• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I'd be content if they replaced Wolf with Krystal. But then again, Wolf seems like the more diverse char. apart from Fox and Falco. Plus, it would mean no villain rep for the franchise.
I'd rather keep Wolf and ditch Falco for Krystal, but that's not the purpose of the thread.

So, leaks:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Dixie AND K rool seem very unlikely, as does Krystal, Bowser Jr and I don't even know who prince sable is and if he is third party I think that already means this is fake as didn't Sakurai saying that not some nobody is getting in this game. and no pokemon newcomer really ticks me off because every smash game to date has given us 2 newcomers from that series and one of them has always been from the latest gen.
Prince Sable isn't third party, he's a retro character that's strangely been appearing in a lot of leaks lately. It didn't stop Pit or Ice Climbers from getting in, who weren't so popular compared to other retro characters. I wouldn't bet on a leak being fake because a "nobody" is in. You never know what direction Sakurai is going with this time around.

And yeah I guess the whole GaeozHero(a play on Chaos_Zero, of course) is about to be good as dead. It sounds cool, but I doubt we'll get another newcomer. I would really hate if we looked back on these leaks and some of them ended up being real with some details about it false (though it could just be lucky guesses either way). And ouch, the brawl era leak is getting more credible...

Too bad for all those fake leakers with the same I.P, Anon guy was actually kind of believable to me. Making leaks sounds fun, but I would never be able to make one because I would never want to even slightly get the hopes up of devoted fans only for them to be put down immensely during the games release. It would be the worst feeling.

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Not really. It's like saying Sheik is de-confirmed since they've shown Zelda without her.
But we can clearly see Diddy's down special, neutral special and up special. There is no evidence to suggest that Dixie and Diddy will be tagged.
And no. 'Leaks' dont count as evidence.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dixie AND K rool seem very unlikely, as does Krystal, Bowser Jr and I don't even know who prince sable is and if he is third party I think that already means this is fake as didn't Sakurai saying that not some nobody is getting in this game. and no pokemon newcomer really ticks me off because every smash game to date has given us 2 newcomers from that series and one of them has always been from the latest gen.
Yeah, every leak without a new Pokémon rep rubs me the wrong way. I mean, not getting a new Pokémon rep is possible, but quite unlikely if you ask me. Unless they are counting Mewtwo as a newcomer, which would be dumb. And sadly I agree about Dixie and K Rool being unlikely, for some reason I think we are not getting DK newcomers in Smash 4.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering DK is one of the few franchises of Nintendo's left without MAJOR all stars not in the roster? I'll be severely surprised if Dixie or K. Rool isn't in the roster.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, every leak without a new Pokémon rep rubs me the wrong way. I mean, not getting a new Pokémon rep is possible, but quite unlikely if you ask me. Unless they are counting Mewtwo as a newcomer, which would be dumb. And sadly I agree about Dixie and K Rool being unlikely, for some reason I think we are not getting DK newcomers in Smash 4.
I was in agreement with you until it was pointed out to me that DKC is the 4th most successful franchise Nintendo has right now. Putting it on the same level as Earthbound, Fire Emblem, and the like seems distinctly unfair to the amazingly popular series. I think Dixie is highly likely but I have no coherent argument as to why outside of gut instinct.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was in agreement with you until it was pointed out to me that DKC is the 4th most successful franchise Nintendo has right now. Putting it on the same level as Earthbound, Fire Emblem, and the like seems distinctly unfair to the amazingly popular series. I think Dixie is highly likely but I have no coherent argument as to why outside of gut instinct.
Yeah, I am aware of DKC popularity, I've been following the series since I was a kid, it is easily one of my favorite Nintendo franchises. That said, perhaps Sakurai decided to give priority to other franchises? I mean, Dixie is starring again in Tropical Freeze, so it would make sense to have her in Smash Bros too, but I can't help but feel that she will be left behind once again. King K. Rool would be a very welcome addition to the Smash Bros series too, but Retro Studios denying to use the kremlings not once, but twice, makes me skeptical about his appearance in Smash 4. Although he did appear in some sport games...

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Can we go back to leaks now? Moderators are right, if y'all want to talk about this and that, then go to the respective threads, not this one :smash:

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
My apologies, I thought I was in character discussion.

I think we can de-confirm Dixie & Diddy as a tag team for now. Perhaps if we get some evidence later that suggests it we can admit we were wrong but as of now it seems incredibly unlikely. The only currently alive rumour affected by this is WiiLuvU, which to be perfectly honest, seems quite unlikely to begin with. He also 'predicts Dixie will be unveiled with the release of Tropical Freeze' and that didn't happen either. As far as I can tell in my sleep deprived state no other currently live leak claimed Diddy + Dixie.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But we can clearly see Diddy's down special, neutral special and up special. There is no evidence to suggest that Dixie and Diddy will be tagged.
It is either his Down+B or the Banana Peel item so we cannot say for sure... I knew that Sakurai would finally show a banana peel when Diddy Kong was confirmed...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not really. It's like saying Sheik is de-confirmed since they've shown Zelda without her.
Difference is that Sheik is a transformation. Diddy and Dixie would have been a tag-team, which means that Dixie would be in plain sight even while Diddy is the one doing battle. The Diddy/Dixie duo idea is dead, and so are the leaks which suggest it.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Even if Dixie was to magically appear as Diddy's tag partner later on, it looks like Sakurai would still treat her as her own character, like he does with the likes of Sheik and ZSS: she isn't added in the same character page as Diddy, like Sheik isn't in Zelda's. So whether she is tagged along with Diddy, or becomes her own character, she'll get a newcomer treatment anyway. Surely I'd rather her take an independent place in the roster, but if that hurts K. Rool's chances, I wouldn't mind her added to Diddy's slot. We'll see.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That Picture with the banana shows Diddy using one of his Taunts. The Banana peel can easily be a normal item. ^^

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
Huge thank you to Aerodrome, as he was able to lift the ban. I just want to tell you guys that I never MADE the leak. I just posted it on GameFAQs and got bashed for it. I never advocated it, I never got defensive, I was simply stating my side of it, that's all.

Thank you to the very mature people on this site who weren't closed-minded about this. I really had no reason to lie or cheat people about a game. I was just reporting findings. Thanks.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Considering DK is one of the few franchises of Nintendo's left without MAJOR all stars not in the roster? I'll be severely surprised if Dixie or K. Rool isn't in the roster.
Given that we've already had the most logical time for a DK newcomer reveal come and go, I'll be very surprised if we do get a DK newcomer.
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong represent DK quite well, especially given K. Rool's unfortunate disappearance from the series, so don't be surprised if he doesn't show up.

Prince Sable isn't third party, he's a retro character that's strangely been appearing in a lot of leaks lately. It didn't stop Pit or Ice Climbers from getting in, who weren't so popular compared to other retro characters. I wouldn't bet on a leak being fake because a "nobody" is in. You never know what direction Sakurai is going with this time around.
Prince Sable seems to be showing up a lot due to Smashboards seizing on him as a potential retro rep. The more people mention him, the more people decide to put him in "leaks".

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Two character revealed, two amounts of "leaks" busted. Just shows how unreliable those pointless rumors are.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Two character revealed, two amounts of "leaks" busted. Just shows how unreliable those pointless rumors are.
Your avatar is adorable.

Also, true, but rumors are fun and passes the time. I hope we'll get some legit-looking Pictures soon. It's fun watching people debunk and un-bunk.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If these leakers are here just to satisfy me with Sable, you can tell them to get off their saddle and leave me alone. ;-;
Otherwise, you better tell me the truth.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If these leakers are here just to satisfy me with Sable, you can tell them to get off their saddle and leave me alone. ;-;
Otherwise, you better tell me the truth.
The truth no one knows?

Did you honestly believe in any of those "leaks" in the first place? Those "leaks" are nothing but the imagination of some trolls who like to mess with other people, making them fall for fake information.

The only leaks that have a shred of credibility so far are the Palutena leak and the pre-E3 leak that had the 3 newcomers revealed then.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm glad we can now sweep some more outlandish rumors aside. I'm looking forward to what the future "leaker-wannabes" are going to adapt on all this as they'll create some more. Though I wonder what this means for Dixie.

A.K.A when will we see Palutena-like big leak that has us debating non-stop, I miss those days.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm glad we can now sweep some more outlandish rumors aside. I'm looking forward to what the future "leaker-wannabes" are going to adapt on all this as they'll create some more. Though I wonder what this means for Dixie.

A.K.A when will we see Palutena-like big leak that has us debating non-stop, I miss those days.
My sources tell me everyone should just wait til E3. I hear there will be a trailer, some characters will be shown, and people will have mixed reactions.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My sources tell me everyone should just wait til E3. I hear there will be a trailer, some characters will be shown, and people will have mixed reactions.
Of course. Whatever to spend the time until that. Things get boring here quick.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
About that leak with all the highly requested characters (does it even have a name yet?), I feel torn about it. Yes, it will have something for just about everyone (K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, and Shulk just to name a few), but at the same time some franchises would get really bloated with 6 Mario reps, 4 Fire Emblem characters (or 5 if you count Lucina in the duo with Chrom), and 4 for Star Fox and Donkey Kong.

Then again we already have 5 Mario reps now which breaks the assumption that only 4 reps are allowed per franchise, but it still feels too good to be true any way you slice it.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Then again we already have 5 Mario reps now which breaks the assumption that only 4 reps are allowed per franchise, but it still feels too good to be true any way you slice it.
Was this ever an assumption? Mario had 5 in Melee and Pokemon effectively had 6 in Brawl.

5 Fire Emblem characters and 4 Star Fox characters would be ridiculous. Any leak that predicts 3 FE newcomers and Krystal should be dead on arrival.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Heh, if anything, Mario should have six characters by now; eight total with the two spin-off franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom