• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh! One last point I will make. Remember how many considered Balloon Fighter "dead" because of Animal Crosser having his hat?

Boxing Gloves. He has boxing gloves, something only Little Mac would have. And isn't Punch Out unlockable in an Animal Crossing? I know Balloon Fighter is, and that's why AC can use his balloons. Wouldn't the gloves not be there if Little Mac was in?
I see it as this: Anyone can wear boxing gloves but only one can fly like Balloon Fight. This is why I say Little Mac isn't doomed by Villager but (sadly) Balloon Fighter is.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm not saying it's not a Punch Out stage. I'm sorry, I just realized that's how it sounded. But I think if it is a Punch Out Stage, it would be for a character that isn't in the game. I understand that Hanebow doesn't have characters to put in smash, but they had a stage to. I think this is one of those instances. A cool little cameo for a series.
It's for sure a Punch Out stage. If it isn't I'd be extremely surprised, and that stage would've taken some HEAVY inspiration from Punch Out.
Here's some big evidence that it is indeed a Punch Out stage (in case you haven't seen this): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66465585

It IS always possible that it's a stand-alone stage, but that would be fairly unlikely. Mac seems so plausible as a character since: He had a revival of his franchise after Brawl, was actually in Brawl (albeit as an assist trophy), has a fighting style not yet represented, is a very popular character choice, and is like a psuedo-retro-rep.

He even fought DK in Punch Out Wii, so now's his chance for a rematch :troll:.

Last edited:

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I see it as this: Anyone can wear boxing gloves but only one can fly like Balloon Fight. This is why I say Little Mac isn't doomed by Villager but (sadly) Balloon Fighter is.
This is kind of what I was thinking too. Villager is clearly referencing Balloon fighter here which wouldn't be needed if Balloon Fighter actually made it in. Boxing gloves are a bit more openended and wouldn't neccessarely be a direct reference to Punchout/Little Mac

Morbi

Scavenger
It's for sure a Punch Out stage. If it isn't, I'd be extremely surprised, and that stage would've taken some HEAVY inspiration from Punch Out.
Here's some big evidence that it is indeed a Punch Out stage (in case you haven't seen this): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66465585

It IS always possible that it's a stand-alone stage, but that would be fairly unlikely. He seems so plausible as a character since: He had a revival of his franchise after Brawl, was actually in Brawl (albeit as an assist trophy), has a fighting style not yet represented, is a very popular character choice, and is like a psuedo-retro-rep.

He even fought DK in Punch Out Wii, so now's his chance for a rematch :troll:.
I still think it is a generic boxing stage that has taken inspiration from Nintendo. I do not think it is entirely absurd that a Nintendo fighting game featuring a Nintendo boxing ring would take heavy inspiration from Nintendo's most prevalent boxing game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Has any new rumors sprung up, or was everyone distracted by the shiny pictures?
If by shiny pictures, you mean the pics of Lady Palutena, then yes, we were all distracted by them.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is kind of what I was thinking too. Villager is clearly referencing Balloon fighter here which wouldn't be needed if Balloon Fighter actually made it in. Boxing gloves are a bit more openended and wouldn't neccessarely be a direct reference to Punchout/Little Mac
Precisely, in fact, in conjunction with the "Bowling Ball," I believe there is a more overt reference to Mii Sports than anything.

Balloon Fighter had so much potential. :crying:
Rest in peace Balloon Fighter.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I still think it is a generic boxing stage that has taken inspiration from Nintendo. I do not think it is entirely absurd that a Nintendo fighting game featuring a Nintendo boxing ring would take heavy inspiration from Nintendo's most prevalent boxing game.
Indeed, but if it's not a Punch Out stage, it is literally a Punch Out stage with Smash logos slapped all over it. I don't think they'd make 3 "unique stages" (Battlefield, Final Destination, and supposedly this one) when there are so many other games/franchises that could use one.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
4chan is on the case again. Then again I swear this **** happens everyday so it's most likely nothing.
Oh man, artwork for lyn? I hope she's playable and not an assist, hope this rumor is real even though it probably isn't.....

And her hair is green, it just looks black in some lighting, it was a gba game after all, not even morrigan got her hair color right until mvc3. yes i'm late but w/e.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Indeed, but if it's not a Punch Out stage, it is literally a Punch Out stage with Smash logos slapped all over it. I don't think they'd make 3 "unique stages" (Battlefield, Final Destination, and supposedly this one) when there are so many other games/franchises that could use one.
I'm really leaning towards the Smashville type thing. Series gets a stage but no character.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh man, artwork for lyn? I hope she's playable and not an assist, hope this rumor is real even though it probably isn't.....

And her hair is green, it just looks black. yes i'm late but w/e.
Lyn can always be a costume for Palutena... you know... because she has green hair! :awesome:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

And her hair is green, it just looks black in some lighting, it was a gba game after all, not even morrigan got her hair color right until mvc3. yes i'm late but w/e.
Woah Woah woah, WHAT? WHERE IS THIS?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My bad, I meant all of the clones. I was thinking 4, since 4 were removed.
So what you're saying is, if King Dedede was in Melee...we would've had...

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Peach
Bowser
Zelda \ Sheik
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Marth
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf (maybe)
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch

That seems so much better. Why didn't we get this??

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
...Seriously. Is there another leak to debunk/question?

Lame, not believeable at all.
Of course, that's just me getting my hopes up, cause it has lyn :p

I know its not really legit. tho i wish it was.

They can't, Marth and Lyn are from two completely different franchises.
One's from Fire Emblem, and the other is from Smash Bros.
I failed to see your point.
Lol they are from the same franchise.
Wait wasn't Ashley deconfirmed.
the "leak" said some were assists some were playable, he just didn't know which ones or something.

Grain of salt.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, it's been more than a day since the leak and nothing has been proved yet. The model doesn't match her Brawl or Uprising models and there are no traces that indicate image manipulation. Many things point toward being legit, but the possibility of being fake still exists.

Guess that only time will tell if this one is true or not.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
So what you're saying is, if King Dedede was in Melee...we would've had...

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Peach
Bowser
Zelda \ Sheik
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Marth
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf (maybe)
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch

That seems so much better. Why didn't we get this??

Yes. All of them.

No. Clearly I meant Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Maybe Falco and Gannondorf wouldn't be in.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
The rumor said the guy saw some character art. that's what I meant. it probably isn't real. but i wish it was.

Again if its full alt, and not a palette then fine :troll:
Oh if that's the case, then just the other day I saw character art of Waluigi, Sgt. Frog, Slippy, Krystal, Dr. Kawashima, Bowser Jr., and Erika. Oh what, you don't believe me because I'm not anonymous/anyone else :troll:.

It will be a full alt, but her proportions will be stretched to fit Chrom (Muscular Lyn with one oversized arm ftw!).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Oh if that's the case, then just the other day I saw character art of Waluigi, Sgt. Frog, Slippy, Krystal, Dr. Kawashima, Bowser Jr., and Erika. Oh what, you don't believe me because I'm not anonymous/anyone else :troll:.

It will be a full alt, but her proportions will be stretched to fit Chrom (Muscular Lyn with one oversized arm ftw!).
I do not approve, good sir.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I thought Miiverse would be more similar to the old Nintendo Nsider forums that got shut down years ago. But I don't remember the community being as stupid as it is in Miiverse even at a younger age. What happened?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just got home from school and there are 25 new pages! Looks like I have some reading to do!
...Good luck...
I thought Miiverse would be more similar to the old Nintendo Nsider forums that got shut down years ago. But I don't remember the community being as stupid as it is in Miiverse even at a younger age. What happened?
The ten year olds took it over.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
No, don't go down into that place! By the time you get back here, there'll be 25 more :troll:.

Even if it's her only shot to be playable?

You MUST decide, deformed Lyn or no Lyn :troll:. The choice is yours :awesome:.
I'd rather she be in PM if she's not in playable in smash 4. But if its the only choice, then yes..... you suck. good thing a chrom alt will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom