• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The mods have stressed not endorsing the creation and spread of self-admitted self-created "leaks". If there is persistence in people admitting to creating and spreading their own leaks, don't be surprised if warnings/infractions follow.

Discussing them is fine. All you have to do is not associate yourself with the creation of a fake leak. It reflects poorly on the site. Thank you.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Might I suggest, once the OP returns, we have some sort of guideline of what could be considered a legitimate enough leak to discuss and place on here than just the usual user leak fare, @ N3ON N3ON ? I certainly do wish to see this thread not turn into an off-topic/illegitimate marathon like many other threads.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Might I suggest, once the OP returns, we have some sort of guideline of what could be considered a legitimate enough leak to discuss and place on here than just the usual user leak fare, @ N3ON N3ON ? I certainly do wish to see this thread not turn into an off-topic/illegitimate marathon like many other threads.
Kinda late for that...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it helps clarify things, I'll try to get something together. ;)

For now though, please just refrain from the joke leaks/obviously fake leaks/admittedly user-created leaks.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
こんにちは、私の名前はヨシ加藤と私は未発表である大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズについてのいくつかのニュースを持っている。それがために、いくつかのランダム性の新しい文字のリストに把握するのは難しいです。プリンは、ソリッド·スネーク戻って来ていません。少している理由や方法について知っている。今の戦闘機である12の新しい人がいる。彼が背後に残っていたので、私は新キャラクターとしてミュウツー数える。これは残された他の4が返さないことを意味します。と呼ばれる1新·光神话パルテナの鏡新キャラクターは、パルテナあります。彼女は前に写真で見られてきた。メトロイド文字がリドリーです。また、新しいディクシーコング、イーブイ、ロゼッタ、ロックマン、フィットネストレーナー、どうぶつの森プレーヤー、カスタムロボ、およびシュルクです。それは私が回復することができるすべてです。素敵な一日。
Can someone help with this: http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1391993531/1-40? I ran it through google translate and got...
Hello , I have some news about the Super Smash Brothers , which is a unpublished my name and Yoshi Kato . It is for , to figure in the list of new characters in the random nature of some is hard . The pudding , does not come back Solid Snake . I know how and why is a little . There are new people of 12, which is a fighter now . Because he was left behind , I count Mewtwo as a new character . This means that four of the other was left does not return . The mirror of one new character New Hikari-shin话Parutena called , there Parutena . She has been seen in the photograph before . Metroid character is Ridley . In addition , Dixie Kong , Eevee , Rosetta , Rockman , fitness trainer , Animal Crossing player , Custom Robo , and is a new Shuruku . That's all that I can to recover . A lovely day .
So what I can get from this is:
> "Pudding" character is cut? Jigglypuff?
> Snake is cut.
> Mewtwo is back.
> Paruetna is a newcomer (Japanese name for Palutena)
> The Palutena leak was real
> Ridley is a newcomer
> Dixie Kong is a newcomer.
> Eevee is a newcomer.
> Rosetta (Rosalina), Rock Man (Mega Man), fitness trainer (Wii Fit Trainer), and Animal Crossing Villager are playable (confirmed)
> Custom Robo newcomer? It doesn't give specific names unless Google did a bad translate (likely)
> Shuruku. Who is this?
Also, the thing has a miscount, it lists not 12 but 11 newcomers (they include Mewtwo as a newcomer).

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Can someone help with this: http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1391993531/1-40? I ran it through google translate and got...

> Snake is cut.
> Mewtwo is back.
> Ridley is a newcomer
> Eevee is a newcomer.
> Rosetta (Rosalina), Rock Man (Mega Man), fitness trainer (Wii Fit Trainer), and Animal Crossing Villager are playable (confirmed)
> Custom Robo newcomer? It doesn't give specific names unless Google did a bad translate (likely)
> Shuruku. Who is this?
Also, the thing has a miscount, it lists not 12 but 11 newcomers (they include Mewtwo as a newcomer).
if this is real (which i doubt) i think shuruku is shulk

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I keep hearing about this site's reputation, but being relatively new here I have to ask, just how famous (for lack of a better word) is Smashboards? I do remember during the Palutena leak, which is also when I first came here/joined, a lot of people were swinging by and mentioned Smashboards within their own take on the leak.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

> Snake is cut.
> Mewtwo is back.
> Ridley is a newcomer
> Eevee is a newcomer.
> Shuruku. Who is this?
Doubting it's legitimacy because of Eevee.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, Shuruku is Shulk and pudding (Purin) is Jigglypuff, who has apparently been cut.

And really the only choice for Custom Robo would be some version of Ray.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I keep hearing about this site's reputation, but being relatively new here I have to ask, just how famous (for lack of a better word) is Smashboards? I do remember during the Palutena leak, which is also when I first came here/joined, a lot of people were swinging by and mentioned Smashboards within their own take on the leak.
I'm new here too, but I know it is very big, since I've seen people talk about it a fair amount in other forums.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smashboards is the largest and longest-standing community dedicated primarily to Smash discussion with strong connections and involvement in the competitive and tournament community. Our reputation is such that among the Smash community we are well known, and compared to other sites, fairly well respected.

Though many tend to find the site elitist.

In any case, this isn't particularly on-topic.

T

Trick or Treat

Shuruku is indeed Shulk.

As far as that character list goes, even if it is true, it doesn't seem very exciting. I'm probably one of few people who doesn't think DIxie would be a good addition. And Eevee? Not really sure why. Maybe Sylveon, but not Eevee.

Otherwise it's basically what everyone wants/expects. Ridley, Palutena, and Shulk. Those characters would be pretty cool, though.

Aside from Eevee and Dixie, it really doesn't seem that unlikely. Not sure what the Custom Robo thing is about so I'll just conveniently ignore that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This leak, like most leaks, probably isn't true, but those that are dismissing it on the basis of Eevee should keep in mind that Sakurai hasn't exactly always been orthodox when it comes to representing Pokemon.

Not a lot of people expected the Trainer to function the way he did before he was revealed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Eevee? My gut reaction makes me think its fake but then again... Sakurai is a freak... I'm going to say its fake but not because of Eevee.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Eevee is definitely a weird one.... for this kind of thing. Then again it was ROB that made people not believe the actual Brawl leak initially so weird choices doesn't mean anything.

T

Trick or Treat

This leak, like most leaks, probably isn't true, but those that are dismissing it on the basis of Eevee should keep in mind that Sakurai hasn't exactly always been orthodox when it comes to representing Pokemon.

Not a lot of people expected the Trainer to function the way he did before he was revealed.
I don't know, his choices for Pokemon representatives so far has been nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. The actual characters were not surprising, and even their mechanics aren't, to me at least. I don't remember what I thought at the time, I'll admit, but the Trainer doesn't seem like anything special either.

And just thinking, what can Eevee even do? I guess it could...evolve. I don't know.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

I know, but Eevee's gimmick in the games is evolution. If that can be incorporated, then Eevee would have to revert back, which is impossible in the main series Pokemon games.

(I swear if someone brings up that Eevee from the manga...)

Also, Pudding is cut.

._.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I googled yoshi kato and apparently its the name of a 1913 japanese actor if that means anything. I didn't see anything of relevance to Nintendo though

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I don't know, his choices for Pokemon representatives so far has been nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. The actual characters were not surprising, and even their mechanics aren't, to me at least. I don't remember what I thought at the time, I'll admit, but the Trainer doesn't seem like anything special either.

And just thinking, what can Eevee even do? I guess it could...evolve. I don't know.
JIgglypuff, Pichu. Honestly, who expected those guys over, say, Meowth or Charizard (I know he comes later). Then Pokemon Trainer, using up three character in one slot. Pichu's self-electrocuting?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Eevee is definitely a weird one.... for this kind of thing. Then again it was ROB that made people not believe the actual Brawl leak initially so weird choices doesn't mean anything.
Yeah...but We know now to excus Retros we know they will be a retro char.

But Eevee?

Not..

Meowth
Wigglytuff
Scizor..
N
Blazekin
Zoroak
Genesect

Or any other poke thay would make more sense atleast...but Eevee!!?!?!?!

Dont get wrong i like Eevee as a poke i know its really iconic and popular for being special/unique...but its too much of a GenWunnErZz.
Seems like too little to late kinda thing...

Like should have been In melee or Smash64...

How would it look like when it jumps on the spot?

Eevee??

EEVEE??

T

Trick or Treat

Jigglypuff is replaced by Pudding from Space Channel 5.

I know, but Eevee's gimmick in the games is evolution. If that can be incorporated, then Eevee would have to revert back, which is impossible in the main series Pokemon games.

(I swear if someone brings up that Eevee from the manga...)

Also, Pudding is cut.

._.
That's honestly a red flag to me. It's not like Zelda, Sonic, or Samus' transformations. Once Eevee evolves it can't go back, so I just don't see how it'd work. There won't be an "Eevee Trainer" scenario, and a regular Eevee would be nothing more than just normal attacks.

Then again...Wii Fit Trainer...

Hmm.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah...but We know now to excus Retros we know they will be a retro char.

But Eevee?

Not..

Meowth
Wigglytuff
Scizor..
N
Blazekin
Zoroak
Genesect

Or any other poke thay would make more sense atleast...but Eevee!!?!?!?!

Dont get wrong i like Eevee as a poke i know its really iconic and popular for being special/unique...but its too much of a GenWunnErZz.
Seems like too little to late kinda thing...

Like should have been In melee or Smash64...

How would it look like when it jumps on the spot?

Eevee??
Well, I wouldn't mind it, though I'm not entirely sure how it'll work.

I can maybe see Eevee, but Jigglypuff cut? Yeah, not buying it...
Jigglypuff? Where does it say that? It's Japanese name is "Purin", not "pudding".[/quote]

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I think when ROB was leaked in brawl we are all too afraid to admit that Eevee is total bull. Heck even I wont admit it! :D We are all thinking this

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't know, Eevee isn't that crazy. I can dig it. I can see where the creativity factor plays in actually, if done correctly.

Dan

Smash Lord
I like that roster. As Envy said, Eevee could somehow evolve into one of it's evolutions. And the Custom Robo is probably Ray, or if the translation really screwed up, maybe it could be Chibi Robo, but it's probably Ray.

I do think one more third-party rep would be more suitable in place of Eevee though.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No rumors about Toad... or Meowth... or Duck Hunt Dog... or Wandering Heroes... I am sad. :(

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

It was in japanese and the guy had seriously bad english....and his name was difficult for me to pronounce...all this = True Leak.

Also

I here what your saying....im open minded for crazy additions i know Sakurai will do it without fear or hesitation if anything you can tell he enjoys it probaly one of his most satisfying parts of developing the game.

You could see how happy and cheesy he was when he revealed WFT he loves trolling us.

I dont blame him...millions of people chase him spotlights on him 24/7 and he knows all about our predictions so its only right he gives us a nasty curve ball and i dont think WFT is the last they will be one more nasty curve ball imo.

But Eevee?

EEVEE?

Really?

Or has he got us by the balls again just were he wants us?

Eevee could work to represent every gen it's had an evolution in by having Eevee evolve into them. All of the Eeveelutions have the same basic build so they could change it's specials but keep it's A moves. Have a move that changes it, and when it dies it changes back. That's several types and generations in one.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it's a reason they would add it. It sounds like something Sakurai would do to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom