• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
And Palkia, Mew, and Deoxys aren't huh?
Arceus is Arceus. It's a whole new level of overpowered, being the literal "God" of Pokemon.
(Didn't Mew only deal damage in 64?)

If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.
I dismiss leaks personally because of bad english and the like. It just makes it seem a tad less believeable. Though it's interpretable.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
And yet somehow a 10-year old can cram it into a Pokeball...
...What's with that?
Because Pokelogic. I mean, they brought back "Gotta Catch Em All", so those expectations they removed in Gen III are back. :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Arceus is Arceus. It's a whole new level of overpowered, being the literal "God" of Pokemon.
(Didn't Mew only deal damage in 64?)

I dismiss leaks personally because of bad english and the like. It just makes it seem a tad less believeable. Though it's interpretable.
Who knows, the leak with the most stupidest form of English might be the true leak. :awesome:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Who knows, the leak with the most stupidest form of English might be the true leak. :awesome:
Since I'm a pessimist with leaks, you never know, really. Though this leak's english is not too bad. [Certainly wish Darkrai was a Pokeball Pokemon, though...]

And even more than that, HOW DOES THIS WORK?!
Simple, Sash Starly is Ubers. :troll:

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
"Believe me or don't in time you will see"
-Insta-debunk. You don't try and press your leak, first off. That makes you sound arrogant and just lying through your teeth.
-Reggie will either be playable or nothing at all, he's not AT material.
-Arceus is way too OP for Smash standards.
-Bosses, but no info about Bosses when a boss battle-mode or event is not confirmed at all?
-It just says Takamaru. No info, just TAKAMARU.
-Grammar issues and the like also do not help you at all.
LmAoooooooooooooooooooooooooo RealTalk...sorry i was bored...

Screenshot_2014-02-09-23-12-26.png
Ugh..... Stupid phone....its damn near impossible to do simple things on it...like copy and paste...half my leak got cut....i think it was a pretty devious leak imo...

Lol at ''Gandalf69me''

The full thing was well

Cut Chars:

Sheik
Pokemon Trainer
Pichu
Roy
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Snake

Newcomers:
Palutena
Little Mac
Mach Rider
Takamaru
Chrom
Ridley
Pac Man
Mii
Mewtwo

Other Stuff:
Arceus was a pokeball uses judgement kills looks like EQ any chars on the ground when he drops his legs will instant die....

On the ground ! So yh jump in time will save u

Too Over powered?

Its Arceus...come on...

Hmmm...Ahhh...i actually posted it first time yesterday night but none of you guys found it before it got taken down...sigh...

I was gonna sooo tempted to say ''RealTalk'' at the end Lmaooo...........

I didnt mention dixie or K.Rool to be very sneaky...meh.....

Midge

Smash Apprentice
LmAoooooooooooooooooooooooooo RealTalk...sorry i was bored...

View attachment 8213 Ugh..... Stupid phone....its damn near impossible to do simple things on it...like copy and paste...half my leak got cut....i think it was a pretty devious leak imo...

Lol at ''Gandalf69me''

The full thing was well

Cut Chars:

Sheik
Pokemon Trainer
Pichu
Roy
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Snake

Newcomers:
Palutena
Little Mac
Mach Rider
Takamaru
Chrom
Ridley
Pac Man
Mii
Mewtwo

Other Stuff:
Arceus was a pokeball uses judgement kills looks like EQ any chars on the ground when he drops his legs will instant die....

On the ground ! So yh jump in time will save u

Too Over powered?

Its Arceus...come on...

Hmmm...Ahhh...i actually posted it first time yesterday night but none of you guys found it before it got taken down...sigh...

I was gonna sooo tempted to say ''RealTalk'' at the end Lmaooo...........

I didnt mention dixie or K.Rool to be very sneaky...meh.....
Either way you did better than mine...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If people are making leaks, at least admit to them in a different form, not blatantly say you made it 10 minutes later. Doesn't exactly do us good reputation for being known to spread leaks and fake rumors to other sites. I get it is a dry period, but come on... :facepalm:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
ugh. While I hate that smash board users are making fake leaks, at least you admitted to it...

Midge

Smash Apprentice
If people are making leaks, at least admit to them in a different form, not blatantly say you made it 10 minutes later. Doesn't exactly do us good reputation for being known to spread leaks and fake rumors to other sites. I get it is a dry period, but come on... :facepalm:
I apologized earlier and I'll apologize again. I'm sorry for making such a laughably bad leak, but at least everybody agrees that it's laughably bad and nobody seemed to care after said first 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Either way you did better than mine...
It was decent....it is really fun Lmao...but devilish....the original one i posted last night was alot better.

Bosses:
Tabbu/Tabuu returns
Giratina when its health reaches below 1/4 it spams teleport often to move around the stage faster.

Come to think of it Giratina would be scary as hell in HD 1080p.....massive...i think he will be a pokeball anyway and use Shadow force...dissapear for a few seconds and then Whack!

Also Secret events to trigger a King Boo fight with Luigi aint bad...maybe take a secret/different route when going through adventure mode?

Hmmm.....

What alotta people dont say or mention but im reallt excited about the pokeball summons and event matches and bosses.

Me and my older bro used to spam pokeball battles all the time on melee.

Our setup

Cpt. Falcon or Ganondorf we both have to be one of them because they are hilarious expecially Cpt. Falcon

Yoshi Island
All pokeballs items set on very high

Giant Melee

Lol because you take so punishent when under a super mushroom omg....Seeing Lugia's Aeroblast make your percentage rocket into 300/+ and hearing
Falcons death cry in giant melee is too god damn funny...

Dont get me Started on Ho-Oh....

Omg.....i cant wait for this game...

I love Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
& Entei' Raikou and Suicune...hope they return...although i doubt it....gen 4/5/6 being here and gone and all...

Im sooo pumped...pokeball spam will be one of the first things i do when i get the game me and my bro lol.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why are we using the word "relevant" in Smash anyway? We already have characters like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B who never be used in a game since the 80s.
Because Mr. Game & Watch is relevant to the Game & Watch series... and R.O.B. is relevant to Gyromite and Stack-Up.

Relevant and recent are not the same thing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The next Metroid game should come in a coffin because if they do anything like Other M again the franchise will be dead

Last edited:

JustMario

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone,

Here is my first post! Yay! This is my opinion of all of the leaks and rumors and analyses that have happened in the past year. I think Nintendo (and Sakurai, and whoever has creative decisions on Smash) probably takes a look at pretty much every humanoid character they have every time they make one of these games. The first consideration they made, back in the N64 SSB days, was how "iconic" or necessary a character was. They were obviously trying to make a new fighting game, and wanted to incorporate all of their biggest franchises. So clearly Donkey Kong, Kirby, Link, Luigi, Mario, Samus, and Yoshi were all in. Those are the biggest 5 (plus Yoshi and Luigi because along with Peach, they really represent the Royal Family of Nintendo).

Next they looked to some of the franchises that their fanbase grew up on. Star Fox, F-Zero, Earthbound. Maybe not as "iconic" as the big 5, but games that Nintendo was proud of and had interesting leading men. People that could be unique fighters. Hence: Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness.

Then they took their 25 Billion dollar Pokémon franchise and decided to incorporate that as well: Jigglypuff, Pikachu. Because of limitations of time and hardware, they kept the game at 12 characters and balanced it out and released it and started a phenomenon. Fast forward to Melee.

Nintendo knows it needs to make a great game, and they know they have the formula down. They are going to take their iconic characters, add the ones they weren't able to include in the first game, and make this is a series of games that doesn't just rotate in characters that are fresh and gimmicky. That's the important thing here. Nintendo doesn't want to add characters that are in games being released around the same time. They want to have you be able to play the best characters from the best series they have. Characters that are important to them as a company. So where did they go?

Well they obviously went to Mario first. We got: Bowser, Dr. Mario, Peach. Dr. Mario might have been a little bit of a stretch, but remember that this was the first time they were making a sequel to this new fighting game, and like EVERY other fighting game, they decided to make some "clones". And Dr. Mario was actually pretty cool. Then they went to the Zelda Franchise: Ganondorf, Sheik, Zelda, and Young Link. Again, Young Link might have been a stretch, but for the same reason as Dr. Mario, he was actually pretty cool. If anything, Sheik was the oddball here. But Ocarina was so perfect and popular that they didn't want to let the awesome character of Sheik pass them by. Then they went to their other huge money maker (not as iconic or old, but very fast becoming a gigantic new hit for them), Pokémon: Pichu and Mewtwo. No need to talk about Pichu, another Dr. Mario/Toon LInk ordeal that went horribly wrong. They added Falco as well, to give Star Fox another representative (and some awesome stages), which was easy to do with a clone.

They had the space to not make any cuts (and why would they? Almost all of the characters in the original had fan bases and were pretty cool). They wanted to include a franchise that could bring a new style to the game. Fire Emblem is a great Nintendo franchise. It is a rare example of an exclusive RPG, and a perfect fit for a fighting game. Hence: Marth and Roy. Marth was a no-brainer, and Roy was a clone - which we already know Nintendo was doing at this point.

That leaves us with the only two that didn't make "sense": Ice Climbers and Game + Watch. But didn't they make sense? They were games from when Nintendo was first getting into Video Games, and Nintendo owed a lot to their success. And isn't that what Smash Rosters are all about? Representing the history of Nintendo while appeasing fans with cool characters? And Nintendo really nailed it with those characters. They were unique, brought history with them, and fun to play. A classic game (still played to this day) was born. So we move on to Brawl.

Well, Nintendo decided to make their first round of cuts. They don't want any more clones, so they take them out. Dr. Mario - gone. Pichu - gone. Roy - gone. Young Link - gone. Easy. Mewtwo - Gone. Not entirely easy. I don't really understand why they would cut him. Those are the only 4 characters Nintendo has every cut. And they were all added to Melee as clones. And two of them were replaced with better characters that weren't clones. Plus Lucario instead of Mewtwo, which was odd. I don't know why Dr. Mario was cut, and probably should've been at least a costume change. But I can't explain everything. So what did they add?

To follow a pattern of this post, we got new Mario and Zelda characters: Toon Link and Wario. Toon Link allowed Nintendo to add another "good guy" from Zelda. It also let them use new art from Wind Waker and kinda "keep" Young Link. I thought it was a great compromise, and he plays different enough to be a really fun character. Wario is essentially a classic villain at this point. He's in all of these crossover games. And he was first, before WaLuigi.

Then we look at DK, Metroid, and Kirby: We get Diddy Kong (not a surprise at all), Zero-Suit (which wasn't really a new character, but definitely made sense since there is only one "good guy" in this franchise, and it allowed a different play style), King Dedede (not a surprise at all, especially since Sakurai invented Kirby), and Meta Knight (slightly more surprising, but again - Sakurai).

For Fire Emblem, we lost the clone Rob, and got the newcomer Ike. Great swap.

For Pokémon, we got a new aspect of playing with Pokémon Trainer (which I'm assuming had at least part to do with why we lost poor Mewtwo, who's had a rough go of it in life), and Lucario (the other half of losing Mewtwo).

For Star Fox and Earthbound (the other series that Nintendo originally included), we got Lucas and Wolf. If anything, it's weird that there wasn't a new F-Zero character. This would've been the time for one.

So that leaves us with 5 new characters that had no precedent.

First: Olimar. Did this surprise anybody? It was made my Miyamoto. It was a unique fighting style.
Second: Pit. Again - surprising? It was made by Sakamoto. And had a game coming out. And was a classic NES game.
Third: R.O.B.? Surprising, for sure. But only in the way that Ice Climbers and Game + Watch were surprising. This was a classic game from NES. A unique, awesome thing Nintendo did (like Duck Hunt), that solidified them as a Video Game company. I had one.

Fourth and Fifth?: The introduction of Snake and Sonic. Sonic makes a ton of sense to me. They were introducing 3rd party characters, and he's the one to get. He is the mascot of the company that was directly rivaled to Nintendo for over a decade. And he plays very differently. Snake is a little more confusing, but only because the second 3rd party should've clearly been Megaman.

Now where does that leave us? This is what we know:

1. Nintendo considers the following franchises to be essential to Smash: Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Kirby.
2. Nintendo wants to keep these three franchises represented: Star Fox, F-Zero, Earthbound.
3. Nintendo will keep Fire Emblem represented.
4. Pokémon will be in the game in a huge way. These characters will be the only ones that aren't "classic", unless Mewtwo comes back and they admit they made a mistake with Lucario (which it looks like they aren't going to do that since they just announced him).
5. Nintendo will add 1 or 2 characters from a classic franchise that helped define it's early days as a video game developer.
6. Nintendo will add 1 or 2 third party characters (we know they already added Megaman, which makes total sense).

Here are the facts thus far:

1. Wii Fit Trainer is in. While "unpredictable",shouldn't be surprising to anyone. The only surprising thing is that it wasn't a Mii instead. But arguably Wii Fit is just as important, and clearly easier to make into a fighting game character. And we still might get a Mii. But this is a new direction for Nintendo (like Game + Watch, and R.O.B. before it) that helped define a generation for it. Great inclusion.

2. Animal Crossing is now represented. We have to assume that this means that Nintendo considers this an important, iconic franchise in the same way that Pikim became one.

3. Rosalina is in. Again, this shouldn't be too surprising. Nintendo always adds new Mario characters, and she is clearly the new one to add. She's in both Galaxy games (which were commercial and critical grandslams), and the new Super Mario 3D World game (which is another perfect game). The only surprising thing is that they didn't include Toad first. But I think at this point, Toad is not a real thing. It's more like a race of things that exist in that world. I'm very confused by it.

Here are the predictions we can make based off of this:

1. An older franchise that Nintendo considers classic will be represented for the first time by it's hero. Here are the front runners: Little Mac (Punch Out), Erdrick (Dragon Warrior), Sir Arthur (Ghosts N Goblins), and Bomberman (Bomberman).
2. There could be someone from a franchise that we don't expect, but Nintendo plans to bring back (Balloon Fight and Murasame Castle are the front runners here).
3. There will be at least another 3rd party character. It will either be Snake, or one of these two people: Pacman (Pacman), or Belmont (Castlevania).
4. If Miyamoto is making a game, that character will be in it. They could be revealed at E3.
5. No characters that aren't classic are getting in the game. If they're "instant classics", they could. This hasn't happened with Nintendo in a while. The best bet in this case would be Shulk. Xenoblade was a game that fans begged for, and that Nintendo finally brought west to great success. So much so, that they're making a sequel which could feasibly help save the entire system.
6. Fire Emblem will have a new character. Who knows if it'll replace Ike? If they're similar, he's gone (think Lucario for Mewtwo). It'll likely be Chrom.
7. Unless King K. Rool is coming back as the villain for DK Freeze, his inclusion doesn't make much sense. It's more likely that Dixie Kong, but could be nobody. Considering how big a deal Nintendo made of the fact that you can play as Cranky and Dixie, I would imagine one of them being included.
8. Ridley absolutely will be in the game. A new playable character from Metroid is a given at this point. Maybe it's not Ridley. But that's the front runner for sure.
9. A new playable character from Kid Icarus will be in the game as well. I have no idea who because I haven't played any of the new games. I would guess it's someone that it's in both the original and the new one, which would make me think Medusa or Palutena? Clearly it seems Palutena is the front runner.
10. Any leak that doesn't make sense based on everything I have just written can be soundly dismissed.

Here is my best guess of a cast list, based on knowing nobody at Nintendo but looking at what I think Nintendo is trying to represent as a company in this game:

Original Twelve Fighters (12): Captain Falcon, Donkey Kong, Fox, Jigglypuff (ugh), Kirby, Link, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Pikachu, Samus, Yoshi.
Brawl/Melee Fighters (20): Bowser, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers (ugh), King Dedede, Lucario (ugh), Lucas, Marth, Meta Knight, Peach, Pikmin (Olimar), Pit, Pokémon Trainer, Sheik (ugh), Sonic, Toon Link, Wario, Wolf, Zelda.
Newcomers (12): Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Pacman, Shulk, Ridley, Chrom, Cranky Kong, Palutena, Samurai Goroh.

Possible but unlikely (2 of these): Bomberman, Takamura, Ninten (the only Mother protagonist we don't have), Captain N, Belmont, Medusa, Dark Pit. I think two of these people have a good chance.

TOTAL: 45-46.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It was decent....it is really fun Lmao...but devilish....the original one i posted last night was alot better.

Bosses:
Tabbu/Tabuu returns
Giratina when its health reaches below 1/4 it spams teleport often to move around the stage faster.

Come to think of it Giratina would be scary as hell in HD 1080p.....massive...i think he will be a pokeball anyway and use Shadow force...dissapear for a few seconds and then Whack!

Also Secret events to trigger a King Boo fight with Luigi aint bad...maybe take a secret/different route when going through adventure mode?

Hmmm.....

What alotta people dont say or mention but im reallt excited about the pokeball summons and event matches and bosses.

Me and my older bro used to spam pokeball battles all the time on melee.

Our setup

Cpt. Falcon or Ganondorf we both have to be one of them because they are hilarious expecially Cpt. Falcon

Yoshi Island
All pokeballs items set on very high

Giant Melee

Lol because you take so punishent when under a super mushroom omg....Seeing Lugia's Aeroblast make your percentage rocket into 300/+ and hearing
Falcons death cry in giant melee is too god damn funny...

Dont get me Started on Ho-Oh....

Omg.....i cant wait for this game...

I love Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
& Entei' Raikou and Suicune...hope they return...although i doubt it....gen 4/5/6 being here and gone and all...

Im sooo pumped...pokeball spam will be one of the first things i do when i get the game me and my bro lol.
I want to believe this leak really badly. Giratine would be a kick ass boss, the newcomer list is perfect, and the King Boo/Luigi thing sounds really interesting.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wasn't there supposed to be some maintenance today?
For Nintendo? I believe it was to prep for Tropical Freeze's online. They do it everytime after what happened to Pokebank.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
DKC:TF has online?
Is it just a leaderboards thing or Miiverse posts?
Both, the leaderboards system is very big and good from what I have seen. Tropical Freeze is a very high profile, first party game, one that's likely to be AAA level in terms of quality. It will sell, and Nintendo is certainly justified in downtime to prepare for it. They will likely do it with MK8, Smash 4, etc.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Both, the leaderboards system is very big and good from what I have seen. Tropical Freeze is a very high profile, first party game, one that's likely to be AAA level in terms of quality. It will sell, and Nintendo is certainly justified in downtime to prepare for it. They will likely do it with MK8, Smash 4, etc.
You mean I can't play Smash 4 online first day?!
...Eh, have to go unlock all the characters and stages anyway...

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Probably fake, but I don't know. But Pikachu looks off to me.
I've seen this HUD before and that image. This one's an old fake.
I think that's an old image of Mewtwo, first off... looks a lot like his Melee one in a pose.
and not only is Pikachu a tad off, but Mewtwo's FS looks very off to me.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Ughh, why can't dreams ever come true? Everyone's all like "Ridley! K. Rool! Chrom! Palutena!" and I'm sitting here wishing for Shadow, Knuckles, Lightning, or a Kingdom Hearts character.

I wouldn't even care if the rest of the spots were filled with Goombas.

(And yes, I know those characters have 0 chance of being in the game)

Anyway, on topic now, that leak thing.

Arceus's move is way too overpowered. Just like that, you lose a life? I just don't think anything like that is practical at all. Unless it was an exaggeration, and just the attack was so powerful it was almost a guarantee death. In which case it wouldn't be a big deal since I play on a 0.5 damage ratio normally. So, much like Zelda's FS, it isn't super-auto-instakill.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ughh, why can't dreams ever come true? Everyone's all like "Ridley! K. Rool! Chrom! Palutena!" and I'm sitting here wishing for Shadow, Knuckles, Lightning, or a Kingdom Hearts character.

I wouldn't even care if the rest of the spots were filled with Goombas.

(And yes, I know those characters have 0 chance of being in the game)

Anyway, on topic now, that leak thing.

Arceus's move is way too overpowered. Just like that, you lose a life? I just don't think anything like that is practical at all. Unless it was an exaggeration, and just the attack was so powerful it was almost a guarantee death. In which case it wouldn't be a big deal since I play on a 0.5 damage ratio normally. So, much like Zelda's FS, it isn't super-auto-instakill.
Welcome to the Boards, by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom