• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Guys Little Mac wont be playable because he is too small... I thought it was obvious... I mean cause Ridley is too big I thought they both go hand in hand. off to the deconfirmed thread they go!!!!!

They may not be characters I wanna see, but they haven't been officially deconfirmed yet.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I have a suspicion that the leak is both real and fake. The leaker got his hands on some genuine Palutena screenshots, perhaps from a leaked press kit, but doesn't have a build of the game himself. He just faked it through that 3DS image viewer app.

That's why we see only the top screen, why both pictures are only close-up, posed shots rather than actual gameplay, and why we only see Palutena. If someone had an actual build of the game and intended to leak it, we'd see a lot more than this.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I predict tomorrow's PofD will either continue to feed the troll train, or just move on to regular stuff. Most likely the latter...

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
There's a guy on NeoGaf who's saying some points, but I can't post there because they dont take gmail adressess.... anyway
Sakurai said the outlines are "mushy" which, looking at those pics, would seem to suggest there is no outline where a strong contrast is already established. Look at Pit's wings and the bright white parts of his clothing. The outline is not there as opposed to darker parts like his legs and hair. As for the Marth pic, the sword doesn't seem much brighter than Link's but it is massive as it is so close to the camera, so an outline probably isn't needed, especially if it is 3D.

With this in mind, I see some issues with the leaks.
Are you implying that some parts of characters can be outlines, while some aren't? I dunno, but you haven't seen enough 3ds screens clearly.
Pit's wings and weapons aren't outlined, but his toga certainly is. Just because something is light doesn't mean it shouldn't be outlined, that's absured. What if they were on a light background? Outlines stay regardless.

He was also complaining how her outline was colored, instead of pure black. He even claimed to be a graphic artist...

yet look at the colors of Mario and Luigi's outlines here. Look at their hat outlines, they're clearly colored.

So yeah, do your homework man...

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
A few deductions regarding the Palutena leak.
If it is legit, it begs the question "why Palutena, specifically?", to which there are only a couple of answers:
  • Leaker was only able to see Palutena (incomplete tester version, etc.)
  • Images were leaked by Nintendo as part of a viral marketing campaign (unlikely)*
  • There are no more newcomers **
If it's a fake, it begs the same question; "why Palutena?". If you have the skills to craft such a convincing fake, why would you choose Palutena instead of a character that would really shake people up like Ridley or a crazy third-party character like Pac-Man or Bayonetta?

* I can't fully agree with you there-- a purposeful "leak" could actually be a more likely option than we think, because in the more recent years Nintendo actually has tried some attempts at viral marketing (at least in the U.S.) Here in Chicago, for the "Year of Luigi," there was an "L" train completely decorated to promote New Luigi U. I'm sure that wasn't the only city to have a modern attempt at family-friendly viral marketing.

** Why would Palutena indicate that there are no more newcomers? You think Sakurai could be blowing his wad too early on this?? There are plenty of other chances at big reveals, so I'm curious what your line of reasoning for that guess is.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I have a suspicion that the leak is both real and fake. The leaker got his hands on some genuine Palutena screenshots, perhaps from a leaked press kit, but doesn't have a build of the game himself. He just faked it through that 3DS image viewer app.

That's why we see only the top screen, why both pictures are only close-up, posed shots rather than actual gameplay, and why we only see Palutena. If someone had an actual build of the game and intended to leak it, we'd see a lot more than this.
THIS. OMG, us Isaac supporters think alike! <3

But yeah, this was my theory too. Especially considering a "screenshot leak" is far more likely than an actual game footage leak. This could just be a lucky Nintendo employee that got screenshots of an upcoming Smash site reveal and put them on a 3DS to give the leak another layer.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
just a thing... do you guys stopped to think that all the "leaked" screenshots were of likely characters? Mewtwo, Ness, Jigglypuff, Pac-Man and now Palutena... being fake or not, I think that, if someone want to really impress us, this person needs to make something unlikely seem convincing at least by the screenshot (as Palutena's one)... I dunno... Bubbles? XD.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
THIS. OMG, us Isaac supporters think alike! <3

But yeah, this was my theory too. Especially considering a "screenshot leak" is far more likely than an actual game footage leak. This could just be a lucky Nintendo employee that got screenshots of an upcoming Smash site reveal and put them on a 3DS to give the leak another layer.
I can't believe that never occurred to me. That would be very smart of them to do.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
If this screenshot was taken by a play tester or something then they are going to be in pretty deep **** if Nintendo found out about this (IF this is actually real).

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Can I just have Isaac please

And if Platurus or whoever she is is the last newcomer or most exciting, I'll be pissed

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy! I can't WAIT to main CD-I Link!
The combination of bombs and lamp oil must be the reason for edgeguarding nerf.

Here's the thing. What will be on touch screen, and what is on it right now? Because if it won't contain anything but scores - it probably won't in most modes - it is highly possible these two are very different at the moment, with most efforts spent on gameplay. If it was dark, then wasting the camera estate on it is stupid (especially if we go by theory that shot was made in a hurry to not get detected; otherwise, 2 shots would be best of course). If it contained debug info, leaking that would cause panic and mole hunting at the developers'.

Also of note: in case a leak shows touch screen containing plausible stuff, please stay calm. There is an OS vulnerability on earlier versions of 3DS firmware which some techie used to boot a simple Doom-esque game port complete with touch screen controls (and showed it off on YT). This means that touch screen isn't really display safe anymore.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Are we still doing that Palutena avatar thing?
So far I does not look like focus on the miiverse picture

And plus its impossible to proove its real nor fake

(We can't proove its fake because her body design does not match the brawl design nor kid Icarus upsring design well the body but not from the accually game)

D

Deleted member

Wow, I thought Mewtwo was the only one held out of N64. With Dedede we were told that he was indeed supposed to be in Melee, but he was kicked because they could put in 4 more clones instead of one character. We knew he was considered. The point I'm trying to make, is that they weren't considered for either of the two games, as in we were never told that they were supposed to be in. And what is this about them not being able to be considered for Melee? I don't get what you mean by that.
1. Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede were all planned for Smash 64.
Though they had to be scrapped during development due to "circumstances" (most likely hardware issues).
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html

☆トップの方の、「クッパ」「デデデ」「ミュウツー」などは、
実はスマブラ開発中は登場予定だったのですが、
諸処の事情でカットになってしまいました・・・。
Translation said:
☆ towards the top, "Bowser", "Dedede" and "Mewtwo" is、
In fact, although it was a scheduled appearance Smash Bros. development,
It has become cut by circumstances ... Shosho.
2. The Dedede thing for Melee you described is misconception of an unverified statement by cednym of NeoGAF.
He said that Sakurai stated he:
a) Had backup plans for Dedede if Intelligent Systems did not allow him to include Marth.
b) Could have made one extra non-cloned character in the time it took to make the 6 clones.

People commonly combine these two to mean that Dedede was planned but passed over for the clones. Which is not what cednym said.

3. Just because Sakurai doesn't say someone was considered doesn't automatically mean they weren't.
Aside from that, Diddy Kong was in neither Smash 64 or Melee, was never given any statements by Sakurai on being considered, yet was in Brawl despite being "passed over" twice. Same with Pokémon Trainer Red and his set of Pokémon, Pit, R.O.B., Wario, etc. Why should it matter if Ridley or Little Mac got "passed over"?

4. In Melee's time, Ridley and Little Mac would have little reason to be considered;
-Ridley didn't really get any support for Smash until he showed up in Melee's trailer (which is essentially the opening), and even then, the level of support for him didn't escalate to as high as it is until after Brawl was announced (about a year after characters were decided upon other than Sonic). Even then, Metroid wasn't that big of a series in Melee's time, and Ridley was little more than a boss that appeared in 2 out of 3 games. It wasn't until after Melee that Metroid expanded and Ridley became a much more major character, being tied to Samus' backstory and being the most recurring character other than Samus herself.

-Little Mac wasn't that big of a request until Brawl's time. ....not really much to say there.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
1. Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede were all planned for Smash 64.
Though they had to be scrapped during development due to "circumstances" (most likely hardware issues).
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html

2. The Dedede thing for Melee you described is misconception of an unverified statement by cednym of NeoGAF.
He said that Sakurai stated he:
a) Had backup plans for Dedede if Intelligent Systems did not allow him to include Marth.
b) Could have made one extra non-cloned character in the time it took to make the 6 clones.

People commonly combine these two to mean that Dedede was planned but passed over for the clones. Which is not what cednym said.

3. Just because Sakurai doesn't say someone was considered doesn't automatically mean they weren't.
Aside from that, Diddy Kong was in neither Smash 64 or Melee, was never given any statements by Sakurai on being considered, yet was in Brawl despite being "passed over" twice. Same with Pokémon Trainer Red and his set of Pokémon, Pit, R.O.B., Wario, etc. Why should it matter if Ridley or Little Mac got "passed over"?

4. In Melee's time, Ridley and Little Mac would have little reason to be considered;
-Ridley didn't really get any support for Smash until he showed up in Melee's trailer (which is essentially the opening), and even then, the level of support for him didn't escalate to as high as it is until after Brawl was announced (about a year after characters were decided upon other than Sonic). Even then, Metroid wasn't that big of a series in Melee's time, and Ridley was little more than a boss that appeared in 2 out of 3 games. It wasn't until after Melee that Metroid expanded and Ridley became a much more major character, being tied to Samus' backstory and being the most recurring character other than Samus herself.

-Little Mac wasn't that big of a request until Brawl's time. ....not really much to say there.

I could totally be wrong, but I remember someone saying, in reference to your link, that this was just a poll, not issued by Sakurai himself, and that 007 was never even on Sakurai's mind.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
You know, if Palutena is truly in the roster (which I'm believing regardless if this leak is true or not), it means yet another chalk up to the Translator rumor.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know, if Palutena is truly in the roster (which I'm believing regardless if this leak is true or not), it means yet another chalk up to the Translator rumor.
Until the leak is proven false by just a standalone diddy reveal.

I wouldn't put stock in that rumor just yet.

D

Deleted member

I could totally be wrong, but I remember someone saying, in reference to your link, that this was just a poll, not issued by Sakurai himself, and that 007 was never even on Sakurai's mind.
You've completely misread the post.
I'm not referring to the poll itself; I'm referring to Sakurai's comments UNDER the poll.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Until the leak is proven false by just a standalone diddy reveal.

I wouldn't put stock in that rumor just yet.
I'm not. I'm simply saying that if the Palutena leak does (eventually) ring true, it means yet another prediction from what I guess you could call the "main" rumor turned out to be correct.

For all we know the rest of the predictions won't be right after this one, but of course we won't find out for certain until the game is in our systems.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So why does everyone believe the translator "leak," is it seriously just because of Ashley? :facepalm:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So why does everyone believe the translator "leak," is it seriously just because of Ashley? :facepalm:
Well, not necessarily JUST Ashley. If you'll notice, the Translator leak also mentions Lady Palutena. Due to these images, people are beleiving there's more credence to that leak.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You've completely misread the post.
I'm not referring to the poll itself; I'm referring to Sakurai's comments UNDER the poll.
I realize you were referring to the comment under the poll, but I was referring to someone implying that Sakurai had nothing to do with anything on the page you listed. Looking at it though, it seems like it's definitely him, do we know that for sure? I don't know anything about that site, is it run by Sakurai? You are correct that I'm definitely missing some information, which is why I'm asking. Please don't think I'm trying to argue or refute your point, I'm legitimately confused, trying to find out if your link actually proves Dedede was planned for 64, because I heard that site called into question (like a hundred pages ago)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
This guy (gal?) knows what's up.

But yeah, I really doubt Palutena or any next newcomer would be the last or most exciting one. There's bound to be a few cool secret characters.
Ethan is a boys name, so. Um.

And yes I do. Isaac is my most wanted character behind Zelda. And I have her.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Unlike "leaks" based on community-predicted reveal dates, Ashley did turn up very randomly fast after appearance of the thing. Unless Sakurai actually took a look at the leak, then revealed the Ashley for trolling reasons... we can assume that this was a coincidence. While saying Ashley will be an AT wasn't implausible, obviously, it was a rather random point to grab on. This means that this is the most legitimate text leak so far given the current knowledge - this obviously doesn't automatically mean it is 90% true or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom