• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trick or Treat

Yeah, but the same thing could be said for the Pokemon Trainer. Eat your hearts out Blastoise fans.
It could but it shouldn't. Charizard is the only one of the lot who can fly, and that's what puts him above Blastoise (who'd just be a bigger Squirtle) and Venusaur.

At least in some cases, like Glaceon vs Espeon, Glaceon can easily have a visible effect (freezing, ice), whereas I still don't know what Espeon's would be. Maybe stunning (like the Deku Nut), to emulate confusion?

Not that it's a serious discussion, but it...it exists.

Dan

Smash Lord
Screw Eevee. Give us Gary mother f'n Oak and his huge-a*s Krabby.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Actually, Gary had an Eevee, so it all comes full circle now.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Just had an idea for the Eevee. Eevee uses it's evos for attacks. Like fsmash summons an Umbreon to use bite, and a Leafeon's magical leaf for sb. Eevee would rarely attack itself.

Dan

Smash Lord
There are so many good Gary memes I want to post but almost all of them use inappropriate language.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Actually, Gary had an Eevee, so it all comes full circle now.
Holy ****..... :o

Eevee is kawaii as ****, Vaporeon/Umbreon/Sylveon are majestic as **** and everything, but the eeveelution gimmick would probably be trickier than it's worth putting in the game. Only final smash? Would that change movesets completely or just specials? Or would it just be a moveset all Eeveelutions could learn with just elemental effects added? I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't see it.

Dan

Smash Lord
Speared by a Waddle Dee and a door slammed in your face. Life is rough.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@BluePikmin11

I have been looking through the sales figures of the best-selling games on the Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS... trying to predict/speculate which characters might be newcomers... from what I can tell, the Nintendo newcomers so far come from games that sold millons...

Confirmed Nintendo Newcomers

Rosalina
11.72 million - Super Mario Galaxy
6.36 million - Super Mario Galaxy 2
1.94 million - Super Mario 3D World

Villager
11.70 million - Animal Crossing: Wild World
7.38 million - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3.38 million - Animal Crossing: City Folk

Wii Fit Trainer
22.67 million - Wii Fit
20.86 million - Wii Fit Plus

Possible Nintendo Newcomers (even if some of them seem unlikely)

Baby Mario
2.91 million - Yoshi's Island DS
1.39 million - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Dr. Kawashima
19 million - Brain Age
14.88 million - Brain Age 2

Labrador Retriever (or a Nintendog character)
23.94 million - Nintendogs
3.28 million - Nintendogs + Cats

Mewtwo (or 6th gen Pokemon)
11.61 million - Pokemon X & Y

Mii
81.99 million - Wii Sports
31.89 million - Wii Sports Resort
28.02 million - Wii Play
7.94 million - Wii Party
2.65 million - Wii Music
1.26 million - Wii Play: Motion

Palutena
1.18 million - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Paper Mario
2.28 million - Super Paper Mario
1.97 million - Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Pichu (or 2nd gen Pokemon)
12.67 million - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Takamaru
2.60 million - Nintendo Land

Toad
27.88 million - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
3.89 million - New Super Mario Bros. U
1.94 million - Super Mario 3D World
1.51 million - New Super Luigi U

Waddle Dee
1.31 million - Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Wandering Heroes
42.74 million - Find Mii (built in all 3DS units)

Zelda newcomer
5.82 million - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Midna? Zant?)
4.80 million - Link's Crossbow Training
4.13 million - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Toon Zelda? Tetra?)
3.52 million - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Impa? :diddy: Ghirahim?)
2.95 million - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Impa? Young Link? :mad:)
2.6 million - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Toon Zelda? Alfonzo? :troll:)
2.18 million - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
1.15 million - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Toon Zelda? Tetra? Tingle? :awesome: Toon Ganondorf?)

Zoroark (or 5th gen Pokemon)
15.42 million - Pokemon Black & White
7.81 million - Pokemon Black 2 & White 2

I consider games that didn't sell at least one million units to be niche... so I am just listing highly-requested possible newcomers based on recency...

Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Ridley (Metroid: Other M)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Just had an idea for the Eevee. Eevee uses it's evos for attacks. Like fsmash summons an Umbreon to use bite, and a Leafeon's magical leaf for sb. Eevee would rarely attack itself.
I was thinking that earlier, but if all these cool evolutions are at its disposal, just use them from the beginning.

If you have them all at your disposal, why not just send out the powerful ones and not an Eevee?

From a realistic, logical point of view, it doesn't make sense.

But I obviously know this is a video game and it doesn't have to.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Funny, thanks to Sakurai's PotD I've actually grown to hate weekends and look forward to Mondays.

With that in mind I wonder what oddities he'll show us tomorrow, though I doubt we'll see anything that'll help add to or subtract the list of leaks since a Direct is most likely happening this week and he'll want to save whatever surprise for then.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Funny, thanks to Sakurai's PotD I've actually grown to hate weekends and look forward to Mondays.

With that in mind I wonder what oddities he'll show us tomorrow, though I doubt we'll see anything that'll help add to or subtract the list of leaks since a Direct is most likely happening this week and he'll want to save whatever surprise for then.
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Um, shouldn't we be talking about rumors and leaks? Eevee is a cool pokemon and all, but I think that belong in another thread...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai implied that no characters were cut during the writing of that article, so that insinuates that Snake is safe to return. Hence, the leak is fake. Eevee is just the MOST overt falsity.
Yes... no characters were cut at that time (June 2013)... but it's been over 8 months now (February 2014)... perhaps some characters were scrapped or replaced by now...

T

Trick or Treat

Technically it's part of a leak/rumor that isn't necessarily confirmed fake.

Psychic/ Stunning powers.
Yeah, I figured that out a couple posts ago. I actually like that idea of its attacks having a Deku Nut effect.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I was thinking that earlier, but if all these cool evolutions are at its disposal, just use them from the beginning.

If you have them all at your disposal, why not just send out the powerful ones and not an Eevee?

From a realistic, logical point of view, it doesn't make sense.

But I obviously know this is a video game and it doesn't have to.
It's not a trainer, it's just an Eevee calling for help. 'Sides, how else could you represent all the Eeveelutions without it being overly complicated?

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes... no characters were cut at that time (June 2013)... but it's been over 8 months now (February 2014)... perhaps some characters were scrapped or replaced by now...
Yes, Snake wouldn't be one of those characters as he had acquired the licensing to the most difficult 3rd party character, Mega Man. So, he had undoubtedly acquired the license of his friend's character far before Mega Man (just as he had pre-Brawl). Sonic, while revealed in October, was clearly planned initially, so it is a logical assumption that he wished to prevent a 3rd party character unexpectedly altering his intentions (which is what happened in Brawl).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's not a trainer, it's just an Eevee calling for help. 'Sides, how else could you represent all the Eeveelutions without it being overly complicated?
How? Make it a Poke Ball Pokemon... it randomly evolves into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, or Sylveon and attacks with a move based on its type. Simple!

T

Trick or Treat

Still applies. If I myself, as an Eevee, could just call on my more powerful friends just like that, I would've done so from the start and keep them there with me! That's how you win.
Unless Eevee is Ash, in that Ash can take all his uber powerful Pokemon from Oak at any time and easily defeat the gym leaders and most of the League, yet he doesn't often do that.

You know I'm just messing with you right? As I said, video game logic doesn't have to follow real world logic. So yes, I can definitely see how that kind of attacking system would work. I still don't think it's actually true though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Still applies. If I myself, as an Eevee, could just call on my more powerful friends just like that, I would've done so from the start and keep them there with me! That's how you win.
Unless Eevee is Ash, in that Ash can take all his uber powerful Pokemon from Oak at any time and easily defeat the gym leaders and most of the League, yet he doesn't often do that.

You know I'm just messing with you right? As I said, video game logic doesn't have to follow real world logic. So yes, I can definitely see how that kind of attacking system would work. I still don't think it's actually true though.
Yeah, don't mind me. I take things too seriously lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Or, better yet, who says it has to have every evolution. Just use only the first three (Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom