• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't think MisterVideoGaming understands how Photoshop and Gimp works.

Yes, you can pull off some amazing things, but there is simply absolutely no way that even the most talented graphics maker could make that tiny tiny Mario look THAT good by blowing it up. Pixels don't play well when stretched.
He must watch too much CSI :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can someone quote the Translator "LEAK" for me? I'm too lazy to look for it.
It's on the OP of this thread.

I don't think MisterVideoGaming understands how Photoshop and Gimp works.

Yes, you can pull off some amazing things, but there is simply absolutely no way that even the most talented graphics maker could make that tiny tiny Mario look THAT good by blowing it up. Pixels don't play well when stretched.
They could have recreated the frame using that shot as reference. Doubtful, though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Precisely. Like I said, there's no way they could've done this with that tiny Mario.

Admit it, MisterVideoGaming! This leak is real, and there's no way to disprove it without grasping at straws!
He must watch too much CSI :troll:
Edited my original post.
BTW haven't watch CSI. Is it any good? Heard it's incredibly cheesy.

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
i really hope online play wont lag bad or at all...if its anything like brawl it will suck

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Edited my original post.
I see. But still, I think this is grasping at straws if I've ever seen it. There's just no way any of the assets you've claimed can be used without making the picture an obvious hoax.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I see. But still, I think this is grasping at straws if I've ever seen it. There's just no way any of the assets you've claimed can be used without making the picture an obvious hoax.
I did say that didn't I? But then let ask you, I've made my speech, why do you think it's real?

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I quite like the Translator leak's proposed roster. Diddy Kong was kind of boring in Brawl, and having Dixie tag along side him would really shake things up. We'll know if this person is for real soon when Tropical Freeze releases. The other thing that is suspicious is that the "leaker" does not know who the 5th Zelda rep is. I want a 5th Zelda rep, but how could you not know it when you know the rest of the roster?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I did say that didn't I? But then let ask you, I've made my speech, why do you think it's real?
A number of reasons. To reiterate, that Mario model could not have been faked. There's no way for anyone to take or make that model, reposition it, and put it in the picture on such short notice. This picture was leaked on the day the new Mario model was seen. Tell me, how could they have possibly done what I've stated on the same day?

Again, there are a number of reasons, but I still find this one to be the most prominent.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh c'mon people.

Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.
Does this sound logical, at all. How can you all even entertain something that is so clearly and unequivocally false. Sakurai is unwilling to reveal new information to members of the industry press, but he's going to do it for some guy that magically inherited money, flew out to Japan, hired a translator, managed to procure a meeting with an executive -- forget the fact that it's Sakurai -- and browbeat him into spilling information about this game. Really people? If this doesn't raise a five foot bright neon red flag, then I don't know what there is to say to some within this community. Use your brains.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I quite like the Translator leak's proposed roster. Diddy Kong was kind of boring in Brawl, and having Dixie tag along side him would really shake things up. We'll know if this person is for real soon when Tropical Freeze releases. The other thing that is suspicious is that the "leaker" does not know who the 5th Zelda rep is. I want a 5th Zelda rep, but how could you not know it when you know the rest of the roster?
The would say why I don't like it, but then everyone would yell at me. I dont like alot of the characters proposed.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
It is probably real, because there has been 50+ pages worth of discussion and research to find even the tiniest hint at it being fake and literally nothing has come up outside of the clipping issue which happens to other characters anyway. While anything is possible so it could always be fake, everything is so perfect that there is no reason not to believe in it. It is consistent with everything, the Palutena and the Mario are new models, the Mario photo is of the same style as Monday's pic of the day which is cleaner and much more detailed than earlier 3DS pics, and the outlines are consistent with how outlines appear on other characters. Again, this could be fake, but all evidence points to truth so it is hard to stay skeptical I guess. Not to mention this type of picture would take a lot of work and time to fake with such attention to detail, and the faker would only have a few days to create it as Mario's newest model (from the adventure mode pic) came out, again, as Monday's pic of the day.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh c'mon people.

Does this sound logical, at all. How can you all even entertain something that is so clearly and unequivocally false. Sakurai is unwilling to reveal new information to members of the industry press, but he's going to do it for some guy that magically inherited money, flew out to Japan, hired a translator, managed to procure a meeting with an executive -- forget the fact that it's Sakurai -- and browbeat him into spilling information about this game. Really people? If this doesn't raise a five foot bright neon red flag, then I don't know what there is to say to some within this community. Use your brains.
It's purposefully illogical, because the leaker admitted to faking her backstory so as to hide her identity. Granted, that's still shaky, but it's at least plausible. I dismissed it as well until I saw the leaker come back and clarify this.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think the screenshots are real. Like her and Mario are posable trophies and whoever leaked it decided to set them up to make it look like shes playable.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I dont understand how people can see that really tiny image of mario and make a comparison of the leaked one and the old one. It is just too small to tell

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A number of reasons. To reiterate, that Mario model could not have been faked. There's no way for anyone to take or make that model, reposition it, and put it in the picture on such short notice. This picture was leaked on the day the new Mario model was seen. Tell me, how could they have possibly done what I've stated on the same day?

Again, there are a number of reasons, but I still find this one to be the most prominent.
It is probably real, because there has been 50+ pages worth of discussion and research to find even the tiniest hint at it being fake and literally nothing has come up outside of the clipping issue which happens to other characters anyway. While anything is possible so it could always be fake, everything is so perfect that there is no reason not to believe in it. It is consistent with everything, the Palutena and the Mario are new models, the Mario photo is of the same style as Monday's pic of the day which is cleaner and much more detailed than earlier 3DS pics, and the outlines are consistent with how outlines appear on other characters. Again, this could be fake, but all evidence points to truth so it is hard to stay skeptical I guess.
And like I've been saying, we're underestimating people's talents. You'll be surprised. Like I've said, we don't know the leaker himself. He could've done all this by himself...

Look, none of us are gonna change opinions. Can't we just say we have differing opinions, I'm completely stubborn, and move on?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And like I've been saying, we're underestimating people's talents. You'll be surprised. Like I've said, we don't know the leaker himself. He could've done all this by himself...

Look, none of us are gonna change opinions. Can't we just say we have differing opinions, I'm completely stubborn, and move on?
Sure. I have my opinion, and you have yours. If you want to be skeptical, I suppose you have every right to do so.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm starting to think the screenshots are real. Like her and Mario are posable trophies and whoever leaked it decided to set them up to make it look like shes playable.
How can you explain the different stances in both pics, then

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Sakurai faked it:

He thought we were ungrateful since we nagged him about revealing nothing special on the 15th anniversary, so he fabricated these pics and "leaked" them. Then he proceeded to delete any data he had of Palutena from Smash :troll:.

-Scumbag Sakurai-

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You cannot simply zoom that tiny Mario image into the bigger Mario image from the leak.

Photoshop and other such programs have powerful capabilities, but don't overestimate them. That Mario picture is just too small to be converted into the detailed Mario from the leak. It's impossible.

In addition to that, that tiny Mario is on a slightly different pose and the camera is in a different position in relation to Mario. However, the color schemes match. Just like the leak, the January 20th, 2014 daily picture has more saturated colors compared to previous Mario images.

Those are my observations.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai faked it:

He thought we were ungrateful since we nagged him about revealing nothing special on the 15th anniversary, so he fabricated these pics and "leaked" them. Then he proceeded to delete any data he had of Palutena from Smash :troll:.

-Scumbag Sakurai-
...Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh c'mon people.

Even if he did manage to meet Sakurai, as soon as he said, "what secrets can you tell me about this game", Sakurai would've responded, "I can't reveal any info right now" or more likely, "Get out of my office right now"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Even if this was frabricated somehow, I'm pretty damn confident she's in the game anyway, so does it really matter?

Also, dat ****ing Lyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom