• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know if I really buy the Yoshi revamp, doesn't really add up to me or even the idea of the year of Yoshi in general.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I dunno, having Yoshi and Baby Mario together would be interesting to say the least. Just as long as Baby Mario doesn't cry.

Speaking of which, if you guys ever need a sick prank to pull, change someone's alarm tone to Baby Mario's cry from Yoshi's Island. :troll:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sakurai is trolling me personally, do you guys see that?!?!?!?1 I post about this over the weekend and it's the FIRST POST ON MONDAY!!! SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi gaining Baby Mario on his back? That seems like an odd choice. I suppose as long as his moveset remains at least mostly the same I'll be okay with it. Maybe have something Baby Mario related be his side B since egg roll is pretty terrible anyway.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ok guys I'm back. For those of you who didn't read the original post, I am NOT the guy who brought this info to you, I'm just using the account he made to share the info he is getting from a guy he knows (I'm the one who told him to post the info here after he told me, since I frequent these boards and I thought you guys would like to know).

I actually have noticed that this isn't getting much attention, which is fine, but someone here mentioned something about Diddy Kong so I thought I'd see if my buddy could get some info on it. From what his source hears (not sure what he actually does for a living, maybe I should ask if you all are interested?) Diddy Kong is returning in some way, though it doesn't seem to be any sort of Dixie tag team thing like some are suggesting.

I know this wasn't a lot to go off of, but from how it seems it's just a situation where a guy knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, and it's more of a what people have heard instead of actually seen type deal. Don't know how legit most of this is but I'll keep you posted as much as I can. Back to lurking :p
I'm going to play along so as to help get this thread back on topic (take the hint, guys, and go discuss that awful idea for Yoshi in some other thread). Sure, go ahead, find out whatever you can about what your source does for a living, and whatever else about characters, stages, modes, etc. he's willing to share. It can't hurt to build up more information from a single source; if it's legitimate, that's self-explanatory, whereas if it's not, contradictions will surface.

Also, tell me what position you're in in relation to your source to be able to access such information from him on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yoshi gaining Baby Mario on his back? That seems like an odd choice. I suppose as long as his moveset remains at least mostly the same I'll be okay with it. Maybe have something Baby Mario related be his side B since egg roll is pretty terrible anyway.
Perhaps you could temporarily play as Baby Mario, kind of like when you pick a star in Yoshi's Island? It could be interesting.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh cool, Yoshi is getting Baby Mario, I already detailed it as a possibility, so that's nice to hear!
The 3D Classic only helps Takamaru's chances even more. Hopefully he's not the only retro. :crying:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, I'd say more if I weren't on my way to class, but let's just say, when I get back, I want this Baby Mario talk to be taken out of the Leaks thread and continued in its proper location. This is your warning before the actual warnings start.

splat

Smash Lord
Something tingles my feelings that you made this "leak."
Work on your tingles, man.

I made a leak before (which is known as the 'splat false leak' in the big list of debunked rumours) to see how gullible the Smash community is (and call them out on it if proven to be gullible), but set up a way to ensure everyone could easily debunk it by setting up the first letter of every sentence to spell out 'HI THIS IS FAKE AND MADE UP'. I have no motive to create a fake leak, it was just something I found on 4chan.

I've been a member of these boards since 2006, and as far as I remember my warning sheet has always been squaky clean and I intend to keep it that way. Your accusation is a bit annoying, to say the least - especially since I've been working hard in the past on debunking a couple of fake images.

EDIT: and as I was typing this, BKupa posted the above. Eh.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
What a crap sounding ND. So its probably true. Though I guess 3D Murasame is cool. Sakurai should just reveal Takamaru.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
On the topic of the new Direct, we should probably keep an eye on it. And if no word is released Wednesday, we'll know it's fake.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm going to play along so as to help get this thread back on topic (take the hint, guys, and go discuss that awful idea for Yoshi in some other thread). Sure, go ahead, find out whatever you can about what your source does for a living, and whatever else about characters, stages, modes, etc. he's willing to share. It can't hurt to build up more information from a single source; if it's legitimate, that's self-explanatory, whereas if it's not, contradictions will surface.

Also, tell me what position you're in in relation to your source to be able to access such information from him on a regular basis.
HA! This is the Internet! Anyone can be anyone!

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
I heard the stage builder wouldn't suck this time and more so that it'd be pretty good, actually. That's something I've wanted to hear more on. What if the rumored Mii is a customizable character- if Sakurai thinks stage customization is good then perhaps he would even try custom characters as well that you can set attack types, speeds and damage for. It would probably just have some sort of balancing system to limit what you can do so it's not ridiculous.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Work on your tingles, man.

I made a leak before (which is known as the 'splat false leak' in the big list of debunked rumours) to see how gullible the Smash community is (and call them out on it if proven to be gullible), but set up a way to ensure everyone could easily debunk it by setting up the first letter of every sentence to spell out 'HI THIS IS FAKE AND MADE UP'. I have no motive to create a fake leak, it was just something I found on 4chan.

I've been a member of these boards since 2006, and as far as I remember my warning sheet has always been squaky clean and I intend to keep it that way. Your accusation is a bit annoying, to say the least - especially since I've been working hard in the past on debunking a couple of fake images.

EDIT: and as I was typing this, BKupa posted the above. Eh.
Well wheres the link to the 4chan leak? Normally when I see a rumor here without the link, I slightly assume that the poster made it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I heard the stage builder wouldn't suck this time and more so that it'd be pretty good, actually. That's something I've wanted to hear more on. What if the rumored Mii is a customizable character- if Sakurai thinks stage customization is good then perhaps he would even try custom characters as well that you can set attack types, speeds and damage for. It would probably just have some sort of balancing system to limit what you can do so it's not ridiculous.
As much as I am a huge sucker for customization (there's a reason why one of my favorite games is
Warioware DIY). I just don't see it working. Stage customization however...

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of the new Direct, we should probably keep an eye on it. And if no word is released Wednesday, we'll know it's fake.
Why does this rumor depend on a Wed announcement? I didn't see that, it just said it was "coming". Also don't see how Yoshi and Baby Mario is off topic as its a Smash rumor. Speaking of that I see no reason to add B.Mario to Yoshi. What would be the point?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why does this rumor depend on a Wed announcement? I didn't see that, it just said it was "coming". Also don't see how Yoshi and Baby Mario is off topic as its a Smash rumor. Speaking of that I see no reason to add B.Mario to Yoshi. What would be the point?
Look, let's just do as the Mods say and not get into more trouble then we already have.

splat

Smash Lord
Well wheres the link to the 4chan leak? Normally when I see a rumor here without the link, I slightly assume that the poster made it.
It was pruned already (decided to copy the text because that's what usually happend to stuff on 4chan), so here's a link to the archives:

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/231074114/#231074114

Last I'll say on it (BKupa warned we should quit discussing this already) - but I at least want to defend my own reputation. Super annoyed at you accusing me like that.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Luigi got a year because it was his 30th anniversary.
Some people don't know or pay attention to that and say others will get a year to themselves.
Kirby got one, SMB got an anniversary,and so did LoZ.
Yoshi wouldn't get a year for no reason what so ever.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Interesting.

In related news, Nintendo just launched a teaser site for Yoshi’s New Island:

http://yoshisnewisland.nintendo.com
...Looks interesting.
It was pruned already (decided to copy the text because that's what usually happend to stuff on 4chan), so here's a link to the archives:

http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/231074114/#231074114

Last I'll say on it (BKupa warned we should quit discussing this already) - but I at least want to defend my own reputation. Super annoyed at you accusing me like that.
Ah...
Still sounds fake though...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo wouldn't reveal Yoshi on the day best to focus on TF and a DK reveal, especially since even with the announcement of the "Year of Yoshi", none of his games are even going to be out til next month.

The details of the leak don't sound too absurd, but the timing of the whole thing kind of kills it. Plus a new Paper Mario? On the 3DS again? I very much doubt Nintendo would choose to have IS focus on that when there are other IPs and systems for them to attend to.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo wouldn't reveal Yoshi on the day best to focus on TF and a DK reveal, especially since even with the announcement of the "Year of Yoshi", none of his games are even going to be out til next month.

The details of the leak don't sound too absurd, but the timing of the whole thing kind of kills it. Plus a new Paper Mario? On the 3DS again? I very much doubt Nintendo would choose to have IS focus on that when there are other IPs and systems for them to attend to.
Eh I don't know, I think a Direct dedicated to DK TP is only going to piss people off more and would be a far worse Direct than this leaked one. We've had enough Tropical Freeze stuff.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That eevee rumor seems to bland and complicated. As for the nd rumor sounds strange, Another paper mario is quite possible to make up for sicker stars poor sells. Also has Kbukpa always been a mod?( i may have just been blind about it.) Anyway am the only one who thinks today's pic forshadows nintendog ness ad jiggs being playable?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eh I don't know, I think a Direct dedicated to DK TP is only going to piss people off more and would be a far worse Direct than this leaked one. We've had enough Tropical Freeze stuff.
I don't think any rumor suggests we'd get a Direct solely dedicated to TF, but obviously Nintendo is still going to focus on it whenever we do get another Direct (assuming we get one this month - which I can't imagine we won't), considering it's pretty much their only noteworthy Wii U game this month.

Regardless, there isn't going to be a character unrelated to TF and with no games coming out this month that gets the reveal on the actual RELEASE DATE of TF. That's just counterproductive.

splat

Smash Lord
Personally, I think the TV shows the disc competition:

Blue sky with a couple of trees over an orange fence on a grass field. The red part (Ness' supposed hat) could easily be a thrown disc, like the one portrayed in the image.

EDIT: The house-like structure above the lens flare is also found seen in the same competition:

Last edited:

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
It does feel odd for a Direct to take place just as Tropical Freeze releases and dedicate the Direct to Yoshi. If this hypothetical Direct happened a week or two later I could totally see it, but if DK: TF is releasing the literal day of, I can't really imagine anyone but a DK character despite how much I want Yoshi.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Regardless, there isn't going to be a character unrelated to TF and with no games coming out this month that gets the reveal on the actual RELEASE DATE of TF. That's just counterproductive.
...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom