• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Chrom's "reveal" date falls on a date where there's no pics of the day, iicrc.
Translator said:
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
An "expected" release date. It's a bit more ambiguous in that area, probably due to Sakurai not actually having many plans on revealing newcomers.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright then, but the "leaker" has something to use yes? Could've easily edited an existing Mario model and just put in the right pose.
Alright. Well then, do you have evidence to back up your claim? Where did they get the model of Mario we all think is the new one, based on the screenshot Sakurai posted of Mario in that random stage, and how did they manage to edit it?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

In pic #1 she seems to be on the top platform. In Pic #2 she seems to be on the left platform. Remember, angles can be adjusted while on pause, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
That date falls on a Sunday. Doesn't mean the anniversary can't be celebrated before or after the 20th during a Direct.
This is a good point, in fact the way I remember it Dedede's arrival was in celebration of Kirby Triple Deluxe in Japan despite the game being released the following day. I think the weekend argument is more or less a moot point.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is a good point, in fact the way I remember it Dedede's arrival was in celebration of Kirby Triple Deluxe in Japan despite the game being released the following day. I think the weekend argument is more or less a moot point.
Yes. Now, if the leak had said, "This veteran will be shown off on the website on this weekend date," we'd be able to scrap it immediately as a fan-made oversight. But this leak does not stumble into this pitfall.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I have considered the possibility of her backtracking. The crappy backstory and subsequent dismissal of it is one of the leak's biggest weak points.

You're not honestly comparing an entire new character to a disposable summon, are you?

That date falls on a Sunday. Doesn't mean the anniversary can't be celebrated before or after the 20th during a Direct.
Sigh, i'm saying I feel like dixie is going to follow diddy around in a Ice climber fashion; like in tropical freeze she follows DK around, not a down-B switch.

I feel like the "leaker" carefully picked out characters that most people would love to see playable, that's why everyone loves it. So they follow their hearts and say "oh yes this is true because my most wanted character is in it". that's how I feel about this, I don't buy it yet, it needs a bit more evidence then just getting a few assumptions that go around here quite often correct. (ex: Palutena playable, ashely AT)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When does the "Warning Challenger Approaching!" banner appear? Is it right before a character is revealed? Or is it after?
At the same time as a character reveal, newcomer or veteran.

In pic #1 she seems to be on the top platform. In Pic #2 she seems to be on the left platform. Remember, angles can be adjusted while on pause, but that doesnt seem to be the case.
Has anybody noticed the refresh lines on the second picture? They are visible to the humam eye when you take pictures of LCD screens. The second picture, in addition to being very realistic, clearly has refreshes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sigh, i'm saying I feel like dixie is going to follow diddy around in a Ice climber fashion; like in tropical freeze she follows DK around, not a down-B switch.

I feel like the "leaker" carefully picked out characters that most people would love to see playable, that's why everyone loves it. So they follow their hearts and say "oh yes this is true because my most wanted character is in it". that's how I feel about this, I don't buy it yet, it needs a bit more evidence then just getting a few assumptions that go around here quite often correct. (ex: Palutena playable, ashely AT)
The guy outright said "They play more like Zelda/Sheik," so, while that still leaves the possibility open that she and Diddy are both onscreen at once, it still makes it perfectly clear that Dixie has her own moveset, and is not just a supplemental Nana.

Yep, that's confirmation bias for you. It's going to take either the duo mechanic, Wario wearing his classic attire by default, or that weird Fire Emblem AT for me to believe it. But by the same token, it's not wrong just because parts of it aren't exactly what is expected.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

It plays a lot of the stuff fairly safe, but also includes some really stupid information.

Like "Lucario and Mewtwo play differently"....like no ****.

And "Chrom wields the Falchion"...what else would he wield, a normal-ass sword? That's his signature sword in the game.

Then they talk a lot about what could have been but was scrapped, etc. It feels like they put in some likely stuff and padded it with this kind of weird information.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The guy outright said "They play more like Zelda/Sheik," so, while that still leaves the possibility open that she and Diddy are both onscreen at once, it still makes it perfectly clear that Dixie has her own moveset, and is not just a supplemental Nana.

Yep, that's confirmation bias for you. It's going to take either the duo mechanic, Wario wearing his classic attire by default, or that weird Fire Emblem AT for me to believe it. But by the same token, it's not wrong just because parts of it aren't exactly what is expected.
I'm saying I don't buy it yet, what i've bolded could easily sway me to believe it.

But for now, i'm going to assume its someone's wish turned into a "leak".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm willing to bet from now to the 31st sakurai wil post nothing but ki related pics and then reveal sandbag to be playable :p

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I was gonna say I'm pretty sure she's on different platforms in the picture. Also, the background changes on Battlefield. Keep that in mind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm willing to bet from now to the 31st sakurai wil post nothing but ki related pics and then reveal sandbag to be playable :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
One last thing. (I can't pull myself away!)

Sakurai deleted this post earlier today:

I just whipped this up but I thought it was funny.
You shouldn't have given it away in the same post...

I saw that That's why I thought tomorrow or on February 8th could be the momment of truth

(On February 8th GBC game coming out for the virtual console for 3ds which is a kid Icarus game called myth and monsters)
Imagine Palutena gets announced with a link to a 20 year old gameboy title.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Has anybody noticed the refresh lines on the second picture? They are visible to the humam eye when you take pictures of LCD screens. The second picture, in addition to being very realistic, clearly has refreshes.
If I make a leak, upload it to my 3DS, and then look at it through picture viewer, would that make such refresh lines?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Alright. Well then, do you have evidence to back up your claim? Where did they get the model of Mario we all think is the new one, based on the screenshot Sakurai posted of Mario in that random stage, and how did they manage to edit it?
Who says they got the model? This isn't some random fan that just found one. This is bigger than that. This man knows his detail, this had to be custom made.
As for editing, something as simple as Photoshop can do the trick. People have done amazing things with that, and the same could happen here.
What I'm saying is all of this, from the angle, to the models, could've easily been made. I do applaud the man though, this was really well made.

But here's the thing I ask, why hasn't Nintendo said anything? Especially to something of this decree...
Or how 'bout this. Why didn't he get caught? Surely one should've spotted him. I mean, with seeing someone with a camera and a 3DS, walking off somewhere secret tip you off?
Insane you ask me? Well fine, tell me? How do we know this is credible? It was posted by some guy we don't know. For all we know, he could be a pro graphic designer.

But wait! You ask me another thing? "Why waste all that time for pictures?" Simple, hype.
Like I've said, just look at what it's done. It's made over 50 pages and is still going, isn't that worth the effort.
Call me stubborn, I call it skepticism.
When I see gameplay footage, then I'll start believing. Till then, I'll doubt.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If I make a leak, upload it to my 3DS, and then look at it through picture viewer, would that make such refresh lines?
I don't know. Depends on the camera. But they're here in this picture, something I would not expect a leaker to think to add if it was fake.

I didn't feel like dealing with people saying it was fake and that I found it somewhere.
I thought it would obviously be fake.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
One last thing. (I can't pull myself away!)

Sakurai deleted this post earlier today:

I just whipped this up but I thought it was funny.
Two can play at that game!
upload_2014-1-23_21-4-34.png

Just realized that this pic also confirms that the pilotwings stage is both the classic island and wuhu. I was too busy being distracted by "something" to notice. :smirk:

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't know. Depends on the camera. But they're here in this picture, something I would not expect a leaker to think to add if it was fake.
Ah, yes. Simply more evidence. Also, if this was fake, would they not try to make it look like an official pic, not an offscreen one?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can someone quote the Translator "LEAK" for me? I'm too lazy to look for it.
A summary of it, and the original post, are on the first post in this thread.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
[collapse=translator leak]
The Translator Leak (1/10/14)
Claims:
  • Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
  • Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach. (There is no way of proving this information)
  • Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped. (There is no way of proving this information)
  • Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
  • The Hammer Brother Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
  • Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on. (There is no way of proving this information)
  • King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
  • Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
  • There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim. (There is no way of proving this information.)
  • Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
  • Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
  • Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
  • Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
  • King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night.
  • No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
  • Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
  • The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
  • Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy. (On Januray 15th, 2014, Sakurai revealed Ashley as an Assist Trophy)
  • Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
  • No new Star Fox characters.
  • Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
  • Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
  • Villager has a female costume.
  • Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
  • Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
  • Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
  • Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
  • All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
  • Mewtwo returns.
  • Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
  • No new Kirby characters.
  • Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
  • No changes made to the EarthBound series.
  • All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
  • Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
  • The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
  • King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
  • The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
  • Snake returns.
  • Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character. [/collapse]For reference i guess.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm back from work. I read through all the pages.

I honestly hope I'm not annoying anyone with my optimism, but I saw the comparison of old and new Mario, and the color change.

I must say...that almost everything brought up in regards to this leak...makes it look real.

Anything that goes against it being real from what I've seen is grasping at straws.
Well first, the angle:

It can't just be the angle. With them and the trees that close you would've have at least see some of the platforms. Or Mario and Palutena be seen at an angle.
Second, the models. Fine, they're probably not imported. But, that doesn't mean you can't make them. I understand that's "grasping for straws" but you can't rule that out. People aren't stupid, many could easily make a convincing pic using Photoshop. Remember the Ness and Jigglypuff "leak"? The same happens here.
Oh, and.
Look, there! A texture! Maybe I could use that!

"But why?" you may ask. Simple, look what it's done. Two pictures have caused all these threads to go nuts. Now I don't know 'bout you, but that's more than makes up for the effort.
And for others. I'm not against Palutena's inclusion. I'm just saying there's something wrong but I can't figure it out.
The problem with this concept is first off, the view of the background in the Palutena pictures don't exist elsewhere. So the leaker would have had to go through a lot of time and effort to get a random model of Mario, Palutena (editing her dress, face, and staff, whilst outlining all but the bulb) and the background.

If you look closely at the outline of Palutena, you can see that at some parts, the line gets a bit more transparent, which is consistent with several 3DS pics, including the one that revealed Luigi's flutter jump. This would mean that, if fake, the leaker would have to likely be very, very specific and make certain parts transparent to match other pictures.

Also, if fake, the leaker would have then covered his tracks perfectly. PERFECTLY. In most leaks, there are blemishes in the photo such as blurry spots, or they're just god awful to the point that it's clearly obvious that the pic is fake.

I'm not totally buying what you're saying. I COULD see the problem with the Battlefield trees, but even then, we don't know the angles of the camera. For all we know, the tree on the right could be at the very tip, while the other one is in plain view.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention, that if he DID create his own background, that the leaker ONCE AGAIN matched the median pattern, the one that would make both halves connect, seamlessly. Everything in this picture looks natural as far as the background.

It is my opinion, that to prove this fake, it is not focusing on Palutena that is the focus, but MARIO. We've seen Mario countless times. If there is something noticeably wrong, it can be pointed out.

However, with the comparison of those Mario pictures, I can't argue with it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ah, yes. Simply more evidence. Also, if this was fake, would they not try to make it look like an official pic, not an offscreen one?
Simple, this is more convincing. People could easily fake a screencap. But an offcreen pic makes it more authentic. Thus more believable...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think MisterVideoGaming understands how Photoshop and Gimp works.

Yes, you can pull off some amazing things, but there is simply absolutely no way that even the most talented graphics maker could make that tiny tiny Mario look THAT good by blowing it up. Pixels don't play well when stretched.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Yes, you can pull off some amazing things, but there is simply absolutely no way that even the most talented graphics maker could make that tiny tiny Mario look THAT good by blowing it up. Pixels don't play well when stretched.
I edited my original post.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well really the main thing I find suspicious about the Translator leak is that if he knew about Rosalina why didn't he post it before her reveal?

His credibility would've skyrocketed.

Of course, there's also the possibility he didn't get the information til after her reveal, but that bit just stuck with me.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Precisely. Like I said, there's no way they could've done this with that tiny Mario.

Admit it, MisterVideoGaming! This leak is real, and there's no way to disprove it without grasping at straws!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom