• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do this to yourself. We are never getting Jill as playable in Smash Bros :(
Yeah, I've accepted that. I'm just happy she made it in as a assist trophy. The only hope she has is she's a female rep (which seems to be a focus this time), she represents another Gamefreak series, and she would be really unique. But yeah, if Starfy can't break out of the AT mold, then Jill doesn't stand a chance

andimidna

Smash Master
If you look at the e-mail address of the fake leaker from http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1391993531/1-40 you will see that it is soutasatou at gmail dot com, suggesting they`re the same person as Souta Satou.
"Hello , I have some news about the Super Smash Brothers , which is a unpublished my name and Yoshi Kato . It is for , to figure in the list of new characters in the random nature of some is hard . The pudding , does not come back Solid Snake . I know how and why is a little . There are new people of 12, which is a fighter now . Because he was left behind , I count Mewtwo as a new character . This means that four of the other was left does not return . The mirror of one new character New Hikari-shin话Parutena called , there Parutena . She has been seen in the photograph before . Metroid character is Ridley . In addition , Dixie Kong , Eevee , Rosetta , Rockman , fitness trainer , Animal Crossing player , Custom Robo , and is a new Shuruku . That's all that I can to recover . A lovely day"

Goddamn Google ****ing Translate.

EDIT: Can somebody please edit a photo of somebody talking to Snake but have their text box say "The pudding does not come back, Snake." ...please?

Last edited:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
"Hello , I have some news about the Super Smash Brothers , which is a unpublished my name and Yoshi Kato . It is for , to figure in the list of new characters in the random nature of some is hard . The pudding , does not come back Solid Snake . I know how and why is a little . There are new people of 12, which is a fighter now . Because he was left behind , I count Mewtwo as a new character . This means that four of the other was left does not return . The mirror of one new character New Hikari-shin话Parutena called , there Parutena . She has been seen in the photograph before . Metroid character is Ridley . In addition , Dixie Kong , Eevee , Rosetta , Rockman , fitness trainer , Animal Crossing player , Custom Robo , and is a new Shuruku . That's all that I can to recover . A lovely day"

"Jigglypuff, does not come back Solid Snake. There are 12 new people, which are: Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Eevee, Rosalina, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Custom Robo, Shulk."

Close enough?

Hikari-shin话 is the Japanese title of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is translated in Google Translate... I can only find 11 characters on the list.

Last edited:

Midge

Smash Apprentice
"Jigglypuff, does not come back Solid Snake. There are 12 new people, which are: Mewtwo, Palutena, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Eevee, Rosalina, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Custom Robo, Shulk."

Close enough?

Hikari-shin话 is the Japanese title of Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is translated in Google Translate... I can only find 11 characters on the list.
Closest thing I could find to a Hikari-shin
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Hikari

EDIT: She had a trophy in Melee if that helps anything...

Last edited:

Dott

Smash Ace
Have any of these 'leakers' think in Smash Bros as a promotion to up the sales of other games in the actual or future titles?

I mean, i see a few little number of characters of games of the current catalog, like Wonder Red or Prof. Layton, i mostly see character that just the fans want to see (like Ridley, who i don't think will be)

For example: Pit increase the sales of Uprising

Olimar of Pikmin saga

Ike of FE Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

The point is, i dont think Sakurai it's gonna put 15 characters just for the fans, the leaks would be more realistic if there have characters of the new nintendo games.

Last edited:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice

This is what I've manage to put together. Translated each part separately to understand the original Japanese text better:
"Hello , I have some unpublished news about the Super Smash Bros. game. My name is Yoshi Kato. This is the list of new characters that might seem random and hard to understnad. Both Jigglypuff and Solid Snake, doesn't return. I don't know the reason for that decision. There are 12 new people, which are: Mewtwo who didn't return in Brawl so I count it as newcomer, the other 4 left behind won't return. 1 newcomer from Kid Icarus: Uprising is Palutena; she has been leaked earlier. The new Metroid character is Ridley. As well as Dixie Kong, Eevee, Rosalina, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Custom Robo, and Shulk. That is all I know. Have a nice day."

Last edited:

suomynona

Banned via Warnings
Ok guys I'm back. For those of you who didn't read the original post, I am NOT the guy who brought this info to you, I'm just using the account he made to share the info he is getting from a guy he knows (I'm the one who told him to post the info here after he told me, since I frequent these boards and I thought you guys would like to know).

I actually have noticed that this isn't getting much attention, which is fine, but someone here mentioned something about Diddy Kong so I thought I'd see if my buddy could get some info on it. From what his source hears (not sure what he actually does for a living, maybe I should ask if you all are interested?) Diddy Kong is returning in some way, though it doesn't seem to be any sort of Dixie tag team thing like some are suggesting.

I know this wasn't a lot to go off of, but from how it seems it's just a situation where a guy knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, and it's more of a what people have heard instead of actually seen type deal. Don't know how legit most of this is but I'll keep you posted as much as I can. Back to lurking :p

kataridragon

Smash Ace
You know the weird thing about fake leakers is that they seam so hell bent on making you believe what they are saying. Every time I've seen a legit leaked roster the guy was just like here you go I don't care if you believe me or not.

Midge

Smash Apprentice
Well if the PotD did anything, it makes me believe that Ness is coming back for sure *not that I didn't believe that already

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This is what I've manage to put together. Translated each part separately to understand the original Japanese text better:
"Hello , I have some unpublished news about the Super Smash Bros. game. My name is Yoshi Kato. This is the list of new characters that might seem random and hard to understnad. Both Jigglypuff and Solid Snake, doesn't return. I don't know the reason for that decision. There are 12 new people, which are: Mewtwo who didn't return in Brawl so I count it as newcomer, the other 4 left behind won't return. 1 newcomer from Kid Icarus: Uprising is Palutena; she has been leaked earlier. The new Metroid character is Ridley. As well as Dixie Kong, Eevee, Rosalina, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Custom Robo, and Shulk. That is all I know. Have a nice day."
Gee, safest rumor ever. I am not buying it, but I could see Jiggly and Snake not returning. Eevee as the Pkmn rep would suck, though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's Japanese, so it has to be legit!!!

Or it's just some random Japanese guy trolling around, like everyone else does over here. Warms my heart that the Japanese do think of Ridley though :)

andimidna

Smash Master
I actually like Eevee ;_; ...as a 6th rep. There's no way he/she would take priority over Brawl+Mewtwo. And Pokemon is likely to have 5. No more, no less. So as much as I want Eevee and Gardevoir, I doubt they'd even be Sakurai's 6th choice. I think Blaziken, Zoroark, Genesect, Greninja, Meowth, and Victini would get in over them.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Eevee is a s***ty generic rabbit c***. Pokemon already has an electric rat, why does it need more similar things? It's a waste. The whole concept of Eevee was that it was a pathetically plain creature that could evolve into something worthwhile. Way to miss the boat, Sakurai. (nah, this is all far too stupid to be real)

Reila

I actually like Eevee ;_; ...as a 6th rep. There's no way he/she would take priority over Brawl+Mewtwo. And Pokemon is likely to have 5. No more, no less. So as much as I want Eevee and Gardevoir, I doubt they'd even be Sakurai's 6th choice. I think Blaziken, Zoroark, Genesect, Greninja, Meowth, and Victini would get in over them.
I'd say a second Pokémon trainer is a possibility as well, way more than Greninja, Victini, Blaziken and Meowth.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd miss Jiggs/Snake more than anything, and though I wouldn't mind Eevee (especially if it was like Red's Vui from the Adventures manga, who had a de-evolution ability), it's certainly not my first choice as a newcomer. Regardless, there's no reason to be upset/vocal about you not liking a Rumor. Treat this like you would any other "leak" without further credibility.

Reila

It's Japanese, so it has to be legit!!!

Or it's just some random Japanese guy trolling around, like everyone else does over here. Warms my heart that the Japanese do think of Ridley though :)
If anything, I find English ~rumors~ much easier to believe or (at least "try" to believe), since the leaks and rumors of the 5th and 6th generations of Pokémon were in the said language. I am yet to see a legit Japanese rumor/leak.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Why are people going over that Japanese leak again? It was deconfirmed in this thread a while ago. The Japanese is written pretty bad too.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Can someone help with this: http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1391993531/1-40? I ran it through google translate and got...

So what I can get from this is:
> "Pudding" character is cut? Jigglypuff?
> Snake is cut.
> Mewtwo is back.
> Paruetna is a newcomer (Japanese name for Palutena)
> The Palutena leak was real
> Ridley is a newcomer
> Dixie Kong is a newcomer.
> Eevee is a newcomer.
> Rosetta (Rosalina), Rock Man (Mega Man), fitness trainer (Wii Fit Trainer), and Animal Crossing Villager are playable (confirmed)
> Custom Robo newcomer? It doesn't give specific names unless Google did a bad translate (likely)
> Shuruku. Who is this?
Also, the thing has a miscount, it lists not 12 but 11 newcomers (they include Mewtwo as a newcomer).
Looks like this came from 4chan. I would'nt exactly trust that site too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom