• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
Where'd you find your profile pic? If you dont mind me asking.
Lol, nice catch. But yeah, I remember that topic now from Gamefaqs. It was made about a month or so ago. Everyone tore that person to shreds when they couldn't remember the site name. Also there's the whole issue of only that person seeing that leak despite it apparently being made prior to E3? Sorry, but if that was real it would have gotten a lot more exposure like the other pre-E3 leak.
I was the one who posted the "leak" on GameFAQs because I found it somewhere, a site which I still don't recall. I go by "DiZ0X" there too.

People on GameFAQs were being ignorant. Once again, I was scrolling through random Smash sites and I came across it, so I just decided to post it for others' convenience. I was trying to be helpful to the closed-minded community and people decided to bash me. I found it pretty funny. Oh well, that's life. That's GameFAQS.

I don't care if the leak is real or not. If it happens, it happens and if not then life goes on, right?

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Isn't weird that a leak that was made around a year before the release of the game has ALL characters.

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I was the one who posted the "leak" on GameFAQs because I found it somewhere, a site which I still don't recall. I go by "DiZ0X" there too.

People on GameFAQs were being ignorant. Once again, I was scrolling through random Smash sites and I came across it, so I just decided to post it for others' convenience. I was trying to be helpful to the closed-minded community and people decided to bash me. I found it pretty funny. Oh well, that's life. That's GameFAQS.

I don't care if the leak is real or not. If it happens, it happens and if not then life goes on, right?
So you just happened to join here soon after someone posted that image here?

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
So you just happened to join here soon after someone posted that image here?
Well, I actually joined this morning to view a roster picture someone posted. But when I saw the picture I posted being thrown around, I decided to post.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Dudes, the picture's edited. You can clearly see two mistakes:

1. The "y" in "July" drags into the time (10:44 AM). Zoom in and you'll barely be able to see only a few pixels that actually connect the two. Suspicious? Yeah, a bit.
2. To the left of King Dedede and Meta Knight, you can see a white block taken out of the background. This seems odd, but how would that block just be a bug with the forum this guy posted in? This is definitely edited.
Yeah, I was looking at those earlier. Most likely edited.
</3 Tingle, though.

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
Guys, my friend at Namco Bandai told me that leak list is BS because Super Macho Man, Glass, and Masahiro Samurai aren't on that list.
Now I can't release the bogus. BOOOO NINTENDO.
I actually prfer Aran Ryan.
Hopefully the GEICO Cavemen and Leonidas are stil getting in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is the second guy within a few hours who, after the posting of a leak, has created a new Smashboards profile immediately after the posting of said leak to comment on it. First @Ceres came in on a new profile to claim a leak was wrong based on his information, now @ DiZ0X DiZ0X pops up and comments on the leak he claims to have posted on GameFAQs a while ago. Not to say this rules out any of what they're saying, necessarily, but it's funny how they have some Spidey Sense that alerts them, oh crap, my leak's been posted, better go see what's up.

Unless, of course, it's not actually them, and it's one of you guys who thinks he's being hilarious.

Last edited:

fill

20EggsEggs
This is the second guy within a few hours who, after the posting of a leak, has created a new Smashboards profile immediately after the posting of said leak to comment on it. First @Ceres came in on a new profile to claim a leak was wrong based on his information, now @ DiZ0X DiZ0X pops up and comments on the leak he claims to have posted on GameFAQs a while ago. Not to say this rules out any of what they're saying, necessarily, but it's funny how they have some Spidey Sense that alerts them, oh crap, my leak's been posted, better go see what's up.

Unless, of course, it's not actually them, and it's one of you guys who thinks he's being hilarious.
maybe they have tin foil hats on and thats how they know they need to join and post

Last edited:

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet

I actually just creep these boards, started at page 207. I made an account this morning and you're most welcome to check it out. So while I was doing me creepin', I saw the picture posted here, so I decided to post. And it is me. I could message whoever on GameFAQs if needed, but I'm not really known there so it doesn't matter. Karma there is 679, if you guys are like GFAQs and that says anything here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I actually just creep these boards, started at page 207. I made an account this morning and you're most welcome to check it out. So while I was doing me creepin', I saw the picture posted here, so I decided to post. And it is me. I could message whoever on GameFAQs if needed, but I'm not really known there so it doesn't matter. Karma there is 679, if you guys are like GFAQs and that says anything here.
Proof?
Can you show you're one and the same?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's a Neogaf page right?

Can we just check this person's record there?
Not even close (As a GAF member I would know.)

What bugs me the most about that picture is that I've seen that layout before..I just can't remember what forum it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, I'll buy that, since GameFAQs can't seem to get it through its thick collective skull that, no, a legitimate leaker is probably not going to be some forum regular with sky-high Karma.

Now, would you care to discuss why there are very suspicious Photoshop-esque white splotches all over that alleged message board post image?

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Okay, I'll buy that, since GameFAQs can't seem to get it through its thick collective skull that, no, a legitimate leaker is probably not going to be some forum regular with sky-high Karma.

Now, would you care to discuss why there are very suspicious Photoshop-esque white splotches all over that alleged message board post image?
Link to said post/image?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Please, if anyone who has inside sources is reading this, when the time comes... PLEASE without hesitation... Leak the freaking roster... I can't take much more of these **** false leaks...

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet

It's not Photoshop, I printscreened it on Paintbrush for the Mac, which I just found out how to use at the time as I got my first MacBook on January 11th, 2014. It could have been a genuine error of mine, to be honest when pasting the data.

D

Deleted member

Please, if anyone who has inside sources is reading this, when the time comes... PLEASE without hesitation... Leak the freaking roster... I can't take much more of these **** false leaks...
If you can't take it anymore, then why do you keep coming back?

about 99.999999999% of them are going to be fake.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's not Photoshop, I printscreened it on Paintbrush for the Mac, which I just found out how to use at the time as I got my first MacBook on January 11th, 2014. It could have been a genuine error of mine, to be honest when pasting the data.
Okay. Want to tell us what sort of thread that was in? Was it a roster prediction thread? A general discussion thread? An E3 thread?

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if the date is correct, this guy knows what's up.
Searched up the title and the exact date it was posted on, and couldn't find a thing. Either its fake or its been deleted. There's a 50/50 chance here, though I'm leaning towards Fake.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Care to explain why you thought it would be better to screencap the post rather than posting the link? And also how you were the only person who ever saw that post? I would think that leak would have spread like wildfire like the famous WFT/Mega Man/Villager/Pac Man/Mii/Mac leak.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
All right.
Still doesn't mean it's real though...
I never stated it was...

Okay. Want to tell us what sort of thread that was in? Was it a roster prediction thread? A general discussion thread? An E3 thread?
I think it was a general discussion one to be honest.

And to the people asking all the questions, it could be fake, it could be real. Who cares? I posted something I found, if it doesn't turn out to be true then life goes on.

Care to explain why you thought it would be better to screencap the post rather than posting the link? And also how you were the only person who ever saw that post? I would think that leak would have spread like wildfire like the famous WFT/Mega Man/Villager/Pac Man/Mii/Mac leak.
I actually don't know why I did that. Probably stupidity on my part. I thought it would be easier, for some reason.

D

Deleted member

I think it was a general discussion one to be honest.

And to the people asking all the questions, it could be fake, it could be real. Who cares? I posted something I found, if it doesn't turn out to be true then life goes on.
Calm down. The whole point of "leaks" are to determine if they are real or fake.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Wait, so Mew2King got hands on with SSB4 via beta testing recently? I need a better explanation if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One more question from me, then @ DiZ0X DiZ0X : when did you find the picture? January? And how soon after you found it did you post it to GameFAQs? That's why you were ridiculed on GameFAQs so much at the time, I remember; people couldn't fathom that you'd find and immediately post a leak in image form, but forget where it came from just as suddenly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Close friend of mine on GAF has insisted to me that it is fake:
someone edited the post date or created a new forum.
So maybe whoever posted it up created it.

No idea.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
One more question from me, then @ DiZ0X DiZ0X : when did you find the picture? January? And how soon after you found it did you post it to GameFAQs? That's why you were ridiculed on GameFAQs so much at the time, I remember; people couldn't fathom that you'd find and immediately post a leak in image form, but forget where it came from just as suddenly.
Yeah, I found it in January. This is what happened. Do you guys know the option on Firefox which sets it to not remembering data? That's what I have it set to, so my history/cookies/cache/whatever else doesn't save. I was browsing pages and pages worth of Smash Bros speculation websites, and I came across this "leak" as well as many others. This one lined up with the "MAJOR leak" so I decided to post it because I thought it was a confirmation. May have been stupid of me, but oh well, I do admit it.

I will not tolerate trolling when you're advocating a very suspicious leak already.
When did I ever advocate the leak? I just posted it. Geezus.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I dont understand either..
Mew2King, on these very boards (on this sub board, even), asked if people would be interested in him streaming SSB4. As of today, he informed us he's starting streaming Project M/Melee in March, knew of Little Mac, and joked around with Mewtwo. He *may* get SSB4 weeks before it's out in America. That's what he said, not sure how lucky he'll actually get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom