• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I don't believe Hades would get in before Palutena for a second. I don't really buy Roy's return, either. Although I wouldn't complain if he did come back.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Good catch~
I'm ready for April to come (my assumed month that the next necomer will appear). Depending on who it is, it may or may not clear up a lot of leaks, as well as Sakura's direction character wise for this game..
I actually believe that we will get another newcomer by the end of march. The reveals seems to be speeding up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New leak from 4chan (Sorry, lost the link.)
- Prince Sable will not be in the game, because Sakurai says the Toad form should be a shield instead.
- Ridley will not be a playable character, due to the fact that he is too big and Sakurai cannot make a model for him.
- Bandana Dee will not be in the game due to "unoriginality"
- Cloud will appear in the background of the SMG stage.
- Cooking Mama will appear as a Assist Trophy.
Worst joke ever. Too big is one thing (which I don't think is a legit excuse) BUT CAN'T MAKE A DAMN MODEL?????? If true then how did Sakurai make Smash 64. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I think we can say the Jumpman rumor is fake, after all, Jumpman is just an early Mario. Maybe as a palette swap, but not a character.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
@wario Bros
I know, I support Ridley myself. It's making fun of alot of the arguments people have made, besides the Cloud and Sable one.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Some of these "joke" leaks are about as funny as when Sakurai reveals Ridley as a stage hazard.:facepalm:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Worst joke ever. Too big is one thing (which I don't think is a legit excuse) BUT CAN'T MAKE A DAMN MODEL?????? If true then how did Sakurai make Smash 64. Pathetic.
I'm pretty sure sakurai not being able to make a model for ridley is not a problem.

(#selfie #nomakeup)
Scaling it would be even less of a problem with other m Ridley, which is most likely going to be the model due to other m samus.

Last edited:

Taojaz

Smash Cadet
I get that hades was a really well received character and all but i still hold firm in the belief that he needs to appear in at least one more kid icarus title to be considered for anything more than a boss fight, until then he's just another one shot antagonist like Zant, Wart, Shake King ETC
The circumstances are pretty different from the examples you mentioned though. Even though KI:U was technically just one game, being a complete revival of the franchise gives it a lot more weight than a normal single game would. Hades is obviously the new main villain for the series, just like Viridi, Dark Pit, Magnus, Pyrrhon, etc etc are obviously now supposed to be the permanent supporting cast.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The circumstances are pretty different from the examples you mentioned though. Even though KI:U was technically just one game, being a complete revival of the franchise gives it a lot more weight than a normal single game would. Hades is obviously the new main villain for the series, just like Viridi, Dark Pit, Magnus, Pyrrhon, etc etc are obviously now supposed to be the permanent supporting cast.
Yea it was a "revival" and i'd love to see a sequel. but I doubt its going to happen. A character that makes more sense... would... make more sense. like Palutena. she's only been in every other kid icarus game.

Shroob

Sup?
But didn't Pyrrhon get blasted into space? Like....deep space.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There's alot of potential coming with Hades as being the new villain for the upcoming KI titles. I'd like for him to appear as playable in order to gain new fame.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Going back to the Nintja leak it meantions Bowser Jr. I believe the Mario Series deserves six reps and Bowser Jr could fill in for the gamecube era whole Rosalina covers the wii era. Which make sense to me for Sakurai to do.

ANY leak showing Bowser Jr shouldn't be so easily tossed away.

During the developer Direct, they did go out of their way to show Bowser's new upright stance. Perhaps that decision was made so that Bowser couldn't easily be mistaken for Bowser Jr, especially if Bowser was shrunken via Poison Mushroom making him around Jr's size?

With that info in my mind, any leak showing Bowser Jr as a newcomer... I do not immediately discredit.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
ANY leak showing Bowser Jr shouldn't be so easily tossed away.

During the developer Direct, they did go out of their way to show Bowser's new upright stance. Perhaps that decision was made so that Bowser couldn't easily be mistaken for Bowser Jr, especially if Bowser was shrunken via Poison Mushroom making him around Jr's size?

With that info in my mind, any leak showing Bowser Jr as a newcomer... I do not immediately discredit.
You shouldn't really dismiss any leak because of *said* character either. :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I forgot

What event is during the super metroid anniversary in either japan or usa

If trailers are involved of that event ridley may have a chance for being revealed there

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Talk about a dream leak with almost everyone's desired characters. It's always the perfect leaks and the absurd leaks that instantly receive backlash. When is the boundary drawn?

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I forgot

What event is during the super metroid anniversary in either japan or usa

If trailers are involved of that event ridley may have a chance for being revealed there
Why, the Japanese release of Super Metroid was March 19th. Was there some kind of rumor or leak stating he would be revealed next month or was this just speculation?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Talk about a dream leak with almost everyone's desired characters. It's always the perfect leaks and the absurd leaks that instantly receive backlash. When is the boundary drawn?
The problem is that while a dream leak is nice. It just feels off-putting.
It sounds more like a wish-list than an actual leak. No new oddballs, no strange stages. It everything people want.
Sometimes, it's just too good to be true.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if the date is correct, this guy knows what's up.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
-Have few to no cuts.
-Make sure your newcomer count doesn't go over 12.
-Include either King K. Rool or Dixie.
-Flip a coin for Ridley.
-Add Palutena, Miis and Pac-man, maybe remove one of the latter two.
-Add Chrom or Robin.
-Add arbitrary WTF character or two.

And there you go!

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
There won't. If people only take facts into consideration too many rosters would stay alive, when we start judging them using assumptions we'll ultimately dismiss the real deal. Therefore we are bound to never find out the actual roster before we get the official one, so there is no need for such boundaries. #f*cklogic

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if the date is correct, this guy knows what's up.
You know, in regards to the leaks that claim Diddy will be partnered with Dixie, if Diddy happens to be revealed tomorrow without Dixie, will that kill all those leaks? And how many of those leaks are there?

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
You know, in regards to the leaks that claim Diddy will be partnered with Dixie, if Diddy happens to be revealed tomorrow without Dixie, will that kill all those leaks? And how many of those leaks are there?
I honestly doubt a Diddy reveal, considering that non-Japanese release dates never seem to be acknowledged by Sakurai. Don't see why things would change now, but we'll see.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I was more so just curious as to how people would respond. So far the only plausible leak for me was the Palutena one. The rest are pure speculation and entertainment as far as I'm concerned. Am I the only one that feels Diddy not being revealed thus far makes me more inclined to believe he may be paired with Dixie? I guess we shall see in the next PotD. Or, he may just show up out of no where at some point.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If Dixie is to be paired with Diddy, that MIGHT explain why he hasn't been revealed yet. However, if Diddy is revealed without Dixie, then it should be assumed that they aren't paired together.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Do you have the original post link by any chance? Or at least what forum this is supposed to originate from? Because if the date's correct, he got two characters right and an alternate costume already but there's a chance that could be an edit.

Last edited:

fill

20EggsEggs
they can reveal dixie later...but if they show diddy still has his down B being bananas then maybe it would kill it, but i wonder if that date is legit being from last summer.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Do you have the original post link by any chance? Or at least what forum this is supposed to originate from? Because if the date's correct, he got two characters right and an alternate costume already but there's a chance that could be an edit.
Nope. Which is why I'm still on the fence with this. It could be an edit, then again, it could not be. So I'll just leave it here to be jabbed at a bit until we get more character reveals.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

Wasn't that the guy from Gamefaqs who for some reason though it would be easier to take a screencap and upload it to an image site rather than simply posting the link, and then when asked for the site name he said he forgot it and didn't have his browser set to save his history? Yeah, pretty sure that's fake.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

You know, I know there's a LOT of veterans on that list, but every veteran revealed for Smash is on this list. He even got the "Pikmin & Olimar" name right. Nothing spectacular, but still.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I know there's a LOT of veterans on that list, but every veteran revealed for Smash is on this list. He even got the "Pikmin & Olimar" name right. Nothing spectacular, but still.
Though what I don't get is why Dr. Mario and Mewtwo are newcomers.

Wouldn't they be veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom