• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
Yeah, if Capcom can pull a moveset for Phoenix Wright out of their butts for UMvC3, I'm sure the talented people at Project Sora can do a good job for Pac-Man, even if they have to make stuff up. :awesome:
i dont think they have to make up as much as you think. pac-man has had a good 3 or 4 adventure maybe more not sure but each adventure specially like stated the pac-man world games gave him many different abilities. i just played pac-man world 2 and found a good moves for him and if they made ice climbers work with only ONE game im sure pac-man can work i mean heck captain falcon's moveset is completely made up

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
i dont think they have to make up as much as you think. pac-man has had a good 3 or 4 adventure maybe more not sure but each adventure specially like stated the pac-man world games gave him many different abilities. i just played pac-man world 2 and found a good moves for him and if they made ice climbers work with only ONE game im sure pac-man can work i mean heck captain falcon's moveset is completely made up
Exactly. At least Pac-Man, unlike Captain Falcon, actually HAS a moveset that can be easily created if you've actually ever played any of his games past the originals. And if you haven't, then I don't believe you have much room to say he "doesn't belong." He's a fantastic character and deserves a spot on the roster as much as Sonic and far moreso than Snake.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Pac-man might get a similar treatment to Captain Falcon (that's if they don't base his moveset from the 3 World games).
Wait isn't there any moves from Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures that might serve as some use to the Pacster? (the video game version, even tho it's based on a Disney TV show).

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Pac-man might get a similar treatment to Captain Falcon (that's if they don't base his moveset from the 3 World games).
Wait isn't there any moves from Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures that might serve as some use to the Pacster?
Not a lot, unless they want to start throwing in the different Kirby-esque power ups, which I don't think they'll include. I think most inspiration for his moveset would come from the original game, Pac-Man 2, Pac-Man World, and Pac-Man World 2.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I think it would be interesting, but my main point was if the leak would be revived, maybe it got wrong the release dates but if in the end it results on being true... what would happen to it
Wait isn't there any moves from Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures that might serve as some use to the Pacster? (the video game version, even tho it's based on a Disney TV show).
There was powerups in the game so yeah it could work..but i still want Rayman..

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It's because they don't think he has any moveset potential (they are dead wrong however, they must have never played a game where Pac-man actually fights: the 3 Pac-man World games).
Also I love Pac-man, and seeing him in a game with Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and not to mention Nintendo's oldest mascot Mr. Game & Watch would be a sight to behold. (The reason I threw Mr. G&W in there is because he was created around the same time as Pac-man).
While I think a good moveset could be made for Pacman, I have in fact played the Pac Man World games and while he does fight in those games Pac man's skill set in those games really doesn't make for an interesting moveset, and I'm sure why people always cite them as proof of Pac man's potential. I think you'd be better off going more abstract with his moveset than going with a really boring moveset just because it's technically possible to makemoveset based directly off of the world games. But I'm not sure if this is the place to discuss that.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
There was powerups in the game so yeah it could work..but i still want Rayman..
Rayman would have worked had Legends stayed as a Wii U exclusive (even then Rayman didn't have many games on Nintendo systems, aside from the Raving Rabbids spinoffs), but then again Globox would have to be there as an assist trophy if Rayman got in.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I still find it hard to believe how many people thought the Diddy+Dixie tag-team was gonna happen.

Just because it was considered for Brawl does not mean it would return here, especially since Diddy had already been established as a stand-alone character once the game released.

When a character is by themselves in one game, but suddenly given a tag partner in the next, isn't that technically a demotion? Diddy was fine as he was. I'm glad they made the right decision.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros

not sure i havent played the new one as for moves not sure since its based off a tv show they could but im guessing they may take moves from all games personally they dont even need to touch ground on the new one so pac is based off his games more not his TV show

and i hope they dont treat him like captain falcon cus he has way more moves to work with.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I still find it hard to believe how many people thought the Diddy+Dixie tag-team was gonna happen.

Just because it was considered for Brawl does not mean it would return here, especially since Diddy had already been established as a stand-alone character once the game released.

When a character is by themselves in one game, but suddenly given a tag partner in the next, isn't that technically a demotion? Diddy was fine as he was. I'm glad they made the right decision.
Yeah. I personally didn't like that whole tag team thing. It seemed a bit strange to include that in the new Smash when Diddy was all by himself in Brawl. But you never know with Sakurai. He loves to troll surprise people.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
So Diddy is in. Sakurai managed to be unpredictable... by being predictable. Take that Inception. So no Diddy-Dixie tag teams. Leaks with those are now dead.

I don't like the idea of Miis. Not because they may possibly not belong... but because of the can of worms they open. If we got Miis, they should be customizable. And we should be able to fight against other people's customizable Miis. But think about it. This is Nintendo. Nintendo. You think that they will let kids fight against Hitler and Bin Laden Miis that immature people would make? I doubt it. So then we can either only see our own customizable Miis and not other players... or we can't customize them at all. See that? Can opened. Worms all over the floor. That what bugs me the most.

Pac-Man isn't a bad choice, he's just what most would consider a "fun" choice. (Of course, that depends on his moveset.) I expect him to make it in, just on the fact that besides him... any other Namco rep would come with a bunch of hate because it's hard to unify under another. A "Tales of" character? Soul Calibur? Tekken? Pac-Man represents the company the most. It HAS to be him. Consider all of the Arcade Mario Kart games and it's a dead giveaway. He will depend on his moveset totally. For me that makes him in the game group as Rosalina. I'm not hyped for her, but I'm not surprised she got in. The moveset will make the (pac-)man. Rosalina got a good moveset and wasn't a Peach Clone, Pac-Man will need a good moveset to not be a Kirby Clone. But I wouldn't say he doesn't belong in.

Also, because I feel I need to say this: thanks to the mods for doing a good job of modding this site. They were good during the Brawl days when I was lurking and hoping that Mewtwo made it back in and now that I'm finally posting, I see them doing their thing here now and I respect it much more. No modding staff is perfect but god, this is so much better then what Gamefaqs has. I barely go there now. That and some of those posts are just rage inducing.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
Not a lot, unless they want to start throwing in the different Kirby-esque power ups, which I don't think they'll include. I think most inspiration for his moveset would come from the original game, Pac-Man 2, Pac-Man World, and Pac-Man World 2.
i think they include some moves from his arcade game well one move. his final smash about it. but this could be the problem see as sakurai wanted to keep megaman to his 8bit NES as much as possible and if they did this for pac-man this could be an issue but who knows

last post on pac-man chat dont wanna get off topic

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
i think they include some moves from his arcade game well one move. his final smash about it. but this could be the problem see as sakurai wanted to keep megaman to his 8bit NES as much as possible and if they did this for pac-man this could be an issue but who knows

last post on pac-man chat dont wanna get off topic
A very smart and wise decision SuperPiccoloBros, back on topic we go.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Take Pac-Man discussion to the Pac-Man thread.

andimidna

Smash Master
Hmm... I'm definitely taking Diddy/Dixie Duo off my roster... but they could easily switch with Down B, and that banana could easily be the item...
If the leaks mention them being announced on the same day, together always, or a date, they're dead...
But... is it 100% deconfirmed?...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Link? I'm curious to see his roster.
It's 4chan so image links die, and I haven't seen him around lately. If I see it ill be sure to save it.

Currently though, I know he has Bayonetta, another weird third party, and Fiora from Xenoblade. So, his luck is going to run out.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
"All veterans return from Brawl. Along with that Mewtwo as well as Roy will return, with a reworked play style."
This is believable.
"The new assist trophies I was told of include:
Plum (Mario Golf 64)- Hits golf balls at opposing players
Lissa (Fire Emblem Awakening)- When summoned heals the summoner by half their damage
Adeleine (Kirby 64)- When summoned a canvas appears behind her and she paints enemies to attack the opposing players.
General Scales (Star Fox Adventures) – Jumps into the background and calls fourth sharpclaw troops to attack the other players."
All of these are believable. I've been wanting a Lissa assist myself. And I've never thought of Plum as an assist... that's perfect!
Never thought of Adeline as an assist either...

"Wii Fit Trainer
The Villager
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac
Chrom/Lucina
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K Rool
Lip
Prince Sable
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Issac
Shulk
Palutena
Pac Man"

All very believable. I don't know anything about Prince Sable, so I can't say anything about him. But I'm skeptical about a 6th Mario rep... it's possible I guess. I'm also skeptical about no Takamaru... I like Lip more, but always thought Takamaru was more likely.

"They did not get really much into details for all the characters styles of gameplay but was able to get some information about a few.
Krystal- Will play like how Fox did from Star Fox Adventures. By having specials focused on the skills utilized in that game.
Chrom/Lucina- The reason they went with the tag team between the two was to acknowledge the team up gameplay style introduced in Fire Emblem Awakening
Dixie Kong- She will utilize her hair and some of her move sets will be taken from her sister Tiny’s gameplay from DK 64."

I'm speculating all of these things currently, even Chrom and Lucina together and Dixie taking moves from Tiny.
I like this leak. I just wish it had a Zelda character and Takamaru. And a FE newcomer over Roy.

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
"All veterans return from Brawl. Along with that Mewtwo as well as Roy will return, with a reworked play style."
This is believable.
Lissa (Fire Emblem Awakening)- When summoned heals the summoner by half their damage
Adeleine (Kirby 64)- When summoned a canvas appears behind her and she paints enemies to attack the opposing players.
General Scales (Star Fox Adventures) – Jumps into the background and calls fourth sharpclaw troops to attack the other players."
All of these are believable. I've been wanting a Lissa assist myself. And I've never thought of Plum as an assist... that's perfect!

"Wii Fit Trainer
The Villager
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac
Chrom/Lucina
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K Rool
Lip
Prince Sable
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Issac
Shulk
Palutena
Pac Man"

All very believable. I don't know anything about Prince Sable, so I can't say anything about him. But I'm skeptical about a 6th Mario rep... it's possible I guess. I'm also skeptical about no Takamaru... I like Lip more, but always thought Takamaru was more likely.

"They did not get really much into details for all the characters styles of gameplay but was able to get some information about a few.
Krystal- Will play like how Fox did from Star Fox Adventures. By having specials focused on the skills utilized in that game.
Chrom/Lucina- The reason they went with the tag team between the two was to acknowledge the team up gameplay style introduced in Fire Emblem Awakening
Dixie Kong- She will utilize her hair and some of her move sets will be taken from her sister Tiny’s gameplay from DK 64."

I'm speculating all of these things currently, even Chrom and Lucina together and Dixie taking moves from Tiny.
I like this leak. I just wish it had a Zelda character and Takamaru. And a FE newcomer over Roy.
I don't know abot this..... it's too... purrfect...

It has every character the vast majority has been speculating and putting on their roster for the past 8+ months aside from takamaru... I wouldn't touch this with a 20 foot poll.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay so the diddy pics show his banana peel down b so any leak suggesting a pir up must be assumed wrong(i say assume because its still possible that sakurai will change that out)

Shroob

Sup?
That has been something I've noticed. Fake leaks used to pretty much ALWAYS include Takamaru... Now it's always Prince Sable.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
This is believable.

"Wii Fit Trainer
The Villager
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac
Chrom/Lucina
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K Rool
Lip
Prince Sable
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Issac
Shulk
Palutena
Pac Man"

Interesting leak there, I always get my hopes up for Krystal when I see a leak with her name in it, haha. Where did you hear/get this leak from? I'm curious to find out.

Shroob

Sup?
Also.... Am I the only one who thinks, if we get no cuts from Brawl AND Krystal that Star Fox will be arguably THE MOST overrepped franchise in the game when you count the amount of games it has?

NES Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Adventure
Assault
Command
3DS 64

and the cancelled Star Fox 2..... That's just insane for such a small franchise that's not even considered to be 'alive' at the moment. I love Star Fox and all, but with 6 games, 5 really if you want to get technical, that'd be nuts to have 4 characters... in my opinion. Fire Emblem has over a dozen and it only gets two!

Granted, Star Fox WAS huge in its day, but I still can't see a 4th Star Fox character.... Granted, Sakurai is Sakurai after all.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Also.... Am I the only one who thinks, if we get no cuts from Brawl AND Krystal that Star Fox will be arguably THE MOST overrepped franchise in the game when you count the amount of games it has?

NES Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Adventure
Assault
Command
3DS 64

and the cancelled Star Fox 2..... That's just insane for such a small franchise that's not even considered to be 'alive' at the moment. I love Star Fox and all, but with 6 games, 5 really if you want to get technical, that'd be nuts to have 4 characters... in my opinion. Fire Emblem has over a dozen and it only gets two!

Granted, Star Fox WAS huge in its day, but I still can't see a 4th Star Fox character.... Granted, Sakurai is Sakurai after all.
dont for get kid icarus uprising.....what it was originaly going to be the new starfox

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Excellent, we busted that Translator Leak for good, that one leaker who dropped in saying Mii was never on the table is gone. Great, excellent. We are down to a few leaks. Let's see how this turns out. Let's see how the meltdowns play out with the final roster.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can almost believe that leak. It seems reasonable. That's the thing about this game's roster. There's so few major Nintendo allstars left that almost any roster is believable when you throw in the remaining ones amongst a few ''out theres" and ''retros."

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If that leak is true, I'm going to be very sad that Takamaru didn't join the Smash family, but at least overjoyed about K. Rool, Ridley and Palutena.

I'd accept it, although all leaks are suspect to me at the moment without visual proof.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman

NES Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Adventure
Assault
Command
3DS 64

I believe you mean SNES, not NES. Also, it's worth noting that 64 and 64 3D are both enhanced remakes of the original Star Fox meaning that there are really only four different Star Fox games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which leak are we talking about?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is believable.

"Wii Fit Trainer
The Villager
Megaman
Rosalina
Little Mac
Chrom/Lucina
Dixie Kong
Ridley
King K Rool
Lip
Prince Sable
Bowser Jr.
Krystal
Issac
Shulk
Palutena
Pac Man"

Dixie AND K rool seem very unlikely, as does Krystal, Bowser Jr and I don't even know who prince sable is and if he is third party I think that already means this is fake as didn't Sakurai saying that not some nobody is getting in this game. and no pokemon newcomer really ticks me off because every smash game to date has given us 2 newcomers from that series and one of them has always been from the latest gen.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr being in the leak is what puts me off. I know that Mario is the face of Nintendo, but Jr would make the series have too many reps in my opinion

MrBond

Smash Cadet

NES Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Adventure
Assault
Command
3DS 64

I'd be content if they replaced Wolf with Krystal. But then again, Wolf seems like the more diverse char. apart from Fox and Falco. Plus, it would mean no villain rep for the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom