• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Little Mac could still be considered a retro-character, by definition. The most accurate term would be, "a retro-character with a recent revival" as that is literally what he is. One does not simply lose retro status after making an appearance some years later. That retro status never truly leaves, they just gain another status, their revival, which under some circumstances is still considered a retro.
That's the most untestably arbitrary classification system I've ever heard of. And it has alot less basis than "They're not Retro anymore." It's like saying Pit is Retro, because he had two games in the past. To kids these days, he's Pit. He's in Uprising. He's recent. That's like saying Mario and DK are Retro, because they had games back in the 80s.

Note: The number of games a character has should not matter toward their "retro" status.

The characters that have so far been retro had NO recent games at their time of addition. Ice Climbers are still retro because they're up **** creek without any games. Game and Watch and ROB are Retro.

Do you think Sakurai is using Pit because of his past games? No, Pit in Smash 4 is pretty much Uprising Pit, and is therefore not Retro. The same is likely applied to Palutena, and the same might be applied to Little Mac.

You can't state it like there's some "sacred rule" about how a character is retro once, even with a series revival MEANT TO MAKE THEM MODERN, they're still "Retro". That's not how it works. Don't be asinine.

Sorry, this shouldn't even be bring discussed, since this is the LEAK thread.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Unlike "leaks" based on community-predicted reveal dates, Ashley did turn up very randomly fast after appearance of the thing. Unless Sakurai actually took a look at the leak, then revealed the Ashley for trolling reasons... we can assume that this was a coincidence. While saying Ashley will be an AT wasn't implausible, obviously, it was a rather random point to grab on. This means that this is the most legitimate text leak so far given the current knowledge - this obviously doesn't automatically mean it is 90% true or anything.
I think it was just a lucky guess. I mean, I didn't even KNOW Ashley was popular enough to get all the complaints and whining that she got and I keep on top of game stuff mostly. Under reasonable circumstances I think for a character like her, she was more likely to end up as an assist trophy anyway. The person was probably just making an educated guess that turned out true. Also keep in mind that headbutting and butt attacks are not fitness moves. Sakurai is also afraid of totally changing up characters movesets to people who already play as those characters. There's probably a reason Ganondorf hasn't strayed to far from his moveset. He also couldn't even get rid of Mario's Tornado attack. We are just now seeing new moves replacing old one's completely with Pit. I seriously doubt he will completely re-haul Diddy into a dual character, tossing out his final-smash and all. That leak is a joke and seriously needs to die.

Little Mac could still be considered a retro-character, by definition. The most accurate term would be, "a retro-character with a recent revival" as that is literally what he is. One does not simply lose retro status after making an appearance some years later. That retro status never truly leaves, they just gain another status, their revival, which under some circumstances is still considered a retro.
What the ****?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well, not necessarily JUST Ashley. If you'll notice, the Translator leak also mentions Lady Palutena. Due to these images, people are beleiving there's more credence to that leak.
Even so, those are still two extremely likely choices (for what they are). Although I don't believe the translator rumor for a number of other reasons, it just seems so fabricated it's funny.

A simple reason is something someone on this thread posted. Apparently the "leaker" of the information came back after Ashley's reveal to say, "See, TOLD YOU Ashley was an assist trophy, and yes I just made up the story as to how I got that info so as to throw off Nintendo"

Really? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Even so, those are still two extremely likely choices (for what they are). Although I don't believe the translator rumor for a number of other reasons, it just seems so fabricated it's funny.

Another reason is something someone on this thread posted. Apparently the "leaker" of the information came back after Ashley's reveal to say, "See, TOLD YOU Ashley was an assist trophy, and yes I just made up the story as to how I got that info so as to throw off Nintendo"

Really? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Hm. Personally, I don't believe much of what that leak is saying. I was just telling you why other people are believing it.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I think it was just a lucky guess. I mean, I didn't even KNOW Ashley was popular enough to get all the complaints and whining that she got and I keep on top of game stuff mostly. Under reasonable circumstances I think for a character like her, she was more likely to end up as an assist trophy anyway. The person was probably just making an educated guess that turned out true. Also keep in mind that headbutting and butt attacks are not fitness moves. Sakurai is also afraid of totally changing up characters movesets to people who already play as those characters. There's probably a reason Ganondorf hasn't strayed to far from his moveset. He also couldn't even get rid of Mario's Tornado attack. We are just now seeing new moves replacing old one's completely with Pit. I seriously doubt he will completely re-haul Diddy into a dual character, tossing out his final-smash and all. That leak is a joke and seriously needs to die.
Explanation why people believe something doesn't necessarily come from person who believes the thing, you know. I believe the whole leak won't turn out true at all given the WFT move nonsense. However, I'm giving the leaker the benefit of doubt - there is a chance of some nonsense being deliberately included to throw off the "poison mole detection" systems. ("This person knew that, but didn't knew that. This person knew that, but didn't knew that. And this one is not even true. Screw it, somebody's just fabricating stuff while being extremely lucky.")

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Hm. Personally, I don't believe much of what that leak is saying. I was just telling you why other people are believing it.
I could tell, I just got caught up in rambling about how inconclusive the reasons they believe it are.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know, if Palutena is truly in the roster (which I'm believing regardless if this leak is true or not), it means yet another chalk up to the Translator rumor.
Palutena can be revealed anytime besides if nothing happens tomorrow nor February 8th the diddy kong being next rumor will still be alive

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What the ****?
Yeah I'm not really sure where the logic was in that post.

On the translator leak: Its a leak without visual evidence, so obviously I'm hesitant to believe it. However, if the 13th rolls around and Diddy's changed significantly, I think we'll have our answer on that leak.

I remain skeptical however, just because Palutena, an Ashley AT, Chrom and Little Mac are easy, prominent guesses. (Well, the AT isn't prominent, but it makes enough sense.)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I could tell, I just got caught up in rambling about how inconclusive the reasons they believe it are.
Ah, I see. Well, I mean, I can see WHY they believe it, due to possibly two things on it being true, but I personally ain't buyin' most of it.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Actually I thought of that since yesterday, Sakurai is so passionate to his work that someone 'betraying' him like this would 'hurt' him so much he'd actually do something like that, at least IMO
I think him, and Nintendo themselves are actually kinda vengative when someone does something they don't like at all

iam8bit

Smash Ace
No way they'd remove a character just because of a leak. No way.

At most, they'd leave it hidden until the release.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

"Model is smoother... overalls buttons are larger and the straps stretch down further...colors are more saturated. Sideburns are shorter, 'stache is darker... and yep. His hands are definitely smaller.

(In reference to the left pic)

Actually, this strong change in Mario's appearance on the "leaked" image seems to imply that more development has been done on the character models, thus... Mario's looking a lot better. Uh oh... I think I'm leaning towards TeamReal..."

My post from NeoGAF. ...Man, this would be extremely impressive if fake.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice

"Model is smoother... overalls buttons are larger and the straps stretch down further...colors are more saturated. Sideburns are shorter, 'stache is darker... and yep. His hands are definitely smaller.

Actually, this strong change in Mario's appearance on the "leaked" image seems to imply that more development has been done on the character models, thus... Mario's looking a lot better. Uh oh... I think I'm leaning towards TeamReal..."

If these turn out to be real, then damn. The 3DS version is looking far too pretty for its own good.

2pretty4me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So what's the topic at the moment, is it how Sakurai just knows how to laugh in our face with just today's pic?

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... this palutena leak has certianly gotten disscussion going...
Dude, it's like the only very likely legitimate leak most have ever seen for a Smash Bros. title. I'm not surprised by this amount of buzz at all.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why is there constantly a horde of users on this thread?
Because Lady Palutena, that's why. They either want to see how much we're proving on this, or they're here to laugh at us like all the people who think this is fake.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Welp now I officially believe that dis b real.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dude, it's like the only very likely legitimate leak most have ever seen for a Smash Bros. title. I'm not surprised by this amount of buzz at all.
Your greenness is unbearably adorable.

I think if this ends up being fake it will be even more famous in Smash history because of how perfectly the job was done.
That goes double for you.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, we can all agree on one thing if we can't agree that this is the real deal.

If this somehow ends up being fake, it shall go down in history as the best fake ever created in the history of man.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499

Wait a minute...

That Mario model on the left side look like the Mario model in the daily picture...

Oh my god.... I think this leak is actually real...

D

Deleted member

I realize you were referring to the comment under the poll, but I was referring to someone implying that Sakurai had nothing to do with anything on the page you listed. Looking at it though, it seems like it's definitely him, do we know that for sure? I don't know anything about that site, is it run by Sakurai? You are correct that I'm definitely missing some information, which is why I'm asking. Please don't think I'm trying to argue or refute your point, I'm legitimately confused, trying to find out if your link actually proves Dedede was planned for 64, because I heard that site called into question (like a hundred pages ago)
Yes, that is in fact Sakurai. This poll was done on the official site for Smash 64 in Japan.

The confusion about this site is that Did You Know Gaming had confused that poll as insight from developers about who was considered for the game as opposed to what it really was; results of a poll for a Smash sequel that Sakurai hosted. With some comments of his own at the bottom.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
still Palutena discussion?
oh well I expected this, though what I do have to say on the matter, is that I believe this thing to be real,
there's too much supporting evidence and everything we have against this thing have become debunked, everything is pointing to this thing being real,
basically, this thing is F***ing real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom