• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Typing up Japanese text and trying to pass it off as legitimate is one of the oldest tricks in the book. It's one of the reasons that Smash Bros. Universe leak got kicked around way past its expiration date as well.

I'll just post a reminder here that users are to avoid associating themselves with false leaks lest they be subject to warnings and/or infractions. Cap'nChreest posted an example up there, which is tolerable (and he deleted it), but should someone go off to GameFAQs and do the same, the mods won't be as lenient.
Sorry I deleted it. I thought it fit but then I realized the situations were different and the whole not making fake leaks thing kinda made me take it back. I'll repost it

Edit: no I won't it was tolerable that I deleted it not that I said that it was fake on purpose right?
Sorry about the confusion

Thanks for being nice mods

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Ness and Jigglypuff in the PotD?

This was already posted in another thread recently but now that we have a better image, thought I'd post something here.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, Tomorrow. Hmm. I feel we'll get at least ONE Lucario pic this week, most likely focusing on one of his two Specials that's left.

Diddy will very likely be revealed when Tropical Freeze is released. And the pic after that would also be about him. The final pic will probably be random like today's.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Be careful about going off-topic... There's already a thread for Miiverse picture discussion and speculation.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No. In fact things have been rather slow around here the past few hours. Then again it is a weekday morning.
Ah.
So, referring to the TV, I think it's still lens flare. But if anything it's a Nintendogs picture.
(The "Ness" being a Mii and the "Jigglypuff" being a dog.)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That definitely looks like Ness. Though it's not like many of us are worrying about his inclusion in the first place. I suppose that could be a hint that he's still in if anyone had doubts about him.

Last edited:

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
Guys, you're going off topic again

But yeah, American English isn't really English, neither is Canadian English, you language hogging ********...

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
More English than American English
Most contemporary linguists would agree that the American dialect of english is closer to the dialect spoken in the UK before the American Revolution than current British accents are. In many ways, American english is actually the most "original english."

... Right, so Smash Brothers?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Anyway, I think we're over-analyzing this, it could be anything. But, for right now, it's just a blurry image.

T

Trick or Treat

Yeah, that's the one downside to all this. And just a lot of leaks/reveals. Characters like Ness, and dare I say Jigglypuff (and Game & Watch from that crappy 'leak' recently) are just very unexciting even if the leaks are true, mostly because they're pretty much assured a spot anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love those characters but I wouldn't exactly be excited if, for example, that image above proves Ness is in the game. Same with those pictures of Falco and the like.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, that's the one downside to all this. And just a lot of leaks/reveals. Characters like Ness, and dare I say Jigglypuff (and Game & Watch from that crappy 'leak' recently) are just very unexciting even if the leaks are true, mostly because they're pretty much assured a spot anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love those characters but I wouldn't exactly be excited if, for example, that image above proves Ness is in the game. Same with those pictures of Falco and the like.
...YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

RODO

Smash Ace
Ok guys I'm back. For those of you who didn't read the original post, I am NOT the guy who brought this info to you, I'm just using the account he made to share the info he is getting from a guy he knows (I'm the one who told him to post the info here after he told me, since I frequent these boards and I thought you guys would like to know).

I actually have noticed that this isn't getting much attention, which is fine, but someone here mentioned something about Diddy Kong so I thought I'd see if my buddy could get some info on it. From what his source hears (not sure what he actually does for a living, maybe I should ask if you all are interested?) Diddy Kong is returning in some way, though it doesn't seem to be any sort of Dixie tag team thing like some are suggesting.

I know this wasn't a lot to go off of, but from how it seems it's just a situation where a guy knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, and it's more of a what people have heard instead of actually seen type deal. Don't know how legit most of this is but I'll keep you posted as much as I can. Back to lurking :p
Get out of here with your fake leak =P but anyway I was the guy that said diddy being left out was strange. Might want to spice up your rumour, I don't think anyone here cares too much lol

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
More English than American English
Adding English after American is redundant.

At any rate I think people shouldn't linger on the whole "Sakurai himself leaked something" in a daily update. Even if he did (I'll admit it's a long shot, but we have gotten things like Ness/Lucario/Jiggs before), these particular updates/discussions belong in the Miiverse Thread.

splat

Smash Lord
Found this ND rumour on 4chan (so it can probably be ignored):

Nintendo Direct Thursday "Year of the Yoshi" !!fF5wBHV2ckO 02/10/14(Mon) 13:31

[[random image of Yoshi]]

It's coming, and this is what I've learned will be the focus of the US version of the Direct from my sources.

* Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze Release Trailer.
* Donkey Kong Community for Miiverse; Donkey Kong Country will return to the Wii U Virtual Console very soon, and presumably the other two will follow.
* "Year of the Yoshi" announcement, the Yoshi 3DS, and new footage of Yoshi's New Island and "Yarn Yoshi". There is also a glimpse of a third Yoshi game, a new Paper Mario for the 3DS that focuses on Mario and Yoshi as a team and has players use the touch-screen to color in objects with markers.
* New Smash Brother Trailer for Yoshi, who is revamped and carries Baby Mario.
* New Mario Kart 8 Trailer.
* Information on upcoming Indie Titles.
* Murasame Castle will be the next 3D Classic, and be released in the West officially for the first time.
* New footage of Zelda Hyrule Warriors, and the Sonic Lost World Zelda-themed DLC.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Found this ND rumour on 4chan (so it can probably be ignored):
If it wasn't 4chan, I would have said wait til Wednesday for possible news.

Plus I never listen to rumors/"leaks" that describe an entire reveal step-by-step in high detail.

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
That leak sounds all well and good, but the only thing that throws me off is the paper mario game for the 3ds. Just seems to soon after the last one. Also all the points are relatively safe, except for the yoshi and baby mario part.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That leak sounds all well and good, but the only thing that throws me off is the paper mario game for the 3ds. Just seems to soon after the last one. Also all the points are relatively safe, except for the yoshi and baby mario part.

Yeah, we've never gotten two Paper Mario games on the same system. And Sticker Star wasn't even that long ago. (Plus it was awful.) I think if we're getting another Paper Mario, it'll be on Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom