• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, which one of you wise guys wrote this one?

-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
The Stork? Really? Why don't we ask the OP of that Stork thread?

LF2K

Floor Diver
"Smash Circuit" seems to be a plausible name, at least. And that Kamek trophy sounds hilarious.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well not sm4sh related but theres a rumor going on king k tools thread and on DKVine

The rumor is king k rool was possibly ment to be playable in smash bros brawl

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
That roster fake pic was pretty cool, looks like a more colorful re-skinned brawl roster select screen, which would be totally fine.
That last spot in the roster mock-up should probably go to Takamaru, imo.
Predicting Ashley as an Assist really doesn't make any of the leaks any more true. I don't think it was the hardest thing to guess.
The leak about the music guy doesn't seem so bad, until it said the Stork was playable. That might be pretty funny, but I don't think we have the slots to waste on a stork. I mean what are the chances of Yoshi getting a newcomer anyhow. I'd would bet there pretty darn low. Otherwise it seems fairly plausible. And it's a different story. You have to at least give him credit for originality.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That stork leak is totally fake. Everyone knows kamek is 10x better than the stork.

Even though the kamek assist doesn't sound bad.

Basty

Smash Ace
My friend got me some more information (Remember I am not 100% sure if this is true he might be pulling my leg)
-Dr Mario is a Mario Costume
-Kalos Trainer would own Chespin Braxien Greninja
-Blue Toad was considered
-Stork is not a playable character (lulz)
-Shulk is a newcomer
-Chrom Replaces Ike
-There is another Fire Emblem Character (Most Likely Lucina)
-Impa is Considered Playable
-Lorr Starcutter is a stage
-Kat and Ana are no longer Assist Trophys (He Doesn't know what they are now)
-Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy
-Luigi's Mansion is a stage for 3DS

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I just got off the phone with my boi Sakurai. He was like: "sup dawg" and I was like "Yo bro, glad the development is going well! Can't wait to play it! btw is Krystal a playable character?", and he was like "you know it homie", and I was like "cool beans"

So there you have it, Krystal is in Smash 4. Krystal and StarFox fans rejoice!

Basty

Smash Ace
I just got off the phone with my boi Sakurai. He was like: "sup dawg" and I was like "Yo bro, glad the development is going well! Can't wait to play it! btw is Krystal a playable character?", and he was like "you know it homie", and I was like "cool beans"

So there you have it, Krystal is in Smash 4. Krystal and StarFox fans rejoice!
lol

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I just got confirmation that Shrek is indeed a playable character in Smash 4. That's all the proof you need.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just as a notice: while APC is temporarily absent from the site, the OP will be handled by the moderators should need be, much like the Deconfirmed Character Thread.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
You want to know? Fine. I'm just here to let off some steam and troll/mess around with people. I'm serious in real life 24/7 focusing on my studies, why should I waste my time developing hypotheses over trivial pics of day? Why should I waste my time speculating over supposed "leaks" when its better to just shut up and wait for the game to release? I find it laughable when someone says "my video game logic is impeccable". You know how silly that is? its a video game forum. I cannot even fathom as to why people go to such great lengths, to try to figure out what goes on in a developer's mind when they can just wait for the game to release. (I don't find it fun, playing some smash is more fun.)

This struck me as somewhat of a belittling post. Just because some users choose not to go to great lengths in terms of speculation doesn't mean that their inept or that some users are better than others. If i misinterpreted then correct me, but that's how I interpreted your post.
Worst thing about this website is you all think you are trolls.

Focused on studies 24/7....Yet 2000+ posts on a smash bros website. Pick one.

Also, you are in a ****ing leak thread. If you aren't here to speculate, get out of here and study

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Worst thing about this website is you all think you are trolls.

Focused on studies 24/7....Yet 2000+ posts on a smash bros website. Pick one.

Also, you are in a ****ing leak thread. If you aren't here to speculate, get out of here and study
**** you, I wasn't coming back here but you had to be a douche and reply to me.

Have you heard of winter vacation? yeah I'm sure you have.

If you don't like this website then how about you leave.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
**** you, I wasn't coming back here but you had to be a douche and reply to me.

Have you heard of winter vacation? yeah I'm sure you have.

If you don't like this website then how about you leave.
Solid counterargument there comrade

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
my dad works for sakurai and he says geno confirmed

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
When will the "leakers" learn that knowing so many things about multiple game aspects is way beyond the realm of realistic hearsay?

Like, I could see someone getting the full roster, but would someone who works at Namco tell their friend all the characters, stages, assist trophies and possibly music in the game, to the point where the leaker would actually have an insider comment to add to every piece of information?

Try harder, clowns. ... Or stop trying so hard, whichever works for you.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
@ KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27
@ XStarWarriorX XStarWarriorX
Let's not have things escalate, no need for flaming. And no need for digging up posts with the intent to instigate and argue KCCHIEF.
Wasn't digging it up nor did I flame him.

I like to stay up to date with this thread so I'm not lost when I don't check it all day. I read through the old posts from earlier today that I missed, I would hardly call that digging it up.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27
@ XStarWarriorX XStarWarriorX
Let's not have things escalate, no need for flaming. And no need for digging up posts with the intent to instigate and argue KCCHIEF.
Whatever you say harley, it will be done as you say.

I apologize for any inconveniences. and apologize to that salmon guy, apparently my opinion turns into a fight, it was not my intention for things to escalate the way that they did.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wasn't digging it up nor did I flame him.

I like to stay up to date with this thread so I'm not lost when I don't check it all day. I read through the old posts from earlier today that I missed, I would hardly call that digging it up.
If the part you're primarily denying is "digging it up", that's not a good sign.

Whatever you say harley, it will be done as you say.

I apologize for any inconveniences. and apologize to that salmon guy, apparently my opinion turns into a fight, it was not my intention for things to escalate the way they did.
Fair enough. I'd also take the seriousness of whatever KCCHIEF is saying with a grain of salt, he has a history of trolling.

Now let's get back to trying to stay more or less on topic.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
He criticized people for speculating in a speculation thread. I didn't break any rules. I love how you are saying these posts are off-topic, yet you allow the 100 "my dad works for nintendo" posts that end in a troll face.

Great moderation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He criticized people for speculating in a speculation thread. I didn't break any rules. I love how you are saying these posts are off-topic, yet you allow the 100 "my dad works for nintendo" posts that end in a troll face.

Great moderation.
Digging yourself a grave here, man.

WHOA MAN YOU GOT ME
2pro4you #2swag

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Opinons on the leak that seems about 99.4% fake:
My friend got me some more information (Remember I am not 100% sure if this is true he might be pulling my leg)
-Dr Mario is a Mario Costume
Eeeeeeh... Better than nothing, I guess...
-Kalos Trainer would own Chespin Braxien Greninja
I'd dig that. Those are the Pokemon I envisioned for him/her as well.
-Blue Toad was considered
Yep. Not Toad, but Blue Toad. Seriously, just call a playable Toad "Toad." It's so stupid.
If "Blue Toad" didn't have regular Toad's colors as a pallete swap, then that'd be even stupider.
-Shulk is a newcomer
Yes.
-Chrom Replaces Ike
No.
-Impa is Considered Playable
Just considered for a playable position, or actually playable?
-Waluigi is still an Assist Trophy
-Luigi's Mansion is a stage for 3DS
Meh.

---

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Can we agree to put a moratorium on the whole "my uncle's dog walker works for Sakurai" silliness? It stopped being funny in 2006, and no matter how clever you think you are, you aren't going to say anything that someone hasn't already said a thousand times already. It's fairly frustrating to see that this thread has a lot of new posts, only to discover that I need to wade through pages of completely pointless "jokes" (although that would imply that they have an iota of humor).

That being said, what are the chances that we even get a legitimate leak this early? I know that the only real Brawl leaks happened only a few months before its release. However, since the team is much bigger this time, I'd imagine it would be much easier for something to get leaked.

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Heard from a friend that was a high school colleague of Sakurai:
-Ridley is in, but he's not te biggest character, that title belongs to K. Rool that got too fat from not appearing in any title in a hell long time
-Captain Falcon has another clone, Little Mac, because that makes sense
-There will be 2 more Kirby newcomers because the series is underrepresented and Myamoto lost a bet to Sakuray
-The last character will be Sheriff, to prepare for a revival of the character for his next game that will be Nintendo's first and only MMORPG

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That being said, what are the chances that we even get a legitimate leak this early? I know that the only real Brawl leaks happened only a few months before its release. However, since the team is much bigger this time, I'd imagine it would be much easier for something to get leaked.
I'm not expecting any legitimate leaks until at least April or May because I'm sure the games will be close to going gold by that time. Games developers seem to be a lot less hush hush about games as they get further and further into development.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just a heads up, i will be posting my fake leak elsewhere first. I want to test everyone's skills. If you can decipher what was put in to fool people, I'll show you which one it is. It should be done by tomorrow though.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Seriously if a leak is to believed you've got to look at the context. Was this person viewing a single match and caught wind of certain mechanics, but is limited to a single match? Does this person keep in touch with someone who works for Namco-Bandai, and as such, would only know a bit of a category (As if you know everything just because you work there, there are infact divisions whether it be the art, programming, music, and so on) or did a worker actually come to a site to not only share but translate information for their most dedicated demographic?

I'd believe, or at least watch, a leak like this

I cannot share my sources, but I did in fact see a few matches of FFA of the latest Super Smash Brothers. Although, I can share what little details I've discovered. Believe this if you wish, I didn't really know where to post this as there are towers of fake 'leaks' surfacing, so if nobody even looks at this I wouldn't be surprised

- Battlefield, atleast from what I've heard, has a remix of the SSBB theme. I also heard the song from the first trailer in a FFA, so I'm guessing there may be song variability like in SSBB
- All the items in matches were familar: green shells, bumpers, barrels and so on. I did catch a glimpse of a sticker as well, so those are back. Also, there was this interesting box with a red shoe on it. I think it's from Sonic games, as it gave characters a speed boost. I didn't see a bunny hood
- The menus are different than before - no more of those square boxes and flat images. Every menu is like the opening to Smash 64. Where you enter different rooms to go to different modes, and the childrens room is the fighting mode. Characters are trophies, and come to life when selected ala Smash 64.
- Gameplay is much faster than Brawl, atleast from a viewers standpoint. I didn't see tripping, but that toadstool jump was used a lot more, perhaps the team implemented it more this time.
- Size matters in the next installment ~ every character seems to be fitting of their actual size now! Dedede and Bowser tower over once similar sized Peach and Link.
- Now for characters I saw. While in this gameplay demo, I saw *fill in and put believable description*

Not just characters. It has modes, little things that if you were shown the game for only a minute, would show off a bunch and give a lot to talk about. THIS IS NOT REAL BTW. Just an example of something more believable and fake leakers should take note of instead of

-I know someone who works for Sakurai
- This is the entire roster
- Ridley

Didn't bother giving a backstory either or what characters because I'm gonna be late for a tutorial so SEE YA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom