• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My question is this. How could one play as all Eevee evolutions? Down B? So instead of Pkm trainer having 6 Pokemon we will just have Eevee able to transform into several pokemon? I don't think so. This game isn't going to be heavy on newcomers anyways. I don't think cutting Snake and Jiggs justifies having Eevee and all of its evo's. If its just Eevee than thats different.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My question is this. How could one play as all Eevee evolutions? Down B? So instead of Pkm trainer having 6 Pokemon we will just have Eevee able to transform into several pokemon? I don't think so. This game isn't going to be heavy on newcomers anyways. I don't think cutting Snake and Jiggs justifies haveing Eevee and all of its evo's. If its just Eevee than thats different.
But another thing, it just sounds too complicated. Implying this goes though, that's eight movesets you'd have to make for just this one character. Just sounds like too much work.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Eevee could just evolve into one of its evolutions, if it was true, but Im not buying it. We need our pudding and we need it now

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai implied that no characters were cut during the writing of that article, so that insinuates that Snake is safe to return. Hence, the leak is fake. Eevee is just the MOST overt falsity.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Eevee could work to represent every gen it's had an evolution in by having Eevee evolve into them. All of the Eeveelutions have the same basic build so they could change it's specials but keep it's A moves. Have a move that changes it, and when it dies it changes back. That's several types and generations in one.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it's a reason they would add it. It sounds like something Sakurai would do to be honest.
Didnt someone say or Gamefreak is abit of a bummer...lets say..strict and or stingy about what pokes get in Smash?

Like...will they be Eevee and pokemon trainer...isnt that like..over kill..

Can Eevee change between all its evolutions?
How many of its moves change?
Power speed' change too?

OmG Jolteon is AwsuM

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hmm, who knows, this could be ROB all over again.

And to be honest, I actually rather like this leak from a personal standpoint. Only "pudding" and Snake (who I actually want gone) are cut, plus Palutena, Shulk, and the infamous Ridley are newcomers.

But as with any leak I'll just remain neutral for now.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Re posting so it's not lost behind a wave of Eevee speculation, sorry Neon -

Well, that leak was made at 7:52pm. You came and posted it here at about 8:00pm (my time zone)
If you took my advice from the previous page ~

It amazes me how these people try and fake bad English like this. A more accurate way is to type what you want in English to Google Translate to Japanese then back again to English. I just tried it with this sentence to see the results.

These people try in this way, it amazes me how bad fake English. The more accurate way, Google is back to English, you translate the Japanese again is to enter what you want in English. I tried it in this statement to see the results.

Well ... i'll be eating some salty fries for now .....

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wandering Heroes seems too random to be even be in a leak though. :p
Duck Hunt Dog on the other hand, I don't know why people don't put him in leaks either. :(
Yeah, I know, I know... it just seems to make too much sense for me to include Wandering Heroes in Smash... I mean, no one asked for Wii Fit Trainer prior to E3 2013 but she made too much sense in hindsight since both Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus each sold over 20 million units so many people would have recognized her instantly... just like how Wandering Heroes were in Find Mii, a game that came with the 3DS... and the 3DS sold over 40 million units so I figured many people would recognize them instantly if they actually got in SSB4 as playable characters.

Last edited:

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
The mods have stressed not endorsing the creation and spread of self-admitted self-created "leaks". If there is persistence in people admitting to creating and spreading their own leaks, don't be surprised if warnings/infractions follow.

Discussing them is fine. All you have to do is not associate yourself with the creation of a fake leak. It reflects poorly on the site. Thank you.
Thank god.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What
Cap n Chreest and MisterVideoGaming

What they said pretty much truth
Sumed it up.

I wouldnt doubt if i see
Duck hunt dog
Mach Rider
baloon fighter

Or any retro char on any leak or wishlist though i just knoe they will be one more insane WTF char.

But Eevee is just pretty ********....but so was R.O.B when i first saw him in MKDS lol.

Also hik replacing JigglyP is...well...i just really think it wont happen.

T

Trick or Treat

Eevee could just evolve into one of its evolutions, if it was true, but Im not buying it. We need our pudding and we need it now
If that were the case, I'd still place my vote for Sylveon. It's the only solo Eeveelution (it'd be weird to have Jolteon and not Vaporeon or Flareon, same with Espeon/Umbreon and Leafon/Glaceon), plus it's also obviously the most recent and is the perfect gimmick, since Sylveon was the big thing from the moment it was revealed to the moment Fairy-type was confirmed. Sylveon just represents the Fairy-type and honestly the 6th Generation as a whole.

That's honestly the only way I could see Eevee even being plausible.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If that were the case, I'd still place my vote for Sylveon. It's the only solo Eeveelution (it'd be weird to have Jolteon and not Vaporeon or Flareon, same with Espeon/Umbreon and Leafon/Glaceon), plus it's also obviously the most recent and is the perfect gimmick, since Sylveon was the big thing from the moment it was revealed to the moment Fairy-type was confirmed. Sylveon just represents the Fairy-type and honestly the 6th Generation as a whole.

Not before Vaporeon!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Then that ruins the entire point of Eevee. Eevee is the evolution Pokemon, meaning he can evolve into various Pokemon. Having one evolution and not all 8 would be, well, insignificant.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
This new Eevee leak is one of my favourites to date, actually. Despite the loss of Jigglypuff, the diversity and uniqueness of added characters more than makes up for it.

I'm guessing Eevee would evolve into one of his 8 evolutions during the course of the match and stay that way until KO (or match end?), with variations on the same moveset for each evolution.

I actually really hope this is real.

T

Trick or Treat

Then that ruins the entire point of Eevee. Eevee is the evolution Pokemon, meaning he can evolve into various Pokemon. Having one evolution and not all 8 would be, well, insignificant.
Then it just wouldn't work. Having so many different movesets would just be too much.
Granted, I'm sure most moves would be very similar, just with different type attributes, but that still just seems like too much. Even for Sakurai.

And, in terms of gameplay, how would it work? How would we have access to the different evolutions? During a match wouldn't make sense, so there'd have to be something else? Diferent costume = different evolution? Certain stage = predetermined evolution? Or maybe just the option to choose and set it to evolve into a certain evolution?

I just can't think of any other way it'd work.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Guys, regarding this 4chan leak, it's fake. Or at least the person posting it is. It's written in rather awkward Japanese, suggesting they do not actually speak the language and probably used a translation tool to create it in the first place. For example, they use 文字 to mean a character when in fact it really means a character for writing, not in fiction. All the "de aru"s give it away too. I suggest tossing this in the trash and not giving it any more attention.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Then it just wouldn't work. Having so many different movesets would just be too much.
Granted, I'm sure most moves would be very similar, just with different type attributes, but that still just seems like too much. Even for Sakurai.

And, in terms of gameplay, how would it work? How would we have access to the different evolutions? During a match wouldn't make sense, so there'd have to be something else? Diferent costume = different evolution? Certain stage = predetermined evolution? Or maybe just the option to choose and set it to evolve into a certain evolution?

I just can't think of any other way it'd work.
Probably Alt Colors. Also, who said the moves had to be different? The moves could very well still be the same, just with different effects. (Ex, Flareon-fire/burn, Jolteon-Electric/paralysis, Leafeon-Grass/Flowers [Cant remember exact name, had something to do with Lip's Stick], Umbreon-Dark/ Dark magic, etc.)

Dan

Smash Lord
Eevee doesn't need to have all of its evolutions in the game. I would say a good number would be 3. It could be all 3 from gen I, or a mixture of generations. It could be once Eevee deals a certain amount of damage it'll evolve, or something like gathering the 3 pieces of the Dragoon or a Final Smash, but all of this seems too complicated and unlikely, so that makes this leak seem very unlikely.

It could even be just Eevee, and maybe it's evolutions would only be incorporated into its Final Smash, but that just be a very boring character.

Last edited:
Didnt someone say or Gamefreak is abit of a bummer...lets say..strict and or stingy about what pokes get in Smash?

Like...will they be Eevee and pokemon trainer...isnt that like..over kill..

Can Eevee change between all its evolutions?
How many of its moves change?
Power speed' change too?

OmG Jolteon is AwsuM
Stats stay the same, A moves stay the same. Specials would change. They could go all out, or they could keep it simple; change them aesthetically. Make them behave the same, but have a different design. Foward B could be a elemental blast: Flareon does Fire Blast, Sylveon does Moonblast, Umbreon does Dark Pulse. Down B meanwhile surrounds them in an element: Jolteon generates electricity Blanka style, Leafeon whips up leaves, Glaceon whips up ice. How do you chose which Eeveelution you change to? No clue

As for Pokemon Trainer, if this were to happen I could see the Pokemon Trainer being cut. Again, I doubt they would do this, but it is fun to think about. I wonder if there is an Eevee thread in the character discussion boards.

T

Trick or Treat

Probably Alt Colors. Also, who said the moves had to be different? The moves could very well still be the same, just with different effects. (Ex, Flareon-fire/burn, Jolteon-Electric/paralysis, Leafeon-Grass/Flowers [Cant remember exact name, had something to do with Lip's Stick], Umbreon-Dark/ Dark magic, etc.)
What would Espeon be?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Eevee doesn't need to have all of its evolutions in the game. I would say a good number would be 3. It could be all 3 from gen I, or a mixture of generations. It could be once Eevee deals a certain amount of damage it'll evolve, or something like gathering the 3 pieces of the Dragoon or a Final Smash, but all of this seems too complicated and unlikely, so that makes this leak seem very unlikely.
Could you just imagine that though...

Waaa...y u noe puh Espeon buh puh en gayceon....

Dan

Smash Lord
Could you just imagine that though...

Waaa...y u noe puh Espeon buh puh en gayceon....
Yeah, but the same thing could be said for the Pokemon Trainer. Eat your hearts out Blastoise fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Eevee is just pretty ********....but so was R.O.B when i first saw him in MKDS lol.
Wow, you're allowed to say that here. Jeez, on GAF you'd get a ban.

I wouldn't use that word if I were you, its just not a very good word to use, and is insulting for some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom