his down special is a banana peel meaning no dixie team up though i dont doubt dixie's appearance in this game. so maybe some leaks who contain her will live but im not sure how many do that are teamed up with diddy.

also whats with the pac hate? i feel like im one of the few people who want him in the game.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

KILL ALL THE LEAKS THAT SAID DIDDY WAS PAIRED WITH DIXIE. KILL THEM ALL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom