• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
How crazy hype would you guys be if a direct was scheduled for Friday (revealed tomorrow)?

But then, Sakurai reveals a different newcomer :troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
How crazy hype would you guys be if a direct was scheduled for Friday (revealed tomorrow)?

I'd be okay with this, a newcomer is a newcomer.

Plus since we gots some kirby stuff, it'd would be bandanna dee. if it wasn't palutena.

Inb4 freaking mii's......

Shroob

Sup?
Is it wrong to think that the Translator leak is too good to be true? When I look at the roster, it's practically the 'perfect' roster... and that's what makes me concerned. It is the 'Perfect' roster, barring one or two things.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Is it wrong to think that the Translator leak is too good to be true? When I look at the roster, it's practically the 'perfect' roster... and that's what makes me concerned. It is the 'Perfect' roster, barring one or two things.
It's not wrong. Its not the perfect roster to me, lyn is scrapped, a dixie and diddy duo (why?), and ridley screwed again? plus some other things.

I can't wait until Feb 13th so that "leak" is finally proven false. I don't think diddy and dixie would be a duo.... I just don't. and I wouldn't like it, it feels off to me. Especially the backstory.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman

Is there still a chance that there will be a direct tomorrow? I thought since Nintendo didn't announce it by now it wasn't happening. I would love to be wrong though.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'd be okay with this, a newcomer is a newcomer.

Plus since we gots some kirby stuff, it'd would be bandanna dee. if it wasn't palutena.

Inb4 freaking mii's......
Bandanna Dee? :troll:

Btw I wonder if the rest of the newcomers are ones we're expecting, or if Sakurai still has some tricks up his sleeve.
it'd would? It would would? :troll: :p:awesome:

Shroob

Sup?
It's not wrong. Its not the perfect roster to me, lyn is scrapped, a dixie and diddy duo (why?), and ridley screwed again? plus some other things.

I can't wait until Feb 13th so that "leak" is finally proven false. I don't think diddy and dixie would be a duo.... I just don't. and I wouldn't like it, it feels off to me.
Um, the translator leak says Ridley is a character.

Also, Dixie doesn't necessarily have to be shown on the 13th. Just like how Sheik hasn't been shown yet with Zelda, or ZSS with Samus. Though, if we don't get a Nintendo Direct this month, it's possible that we'll get one in February.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Bandanna Dee? :troll:

Btw I wonder if the rest of the newcomers are ones we're expecting, or if Sakurai still has some tricks up his sleeve.
it'd would? It would would? :troll: :p:awesome:
what?

I don't think the newcomers will be all what you guys are mostly assuming, I mean he could pick robin instead of chrom or something.

He has tricks up his sleeve, I can feel it, which is why he's my favorite dev, he always likes to mess around.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Is there still a chance that there will be a direct tomorrow? I thought since Nintendo didn't announce it by now it wasn't happening. I would love to be wrong though.
They like to announce those last minute, so anything'a possible (a direct on Friday).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The only way the translator leak is disconfirmed by Diddy is if Diddy is shown throwing banana peels, thus disconfirming his Down Special being a swap to Dixie. Dixie, as a Sheik/ZSS equivalent, would be shown separately, probably in a trailer.

I agree that it sounds too good to be true (Ashley AT and playable Palutena were easily guessable), but god damn would I love it to be true.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The plot thickens day by day.......Imagine it this was Ridley or Mewtwo getting leaked as a playable character. I think these boards would crash.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Um, the translator leak says Ridley is a character.

Also, Dixie doesn't necessarily have to be shown on the 13th. Just like how Sheik hasn't been shown yet with Zelda, or ZSS with Samus. Though, if we don't get a Nintendo Direct this month, it's possible that we'll get one in February.
Isn't that leak the one with the "oh i'm rich I paid sakurai to tell me" backstory?

Dixie is not a diddy.

Shiek is a part of zelda, ZSS is samus.

:urg: No, the Translator leak on the first post. The one ballsy enough to present several dates as to when events will happen, examples like Chrom's reveal date, Meta Knight's, etc.
Chrom's "reveal" date falls on a date where there's no pics of the day, iicrc.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Isn't that leak the one with the "oh i'm rich I paid sakurai to tell me" backstory?

Dixie is not a diddy.

Shiek is a part of zelda, ZSS is samus.

Chrom's "reveal" date falls on a date where there's no pics of the day, iicrc.
The guy (girl actually) admitted to making that bit up so as to hide her identity.

Oh, so if a different version of the same character warrants a separate reveal, surely an entirely different character does as well?

Chrom's reveal wasn't given a date, it was said to be a reveal meant to celebrate the first Fire Emblem's anniversary.

The leak is flimsy at points, but those aren't any of them.

EDIT: Diddy and Dixie's duo was planned for Brawl. This should be common knowledge by now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Like I've said before. I'm desperately hoping the translator leak is correct. I'm skeptical, but it has everything I'd ever want.

I HAVE to hope!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I want to know what it is though. So far, theres no major flaw that deems this unreal.
Well first, the angle:

It can't just be the angle. With them and the trees that close you would've have at least see some of the platforms. Or Mario and Palutena be seen at an angle.
Second, the models. Fine, they're probably not imported. But, that doesn't mean you can't make them. I understand that's "grasping for straws" but you can't rule that out. People aren't stupid, many could easily make a convincing pic using Photoshop. Remember the Ness and Jigglypuff "leak"? The same happens here.
Oh, and.
Look, there! A texture! Maybe I could use that!

"But why?" you may ask. Simple, look what it's done. Two pictures have caused all these threads to go nuts. Now I don't know 'bout you, but that's more than makes up for the effort.
And for others. I'm not against Palutena's inclusion. I'm just saying there's something wrong but I can't figure it out.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The guy (girl actually) admitted to making that bit up so as to hide her identity.

Oh, so if a different version of the same character warrants a separate reveal, surely an entirely different character does as well?

Chrom's reveal wasn't given a date, it was said to be a reveal meant to celebrate the first Fire Emblem's anniversary.

The leak is flimsy at points, but those aren't any of them.

EDIT: Diddy and Dixie's duo was planned for Brawl. This should be common knowledge by now.
More like backtracking, so that the "leak" could be "believable".

Why not reveal them both? Rosalina AND luma, why not reveal luma or the pikmin separately? Diddy isn't transforming into dixie, wouldn't it make sense to include them both since they'll be a tag team?

It falls April 20th, a Sunday. I dunno if a pic would happen that day, so we'll see.

Yes I know, I've been hanging around here alot, I don't like the idea i'm glad they scrapped it.

I don't believe the leak, and I think a standalone diddy on the 13th is all it takes to disprove it. Though if it takes until April 20th for you guys to put it as false, then fine.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count on a major Direct this month. We seem to get them every other month, so February is my best guess.
You're probably right, I just kept reading about the potential for a direct Friday with the "3DS Press Event" and all and the hype got to me haha. I need to learn keep a level head until real announcements happen.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well first, the angle:

It can't just be the angle. With them and the trees that close you would've have at least see some of the platforms. Or Mario and Palutena be seen at an angle.
Second, the models. Fine, they're probably not imported. But, that doesn't mean you can't make them. I understand that's "grasping for straws" but you can't rule that out. People aren't stupid, many could easily make a convincing pic using Photoshop. Remember the Ness and Jigglypuff "leak"? The same happens here.
Oh, and.
Let's just maximize Mario, make him look a little better and...

"But why?" you may ask. Simple, look what it's done. Two pictures have caused all these threads to go nuts. Now I don't know 'bout you, but that's more than makes up for the effort.
And for others. I'm not against Palutena's inclusion. I'm just saying there's something wrong but I can't figure it out.
About the maximizing Mario thing, you couldn't do that without making him look at least a little blurry, and he's still in a different pose than he is in the leak.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I agree that it sounds too good to be true (Ashley AT and playable Palutena were easily guessable), but god damn would I love it to be true.
I don't.

I don't mind Awakening getting a stage plus a newcomer or AT, but to see it get all three when the AT/character slot could go to a character form a game not otherwise represented in Smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
About the maximizing Mario thing, you couldn't do that without making him look at least a little blurry, and he's still in a different pose than he is in the leak.
Alright then, but the "leaker" has something to use yes? Could've easily edited an existing Mario model and just put in the right pose.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
More like backtracking, so that the "leak" could be "believable".

Why not reveal them both? Rosalina AND luma, why not reveal luma or the pikmin separately?

It falls April 20th, a Sunday. I dunno if a pic would happen that day, so we'll see.

Yes I know, I've been hanging around here alot, I don't like the idea i'm glad they scrapped it.

I don't believe the leak, and I think a standalone diddy on the 13th is all it takes to disprove it. Though if it takes until April 20th for you guys to put it as false, then fine.
I have considered the possibility of her backtracking. The crappy backstory and subsequent dismissal of it is one of the leak's biggest weak points.

You're not honestly comparing an entire new character to a disposable summon, are you?

That date falls on a Sunday. Doesn't mean the anniversary can't be celebrated before or after the 20th during a Direct.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Well first, the angle:

Oh, and.
Let's just maximize Mario, make him look a little better and...

Ness and Jigglypuff were proven Brawl imports, and you can't just MAXIMIZE Mario without him looking pixelated or blurrry - Mario's pose is "from scratch" and not the same as the one in the jungle screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom